• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Walt Disney World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I've heard a lot of good about Boma. Have you ever had School Bread in Norway? I haven't, but really want to try it this trip.

They have tasty soups there. When it comes to Crab Bisque and Lentil. I'm hoping they still have it. Have you ever been to Tepanyado?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I went to Disney World once when I was a senior in highschool. All of the kids involved in the music departments were allowed to go on the trip, so like all of the choir and band kids. The band kids had to perform something somewhere (I wasn't even sure at the time, I never hung out with any of them), and then those of us in choir were supposed to perform, but it got cancelled, so we essentially got to go for no reason haha.

I had a blast there though, I really did. I wasn't overly impressed with any of the food except for at this one jungle themed restaurant (it was near the A Bug's Life ride), but Epcot was really fun, as well as many of the other locations. The Rockin' Rollercoaster is still probably the best rollercoaster I've ever been on, and the elevator roller coaster with the holograms of ghosts (forget what it was called) was pretty awesome as well.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I went to Disney World once when I was a senior in highschool. All of the kids involved in the music departments were allowed to go on the trip, so like all of the choir and band kids. The band kids had to perform something somewhere (I wasn't even sure at the time, I never hung out with any of them), and then those of us in choir were supposed to perform, but it got cancelled, so we essentially got to go for no reason haha.

I had a blast there though, I really did. I wasn't overly impressed with any of the food except for at this one jungle themed restaurant (it was near the A Bug's Life ride), but Epcot was really fun, as well as many of the other locations. The Rockin' Rollercoaster is still probably the best rollercoaster I've ever been on, and the elevator roller coaster with the holograms of ghosts (forget what it was called) was pretty awesome as well.

I believe you were suppose to perform at EPCOT if anything then because there's a central Choir stage right in front of the United States pavilion. Last time I went, there was a movie director orchestrating the choir there for the Christmas.

You'll need to go to deeper within the parks to find good food lol. The park that you ended up going where they have A Bug's Life show was at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Best place to eat there is at the Rain Forest Café and inside of the park there's also a Yak and Yeti Asian food.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
The food on Disney is some of my favorite ever, but the best of the best is found at the table service restaurants. You like had the quick service/fast food stuff, some of which can be really good, but some of which can be just fine. They've also redone some menus recently for some of the fast food restaurants. One of which, a former burger place, now serves fajitas and burritos.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
The food on Disney is some of my favorite ever, but the best of the best is found at the table service restaurants. You like had the quick service/fast food stuff, some of which can be really good, but some of which can be just fine. They've also redone some menus recently for some of the fast food restaurants. One of which, a former burger place, now serves fajitas and burritos.

Picclesville...I believe that's the name of the place. I was trying it their new menu and its ok...nothing big. I prefer the Pulled Pork sandwich they had and chili with fries.

Now I end up going to the Seafood Harbor by the Haunted Mansion. They have this Macaroni and Lobster bowl that's really good.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
It is Pecos Bill, but since we're spending two days in MK on the next trip, I'll porbably try it. Macaroni and Lobster bowl sounds delicioius. I also haven't been to the Pinnochio restaurant or Casey's Corner in a while, so consdering revisitng those. We're trying to get into Be Our Guest for lunch, though. Often times, if reservations are full, going to the front desk right when the restaurant opens for lunch time can get you a table.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It is Pecos Bill, but since we're spending two days in MK on the next trip, I'll porbably try it. Macaroni and Lobster bowl sounds delicioius. I also haven't been to the Pinnochio restaurant or Casey's Corner in a while, so consdering revisitng those. We're trying to get into Be Our Guest for lunch, though. Often times, if reservations are full, going to the front desk right when the restaurant opens for lunch time can get you a table.

Casey's Corner is always packed! They recently changed their fries too. Best place to grab a quick meal and go on to the rest of the park. There's a Pinnochio restaurant? I can't recall it....

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
It's called Pinnocio's Village Haus (or something of a that nature, I might be a little off), and there are seats inside that look right over It's a Small World. On the ride you can see people eating right after it takes off.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's called Pinnocio's Village Haus (or something of a that nature, I might be a little off), and there are seats inside that look right over It's a Small World. On the ride you can see people eating right after it takes off.

You're right, you have to look up to see the dining through the glass window. I believe the last time I ate there is going to be 10 years from now.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
You're right, you have to look up to see the dining through the glass window. I believe the last time I ate there is going to be 10 years from now.

I think it's been the same amount of time for me as well, but with spending two days in the park and having a quick service dining plan, it might be worth checking out. I also really want to try the flavored popcorn that can only be found at one single stand in front of Journey into the Imagination. The choice is whether I go with Buffalo Bleu Cheese, Sour Cream and Chive, or Cheese.

AuroraX

Awards
*Kicks down the door, sets off fireworks, at least 6 back up dancers are behind me, I'm wearing a Rapunzel shirt, way too many Disney buttons, I'm holding a lightsaber and a churro, and I have glitter on my face*

I HAVE FOUND MY THREAD. THIS IS WHERE I BELONG. HELLO CHILDREN. IT IS I, THE WDW NERD.

I like all the parks but my top faves are the two Kingdoms. Favorite ride is Space Mountain, Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, Test Track, Peter Pan's Flight, Expedition Everest, The Safari, and Rockin' Roller Coaster (I have others, but those are the first that come to mind). My favorite shows are Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and Symphony in the Stars. I hate crying in public, but the Tangled scene in Celebrate the Magic makes me sob like a baby. As for places to eat, they change every here and there. We recently ate at the Coral Reef restaurant for my brother's birthday and oh my wow the food was good. As for a none Disney place to eat, I'd suggest Cooks of Dublin at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. The food there is spectacular. My favorite character meet and greets are Rapunzel, Merida, Baymax, Chewie, and Pooh & Tigger. Tigger gives the best hugs FYI and I don't like hugs haha. My favorite resorts are probably Fort Wilderness, Caribbean Resort, anddd Art of Animation. I haven't stayed at Grand or anything, so no comments on them. I also just wanna say I normally don't like any gluten free food but THEIR GLUTEN FREE COOKIES THAT ARE APART OF THEIR HEALTHY LINE OR WHATEVER ARE FREAKING GOOD. Some of the best dang cookies I ever have had. Also, if you want cupcake recommendations, feel free to ask me. I try to get a cupcake every time we go and I go at least once a month (depending).

SO YES LET'S TALK DISNEY WORLD OKAY? BECAUSE I'M WAY TOO OBSESSED WITH THE PARKS AND I NEED HELP :D

Knuxpyro56

You were in the Festival of Performing Arts, they do that every other year. I was a Junior at the time and as band members we were in the night time parades at Magic Kingdom going from Main Street, pass Liberty Square into Frontierland. The entire left side of my body gave out and they took me to this fancy medical center in the MK, it was awesome to see the behind the scenes stuff.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
*Kicks down the door, sets off fireworks, at least 6 back up dancers are behind me, I'm wearing a Rapunzel shirt, way too many Disney buttons, I'm holding a lightsaber and a churro, and I have glitter on my face*

I HAVE FOUND MY THREAD. THIS IS WHERE I BELONG. HELLO CHILDREN. IT IS I, THE WDW NERD.

I like all the parks but my top faves are the two Kingdoms. Favorite ride is Space Mountain, Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, Test Track, Peter Pan's Flight, Expedition Everest, The Safari, and Rockin' Roller Coaster (I have others, but those are the first that come to mind). My favorite shows are Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and Symphony in the Stars. I hate crying in public, but the Tangled scene in Celebrate the Magic makes me sob like a baby. As for places to eat, they change every here and there. We recently ate at the Coral Reef restaurant for my brother's birthday and oh my wow the food was good. As for a none Disney place to eat, I'd suggest Cooks of Dublin at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. The food there is spectacular. My favorite character meet and greets are Rapunzel, Merida, Baymax, Chewie, and Pooh & Tigger. Tigger gives the best hugs FYI and I don't like hugs haha. My favorite resorts are probably Fort Wilderness, Caribbean Resort, anddd Art of Animation. I haven't stayed at Grand or anything, so no comments on them. I also just wanna say I normally don't like any gluten free food but THEIR GLUTEN FREE COOKIES THAT ARE APART OF THEIR HEALTHY LINE OR WHATEVER ARE FREAKING GOOD. Some of the best dang cookies I ever have had. Also, if you want cupcake recommendations, feel free to ask me. I try to get a cupcake every time we go and I go at least once a month (depending).

SO YES LET'S TALK DISNEY WORLD OKAY? BECAUSE I'M WAY TOO OBSESSED WITH THE PARKS AND I NEED HELP :D

I'm starting to like you lol. I just came back from my senior trip, which was my second trip to Disney World this year. Space Mountain is my overall favorite ride, but I also really dig Mine Train and Test Track. We didn't do too many meet and greets this time, but we made a point to go see Kylo Ren, which was awesome. D-Luxe Burger in Disney Springs is delicious, and Sprinkles is really awesome, too. We got lucky and were able to get lunch reservations for Be Our Guest just two days prior to our visit to the park. It reaffirmed that, in my mind, it is the best restaurant in Disney. I intend to eat there on every trip I go on. The Pineapple floats are amazing and perfectly refreshing on the hot summer trips, but in my opinion the ones at the Polynesian are better than the ones in Magic Kingdom. The vanilla ice cream balances it out better than the pineapple ice cream.

You were in the Festival of Performing Arts, they do that every other year. I was a Junior at the time and as band members we were in the night time parades at Magic Kingdom going from Main Street, pass Liberty Square into Frontierland. The entire left side of my body gave out and they took me to this fancy medical center in the MK, it was awesome to see the behind the scenes stuff.

That's not a bad deal haha. My band went this year, but I did not go with them, as the trip was organized so horribly that I just went with my family instead. To be fair, they didn't even get to march in Magic Kingdom, so I didn't feel like I really missed out on much.

AuroraX

Awards
I'm starting to like you lol. I just came back from my senior trip, which was my second trip to Disney World this year. Space Mountain is my overall favorite ride, but I also really dig Mine Train and Test Track. We didn't do too many meet and greets this time, but we made a point to go see Kylo Ren, which was awesome. D-Luxe Burger in Disney Springs is delicious, and Sprinkles is really awesome, too. We got lucky and were able to get lunch reservations for Be Our Guest just two days prior to our visit to the park. It reaffirmed that, in my mind, it is the best restaurant in Disney. I intend to eat there on every trip I go on. The Pineapple floats are amazing and perfectly refreshing on the hot summer trips, but in my opinion the ones at the Polynesian are better than the ones in Magic Kingdom. The vanilla ice cream balances it out better than the pineapple ice cream.

The Mine Train is a lot of fun, the line can just get crazy long at times. I've met Kylo a few times. I for some reason end up giggling nervously each time. I haven't been to a lot of the newer places at Disney Springs, but I am DYING to go to Sprinkles. My fam and I have been on the fence about eating at Be Our Guest, but I know one day we will. That is lucky about the reservation. I really wished that Disney offered frozen yogurt versions of things because I keep missing out on all the ice cream fun DX. But eh, I can always nab a sweet treat from the bakeries. The carrot cake cookies at Hollywood Studios are the best. :3 What resorts have you stayed at?

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
The Mine Train is a lot of fun, the line can just get crazy long at times. I've met Kylo a few times. I for some reason end up giggling nervously each time. I haven't been to a lot of the newer places at Disney Springs, but I am DYING to go to Sprinkles. My fam and I have been on the fence about eating at Be Our Guest, but I know one day we will. That is lucky about the reservation. I really wished that Disney offered frozen yogurt versions of things because I keep missing out on all the ice cream fun DX. But eh, I can always nab a sweet treat from the bakeries. The carrot cake cookies at Hollywood Studios are the best. :3 What resorts have you stayed at?

Mine Train's line doe get quite ridiculous, so fast passes are always the way to go. Even during extra magic hour, the line can back up for over an hour. Sprinkles is definitely worth it. The cupcake ATM outside is faster, but browsing through the inside is fun. Although the line often looks long to get in the building, the wait isn't so bad, as they only let a few parties in at a time so not to crowd the building. Both times we went to D-Luxe, the line looked longer than it actually was as well. Be Our Guest is amazing for supper, and it is really good for lunch as well. I always go for the roast beef sandwich for lunch (for anyone who might be reading this and is interested), but my friends said the braised pork and turkey sandwich were both delicious as well. If anyone likes red meat, go for the lamb or steak for supper. I enjoyed the steak there more than the steak at Le Cellier, which as delicious as Le Cellier is, I do not feel it is worth 2 sit down dining credits. The second best restaurant in Disney, in my opinion, is actually Ohana.

I wish they offered frozen yogurt as well. The bakeries have some amazing stuff, so it's not the worst trade off. I tried the famous school bread in Norway for the first time, and it was well worth it. The flavored popcorn by Journey into the Imagination in Epcot is also delicious, as it was my first time trying that popcorn specifically as well. We had both buffalo bleu cheese and sour cream and chive flavors. Good stuff.

As for resorts, a long time ago we stayed at a couple of the All-Stars, but find Pop Century to be the vastly superior value resort. If we ever want to stay for cheaper, we always go Pop Century now. We've also stayed at Port Orleans Riverside multiple times, Caribbean Beach, and more recently Coronado Springs, which is my favorite mid-tier resort thus far. We haven't stayed at the higher tier resorts, but one day I intend to stay with my family (or eventual wife) at the Polynesian. It's my favorite resort aesthetically at Disney, and has a much more fun atmosphere than a lot (but not all) of the higher tier hotels.

AuroraX

Awards
Mine Train's line doe get quite ridiculous, so fast passes are always the way to go. Even during extra magic hour, the line can back up for over an hour. Sprinkles is definitely worth it. The cupcake ATM outside is faster, but browsing through the inside is fun. Although the line often looks long to get in the building, the wait isn't so bad, as they only let a few parties in at a time so not to crowd the building. Both times we went to D-Luxe, the line looked longer than it actually was as well. Be Our Guest is amazing for supper, and it is really good for lunch as well. I always go for the roast beef sandwich for lunch (for anyone who might be reading this and is interested), but my friends said the braised pork and turkey sandwich were both delicious as well. If anyone likes red meat, go for the lamb or steak for supper. I enjoyed the steak there more than the steak at Le Cellier, which as delicious as Le Cellier is, I do not feel it is worth 2 sit down dining credits. The second best restaurant in Disney, in my opinion, is actually Ohana.

I wish they offered frozen yogurt as well. The bakeries have some amazing stuff, so it's not the worst trade off. I tried the famous school bread in Norway for the first time, and it was well worth it. The flavored popcorn by Journey into the Imagination in Epcot is also delicious, as it was my first time trying that popcorn specifically as well. We had both buffalo bleu cheese and sour cream and chive flavors. Good stuff.

As for resorts, a long time ago we stayed at a couple of the All-Stars, but find Pop Century to be the vastly superior value resort. If we ever want to stay for cheaper, we always go Pop Century now. We've also stayed at Port Orleans Riverside multiple times, Caribbean Beach, and more recently Coronado Springs, which is my favorite mid-tier resort thus far. We haven't stayed at the higher tier resorts, but one day I intend to stay with my family (or eventual wife) at the Polynesian. It's my favorite resort aesthetically at Disney, and has a much more fun atmosphere than a lot (but not all) of the higher tier hotels.

My family and I always hit the Mine Train during the Fireworks or by park closing. We rarely ever are able to get fastpasses but that's because we sometimes make the fastpasses day of XD. I'm going to be actually going on vacation soon, so I'll probably try both options for Sprinkles. I did get to try a brownie cupcake thing at Erin's NYC Bakery (not vegan, but hey when I find a place that has kosher foods I tend to give them support) a while back and it was good, just heavy for a hot day. I've honestly just learned that pretty much the lines are always going to be long anyway and it's a blessing from the Lord when they're short haha. I got to eat at Le Cellier a long time ago and I remember it being good. The last steak I had at Disney was at The Coral Reef. I'm not a huge fish person and I also felt a little guilty eating fish with fish watching, so I ordered the kid's steak (the selling point was the free cupcake and marvel coloring menu). It was the best dang steak I ever had. Plus they actually cooked it right. Almost every time I order steak from a place, they burn the outside and leave the inside raw. It's weird.

I've been wanting to try the school bread for a while now! There's soo many snacks and treats in Epcot I want to try haha. I know next trip I'm going to trip the black forest cake from Germany. If you uh haven't noticed, I love eating at Disney World haha.

Riverside is an awesome one! I had a lot of good times there. I've always wanted to stay in the Princess and the Frog room. My mum and dad have always wanted to stay at the Polynesian. That would be cool either with your family or eventual wife. I personally always wanted to stay at the Grand or at the Wilderness Lodge. Either would make me pretty happy.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
My family and I always hit the Mine Train during the Fireworks or by park closing. We rarely ever are able to get fastpasses but that's because we sometimes make the fastpasses day of XD. I'm going to be actually going on vacation soon, so I'll probably try both options for Sprinkles. I did get to try a brownie cupcake thing at Erin's NYC Bakery (not vegan, but hey when I find a place that has kosher foods I tend to give them support) a while back and it was good, just heavy for a hot day. I've honestly just learned that pretty much the lines are always going to be long anyway and it's a blessing from the Lord when they're short haha. I got to eat at Le Cellier a long time ago and I remember it being good. The last steak I had at Disney was at The Coral Reef. I'm not a huge fish person and I also felt a little guilty eating fish with fish watching, so I ordered the kid's steak (the selling point was the free cupcake and marvel coloring menu). It was the best dang steak I ever had. Plus they actually cooked it right. Almost every time I order steak from a place, they burn the outside and leave the inside raw. It's weird.

I've been wanting to try the school bread for a while now! There's soo many snacks and treats in Epcot I want to try haha. I know next trip I'm going to trip the black forest cake from Germany. If you uh haven't noticed, I love eating at Disney World haha.

Riverside is an awesome one! I had a lot of good times there. I've always wanted to stay in the Princess and the Frog room. My mum and dad have always wanted to stay at the Polynesian. That would be cool either with your family or eventual wife. I personally always wanted to stay at the Grand or at the Wilderness Lodge. Either would make me pretty happy.

We always make fast passes in advance for that exact reason, and even then sometimes they begin to run out. To get the top tier rides at the time you want, you have to book at midnight on the date that booking your fastpasses becomes available. It's pretty nuts.

Eating is definitely part of the Disney experience. There are countless Epcot snacks which I've yet to try. The variety is incredible, and school bread is definitely one to keep on your list. A lot of people have told me that Coral Reef was really good. When in Epcot we normally save all of our meals for somewhere in the World Showcase, but I may have to make an exception one trip in the future.

I've visited and loved the Wilderness Lodge (great restaurant there too), and I quite like Animal Kingdom Lodge as well. When I went in February, we actually stayed in the Princess and the Frog room. It was pretty nice, if I say so myself. I'm curious as to what other hotels you tend to stay at.

AuroraX

Awards
We always make fast passes in advance for that exact reason, and even then sometimes they begin to run out. To get the top tier rides at the time you want, you have to book at midnight on the date that booking your fastpasses becomes available. It's pretty nuts.

Eating is definitely part of the Disney experience. There are countless Epcot snacks which I've yet to try. The variety is incredible, and school bread is definitely one to keep on your list. A lot of people have told me that Coral Reef was really good. When in Epcot we normally save all of our meals for somewhere in the World Showcase, but I may have to make an exception one trip in the future.

I've visited and loved the Wilderness Lodge (great restaurant there too), and I quite like Animal Kingdom Lodge as well. When I went in February, we actually stayed in the Princess and the Frog room. It was pretty nice, if I say so myself. I'm curious as to what other hotels you tend to stay at.

At Epcot we tend to eat at the Electric Umbrella and then kick ourselves for not eating at other places :'D. I really loved the Orange Chicken at China. We're planning on eating at the Rose and Crown on our next visit. I'm super excited to eat there!

Which one did you eat at? I'm assuming it wasn't the quick service, of course, Disney quick service is still great haha. I've visited Animal Kingdom Lodge, but never stayed there. It's another one on the list, since Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks. I actually found the Lodge lobby music on youtube and sometimes listen to it haha. I've stayed at Art of Animation a few times (I really love the Nemo room, I'm dying to stay in the Little Mermaid room), but it's mostly been Port Orleans River side, Caribbean, and Fort Wilderness Cabins. I have also stayed at Vero Beach Resort, which is off property and well, in Vero. We've stayed there a few times and even had some family work there.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Dang, why does Disney World tickets have to cost like ninety-seven dollars? It doesn't help that it's only for one person. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/

Guess, I better start saving up for October or next summer. I wish my parents could have taken me and my sister to Disney World when we were kids.

Get yourself an Annual Pass and you can go as many times as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back