• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Jak & Daxter's "darker, edgier" direction after its great first entry was, for lack of a less crude way to put it, really quite stupid. Dumb writing, ugly character designs, bland scores, Daxter being the only compelling character...how on earth this series was considered an equal to Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper was always beyond me. I love the first game and Naughty Dog's work prior to that...but Jak 2 and onward is just hogwash.

Jak 3 they toned it down a bit. Sure it was more mature because Jak was growing up, but the lightheartedness was there. Plus its open world mechanic was noteworthy.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
- there should be more male wizards and more female knights (with decent armor)

[No, I'm not obsessed with this or something but it gets on my nerves that the design of women in JRPG is often focused on making her look sexy despite the outfit being totally unfit for the task ahead while men are designed to look heroic, sturdy and cool - you don't travel the world in a MINISKIRT.]

23845977_10214904918475393_1193874907760664322_o.jpg

kaseykockroach

Awards
Jak 3 they toned it down a bit. Sure it was more mature because Jak was growing up, but the lightheartedness was there. Plus its open world mechanic was noteworthy.
Its open world mechanic was already done in the first game, and done far better. There's no exploration and very little platforming in Jak II and III, so much as tedious driving and unnecessary gunplay (I don't know why they bothered with that, seeing as how R&C was already doing it). Not to mention the ugly "voluptuous" female love interests.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Don't care for Mario or Zelda. Actually, the only Nintendo IP I truly care about is Fire Emblem but sadly it's slowly turning into Waifu Emblem now.

Pokie

Zelda Oot is not the best game ever and gets put too high on a pedestal. Oot has too much problems to be considered that good of a game. Annoying characters like Navi and The Water Temple. The Best Game ever should be close to perfection. Not understand why Oot gets treated like it is actually perfection, when it has some blotchy gameplay with The Water Temple and one of the worst characters in gaming, yet the game is held in high regard. Don't understand.

and of course.... Shadow Warrior 2 explains it best.

Fg5s03a.png

Oh wow ! This game gets all the awesome points !!!

Jak & Daxter's "darker, edgier" direction after its great first entry was, for lack of a less crude way to put it, really quite stupid. Dumb writing, ugly character designs, bland scores, Daxter being the only compelling character...how on earth this series was considered an equal to Ratchet & Clank or Sly Cooper was always beyond me. I love the first game and Naughty Dog's work prior to that...but Jak 2 and onward is just hogwash.

I sold Jak 2 to a friend for about $5 and don't miss it one bit lol.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i still think the concept of asymmetrical gameplay is still really neat and i wish the wii u had done better so we could have seen this idea explored more and used in interesting ways.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Jak 2 wasn't very good tbh. But I thought 3 was great!
Dunno why I found that one a lot better, it's still grittier than Jak & Daxter.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
While I do agree that the Driving Sections were tedious, it kinda grew on me. Having never played Ratchet & Clank (until now apparently), Jak 3 was just as memorable as the first one for me.

Oh and Jak X never happened and never will.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Zelda Oot is not the best game ever and gets put too high on a pedestal. Oot has too much problems to be considered that good of a game. Annoying characters like Navi and The Water Temple. The Best Game ever should be close to perfection. Not understand why Oot gets treated like it is actually perfection, when it has some blotchy gameplay with The Water Temple and one of the worst characters in gaming, yet the game is held in high regard. Don't understand.

Every game ever made will always have something to nitpick about, that's just the way. Tell us what your pick for best game is & I'm sure someone here will find something to hate about it. In my experience Navi's only really a pain in the 1st dungeon & I beat Water Temple without a guide the 1st time I played OoT. They weren't all that bad to deal with.

Veevee

Awards
- The world ends with you is a really cool game in nearly every aspect, but the gameplay is just horrible. While I do like how the gameplay is so nicely woven into the story, I hate just playing it. Having not only to watch two screens at once, but also put in commands for both is just an overflow of information for me and the constant attempt to watch up und down at the same time causes me a headache after a short time. Quite sad, actually.

- Final Fantasy Type-0 feels clunky in every gameplay aspect and is definitely not fun to play, even though the story sounds promising. I get that it's a PSP port, but it plays horribly even for that.

- Even though the result wasn't exactly splendid, I don't think it was a mistake to try a more active battle system for FFXV instead of the turn-based combat. I don't think it's not up to date anymore or something like that, but we had enough Final Fantasy games with that.

- The Pokemon series should reinvent itself and I don't mean "add more detail stuff". I want an interesting story and memorable characters instead of being able to cut my Pokemon's hair, take photos or play Tamagotchi with it. And, by the love of god, MAKE THE AWFUL TUTORIAL SKIPPABLE or just let me say that I know my stuff.

- While the story of Visual novels are quite appealing, the games usually play horrible. I think it's much more exhausting to read on a screen than on a paper and since it doesn't offer much more than reading, it's not the best genre out there.

- I feel that if a company releases one game for their current franchise per year, it feels like they are not really trying to be innovative.

- Despite having glaring flaws, the Yugioh side games (e.g. Destiny Board Traveler, Dungeon Dice Monsters, Capsule Monsters) are actually pretty fun and deserve a proper remake / sequel.

- A game that has a good ending in itself and is well-rounded doesn't need a prequel, sequel or midquel because those tend to ruin more than they add. I don't mind another game that uses the same basics, but I prefer if it is independent of the other games, e.g. plays a century before or after or whatever.

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd be interested if Ninja theory rebooted Ninja Gaiden.

I was super excited when i saw the debut trailer of DmC. The game didn't live to it but it was a good game.

Metal Gear Rising had a better story than DmC.

I wouldn't mind a Jak and Daxter reboot if it's good.

I wouldn't mind them doing another spinoff for tails or knuckles etc. Im really curious about a Silver spinoff.

I like the story of ff13-2 more than ff13. Noel and Serah have a great bond and they are how i wish Sora and Kairi are written.

Ff7-2 should have an older Denzel and Marlene as the leads.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaseykockroach

Awards
Confessedly not a huge fan of 2D Sonic. The Genesis classics are fun now and then, but there are much more engaging, better designed 2D platformers to be found from both that era and today.
Why encourage players to go fast if going fast just leads to crashing into an enemy or obstacle and losing all your rings? But you can't take it slow either, because there's a time limit and you lose a life if you don't finish the level in under ten minutes!

Lycoris

I have some few Pokemon related ones.

- I don't care for any female characters in the games, expect for Cynthia. Most of them don't have any personality.
- Game Freak focus on the story, not catching monsters. Don't get me wrong, I like Pokemon and all, but there are way too many Pokemon.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I love the game play style for the Project X Zone games. People say that they're dull but the cross-over character interactions makes up for that.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts II postgame sucks.
I might just be bitter tho.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
I did not cry during Assassin's Creed Black Flag ending.

SPOILERS

I get that Edward's friends died along the way, but they did not left an impact for me to give a dung about them. Although Vane's death do left a slight twinge but not enough for me to bawl over it.

The only death in the series I genuinely got depressed about was
Christina's death in Brotherhood. She died in his arms wishing they could've had another chance together.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Games like THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Ocarina of Time and FINAL FANTASY VII are seemingly "overrated" because of the time they were released in. They came out in an era where gaming slipped into three-dimensions, and each respective franchise was reaching their peak.

As to an unpopular gaming opinion of mine, I find HD Remasters to be a good idea. From an artistic point of view, especially on the Wii U, not everyone got to enjoy many of the unique games that came out on the U, so there's a chance for the consumers to enjoy, beyond a product, something that a team of people poured their creativity into. And from an obvious business point of view, it's a quick cash grab.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Objective based first person shooters have never appealed to me, which is why Overwatch will never be my thang.

Back