• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Walt Disney World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraX

Awards
^^^ An Annual Pass isn't a bad idea. If you plan on going more than one day to the park(s), it's a real steal. It's cheaper than some of their deals plus you get discount on food, merch, etc. It's like 20% but still, something. Plus free parking!

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
^^^ An Annual Pass isn't a bad idea. If you plan on going more than one day to the park(s), it's a real steal. It's cheaper than some of their deals plus you get discount on food, merch, etc. It's like 20% but still, something. Plus free parking!
How much are the annual passes? I am kind of scared of traveling alone.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

And now Digital Photos downloads are free!!

How much are the annual passes? I am kind of scared of traveling alone.

Ehhh....almost $800 I believe. I guess that's for non-Florida Residents. : /

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
At Epcot we tend to eat at the Electric Umbrella and then kick ourselves for not eating at other places :'D. I really loved the Orange Chicken at China. We're planning on eating at the Rose and Crown on our next visit. I'm super excited to eat there!

Which one did you eat at? I'm assuming it wasn't the quick service, of course, Disney quick service is still great haha. I've visited Animal Kingdom Lodge, but never stayed there. It's another one on the list, since Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks. I actually found the Lodge lobby music on youtube and sometimes listen to it haha. I've stayed at Art of Animation a few times (I really love the Nemo room, I'm dying to stay in the Little Mermaid room), but it's mostly been Port Orleans River side, Caribbean, and Fort Wilderness Cabins. I have also stayed at Vero Beach Resort, which is off property and well, in Vero. We've stayed there a few times and even had some family work there.

The orange chicken is delicious. We typically avoid Electric Umbrella, which is by no means bad, but it is just not quite as good as the World Showcase food places. I actually haven't eaten at Rose and Crown, so I'm curious to know how it is. This last trip, we had all Quick Service meals on our dining plan. It's rough eating heavy and then going out to walk around so much in that Florida heat, but in February we had one table service and one quick service meal a day. This trip, we went with Katsura Grill in Japan and La Cantina de San Angel in Mexico. Last time we had Le Cellier for our table service, and while it is absolutely delicious, it isn't worth the two credits that it costs. I really like La Hacienda de San Angel, or the table service restaurant in Mexico. The steak there was super nice.

I really want to stay at Art of Animation myself. We've stayed off Disney property before too, but it isn't quite the same to me. I love getting the full experience of staying at the Disney resorts.

As for the annual pass, you really don't make your money back on it until your third trip in a year. If you aren't panning on taking three or more trips, it is better just to pay out of pocket. We've never gotten it ourselves, but we've spoken to enough people to know that we didn't go quite often enough for it to make sense for us, although I surely wish it did.

You guys are making me miss Disney already. I feel more homesick when I'm not there than I do about my own home when I am in Disney, it's crazy. There are few things more bittersweet than walking out of a park for the last time on a trip, knowing you won't be back for a year or sometimes longer.

AuroraX

Awards
Back from vacation at Disney! If anyone is curious and wants to see some pictures, you can follow my instagram: @notenoughofdisney.

The food at Rose and Crown was amazing! I got the stuffed Yorkshire Pudding and the Sheppard's pie. Honestly, it's really hard for a Sheppard's pie to taste bad and the Yorkshire Pudding was freaking delicious. Because we were celebrating my parents 25th anniversary they brought out some sponge cakes that had glitter all over them. I was so stuffed I only got a bite or two, but they were good. Plus it was amusing seeing glitter all over my dad's face. XD

It was really neat staying at Caribbean this time, since we stayed in the normal room and not the pirate room (this was typically always my mum's choice XD She loves the pirate room). Got to watch the fireworks for both Hollywood and Epcot at Port Royal. Our last day we went to Hollywood Studios and I accidentally ended up meeting Kylo Ren twice. A friend of mine showed up later and wanted to meet him and I wasn't going to say no haha. There were tons of Stormtroopers out that day, it was so awesome. The new Night time Star Wars show is incredible and worth the wait. You feel like you're actually in the movies. Only downside was they showed the scene where Anakin fights Obi-Wan from episode III. Needless to say my makeup was ruined after that XP.

On the whole AP thing. It cost the same for residents and non-Florida. If you plan on going to Disney and visiting more than 3 days, then yes it's worth it. We have family up north who only come down once or twice a year, but they hit up one to two parks daily for a whole week each visit. You also get discounts on food and merch, free parking, and depending on your pass type you can also get into the water parks. So there is that to consider.

I have to say, I can't imagine how it must be for you out of state folks. Between having family as CMs and having the APs, I've always been able to visit Disney at least 4 times a year. It's always weird for me knowing some people haven't even been, and even weirder knowing some people don't even want to go o_O

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Back from vacation at Disney! If anyone is curious and wants to see some pictures, you can follow my instagram: @notenoughofdisney.

The food at Rose and Crown was amazing! I got the stuffed Yorkshire Pudding and the Sheppard's pie. Honestly, it's really hard for a Sheppard's pie to taste bad and the Yorkshire Pudding was freaking delicious. Because we were celebrating my parents 25th anniversary they brought out some sponge cakes that had glitter all over them. I was so stuffed I only got a bite or two, but they were good. Plus it was amusing seeing glitter all over my dad's face. XD

It was really neat staying at Caribbean this time, since we stayed in the normal room and not the pirate room (this was typically always my mum's choice XD She loves the pirate room). Got to watch the fireworks for both Hollywood and Epcot at Port Royal. Our last day we went to Hollywood Studios and I accidentally ended up meeting Kylo Ren twice. A friend of mine showed up later and wanted to meet him and I wasn't going to say no haha. There were tons of Stormtroopers out that day, it was so awesome. The new Night time Star Wars show is incredible and worth the wait. You feel like you're actually in the movies. Only downside was they showed the scene where Anakin fights Obi-Wan from episode III. Needless to say my makeup was ruined after that XP.

On the whole AP thing. It cost the same for residents and non-Florida. If you plan on going to Disney and visiting more than 3 days, then yes it's worth it. We have family up north who only come down once or twice a year, but they hit up one to two parks daily for a whole week each visit. You also get discounts on food and merch, free parking, and depending on your pass type you can also get into the water parks. So there is that to consider.

I have to say, I can't imagine how it must be for you out of state folks. Between having family as CMs and having the APs, I've always been able to visit Disney at least 4 times a year. It's always weird for me knowing some people haven't even been, and even weirder knowing some people don't even want to go o_O

I'll definitely have to look into Rose and Crown one trip. Watching the fireworks outside of their usual spots in the parks is always interesting. When we went in February, we got to watch them while we ate in Ohana, and it was absolutely outstanding. Meeting Kylo Ren more than once is never a bad thing, he's one of the best character meetings in Disney. I saw A LOAD of Stormtroopers as well, and my friend tried to talk to a pair of them walking around and give them a high five. I don't remember the exact words they used, but it was something asking us to move along. He tried to follow them, and we were countered swiftly with a, "Please, no more public disturbances," or something of the sort. It was absolutely hysterical.

The Star Wars fireworks show was outstanding. It doesn't quite deliver that classic feel of wishes (which I know it isn't supposed to), but it is still spectacular nonetheless. The way the finale physically shook the ground was unforgettable.

As for the AP, I myself am hoping to be able to move closer the the area once I eventually graduate college, as I love the area and it puts me closer to Disney. Even though I've been twice this year, I'm definitely experiencing those classic withdrawal symptoms, and already cannot wait to go back. I cannot fathom how much use I/my family would get out of an annual pass if/when I live closer. Someone I know from the college I'm attending this fall has participated in the Disney college program recently, and it's something I'm morbidly curious about, especially once I get through that first semester or two of college.

Having grown up with Disney and going an average of once a year (twice in the case of this year), it's odd to me to see or talk to people who either aren't interested or simply went and didn't enjoy it. Granted, some people look for far larger thrill rides than Disney has to offer, but it's the bigger picture I wish they could sometimes see. Disney is about the care and courtesy shown to everyone, and the sense of magic that is present everywhere you go. It helps that it's fun, too.

Side note, I may have to drop you a follow next time I open up Instagram. :tongue:

AuroraX

Awards
I'll definitely have to look into Rose and Crown one trip. Watching the fireworks outside of their usual spots in the parks is always interesting. When we went in February, we got to watch them while we ate in Ohana, and it was absolutely outstanding. Meeting Kylo Ren more than once is never a bad thing, he's one of the best character meetings in Disney. I saw A LOAD of Stormtroopers as well, and my friend tried to talk to a pair of them walking around and give them a high five. I don't remember the exact words they used, but it was something asking us to move along. He tried to follow them, and we were countered swiftly with a, "Please, no more public disturbances," or something of the sort. It was absolutely hysterical.

The Star Wars fireworks show was outstanding. It doesn't quite deliver that classic feel of wishes (which I know it isn't supposed to), but it is still spectacular nonetheless. The way the finale physically shook the ground was unforgettable.

As for the AP, I myself am hoping to be able to move closer the the area once I eventually graduate college, as I love the area and it puts me closer to Disney. Even though I've been twice this year, I'm definitely experiencing those classic withdrawal symptoms, and already cannot wait to go back. I cannot fathom how much use I/my family would get out of an annual pass if/when I live closer. Someone I know from the college I'm attending this fall has participated in the Disney college program recently, and it's something I'm morbidly curious about, especially once I get through that first semester or two of college.

Having grown up with Disney and going an average of once a year (twice in the case of this year), it's odd to me to see or talk to people who either aren't interested or simply went and didn't enjoy it. Granted, some people look for far larger thrill rides than Disney has to offer, but it's the bigger picture I wish they could sometimes see. Disney is about the care and courtesy shown to everyone, and the sense of magic that is present everywhere you go. It helps that it's fun, too.

Side note, I may have to drop you a follow next time I open up Instagram. :tongue:

If you like British foods, it's worth a visit for sure! Ohhh that sounds awesome! This time Kylo asked me to join him, I asked if there'd be cookies, and he said no. Then the next time I visited he told me to let the Resistance know they'd receive a visit from him. I quietly said "Do you want a fruit basket or something?" then proceeded to giggle nervously. XD While me and my dad went to meet Chewie, the Stormtroopers in the Launch Bay ran to my mum and started to yell at her, demanding ID. Whenever I say them throughout the day, I'd start waving frantically and they'd tell me to calm down. It was great haha.

Have you seen the new one with the projector's on the theater? Just curious. I kind of view them as different and love them equally. The Star Wars feeds my nerd side, while Wishes feeds my inner child. I hope they never get rid of Wishes. If anything, make it longer!

I've heard a lot of great things about the collage program! I know my cousin really wants to do it. If you can't get in, I'd still suggest applying for a job there. If you plan on wanting to actually work at Disney as a life career, I suggest just getting a job there. That why (unless you get fired) you get to stay in your position. None the less, look into the collage program. I'm actually thinking about working there within in the next few years. My family is talking about moving closer and I've had a lot of people say I'd be great for jobs like friend of Mickey and other characters. I've actually had people tell me since I was 15 to work there, but only recently do I feel more comfortable about getting a real job haha. Besides entertainment, I've always thought about doing attractions. I'd love to work at Tower of Terror or Space Mountain. Even Everest!

Granted, some people look for far larger thrill rides than Disney has to offer, but it's the bigger picture I wish they could sometimes see.

That statement right there is another reason why I like you as a human being. You get it. You get what Disney is and I wish more people did. Walt Disney created the place for people to not just have fun and be entertained, but to also feel safe. I remember going to Universal for Rock the Universe a few years back. While I did have fun and enjoyed myself, I didn't feel as safe, it wasn't as clean, and the crowds weren't as friendly. I had also done Night of Joy the year before and it was still Disney, just with a bunch of Christians around haha.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
If you like British foods, it's worth a visit for sure! Ohhh that sounds awesome! This time Kylo asked me to join him, I asked if there'd be cookies, and he said no. Then the next time I visited he told me to let the Resistance know they'd receive a visit from him. I quietly said "Do you want a fruit basket or something?" then proceeded to giggle nervously. XD While me and my dad went to meet Chewie, the Stormtroopers in the Launch Bay ran to my mum and started to yell at her, demanding ID. Whenever I say them throughout the day, I'd start waving frantically and they'd tell me to calm down. It was great haha. And yep, we did see the brand new fireworks show

Have you seen the new one with the projector's on the theater? Just curious. I kind of view them as different and love them equally. The Star Wars feeds my nerd side, while Wishes feeds my inner child. I hope they never get rid of Wishes. If anything, make it longer!

I've heard a lot of great things about the collage program! I know my cousin really wants to do it. If you can't get in, I'd still suggest applying for a job there. If you plan on wanting to actually work at Disney as a life career, I suggest just getting a job there. That why (unless you get fired) you get to stay in your position. None the less, look into the collage program. I'm actually thinking about working there within in the next few years. My family is talking about moving closer and I've had a lot of people say I'd be great for jobs like friend of Mickey and other characters. I've actually had people tell me since I was 15 to work there, but only recently do I feel more comfortable about getting a real job haha. Besides entertainment, I've always thought about doing attractions. I'd love to work at Tower of Terror or Space Mountain. Even Everest!

Granted, some people look for far larger thrill rides than Disney has to offer, but it's the bigger picture I wish they could sometimes see.

That statement right there is another reason why I like you as a human being. You get it. You get what Disney is and I wish more people did. Walt Disney created the place for people to not just have fun and be entertained, but to also feel safe. I remember going to Universal for Rock the Universe a few years back. While I did have fun and enjoyed myself, I didn't feel as safe, it wasn't as clean, and the crowds weren't as friendly. I had also done Night of Joy the year before and it was still Disney, just with a bunch of Christians around haha.

Your Kylo Ren experiences are just as good as ours. After Kylo questioned us about his missing droid, friend asked if he liked to play golf, and he responded with another question, seemingly to counter ours. "So, are you unsure about your answer?" We stood there laughing until we took our picture and he kicked us out. It was quite a good time. As for the fireworks, I don't remember exactly. I was so enamored by the music and what was going on in the sky that I cannot recall haha.

I couldn't imagine a trip without wishes. They're supposedly getting rid of the fireworks in World Showcase and replacing it, which makes me sad. It's one of my favorite parts of the trip, but I'm sure whatever will replace will be just as excellent.

Working at Disney, or at least in the college program, certainly doesn't pay well, but it's all about the experience for me. To my understanding, those who complete the college program could potentially get opportunities to move up, or at least get an internship in their direct field of study (mass communications and marketing for me). It's something that requires a lot more research for me, but definitely holds a lot of potential for what I might like to do down the road. Even more than that I'd like to see my own novels with that Disney Press logo on the spine one day, but that's another discussion entirely. From everything I've heard, though, working at Disney, even for the short while that is the Disney College Program, is a great experience. Regardless, it's a place I'll be connected to forever in some way.

And ha, you're too kind. Universal definitely does not feel like Disney, and while extremely fun, it doesn't feel like it's a whole lot more than that. Sure, we pay Disney (quite a bit of) our money, and they treat us well because they want us to come back. To me though, it is more than that. It was created as a place for everyone, and still remains as a place for everyone. At the end of the day it is a business and it wants and needs to make money. Beyond that, though, it is a business that cares about their customers and views them as the great people that they are, not the wallets they have. It is about providing people with some of the most memorable experiences of their lives, whether it's their first trip or their 20th.

I'm on a bit of a tangent now, but one of those experiences (just as an example), came when I attempted to ask my girlfriend to prom while being at Disney. She was coming eat with my family at the end of the week at 50's Prime Time in Hollywood Studios, so I had the idea to somehow get them to write "Prom?" on the dessert plate or something. We talked to a girl (a college student I believe), and I wish I had taken her name, because she was so enthusiastic and helpful, and was one of the best cast members I've ever interacted with. They no longer bake their own goods at some of the restaurants, like 50's, but have them done at a Disney bakery and shipped out, for consistency and ease, I guess. The cast member at concierge made several more phone calls with other restaurants and bakeries, but no luck. Our next park was Magic Kingdom, and we had a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest. We only had a reservation for 4, but my girlfriend was able to come eat with us if we could get another spot, and the lady at concierge either hooked the up for us, or gave us her confidence that we'd be able to get the fifth spot, I don't exactly remember. She called the restaurant, but while they baked their goods there, the bakers leave at 4 in the morning and so could not do anything to help. She may have taken our names or something, and promised to let us know if she found anything. The evening before dinner, we were waiting on the bridge leading to the restaurant for our reservation time, and my mom again (without my girlfriend knowing, obviously), attempted to talk to the cast members at the front desk of the restaurant, but told me to the side, a bit disappointed (but very understanding), that they couldn't do anything. I began attempting to think of something else I could do as we sat down to eat. As an aside, we had a waiter named Frankie that night (he was THE BEST server I have had at any restaurant ever, and will be requested, should he still work there, every time I go). The Beast came out at one point during our meal and started rolling around one of the desert carts, at which point Frankie freaked out and began to fuss the Beast, making quite a hilarious scene, but I didn't think anything of it. When it was time to order our dessert, he asked if we all wanted the gray stuff, to which we of course all said yes. When he brought it out, my girlfriends plate had "Will You?" written on it (rather magnificently) in hard chocolate, at which point I, completely surprised and confused, asked her to prom (she loved it, by the way). I was almost speechless, as were my parents, who thought it wasn't happening, when Frankie told us that someone in the kitchen had overheard of what I was wanting to do, and having had experience with baking at home or something, cheerfully took upon herself the task of writing it on the dessert play for me. It is an experience I will never forget (even though I now have to top that for an eventual marriage proposal, whether it be that girl or another), and is one that truly speaks to the character and ideals of what the Walt Disney Company stands for. That is what Disney is all about; it's the excitement and willingness of most people, no matter what position they hold in the company, to go the extra mile for their guests. The lady at concierge, the lady in the kitchen, and Frankie were not getting paid more money to do this for us, but they wanted to make the night of two random teenagers, because again, they care about who you are as a human being. They don't see their guests as customers, they see them as, well, guests.

AuroraX

Awards
Your Kylo Ren experiences are just as good as ours. After Kylo questioned us about his missing droid, friend asked if he liked to play golf, and he responded with another question, seemingly to counter ours. "So, are you unsure about your answer?" We stood there laughing until we took our picture and he kicked us out. It was quite a good time. As for the fireworks, I don't remember exactly. I was so enamored by the music and what was going on in the sky that I cannot recall haha.

I couldn't imagine a trip without wishes. They're supposedly getting rid of the fireworks in World Showcase and replacing it, which makes me sad. It's one of my favorite parts of the trip, but I'm sure whatever will replace will be just as excellent.

Working at Disney, or at least in the college program, certainly doesn't pay well, but it's all about the experience for me. To my understanding, those who complete the college program could potentially get opportunities to move up, or at least get an internship in their direct field of study (mass communications and marketing for me). It's something that requires a lot more research for me, but definitely holds a lot of potential for what I might like to do down the road. Even more than that I'd like to see my own novels with that Disney Press logo on the spine one day, but that's another discussion entirely. From everything I've heard, though, working at Disney, even for the short while that is the Disney College Program, is a great experience. Regardless, it's a place I'll be connected to forever in some way.

And ha, you're too kind. Universal definitely does not feel like Disney, and while extremely fun, it doesn't feel like it's a whole lot more than that. Sure, we pay Disney (quite a bit of) our money, and they treat us well because they want us to come back. To me though, it is more than that. It was created as a place for everyone, and still remains as a place for everyone. At the end of the day it is a business and it wants and needs to make money. Beyond that, though, it is a business that cares about their customers and views them as the great people that they are, not the wallets they have. It is about providing people with some of the most memorable experiences of their lives, whether it's their first trip or their 20th.

I'm on a bit of a tangent now, but one of those experiences (just as an example), came when I attempted to ask my girlfriend to prom while being at Disney. She was coming eat with my family at the end of the week at 50's Prime Time in Hollywood Studios, so I had the idea to somehow get them to write "Prom?" on the dessert plate or something. We talked to a girl (a college student I believe), and I wish I had taken her name, because she was so enthusiastic and helpful, and was one of the best cast members I've ever interacted with. They no longer bake their own goods at some of the restaurants, like 50's, but have them done at a Disney bakery and shipped out, for consistency and ease, I guess. The cast member at concierge made several more phone calls with other restaurants and bakeries, but no luck. Our next park was Magic Kingdom, and we had a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest. We only had a reservation for 4, but my girlfriend was able to come eat with us if we could get another spot, and the lady at concierge either hooked the up for us, or gave us her confidence that we'd be able to get the fifth spot, I don't exactly remember. She called the restaurant, but while they baked their goods there, the bakers leave at 4 in the morning and so could not do anything to help. She may have taken our names or something, and promised to let us know if she found anything. The evening before dinner, we were waiting on the bridge leading to the restaurant for our reservation time, and my mom again (without my girlfriend knowing, obviously), attempted to talk to the cast members at the front desk of the restaurant, but told me to the side, a bit disappointed (but very understanding), that they couldn't do anything. I began attempting to think of something else I could do as we sat down to eat. As an aside, we had a waiter named Frankie that night (he was THE BEST server I have had at any restaurant ever, and will be requested, should he still work there, every time I go). The Beast came out at one point during our meal and started rolling around one of the desert carts, at which point Frankie freaked out and began to fuss the Beast, making quite a hilarious scene, but I didn't think anything of it. When it was time to order our dessert, he asked if we all wanted the gray stuff, to which we of course all said yes. When he brought it out, my girlfriends plate had "Will You?" written on it (rather magnificently) in hard chocolate, at which point I, completely surprised and confused, asked her to prom (she loved it, by the way). I was almost speechless, as were my parents, who thought it wasn't happening, when Frankie told us that someone in the kitchen had overheard of what I was wanting to do, and having had experience with baking at home or something, cheerfully took upon herself the task of writing it on the dessert play for me. It is an experience I will never forget (even though I now have to top that for an eventual marriage proposal, whether it be that girl or another), and is one that truly speaks to the character and ideals of what the Walt Disney Company stands for. That is what Disney is all about; it's the excitement and willingness of most people, no matter what position they hold in the company, to go the extra mile for their guests. The lady at concierge, the lady in the kitchen, and Frankie were not getting paid more money to do this for us, but they wanted to make the night of two random teenagers, because again, they care about who you are as a human being. They don't see their guests as customers, they see them as, well, guests.

Have you gotten to trade with the Jawas yet? Just curious. You probably saw the older ones, because trust me, you would remember seeing some of the new things. Like the Emperor electrocuting the nearby palm trees :D

I haven't heard about them getting rid of Illuminations. That'd be odd if they did. I do know they are getting rid of Ellen's Energy Adventure and are supoosed to be replacing it with a Guardians of the Galaxy thing. A lot of older folks are angry about it, but my family thinks it's a great idea and perfect for Epcot. Maybe I'm crazy, but anything space/sci fi themed makes me happy. Some people are saying it might just be a meet n' greet thing, which would be okay, but I'm hoping for a ride/attraction of some sort.

Well you actually do get paid a fairly decent amount, it just depends on your position. CMs also get benefits like free entry to the four parks (also can bring up to 3 guest in for free), discounts, and a lot of other things. They're Christmas bonus is basically a bunch of discounts off dinning, hotel rooms, and merch. And if your retire from Disney, you still get all of these benefits. So your paycheck might not be as good, but heyyy I'll take it for free entry to Disney World haha. And tell me about it! It's a dream to either have a novel published or even (this is dreaming big folks!) help write/create one of their movies. I think if all I ever really did in life was help make one Disney movie, then I'd be pretty gosh darn happy.

Disney was made thanks to Walt's dreams and Roy's smarts. The combination of the two is what makes it such a great place.

Okay, I'll admit, being a homeschooled kid who never went to a dance nor was interested in those things, I never got the whole prom thing. But what you did right there and what Disney did, sounds freaking amazing and out all of the prom proposals I've seen/read about, this one wins. I've had a lot of stories about cast members throughout the years. One example is when we were checking into the Caribbean Resort, the CM at the front desk (who I'm pretty sure was named David) was really friendly and super cool. As we finished up, he looked right at me and said "And because you're a princess, you get a princess wand!" I know it seems silly, but it totally made my day. There is one CM I will warn you about at Hollywood Studios. Her name is Katie and last time I saw her she was in the Launch Bay as I went to met Kylo for the first time. Whatever you do, do not hand over your phone. She will take very blurry selfies XD

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Have you gotten to trade with the Jawas yet? Just curious. You probably saw the older ones, because trust me, you would remember seeing some of the new things. Like the Emperor electrocuting the nearby palm trees :D

I haven't heard about them getting rid of Illuminations. That'd be odd if they did. I do know they are getting rid of Ellen's Energy Adventure and are supoosed to be replacing it with a Guardians of the Galaxy thing. A lot of older folks are angry about it, but my family thinks it's a great idea and perfect for Epcot. Maybe I'm crazy, but anything space/sci fi themed makes me happy. Some people are saying it might just be a meet n' greet thing, which would be okay, but I'm hoping for a ride/attraction of some sort.

Well you actually do get paid a fairly decent amount, it just depends on your position. CMs also get benefits like free entry to the four parks (also can bring up to 3 guest in for free), discounts, and a lot of other things. They're Christmas bonus is basically a bunch of discounts off dinning, hotel rooms, and merch. And if your retire from Disney, you still get all of these benefits. So your paycheck might not be as good, but heyyy I'll take it for free entry to Disney World haha. And tell me about it! It's a dream to either have a novel published or even (this is dreaming big folks!) help write/create one of their movies. I think if all I ever really did in life was help make one Disney movie, then I'd be pretty gosh darn happy.

Disney was made thanks to Walt's dreams and Roy's smarts. The combination of the two is what makes it such a great place.

Okay, I'll admit, being a homeschooled kid who never went to a dance nor was interested in those things, I never got the whole prom thing. But what you did right there and what Disney did, sounds freaking amazing and out all of the prom proposals I've seen/read about, this one wins. I've had a lot of stories about cast members throughout the years. One example is when we were checking into the Caribbean Resort, the CM at the front desk (who I'm pretty sure was named David) was really friendly and super cool. As we finished up, he looked right at me and said "And because you're a princess, you get a princess wand!" I know it seems silly, but it totally made my day. There is one CM I will warn you about at Hollywood Studios. Her name is Katie and last time I saw her she was in the Launch Bay as I went to met Kylo for the first time. Whatever you do, do not hand over your phone. She will take very blurry selfies XD

I agree with them adding in Guardians of the Galaxy as well. So few people went to that ride compared to everything else, and it could use a change. Since Disney can't use most of Marvel's heroes in their parks still, Guardians is a great way to go. I hope it is more than a meet and greet too, and considering that they're supposedly giving thought to tearing the whole building down to put something new in it's place, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more. I love sic-fi as well, so that works for me.

The biggest bonuses to being a CM are the benefits for sure. You barely spend any money on anything Disney, including food to an extent, so you essentially make more money because you're spending less. Plus, if you're doing the DCP, the international college program, or the cultural representative program, I believe you can live in apartments on site, which is even less you have to pay for. Sure, that part of it isn't permanent, but it's nice.

Dances were never my favorite. They were fun for sure, but weren't absolutely life changing experiences like they're sometimes made out to be. The fun came with hanging with friends before and after. It's a conversation for another thread, but I personally cannot stand homecoming and prom courts. I wanted to do something special for a person I cared about more than I wanted to actually go to prom, but tying it all together was surely nice.

And sometimes, it is the smallest things that cast members do that makes such a huge difference. We went around a couple days (mostly our Epcot day) high-fiving any and every CM we came across. To see how excited some of them got, after being mistreated by guests especially, was just the best. One night when we were waiting for wishes, there was one guy, college-age, walking around with his cart of light up goodies. When he turned his back, one of my friends grabbed one of the light up swords and poked him with it. The CM then proceeded to turn around and duel with my friend, and I swear that man had some kind of formal training in sword fighting. It was an absolutely hilarious moment, and it made our night. He was awesome.

Also, unsure if anyone knows, but they're changing the dining plan. Instead of getting a dessert with your Quick Service meal, you'll get an extra snack. It is a brilliant idea. Instead of desserts, I can load up on these gems:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I agree with them adding in Guardians of the Galaxy as well. So few people went to that ride compared to everything else, and it could use a change. Since Disney can't use most of Marvel's heroes in their parks still, Guardians is a great way to go. I hope it is more than a meet and greet too, and considering that they're supposedly giving thought to tearing the whole building down to put something new in it's place, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more. I love sic-fi as well, so that works for me.

The biggest bonuses to being a CM are the benefits for sure. You barely spend any money on anything Disney, including food to an extent, so you essentially make more money because you're spending less. Plus, if you're doing the DCP, the international college program, or the cultural representative program, I believe you can live in apartments on site, which is even less you have to pay for. Sure, that part of it isn't permanent, but it's nice.

Dances were never my favorite. They were fun for sure, but weren't absolutely life changing experiences like they're sometimes made out to be. The fun came with hanging with friends before and after. It's a conversation for another thread, but I personally cannot stand homecoming and prom courts. I wanted to do something special for a person I cared about more than I wanted to actually go to prom, but tying it all together was surely nice.

And sometimes, it is the smallest things that cast members do that makes such a huge difference. We went around a couple days (mostly our Epcot day) high-fiving any and every CM we came across. To see how excited some of them got, after being mistreated by guests especially, was just the best. One night when we were waiting for wishes, there was one guy, college-age, walking around with his cart of light up goodies. When he turned his back, one of my friends grabbed one of the light up swords and poked him with it. The CM then proceeded to turn around and duel with my friend, and I swear that man had some kind of formal training in sword fighting. It was an absolutely hilarious moment, and it made our night. He was awesome.

Also, unsure if anyone knows, but they're changing the dining plan. Instead of getting a dessert with your Quick Service meal, you'll get an extra snack. It is a brilliant idea. Instead of desserts, I can load up on these gems:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I am glad that you had fun with the guy with the light up sword.

Also, the snack looks like it's part rice crispy.

AuroraX

Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Friends of mine did a masquerade at their house. We danced to one song (I got paired with a girl friend of mine since all the guys were taken, which neither of us knew how to properly waltz, so we ended up stepping on each others toes), did a few dance offs, and then started to play apples to apples. That was the closet I ever got to doing the whole dance thing. :p

I've been meaning to make thank you cards for the CMs for a while now. I think that's really awesome you guys high fiving them! I tend to give really energetic waves, or do a stupid dance as I go by. They really get a kick out that. XD I can get a bit shy around people I don't know, but I really try my best to make the CMs day a little better. And that is awesome!!! Have you seen those CMs who act out Wishes? They're usually in Fantasyland and it's so entertaining to watch. ^.^

OH YES THE RICE CRISPY TREATS ARE THE BEST THERE! I got a BB-8 one for my 18th. It had M&Ms in it. My teeth hated me, but oh man it was worth it.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Friends of mine did a masquerade at their house. We danced to one song (I got paired with a girl friend of mine since all the guys were taken, which neither of us knew how to properly waltz, so we ended up stepping on each others toes), did a few dance offs, and then started to play apples to apples. That was the closet I ever got to doing the whole dance thing. :p

I've been meaning to make thank you cards for the CMs for a while now. I think that's really awesome you guys high fiving them! I tend to give really energetic waves, or do a stupid dance as I go by. They really get a kick out that. XD I can get a bit shy around people I don't know, but I really try my best to make the CMs day a little better. And that is awesome!!! Have you seen those CMs who act out Wishes? They're usually in Fantasyland and it's so entertaining to watch. ^.^

OH YES THE RICE CRISPY TREATS ARE THE BEST THERE! I got a BB-8 one for my 18th. It had M&Ms in it. My teeth hated me, but oh man it was worth it.

I have seen the ones who act out wishes, but maybe only once or so. We *usually* watch it from in front of the castle, right after catching the parade.

When it comes to those rice crispy treats, I don't care what it does to my body. They're so good. We still have a couple left, and occasionally I'll eat one just for breakfast or something.

Ever since my first trip to Disney when I was turning 3, these have been a favorite of mine as well:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I bet they are super expensive just like all the merchandise at Disney is from what I've heard.

I don't actually know the exact price, being as I have a prepaid dining and snack credits, but it's less than $5, which isn't horrible considering the decent size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back