• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Walt Disney World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Yeah, let's say your parents are kind of into that elderly age but can't go onto Space Mountain but you do. Well that also breaks the system in a way because you're forced to reserve for three rides and the rides are in two groups which makes things stranger too. And you're not allowed to reserve a 4th reservation until you have completed the first three. Basically, once you're also at the end of your day. There's no point of getting a 4th reservation because you're feeling held back.

The best thing about the Disney rollercoasters, there's barely any drops. If you're comfortable with Splash Mountain's last drop. You can go onto Space Mountain and Expedition Everest.

Rock n Roller Coaster in the other hand, its still awesome and its in door. Instantly right off the launch; you'll be taken into a loop but you'll see it before it happens and at least you make body feel ready for it. Everything else is like how I mentioned above.

Ill agree that I'm not a fan of the grouping of the rides. Let me reserve what I want. I do also wish you could get a fourth FastPass after you finished your first, a fifth after your second, and so on. I think that's the biggest annoyance of it. I do like the system, but I think Old Testament could use a few improvements.

I'm probably gonna try space mountain on one of these upcoming trips, honestly.

And redcrown, I don't know how you've faired on the teacups before, but it's gotten me a couple of times. My parents are in their mid to late forties and can still ride coasters fine.

redcrown

Awards
I don't mind the forward motion of roller coasters or the height climbers and droppers (in fact those are my favorite). Maybe spinning ones are going to be the ones I won't be able to handle anymore. And rocking ones make me sick now too. But I could live with just not riding those for now on. I just worry I won't be able to handle others as I get older.

Also your parents still being able to handle rollercoasters is inspiring. My mom's a wimp and my dad doesn't like droppers.

I know this isn't Disney related but the Knotts berry farm dropper is the best height ride I've ever been on. The best dropper rides are out in the fresh air.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I don't mind the forward motion of roller coasters or the height climbers and droppers (in fact those are my favorite). Maybe spinning ones are going to be the ones I won't be able to handle anymore. And rocking ones make me sick now too. But I could live with just not riding those for now on. I just worry I won't be able to handle others as I get older.

Also your parents still being able to handle rollercoasters is inspiring. My mom's a wimp and my dad doesn't like droppers.

I know this isn't Disney related but the Knotts berry farm dropper is the best height ride I've ever been on. The best dropper rides are out in the fresh air.

Dropper rides are still the ones that get me. My dad typically refrains from heights, as he doesn't care for them somewhat like me, but there's some stuff he'll still ride. He doesn't care for Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain, for example, but he loves Rockin' Roller Coaster and Space Mountain.

redcrown

Awards
Space Mountain has always scared me. It feels claustrophobic and you're in the total dark. I keep thinking my head will hit a bar above me. I know it's impossible but I can't help sensing that whenever I ride it.

I'm going by/talking about the Anaheim Disneyland here. I've never been to Florida, so I don't know how different the rides are.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've never been to Disneyland, but my best friend has a couple times. I just love the size of Disney World in Orlando, you can really spend quite some time there.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Space Mountain has always scared me. It feels claustrophobic and you're in the total dark. I keep thinking my head will hit a bar above me. I know it's impossible but I can't help sensing that whenever I ride it.

I'm going by/talking about the Anaheim Disneyland here. I've never been to Florida, so I don't know how different the rides are.

You really think that the Space Mountain in Disneyland feels claustrophobic? I have always thought the one in Orlando is worse since its not double seated. Our Space Mountain is like your Splash Mountain over there. The Splash Mountain here in Orlando is double seated and has bars too.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
You really think that the Space Mountain in Disneyland feels claustrophobic? I have always thought the one in Orlando is worse since its not double seated. Our Space Mountain is like your Splash Mountain over there. The Splash Mountain here in Orlando is double seated and has bars too.

This is true, it's strange that they're backwards, I don't think I would care for splash mountain if it was not double seated.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
This is true, it's strange that they're backwards, I don't think I would care for splash mountain if it was not double seated.

And its funny because the Splash Mountain feels much more safer but the Space Mountain here is slower....I meant the line is slower. If it had double seated I highly doubt our Space Mountain would end up with 70-120 minute wait time.

redcrown

Awards
It's not the seat width that bothers me (I actually don't mind single seaters personally), it's the height of the ride's car versus a possible railing right above in the dark that gets me. I know it's completely illogical to think my head could actually hit something but I always get the sensation nonetheless.

My dad gets this feeling when he rides the Matterhorn, so he never goes on it. XD

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's not the seat width that bothers me (I actually don't mind single seaters personally), it's the height of the ride's car versus a possible railing right above in the dark that gets me. I know it's completely illogical to think my head could actually hit something but I always get the sensation nonetheless.

My dad gets this feeling when he rides the Matterhorn, so he never goes on it. XD

Yeah, the height is also a problem lol. I have always wonder if Shaquile O'Neal was able to fit into Space Mountain.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I've never considered the height problem, that sounds quite tough. Anyone else a fan of the Star Wars ride? I few years back myself, my brother, and his friend rode it seven times in a row.

redcrown

Awards
Oh yeah I love that ride, especially the update they made on it. Hyperspeed is the best sensation. Also adding weather effects was nice.

Seven times? How many hours did they spend in line for that? Was that the only ride they rode that day? Or was it a lucky day with short lines? (that actually happens sometimes)

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Oh yeah I love that ride, especially the update they made on it. Hyperspeed is the best sensation. Also adding weather effects was nice.

Seven times? How many hours did they spend in line for that? Was that the only ride they rode that day? Or was it a lucky day with short lines? (that actually happens sometimes)

I think we had a late reservation, so people were eating lunch and so lines were a bit shorter. Parents weren't feeling well, so they gave us their fasstpasses, and when we ran out we went through the relatively short line. Longest time we waited was 15 minutes. I also really appreciated how the scenes that were played were random, so we got a different ride each time.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I wish they still kept the original journey back then when it was just Star Tours. I don't mind the new concept but if only the original was also included. And you mean Warp Speed! :)

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
The original is nice, but I'm so excited for the new one. Warp speed sounds amazing. One ride that was redone that I thought was better beforehand was Test Track. Not so great anymore in my opinion.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
The original is nice, but I'm so excited for the new one. Warp speed sounds amazing. One ride that was redone that I thought was better beforehand was Test Track. Not so great anymore in my opinion.

Yeah, Test Track before felt more realistic. This time, its more of a simulator game. Don't be surprise if one day it becomes Cars.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Returned home from my trip yesterday afternoon, and it was one of my best trips yet. We were able to slide in a reservation for Ohana on our first night and oh my was it fantastic.

My favorite restaurant, not only in Disney, but now my favorite restaurant ever, is Be Our Guest. Both the quick service and table service portions of the restaurant are absolutely outstanding.

The Mine Train was phenomenal, now one of my favorite rides. There were some subtle changes to fantasmic that were neat considering I've seen it so many times. The Star Wars fireworks in Hollywood Studios were also quite the treat. I was also able to ask my girlfriend to our senior prom while we were there, which was pretty awesome.

I'm super excited to return at the end of May.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Returned home from my trip yesterday afternoon, and it was one of my best trips yet. We were able to slide in a reservation for Ohana on our first night and oh my was it fantastic.

My favorite restaurant, not only in Disney, but now my favorite restaurant ever, is Be Our Guest. Both the quick service and table service portions of the restaurant are absolutely outstanding.

The Mine Train was phenomenal, now one of my favorite rides. There were some subtle changes to fantasmic that were neat considering I've seen it so many times. The Star Wars fireworks in Hollywood Studios were also quite the treat. I was also able to ask my girlfriend to our senior prom while we were there, which was pretty awesome.

I'm super excited to return at the end of May.

Was Mama Melrose still there? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back