• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Twelve Shots of S/S Contest [Deadline: October 1st]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Another question:
The Retelling doesn't HAVE to be a HISHE, right?
Like, if I want to rewrite a scene in the middle of a story, but leave the ending open, is that okay as well?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Another question:
The Retelling doesn't HAVE to be a HISHE, right?
Like, if I want to rewrite a scene in the middle of a story, but leave the ending open, is that okay as well?

Yes, that's completely okay!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Nope, there's no word count, LightUpTheSky! I can't wait to read your twelve thousand long story! :) And thanks! Hopefully some of that luck rubs off on me to post up a few challenges of my own.

Glad to hear that! Especially because--now that I think about it--my own version of Phantom of the Opera for the "retelling" prompt is probably going to be novel length by the time I'm done with it. So you'll probably be reading a ton of words from me, unfortunately. I'm so sorry!

Oh, why do I do these things to myself?

Maybe I should just go with the other Phantom story I'm doing, with SoRiKai in the roles of Raoul, the Phantom, and Christine? That's bound to be shorter, I think.

Yeah, let's go with that.

...I seem to be writing a lot of PotO inspired stuff lately, I see now. But with how much I've been a part of that fandom lately, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's been keeping me entertained while I wait for KH news, so I guess I very much appreciate it for that:3

Besides, at least one person in the world has to actually like, and stand up for, Raoul de Chagny and the Raoulstine pairing. I mean, c'mon. LOL.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Anyway, best of luck to everyone involved! May your muses cooperate and your stories come out exactly the way you envision them to:D

I don't think I've ever completed something where it turned out exactly as I envisioned. It's quite fascinating how much just a simple short story changes from the time of inception to the time upon completion, at least in my case. Heck, even the first piece I wrote for this challenge, the 20 minute one, finished differently than what I first had in mind when I started.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to reading more from everyone once they start really delving into the competition. Sounds like you all have some brilliant stuff planned.

Speaking of which, I have all of my challenges planned out and ready to be written. I think it equals out to 9 pieces, as three of the works I have planned contain two different prompts. I had a tough time deciding which ones to go with, as there were several left over that I'd love to try. Once I complete the challenge, I'll probably tackle the leftover ones as well.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Hey, KitKat, I was wondering... Could I maybe use a chapter of the Madoka story that you read part of for this contest?

The story itself isn't new, as you know, but this chapter is as I didn't write it until after the prompts were given.

I'm just thinking that it would fit really well into the psychological theme for this year (as it's very much centered in Homura's somewhat messed up head), but if you think it doesn't qualify it's totally fine! Just let me know^^

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
@LightUpTheSky: You have my blessing to use it. ;3 The same goes to anybody else who wants to do that, since I know that'd seem like favoritism otherwise.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
@LightUpTheSky: You have my blessing to use it. ;3 The same goes to anybody else who wants to do that, since I know that'd seem like favoritism otherwise.

Ahh, thank you so much, KitKat! You're too kind! And I'll have to make double sure that the chapter's in tip-top shape when I show it to you, then, to thank you for this opportunity^^

And thank you for allowing everyone else to do the same! I'm sure some other users here might very much appreciate being able to use a pre-established story for this, too.

Hoid

Awards
So a few questions. Sorry if these were already addressed. Is it to late to start this? I see that this thread was started a while ago, so I'm not sure. And what time are these entries due? Can I use original characters that I've come up with, or must I use pre-existing/ real life characters? Is there a length requirement? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
So a few questions. Sorry if these were already addressed. Is it to late to start this? I see that this thread was started a while ago, so I'm not sure. And what time are these entries due?
Nope, it's not too late! The contest doesn't end until September (which is also when they are technically "due"). You post your entries anytime between now and the end of the contest.

Can I use original characters that I've come up with, or must I use pre-existing/ real life characters? Thanks in advance!
It can be completely original, it doesn't have to be fan-fiction.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Pretty much what Audo said. xD

And nope, there's no length requirement or word count!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I've gotta pump out that first challenge soon, lest I be deemed a scrub.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11402700/5/If-I-Just-Ignored-This

If I Just Ignored This - Chapter 5 - AnHeiressofaSOLDIER - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika | Puella Magi Madoka Magica [Archive of Our Own]

Just finished editing my first entry for this contest: the psychological prompt^^

"If I Just Ignored This", chapter five, from Homura Akemi's PoV (and also a bit of Mami Tomoe's PoV). I hope you all enjoy! And I thank you again for this opportunity, KitKat:)

...We are just supposed to put links here, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yeah, putting the links in here will do. ;3 Please make sure the links work, Kay? I can't do it at this moment due to cooking supper, but I can't wait to read it, LightUpTheSky. And your welcome.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
@Master Spockanort: Thank you for fixing the links! And I'm sure you can do it! Even if it's incomplete, I'll accept it and be happy to read it. Any story is worth reading in my eyes. :)

---

If I Just Ignored This

I don't even know where to begin because this was fantastic. To start off, I can't wait to dive in and read the previous chapters of this story you've been writing thus far. <3 And wow, so much has happened. I suspected the purple snow had to do with Homura's soul gem. What astonishes me more is Mami holding back to redeem Homura for her actions. Including being the new goddess. (If I understand that right.) I'm impressed she can manipulate what universes Homura can be on. I actually pity Mami a little because, she's endured and lost so much. Furthermore, she's changed quite a lot with her task. A lot more strict in nature, except for the moments when she shows compassion, mercy or empathy towards Homura sometimes. Heck, Madoka has changed drastically as well. I kind of feel a bit bad for Homura, when it comes to Madoka and the things she done to Madoka. (I kind of miss the old her. xD) Otherwise, I'm glad Homura has become less obsessed with Madoka. Shame she wants to die, but I understand where she's coming from. Every detail and thought you put into this was outstanding. And again, I'm really happy Homura isn't hitting it off with Kyoko. You have my mind spinning with everything that went on in this story. <3 You definitely got yourself a new fan. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back