• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Twelve Shots of S/S Contest [Deadline: October 1st]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Out of curiosity (sorry if someone already asked this):
How will the voting for the awards work? Like...will the stories be listed and people will vote which fit the criteria best or...?

I think voting will mainly be for fun, because if a lot of you are fullfilling the quota of getting all of the challenges aka stories done, or fulfilling the requirements of doing a certain amount of challenges for a award, then voting won't really be necessary.

Edit: After looking it over, I realize there isn't really a reason for voting this time around. Therefore, don't worry about that part. If you guys want there to be voting, it can still happen. Essentially, you guys would probably pick out a story you've done to see who likes which story best. :3

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Well I know I wouldn't win....

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
And of course on my first real day off in a while, I have a headache and can't write. I have the majority of my second challenge done, but it's still only like, halfway finished. Plus I have other stuff I wanna do. At least I beat Uncharted yesterday so I don't have that looming over me.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Well I know I wouldn't win....

You should have more confidence in yourself! You could win for having a really good short story. I really liked the love poem you did! :)

And of course on my first real day off in a while, I have a headache and can't write. I have the majority of my second challenge done, but it's still only like, halfway finished. Plus I have other stuff I wanna do. At least I beat Uncharted yesterday so I don't have that looming over me.

Remember, this isn't meant to be pressuring. Do what you want on your first real day off. :3 So do what makes you happy! The contest will be going four months strong, therefore there's plenty of time to write up a story within that time frame. Believe me, I have my own things going on and can't sit still long enough to write a story at the moment. So don't fret about it. Otherwise, that's awesome to hear your second challenge is halfway finished.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Started writing some today. It's non fiction stuff and right now it's short but oh well.

As for voting we could just have voting on our threads towards the end and have people vote for their favorites in the thread specifically?? Voting for pieces like author against author gets strange and hard to do. But it's easier to say like, my favorite Harry Potter book, favorite book by John Green etc.

AuroraX

Awards
Well I went ahead and just posted something without going crazy with editing or making sure it was perfect, so it might not be my best work, but it's something.

I'm kind of new here, but I'm cool with or without voting. I think either way would be fine.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Started writing some today. It's non fiction stuff and right now it's short but oh well.

As for voting we could just have voting on our threads towards the end and have people vote for their favorites in the thread specifically?? Voting for pieces like author against author gets strange and hard to do. But it's easier to say like, my favorite Harry Potter book, favorite book by John Green etc.

That's good to hear. Will you be posting it here on the forum? I'm curious what your non-fiction stuff would be about.

Actually, that's a fantastic idea! So I'm 100% behind that idea, Annoyance. So feel free to do that! :D

Well I went ahead and just posted something without going crazy with editing or making sure it was perfect, so it might not be my best work, but it's something.

I'm kind of new here, but I'm cool with or without voting. I think either way would be fine.

You underestimate yourself! What you posted a few minutes ago was brilliant and I mean every word of it! I enjoyed reading it a lot.

In that case, welcome to the writing community! I'm happy to have you with us and partaking in writing stories here on the forum! I'll read anything and everything you write, because that's what I like to do. If you ever have any questions, feel free to let me know. And a lot of the other writers on here, will also help you out. Should I be unavailable and the like. ;3 Feel free to say hi in the Writer's Guild too!

And thanks for letting me know, what you think should be done about the voting too. :)

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Right now love at different points in my life. Only wrote two pieces so far.

I'm glad you like the idea. I'm gonna put the poll up at the end of August hopefully. I'm gonna make a thread once I finish typing stuff up.

AuroraX

Awards
You underestimate yourself! What you posted a few minutes ago was brilliant and I mean every word of it! I enjoyed reading it a lot.

In that case, welcome to the writing community! I'm happy to have you with us and partaking in writing stories here on the forum! I'll read anything and everything you write, because that's what I like to do. If you ever have any questions, feel free to let me know. And a lot of the other writers on here, will also help you out. Should I be unavailable and the like. ;3 Feel free to say hi in the Writer's Guild too!

And thanks for letting me know, what you think should be done about the voting too. :)

Thank you so much for the feedback! It means a lot. ^.^ I keep meaning to stop on in there, so I'll go ahead and do it haha.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Here you go, Max. Finished up that challenge you gave me. I think I fell a bit flat near the end--which should have been the strongest point of the whole story--but that's what I get for doing it while my body ached for rest and I didn't bother to edit it...like, at all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not planning on heavily editing (or at all) any of mine much. I may go back later and add the revision to my writing thread but otherwise...

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'm not planning on heavily editing (or at all) any of mine much. I may go back later and add the revision to my writing thread but otherwise...

Same here. I just got my new computer today, and have some graduation events to tie up over the weekend. I'll probably start writing my pieces next week.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I still haven't been able to bring myself to start anything :/

Though I do have ideas for many prompts, I just can't seem to get that kick. I worry I am doomed to repeat the last few contests.

EDIT: I HAVE DECIDED my 3kth post will be a new story and i will not post until then. INCENTIVE.

(lol goodbye forever)

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I still haven't been able to bring myself to start anything :/

Though I do have ideas for many prompts, I just can't seem to get that kick. I worry I am doomed to repeat the last few contests.

EDIT: I HAVE DECIDED my 3kth post will be a new story and i will not post until then. INCENTIVE.

(lol goodbye forever)

506274_doctor-who-david-tennant-david-tennant-wave-doctor-who-bye-doctor-who-goodbye.gif

I haven't written a story that wasn't part of some school assignment for years now. Let's see who kicks their writer's block first.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I have a question -- are we allowed to combine challenges? (For example doing "Hospital" and "20 Minutes or less" together) and if we do, do they count as completing both, or only one?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I have about four of the challenges started. Let's hope I can finish them this time. =D

That's awesome, Spockanort! I wish you the best in completing them! And I can't wait to read them too. <3

I have a question -- are we allowed to combine challenges? (For example doing "Hospital" and "20 Minutes or less" together) and if we do, do they count as completing both, or only one?

Yes, you're allowed to combine challenges. It can be counted as completing both. :)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So I've been hard at work on some pieces for this contest. I think I'm actually going to be crazy and try to write something for all of the prompts here, so wish me luck on that!

And if you see me fall off the face of the Earth, that's probably why. LOL.

Like, right now I'm trying to finish this one one-shot I wrote that's twelve-thousand-something words long. It's very time consuming, as I'm sure you all know.

Which, speaking of that, I guess means it's as good a time as any to ask if there's a word count limit in this contest at all Because if so, that ship may have already sailed where some of my works are involved. Haha.

I cannot write "short stories" to save my life anymore, it would seem.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone involved! May your muses cooperate and your stories come out exactly the way you envision them to:D

Edit: I love your new avatar btw, Audo. Chirithy looks positively adorable like that!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Nope, there's no word count, LightUpTheSky! I can't wait to read your twelve thousand long story! :) And thanks! Hopefully some of that luck rubs off on me to post up a few challenges of my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back