• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Venturebeat: Why 'Pirates' is back and why it follows 'At World's End'

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Re: Venturebeat: Why 'Pirates' is back and why it follows 'At World's End'

Actually, probably not. In an interview posted on the official Toy Story 2 website after the release of the film, he said that he's come to actually like being drawn on and is happy with his new life. The reason he was a bad guy in the film was a combination of envy over never being sold to be played with by a child, and a desperation for some kind of fulfillment by being a part of a museum collection. Now he has what he originally wanted.

huh? i never knew about that.

ImVentus

Awards

I think I now understand why 100 Acre Wood is returning.

Sorta find it interesting though that he didn't consider The Witch Lion & The Wardrobe. Since it's a very diverse and unique live action feature, that could fit perfect with KH3.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

ImVentus; I think I know why it wasn't considered. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is like The Black Caldron; it has a double license since it was based on a book, and they'd have to get permission from not only Disney, but whoever holds the rights to the book too.

I figure even tho both The Black Caldron and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe would make great levels, Square doesn't want to bother trying to navigagte that double license problem. ^^

kingsoraful

Awards

I think I now understand why 100 Acre Wood is returning.

Sorta find it interesting though that he didn't consider The Witch Lion & The Wardrobe. Since it's a very diverse and unique live action feature, that could fit perfect with KH3.

At least we still have at least 2-3 more new worlds aside from that mini game world still left to be revealed.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I just hope KH3 doesn't make my pro really loud.

I hope to hell the game's optimized, but I have a gut feeling it won't.

Awards

I love all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, but At World's End is by far my favorite one. As such, I am super excited to experience it as a world in Kingdom Hearts III. Reading Nomura's reasoning behind skipping to the third movie makes sense too. After all, Dead Man's Chest ended with some huge (but good) cliffhangers, and since Kingdom Hearts 3 is supposedly the end of this saga, At World's End will deliver a more complete end to the Pirates of the Caribbean storyline in Kingdom Hearts.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Good choice on Nomura's end; it's worth noting that At World's End also uses rebirth as a trope, so it's likely Sora will understand a little more what it means to be a savior by coming to save Jack. First, though, someone has to break the news to Sora (both Jack and ​Barbossa).

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Pirates 3 lending itself more to the plot of Kingdom Hearts, and being more action packed, was certainly something I thought of last week during the Easy Allies discussion. It's good to see the reason why Nomura chose it was because there was more to do and it'll be more of a complete world rather than ending on a cliff hanger or merging two film plots together.

I am extremely worried about the game's performance in the Pirates world on base PS4. What we've seen looks like it could be really taxing, and the Maelstrom fight with Davy Jones is really going to be pushing everything to the limits. Considering that's all for a Disney world I am extremely cautious about further worlds and battles and how they will run.

I can't wait for the Pro edition to go up for pre-order, but of course it comes with KH3 so it won't be something we will have access to before January 29th. If I somehow get my hands on an early copy, then I really fear for my PlayStation 4. Please keep yourself together <3

Ugh, this makes me super worried. I really can't get the Pro and the Collector's Edition, and I already pre-ordered the latter. My boyfriend just got a pro but I dunno, I want my own save on my own PS4 obviously. And we don't live together or anything anyway

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Re: Venturebeat: Why &#039;Pirates&#039; is back and why it follows &#039;At World&#039;s End&#039;

Ugh, this makes me super worried. I really can't get the Pro and the Collector's Edition, and I already pre-ordered the latter. My boyfriend just got a pro but I dunno, I want my own save on my own PS4 obviously. And we don't live together or anything anyway

Add your account to his PS4 and use the cloud save function. You'll be able to access your save on both consoles.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Re: Venturebeat: Why &#039;Pirates&#039; is back and why it follows &#039;At World&#039;s End&#039;

Davy Jones Boss battle FTW!!!!

I rewatched Dead Man’s Chest and actually quite enjoyed it. It’s kinda meandering and yeah, it’s set up, but I like the characters and I like spending time with them.

But yes I hope we also get Beckett. A Kraken battle would’ve been great. If they had followed the KH2 formula, visit 1 could’ve been Dead Man’s Chest, visit 2 could’ve been AWE. Albeit supreeeemely short versions.

Megavoltage

Awards

I wonder if this will be our last romp in Port Royal. POTC is still popular but it kind of lost momentum with the fourth movie and onward, I wonder if the other films will be used in future games because of that.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

I rewatched Dead Man’s Chest and actually quite enjoyed it. It’s kinda meandering and yeah, it’s set up, but I like the characters and I like spending time with them.

But yes I hope we also get Beckett. A Kraken battle would’ve been great. If they had followed the KH2 formula, visit 1 could’ve been Dead Man’s Chest, visit 2 could’ve been AWE. Albeit supreeeemely short versions.
Depends if he would appear in the game. There is also a possibility according to people discussing this that Luxord might fill in the role for Beckett for the Caribbean world in III, so I wouldn't be surprised if he would be written out.

The Kraken will go either way because, in At World's End, Beckett ordered Davy Jones to kill the Kraken to which he reluctantly did, if Luxord takes Beckett's place in the game then the Kraken would still be alive but it might turn into a Heartless version of itself by Luxord.

I wonder if this will be our last romp in Port Royal. POTC is still popular but it kind of lost momentum with the fourth movie and onward, I wonder if the other films will be used in future games because of that.
It will depend how the world will be implemented in future games, because in the post-credit scene of At World's End it flashes forward to a decade later with Elizabeth and Will having a son named Henry Turner (who is one of the supporting protagonists of the 5th movie, Dead Men Tell No Tales) and the timelines for the 4th and 5th films take place during the 1750's two decades after the events of the 3rd movie.
[video=youtube;9Vd7tdh-vl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vd7tdh-vl8[/video]

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I dunno, Stinky Pete could also be the Toy Story antagonist for Toy Box. He could have found a way to escape from his owner because they're in the alternate dimension.

Maybe, but the aesthetic of Galaxy Toys seems very Zurg. And Zurg would be more of a threat in battle versus an old man like Stinky Pete (however conniving he might be).

On another note, I'm hoping for a giant Tia Dalma/Calypso fight. The inclusion of all of the Titans in Olympus (and hopefully a fight with the Cyclopes in Thebes) has me thinking that KHIII is not going to shy away from the big budget battles.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

The inclusion of all of the Titans in Olympus (and hopefully a fight with the Cyclopes in Thebes) has me thinking that KHIII is not going to shy away from the big budget battles.
The Rock Troll Heartless in the images and the trailers released last year looks to be replacing the Cyclopes that attacks Thebes from the film.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

The Rock Troll Heartless in the images and the trailers released last year looks to be replacing the Cyclopes that attacks Thebes from the film.

I think I saw a screenshot of it recently with an insanely small HP bar, so I kinda think its just a big, normal enemy tbh. It could just be some Heartless attack in general?

I think its a possibility, but really its up to the team if they liked the movies or think they fit well and not really about audience opinion on the last 2 films. If it is the last time, its a great way to go. I am wishing other worlds whose stories have sorta been "used up" had been saved for this jump in graphical style and world design...so its getting a better treatment than some of the more popular renaissance movies and just in two usages lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I think I saw a screenshot of it recently with an insanely small HP bar, so I kinda think its just a big, normal enemy tbh. It could just be some Heartless attack in general?

Nomura called it a mid-level boss for Olympus. Don't be put off by the small HP bar. We know that the Rock Titan has to be defeated by breaking both legs, and then smashing the head. The HP bar in images might be for the shield which needs to be destroyed before you can harm the body.

Did any attack from Sora actually damage the Rock Troll? Other enemies in the trailer were getting injured, but I can't recall if the Rock Troll was getting injured, either through the shield or regularly. Might need some special attack to actually inflict damage.

Phantom

I'm really glad we're getting a Davy Jones boss battle. Always found him a really cool villain.

A (Heartless) Kraken boss fight would be great as well.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards

I'm glad Davy Jones will still have a boss battle. Hopefully the Kraken will, too.

I get their reasoning for skipping to At World's End, but it's easily the worst PotC movie, imo.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I'm glad Davy Jones will still have a boss battle. Hopefully the Kraken will, too.

I get their reasoning for skipping to At World's End, but it's easily the worst PotC movie, imo.

But it looks very video game friendly in terms of setting and characters.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

On Stranger Tides would make for a horrible world visit. Lame villains, lame locations, lame story. Easily the worst POTC movie.

Dead Men Tell No Tales has some solid locations and villains so it would make for another solid return to the Caribbean. (Salazar, sharks, the town from the opening, the devil's triangle) Keep in mind POTC 4 & 5 take place like 20 years after At World's End so a major time skip would be in order depending on what the next KH saga actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back