• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What video games deserve a HD Remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LingeringVanitas

FF XII deserves one, but according to rumor they may not even do the normal game, they may HD remaster the International version, which had the job system. Which is just as good. I don't know of any others that deserve it really....I wasn't a fan of much games. Tales of the Abyss was a choppy looking game that begs for an HD remaster, and maybe they'd finally fix the map issue. But, I doubt they will do it since it was ported to 3DS already. Phantasy Star Generation 2[which was a Sega Ages remake of Phantasy Star 2] And it was sort of like a High end graphics 2d remake that as we speak is still being fan-translated. But a full HD remaster would be nice and fully translated. NamcoXCapcom[which I played translated] was a Fun tactical rpg that was never released outside of Japan on Ps2. That not many people knew about which is funny considering they made a direct sequel to it and released it to the US on 3DS called Project X Zone. But a HD remaster of NamcoXCapcom would be cool. But, not sure if it'd be worth the "HD" considering there isn't really much 3d in it, except for the battle fields used for the tactical battles.....and they seem to only be doing ps2 games for the HD remasters right?....well no that's not true they did PSP games. But not many so far. FF7 Crisis Core[PSP] deserves one for sure....that's my non ps2 pick. Ps1?....I can think of many that deserve a HD remaster lol but too many to count.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Could TWEWY count? I've never played it, since it's only on Nintendo DS. To see TWEWY on a different system like Playstation and have better graphics (even though the graphics are okay), it would be amazing. Yet the fighting technique in the game might be different though...

Square Enix could go all Etrain Oddesy and release a 3DS version of The World Ends With You with a similar graphics engine to the /Crisis Core/Kingdom Hearts series. The World Ends With You is best off as a handheld experience as I really cannot see it transitioning to home consoles.

FF XII deserves one, but according to rumor they may not even do the normal game, they may HD remaster the International version, which had the job system. Which is just as good. I don't know of any others that deserve it really....I wasn't a fan of much games. Tales of the Abyss was a choppy looking game that begs for an HD remaster, and maybe they'd finally fix the map issue. But, I doubt they will do it since it was ported to 3DS already. Phantasy Star Generation 2[which was a Sega Ages remake of Phantasy Star 2] And it was sort of like a High end graphics 2d remake that as we speak is still being fan-translated. But a full HD remaster would be nice and fully translated. NamcoXCapcom[which I played translated] was a Fun tactical rpg that was never released outside of Japan on Ps2. That not many people knew about which is funny considering they made a direct sequel to it and released it to the US on 3DS called Project X Zone. But a HD remaster of NamcoXCapcom would be cool. But, not sure if it'd be worth the "HD" considering there isn't really much 3d in it, except for the battle fields used for the tactical battles.....and they seem to only be doing ps2 games for the HD remasters right?....well no that's not true they did PSP games. But not many so far. FF7 Crisis Core[PSP] deserves one for sure....that's my non ps2 pick. Ps1?....I can think of many that deserve a HD remaster lol but too many to count.

Final Fantasy XII HD remaster is so overdue that it's kind of insulting. The CG cutscenes have aged really well and it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to polish up the graphics so that they're HD compatible. I really don't see Namco x Capcom getting a HD remaster as that series is now the Project X Zone series and the developers (Monolith Soft) is now a Nintendo development company.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wake me when they finally release HD versions of The Simpsons: Hit and Run and The Simpsons: Road Rage

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think Chrono Cross is long overdue for an HD remaster. I hope they can do it similarly to the Steam release of FFIX with the updated UI.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I think Chrono Cross is long overdue for an HD remaster. I hope they can do it similarly to the Steam release of FFIX with the updated UI.

I would love to see this. I just completed Chrono Trigger yesterday and I hunger for more. I first read that Chorono Cross is available in PSN so I thought I would get it from there, but it appears they have never released it to the European PSN. :(

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Everyone complaining about FFXII just got their wish!

Just about every major 3D polygon game, by popularity standards and sales, has seen some sort of HD/Remaster. Whether or not HD/Remaster is necessary is up to your discretion. I was reading about some lists online (various articles) and most demands have been met or are currently in progress. Here is a small list I thought of:

*edit*
I've made a mistake. HD/Remaster is completely different than a game being remade. I have changed my list.

Remakes:

1. Lots of Disney licensed games
2. Streetfighter II
3. Metroid II - Return of Samus
4. The Legend of Zelda II
5. The Legend of Zelda

HD/Remster:
1. Spyro the Dragon
2. Twisted Metal series
3. Final Fantasy VI/VIII/IX
4. Socom and/or Syphon Filter
5. Gex: Enter the Gecko

Last edited:

SkeithTheTerror

The first 3 Fatal Frame games definitely deserve a HD remaster. (I known 2 got a Wii remake, but let's pretend that doesn't exist). Another series that really deserves one is the .Hack//G.U. games

SoulXaldin

Awards
HD Remaster, huh?

Hmm....

Honestly, it would've been nice to see MGS3 be remastered instead of being wasted on some pachinko machine. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it here but, such a remaster would have been a huge benefit for Konami in the long run. That game is so renowned by many for being so alluring and defying the series' conventions at the time, and remastering it would have made the experience even more interesting and mind-boggling. From a profitable perspective, the L's at Konami (hehe...L's) could've won over so many fans back and to that sweet green stuff. But no, it had to be the pachinko's...:mad:

Scenario

I'd love to see a PS4 remaster for the entire Jak and Daxter series (Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, and Jak 3, and maybe even Jak-X although that didn't follow the main story). That game was my childhood, and I'd pay a full $60 to play it on my PS4. Or even give me a Jak 4, that'd be wonderful too.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd love to see a PS4 remaster for the entire Jak and Daxter series (Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, and Jak 3, and maybe even Jak-X although that didn't follow the main story). That game was my childhood, and I'd pay a full $60 to play it on my PS4. Or even give me a Jak 4, that'd be wonderful too.
Those games are going up as PS2 playable games for PS4 alongside trophy support if that's alright with you? I found the frame rate of Jak 2 and 3 on PS3/Vita to be abysmal so hopefully it will run better as a PS2 native game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Those games are going up as PS2 playable games for PS4 alongside trophy support if that's alright with you? I found the frame rate of Jak 2 and 3 on PS3/Vita to be abysmal so hopefully it will run better as a PS2 native game.

I'm so divided on that decision by Sony. Couldn't they just fix all the glitches that the HD remasters suffered from? because I loved the widescreen formatting of the games. It would have been easier to just port the PS3 version with Jak X in widescreen as opposed to remastering from scratch through an emulator in standard definition screen size.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I would love to see a proper crash bandicoot-esque graphics overhaul for one of my favorite PlayStation 2 games as a kid, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. It was just so unique in its concept and fun in its execution to me that I think it deserves a proper overhaul like Crash for the PS4 (no, not just an HD version for PC like the one on steam).

Scenario

PS2 playable games for PS4? Does that require the PlayStation Now subscription or however PS4 does their backwards compatibility games? I'd still much prefer a remaster overhaul but I guess all of Naughty Dog is focusing on The Last of Us Part 2 and the new Uncharted game.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm so divided on that decision by Sony. Couldn't they just fix all the glitches that the HD remasters suffered from? because I loved the widescreen formatting of the games. It would have been easier to just port the PS3 version with Jak X in widescreen as opposed to remastering from scratch through an emulator in standard definition screen size.

Agreed. Whoever said "Hey, let's give them the PS2 version even though our company did remastered ports" should just be fired. You don't move backwards to gain profit, so why are they convinced this will is suited for fans?

PS2 playable games for PS4? Does that require the PlayStation Now subscription or however PS4 does their backwards compatibility games? I'd still much prefer a remaster overhaul but I guess all of Naughty Dog is focusing on The Last of Us Part 2 and the new Uncharted game.

No subscription required. The PSN Store has a section for these games.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Star Fox Adventures (Nintendo Gamecube)
Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow (Yeah i know these games have been updated already but i would love to see them in the graphic style of Pokemon Sun / Moon)
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (Sega Dreamcast | Sega just don't do anything stupid and try to rework the gameplay. They were fine, Just update the graphics and fix voice sync issues and we will be happy.)
Super Mario 64
Fighting Force 64
WCW vs NWO Revenge (N64)
WWF No Mercy (N64)
Bloody Roar Primal Fury (Nintendo Gamecube)

Chances are none of these will be re-mastered but it was a nice thought

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Agreed. Whoever said "Hey, let's give them the PS2 version even though our company did remastered ports" should just be fired. You don't move backwards to gain profit, so why are they convinced this will is suited for fans?

I think they're doing that on purpose just to force it into the PS2 section of the PlayStation Network store. But even that's stupid to consider when you see that the Uncharted remasters are not forced to be in a PS3 classics section. This is a little bit irritating for me to go from widescreen definition to standard definition.

Star Fox Adventures (Nintendo Gamecube)
Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow (Yeah i know these games have been updated already but i would love to see them in the graphic style of Pokemon Sun / Moon)
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 (Sega Dreamcast | Sega just don't do anything stupid and try to rework the gameplay. They were fine, Just update the graphics and fix voice sync issues and we will be happy.)
Super Mario 64
Fighting Force 64
WCW vs NWO Revenge (N64)
WWF No Mercy (N64)
Bloody Roar Primal Fury (Nintendo Gamecube)

Chances are none of these will be re-mastered but it was a nice thought

Actually, Bloody Roar may have a slight chance of revival. After the success of Super Bomberman R for Konami, and the fact that the latest Metal Gear Solid has had a really negative reception, Konami may look further into their Hudson Soft catalogue of intellectual properties to stay relevant.

Plus, you have to consider that Konami has no dedicated fighting game franchise, Nintendo has Smash Bros, Sega has Virtua Fighter, Capcom has Street Fighter, Bandai Namco has Tekken, and Square Enix has Dissidia Final Fantasy. This could be a profitable venture for them if they do revive Bloody Roar.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I want to see Dark Souls get a remaster. Sure, it was only a generation ago, but the game feels aged even now, especially graphically, and I would love an opportunity to really get to play it on my PS4. A Scholar of the First Sin treatment for DS1 sounds great.

Less of a remaster and more of a port, I really want to see Persona 4 Golden on PS4. After having put 40 hours into Persona 5, I finally get it, and would love to go back an experience the supposedly superior version of P4 and see what I missed out on.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I said it before and I'll say it again... if JRPG's are on the rise with P5 and FF7R on the horizon, I say that sony needs to look at their cult Classic, The Legend of Dragoon, and while we're at it I could even see Konami taking a look at their own RPG franchise and Remaster both Suikoden 1 and 2, although I could imagine a remastered pair pack and give it a new coat of paint similar to FF4 complete collection

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm sure this has been said plenty, but definitely Crisis Core!

Back