• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

{%}|<~The Xion Hate Club~>|{%}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

hatebanner.jpg

Anyway, I decided to make a Hate Club for 358/2 Days' Plot-Device, I mean, Xion.
Join if you hate/dislike her and comment on your hate/dislike together!

I'll make this a fancier post when I have time.

[size=+6]MEMBERS[/size]
Watson | goldpanner | Amata | Aqua. | Azrael
luna1017 | Vexen o3o | Monkey | Kibamaru18 | luap911
Asir | leonidus| silentmusic16 | Lord_Marluxia | Staleforce2
loke13 | pumpkinhead | | |

[size=+6]IMAGES[/size]
[size=+3]-COMICS-[/size]

[size=+3]-MISC-[/size]

[size=+3]-SUPPORT-[/size]
yddtf65

Spread Xion Hate by using the Official Club Banner in your sig!
To put in your sig, copy the code below into your sig, and remove the *s!
[*url=http://bit.ly/8AbfCX][*img]http://tinyurl.com/yddtf65[/img][/url]​

Last edited:

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'm joining now.

Make way for Watson, fellas.

Useless plot device, amirite?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd like to join please, Audo~

Just wanna make it clear that what I'm hating on is bad writing, guys.

I probably have enough material from debates with Smile to piece together to have a few essays when I have the time... so for now!

QUOTES BY CLEVER PEOPLE

risachantag on dA said:
There's been much remark about how strange the name of this game is, though to be fair, if I'd been given the task of naming this game I probably would have called it something like "Xion and the Thirteen Nobodies". Or possibly "Roxas Xion: The Game". If you're still under the impression that this game is about Roxas, or indeed, about Organization XIII, then unfortunately you're dead wrong. Just about every element of plot revolves around Xarmy, sorry, Xion; even the Roxas and Riku related back story we saw in KH2 and KH2 final mix has been recontextualized to be all about Xion.

...which wouldn't be quite so frustrating if you were given any reason to care for the character. My Mary Sue radar was blaring at the first mention of a 14th Organization member who's a girl, but even I hadn't anticipated just how much of a textbook Mary Sue the character is.

Her personality, or lack there of, is very much like a watered down version of Kairi, just with more angst. She becomes best friends forever with Roxas and Axel pretty early in the game and then goes on to act out a variety of well known Mary Sue drama devices.

The accused is charged with the following:

3 counts of fainting into the arms of Roxas/Axel
3 counts of being unconscious for extended periods of time solely to have Roxas worry over her
1 extended count of being unable to fight and requiring Roxas to do all her fighting for her, until fixed by the ~magical power of friendship~
3 counts of defeating massive bosses/other organisation members in one hit
At least 3 counts of causing conflict between Roxas and Axel
3 counts of running away/going missing and needing to be dragged back by Roxas/Axel
Many Many Many counts of angsting in her room and not talking to anyone for extended periods
1 count of a dramatic, tragic and unnecessarily sparkly death scene in Roxas's arms.

[...]It really feels as if the whole game was written by an angsty fourteen year old fangirl who believes that if only she could be transported to another world and given magical powers and plot importance, then her favorite characters would love her.

kokanshu of LJ said:
I mean yeah, Xion pisses me off [...] because she's one of the rare few main female characters we have in this franchise and she's one of the most contrived and badly written plot devices I've ever seen. And then she turns out to really be a dude anyway. And yet fandom is divided into 'hate Xion because she cockblocks Axel/Roxas' or 'love Xion because she's female', and I'm stuck somewhere in the middle, insulted by Xion because I'm female.

rallamajoop on LJ said:
You see, one thing that did strike us during the very first rounds of Xion-bitching is that complaining about her Sue-ish tendencies was maybe a bit disingenuous considering that I've been affectionately referring to Sora as the Intergalactic Mary Sue From Hell for ages. I mean, think about it – the guy spends most of his time flying from one barely-reinvented Disney world to the next, making friends and helping save the day. That's pretty much textbook Sue activity, and yet I like Sora. A lot. So what makes the difference?

It's a lot of factors, but the main one (for us at least) is that Sora manages to be endearing despite his Sue-ish tendencies, rather than being defined by them alone. It's not hard to see what Squeenix and Disney were trying to do with the KH series – Sora is very much born from the childhood fantasy we all had at some point of getting to travel to the worlds of all those Disney movies (or whatever else our favourite story might have been as a kid) and make friends with our favourite characters. But for me personally, and an impressively large number of other KH fans who've variously outgrown Disney or otherwise become disillusioned the company over the years, this is not a selling point. In fact, quite a bit of disgust at the idea of playing 'a Disney game' kept us from getting into the series at all for years. Sora does also get to cosy up to a lot of Final Fantasy characters, which is a whole lot more up our fanservice alley, but what played the biggest part in getting us to finally give the game a chance was the realisation that the KH series had some likeable new characters, and a really good story. Not to mention gorgeous graphics and enjoyable gameplay, but characters and plot will always be my one big weakness.

[...]He's in many ways the stereotype of the dumb, well-intentioned hero – chosen by destiny for the usually arbitrary 'strength of the heart'-type characteristics. But his stupidity rarely hits the point of being offensive – by KHII, he's being allowed to give good advice and make good calls (see, for example, his efforts to get Hercules out of his emo-phase, or his justified reluctance not to trust the parrot). Sora's been dealt a rough hand – torn from his home, separated from his friends, dumped with the weight of the universe on his shoulders – and just when he thought it was over and he could go home, sent straight back into the fray for another round. And yet he never complains about the unfairness of his lot, and rarely takes more than a few glum moments here or there to angst about it. No matter how many worlds he visits or how many friends he makes, he never loses his sense of wonder, never makes you doubt he genuinely cares about each of them, but never long loses sight of his own goal of finding those two really important friends he grew up with again. Sora, in short, is a good person, but without becoming so perfect he becomes unbelievable. A few Sue-ish traits can't even make a dent in that.

Xion, alas, is not nearly so inoffensive.

Whereas Sora may have been born from childish fantasies of meeting fictional characters and having fun, Xion is the kind of Sue people start writing when the crushing angst of puberty is upon them. She exists not to meet wonderful people, help them out and have fun, but to be told by all the good guys what a wonderful special little snowflake she is, and victimised by everyone else to make the us feel sorry for her. The story is no longer about how wonderful all the worlds she's experiences are, it's about how wonderful she is. This is narcissism of a far less innocent kind. To add insult to injury, unlike Sora, innocently Sue-ing himself into a bunch of old AU Disney movies, Xion is Sue-ing herself into a series I genuinely enjoy – and that usually has far better writing than that.
You see, one thing that did strike us during the very first rounds of Xion-bitching is that complaining about her Sue-ish tendencies was maybe a bit disingenuous considering that I've been affectionately referring to Sora as the Intergalactic Mary Sue From Hell for ages. I mean, think about it – the guy spends most of his time flying from one barely-reinvented Disney world to the next, making friends and helping save the day. That's pretty much textbook Sue activity, and yet I like Sora. A lot. So what makes the difference?

It's a lot of factors, but the main one (for us at least) is that Sora manages to be endearing despite his Sue-ish tendencies, rather than being defined by them alone. It's not hard to see what Squeenix and Disney were trying to do with the KH series – Sora is very much born from the childhood fantasy we all had at some point of getting to travel to the worlds of all those Disney movies (or whatever else our favourite story might have been as a kid) and make friends with our favourite characters. But for me personally, and an impressively large number of other KH fans who've variously outgrown Disney or otherwise become disillusioned the company over the years, this is not a selling point. In fact, quite a bit of disgust at the idea of playing 'a Disney game' kept us from getting into the series at all for years. Sora does also get to cosy up to a lot of Final Fantasy characters, which is a whole lot more up our fanservice alley, but what played the biggest part in getting us to finally give the game a chance was the realisation that the KH series had some likeable new characters, and a really good story. Not to mention gorgeous graphics and enjoyable gameplay, but characters and plot will always be my one big weakness.

This is not so much true of KH1, which is best described as a bit of brainless fun, but by Chain of Memories the story was genuinely involving me, and KHII blew me away – the leap in storytelling between the two main games is so big it verges on emotional discontinuity. And while I didn't have much opinion on Sora in KH1, by KHII I loved him to bits. He's in many ways the stereotype of the dumb, well-intentioned hero – chosen by destiny for the usually arbitrary 'strength of the heart'-type characteristics. But his stupidity rarely hits the point of being offensive – by KHII, he's being allowed to give good advice and make good calls (see, for example, his efforts to get Hercules out of his emo-phase, or his justified reluctance not to trust the parrot). Sora's been dealt a rough hand – torn from his home, separated from his friends, dumped with the weight of the universe on his shoulders – and just when he thought it was over and he could go home, sent straight back into the fray for another round. And yet he never complains about the unfairness of his lot, and rarely takes more than a few glum moments here or there to angst about it. No matter how many worlds he visits or how many friends he makes, he never loses his sense of wonder, never makes you doubt he genuinely cares about each of them, but never long loses sight of his own goal of finding those two really important friends he grew up with again. Sora, in short, is a good person, but without becoming so perfect he becomes unbelievable. A few Sue-ish traits can't even make a dent in that.

Xion, alas, is not nearly so inoffensive.

Whereas Sora may have been born from childish fantasies of meeting fictional characters and having fun, Xion is the kind of Sue people start writing when the crushing angst of puberty is upon them. She exists not to meet wonderful people, help them out and have fun, but to be told by all the good guys what a wonderful special little snowflake she is, and victimised by everyone else to make the us feel sorry for her. The story is no longer about how wonderful all the worlds she's experiences are, it's about how wonderful she is. This is narcissism of a far less innocent kind. To add insult to injury, unlike Sora, innocently Sue-ing himself into a bunch of old AU Disney movies, Xion is Sue-ing herself into a series I genuinely enjoy – and that usually has far better writing than that.

IMAGES

Xion: Most Boring Effortless Cosplay (you can almost just go as yourself, in an org outfit~)
Xion__by_Byebye908.jpg

Xion: was already a sue. This was some person's OC, a 15th member of the org called Xion, created before the real Xion came out. Poor guy copped a lot, it seems.

xions.jpg

artist of this pic said:
Ok there Kingdom Hearts People. here I drew. My character Xion from Kingdom hearts is #15, and here is the other original Xion from the actual game is #14. They are not the same in any way.*close number but eh. *

Her one redeeming quality:
b9d6b04845b7edefaeeac487d3ace123.jpg

The fubar is kinda awesome.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
LOL.

Honestly,this should've been opened by someone who actually will do the time.

Not joining, btw. Just saying.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
I would love to join.

I hate Xion a lot.

I like Kairi more than Xion. But I don't like hate hate kairi compared to everyone else who has to bring it up/compare to every little thing.

TEAM GOLDPLANNER. :D[im rooting for you when ur against smile debates :D]

Audo, does this mean you don't like Xion?

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
BTW, TN;

I thought that you hated/disliked Xion, too?

So why don't you want to join? o__0

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think TN thinks she's not worth hating. And, Audo didn't join, did he? I think he's just being lovely and open minded by giving us a place to rant.

A

Audo

And, Audo didn't join, did he? I think he's just being lovely and open minded by giving us a place to rant.
It would be this, yes.
I can't feel right truly picking a side right now anyway, what with the fact that I have still yet to actually finish the game... (*is painfully slow*)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would be this, yes.
I can't feel right truly picking a side right now anyway, what with the fact that I have still yet to actually finish the game... (*is painfully slow*)

I haven't finished the English version yet XD There's a damn good reason you're slow, though. *molests document Olivia emailed me~*

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Oh thanks I get it now!

I hate how everyone only loves her because she's "better than Kairi". Like seriously, is that the only reason people like her? =___=

She's useless to the plot.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I think TN thinks she's not worth hating.

Pretty much. Not worth hating, not worth liking. Before, I probably would have joined this club in, hell, I don't even have to think about it. But, I swear, post game, I have no attachment to the character in any way possible. Don't know if that makes me eligible, especially since I tend to agree with the "dislikers", I guess, because those are the reasons why I didn't get attached to Xion in the first place. It expands to the character not having an impact to me either. Quite bland, and boring. In the beginning, anyway. Then it got interesting in a bad way with the wangst. I don't know which one is worse. Thus, I have nothing to like her for.

And Audo, by what I mean on someone doing the time, I meant someone who truly disliked her. After all, the thread opener is what, inevitably, sets the mood of the club altogether. For example, if you have someone who likes Xion, and makes a Hate club for her, and doesn't show any enthusiasm, people will be like, "erm...:/" sometimes (or for those who don't know better).

If you have big letters saying "HATE XION HERE!", and give/decorate the thread the negative attention people gravitate to, it will encourage them to be "Fuck yeah!". To those who hate her, naturally. At least, that's what I got from my experiences so far. I've found that kind of marketing successful xD.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, I was wondering if you knew about that or not. >:3

Ah! I thought she asked you if it was okay for me to use! Sorry!

*TwilightNight* said:
And Audo, by what I mean on someone doing the time, I meant someone who truly disliked her. After all, the thread opener is what, inevitably, sets the mood of the club altogether.

Don't worry, I can be a notorious backseat driver. >:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back