• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► TWEWY characters to not appear in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Extremely disappointing but expected. The hint in DDD was a troll then.

More than that, it was just a throwaway line.
Kinda like the "see you soon" they give to Disney characters when they leave their worlds.
It's a promise to see each other again eventually (and yes, a way to keep potential routes open in the future).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Extremely disappointing but expected. The hint in DDD was a troll then. Can we get 2B,9S and A2 please?

Those characters thrive on the appeal of Yoko Taro's vision of sadness and sadisticness, they do not fit into Kingdom Hearts whatsoever. Nier is part of Drakengard, and there's no way that Disney wants to be affiliated with that.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
And Cid's potty mouth swore up a storm in FFVII. Didn't stop him from being the first FF character you're introduced to in KH. People forget how risque a lot of the referenced material is. There's a Bouncer nod in KHII. Shiro Amano got away with a lady of the night flirting with Sora in the manga. YMMV. So, let's not be presumptuous.

Speaking of which, I love how tough some of these responses are. "I KNEW IT. YEAH. I KNEW THEY WEREN'T GUNNA SHOW UP." Well, yeah. Now you do. It's alright to be sad guys. Don't be scared of your emotions~

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm neither really sad nor upset about these news.
The TWEWY crew does exist in the KH universe so there is still a chance for them to eventually appear in later titles in some fashion.

You don't need to cram literally everything into KH III alone and while I get that Neku's line in DDD could be interpreted as a teaser it wasn't ever a given that it specifically points to KH III as the location for it to happen.

Who knows, maybe we'll get something in another concert snippet down the road in 2020?;P
Completely with a Joshua Rainbow dance?

---

The Drakengard series? I know and played the first two of those and they're definitely completely opposite in tone and atmosphere than the KH series so if Nier is anything like those I agree it wouldn't fit.
Drakengard is much more on the cynical side than KH is.
Especially when one counts all the backstories of the central characters and the "lore" from the different weapons which makes many of Xehanort's vile things seem tame in comparison.

Going by the cover of Nier: Automata the main "connection" with KH would be largely visual as the main characters have a very similar "style" to blindfolded Riku from Days/KH 2.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope everyone understands my 2B comment was a joke. Lol

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Speaking of which, I love how tough some of these responses are. "I KNEW IT. YEAH. I KNEW THEY WEREN'T GUNNA SHOW UP." Well, yeah. Now you do. It's alright to be sad guys. Don't be scared of your emotions~

Nah, I knew since DDD. Pretty sure somewhere in these forums you can find old comments of mine telling people it was going to be extremely unlikely at best.
It's not like I'm trying to make an achievement out of this nor I want to mock people for being sad, but... y'know, it also wasn't pretty for me way back then when people mocked ME for claiming that.
I took the sass then, some people can take a bit of sass back now.

I also don't particularly care, btw. I'm not sad because I never believed they were going to show up... I guess I'm a little relieved that they aren't trying to put literally EVERYTHING in KH III.

The Drakengard series? I know and played the first two of those and they're definitely completely opposite in tone and atmosphere than the KH series so if Nier is anything like those I agree it wouldn't fit.
Drakengard is much more on the cynical side than KH is.
Especially when one counts all the backstories of the central characters and the "lore" from the different weapons which makes many of Xehanort's vile things seem tame in comparison.

Going by the cover of Nier: Automata the main "connection" with KH would be largely visual as the main characters have a very similar "style" to blindfolded Riku from Days/KH 2.

Yeah, and while the 3rd Drakengard was more slapstick comedy, it was still way too... crass and mature for Kingdom Hearts.

Like yeah, they can tone it down, but there would be so much to do it wouldn't even be the same franchise.
Also I'm not sure I agree with letting kids playing KH III, meeting a watered down version of Drakengard characters and then looking up the original games.

I am a big boy and if I just happen to remember Ending B and D of the first Drakengard I'll sleep with my lights on.

(and yes, I know it was a joke, but it's a fun topic :p )

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Someone who knows about Square more than I do, is there a reason TWEWY never got a real sequel? Not enough demand? If so, they sure do milk the first one a lot for something that nobody is checking for.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I wasn't really expecting them anyway, and I'm honestly glad they aren't considering how much will be going on. I don't want the TWEWY crew crammed into all that.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
We are already getting a Einhander reference. I 100% expect a Xenogears reference if the Gigas aren't already thought of to be that. While we aren't getting TWEWY characters, I imagine they might still have a reference slipped in.

KH3 is going to be nuts.

latest

Having Id Weltall or a Heartless based off Weltall would be the coolest secret boss for San Fransokyo. Time to wish upon a star and have this happen.

Someone who knows about Square more than I do, is there a reason TWEWY never got a real sequel? Not enough demand? If so, they sure do milk the first one a lot for something that nobody is checking for.

Square Enix is holding fans love for the series on ransom by determining the series of the series through the sales of the Nintendo Switch HD port. It's a shame that the game has been reported to run awfully in console mode.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Timing. Then the people above Hashimoto didn’t see the value in it. Then the F2P mobile game failed. The mobile port did okay. Still wasn’t enough to really convince the company to move forward with it. The Switch version is essentially everybody’s final attempt at putting it into motion.

Awards
Yeah, this means he’s just being coy. Thank god. That FF thread is depressing with how many people are ready to see the series let go of FF even though it is clear they are trying to weave it in more.
If I'm remembering this correctly, wasn't there an interview where Nomura talked about how he didn't really feel like FF characters were necessary until after a whole lot of people kept asking him about it, thus causing him to feel that they actually are necessary?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If I'm remembering this correctly, wasn't there an interview where Nomura talked about how he didn't really feel like FF characters were necessary until after a whole lot of people kept asking him about it, thus causing him to feel that they actually are necessary?

Yes. At the time he said his first initial statement, he didn’t say they wouldn’t be in KH3, though. If they weren’t in KH3 at all, he would have just said so like in the case of TWEWY.

It now comes off as him trying to intentionally downplay it for eventual shock value.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Yes. At the time he said his first initial statement, he didn’t say they wouldn’t be in KH3, though. If they weren’t in KH3 at all, he would have just said so like in the case of TWEWY.

It now comes off as him trying to intentionally downplay it for eventual shock value.
agred we problly see ff in jump festa since all the trailers now been disney

mytomxxx

Now this is a good type of news, I would to like to see the TWEWY chars tho.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I sure hope my best boy, Zack Fair, shows up. He and Sora deserve to meet each other. The two puppies.

TheZX

Awards
I was happy to see them in DDD but they did feel shoe-horned in and their presence was not well explained, or at all. And their relationships with Sora and Riku were super shallow (a classic example of "oh! I just met you I guess i'll help you can call you my best friend" that DDD was plagued with).

So while I'm kinda sad that the TWEWY plot-line has been dropped, hopefully they can come back in another game where the creators can devote more space to really making it work.

Actually Joshua explained that they lost their world and how traverse is a world that appears when people need one. Also I don't think it was too shallow. Sora was being Sora by being naive and friendly as usual but Xehanort was the one who told Neku to bring him Sora. It was kinda the enemy of my enemy thing.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Well rats, Shibuya would have made an interesting world. Or at least a part of it in San Fran. Would liked to have seen Mr.H fight Xehanort to a stand still.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Neku: See you in Shibuya
Sora: Sure its a deal... "leaves Traverse Town" LOL he fell for it!

Neku: "Sora we've been waiting for you forever where are you"
Sora: "Terribly sorry Neku! See, I made a deal with a hooded stranger to accompany me to Shibuya by handing him an innocent passerby, and he turned out to be untrustworthy! Go figure!"
Neku: "...are you... holding a grudge?"
Sora: "Naaaahhh, what makes you think that? I'm being as honest with you as you were able to strike down that Nightmare! Remember Neku? The Nightmare you *totally* defeated all on your own? The big pellican thing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back