• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Twelve Shots of S/S Contest [Deadline: October 1st]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
LET THE GAMES BEGIN! I want to begin posting, but there's a problem. Is there another place I go to? Cause when I try to, it leads me straight here again. NEED ASSISTANCE! Please!

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
LET THE GAMES BEGIN! I want to begin posting, but there's a problem. Is there another place I go to? Cause when I try to, it leads me straight here again. NEED ASSISTANCE! Please!
You can either post your stories here, or make your own thread in the Creative Writing section for all of your posts.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem?

AuroraX

Awards
Hmmm, I kind of like the thoughts of doing this, but I'm not going to lie, I'm really nervous/scared about sharing my writing on the internet. Is there a word count I have to reach or a certain length it must be? Because if it can be short stories or poetry, I might be more considering to join in on the fun. ^.^
Also I have a question that is sort of off topic, but you all seem to know what you're doing here so:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuuya

Awards
The only reason I asked is because I didn't see anyone posting their writings here. I was confused. ^_^'

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Hmmm, I kind of like the thoughts of doing this, but I'm not going to lie, I'm really nervous/scared about sharing my writing on the internet. Is there a word count I have to reach or a certain length it must be? Because if it can be short stories or poetry, I might be more considering to join in on the fun. ^.^
Also I have a question that is sort of off topic, but you all seem to know what you're doing here so:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Aw, don't be afraid! Nope, there isn't a word count or a certain length the prompts aka challenges have to be. And yes, it can be short stories or poetry! :D

There is a NaNoWriMo thread already. It's linked in the opening post of the Writer's Guild, except I believe that one is from last year. xD Yes, you can start a new one if you like! The funny thing about that: is a few of us are NaNoers in here. The Writer's Guild has more of us in it.

Howler said:
The only reason I asked is because I didn't see anyone posting their writings here. I was confused. ^_^'

It's alright, don't be afraid! Everyone in here is really friendly and we don't mind helping you out. :3 But yeah, you can post your challenges in here or in a thread that you make. I think everyone is shooting to do a lot of the challenges, and that's why, they've been making threads rather than putting them in here. So do whichever one makes you comfortable, Howler. ;3

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'd love to participate but I'm not sure if I will be able to pull something off. I thought about all of this and none of the ideas I had seem(ed?) interesting. sigh

This was basically me while writing and thinking;

tumblr_inline_np6fi5Ncm41rkcu7c_500.gif

kj7FZWi.gif

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Well the deadline is four months away. Perhaps just give it time, keep this stuff in the back of your mind and maybe an idea you are excited about will form in the meantime?

Chuuya

Awards
^ Pfft...Same with me! Lol. xD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd agree that it's best not to force it.
I do tend to get ideas for stories while just writing something else or even reading, so maybe you should try that :)

AuroraX

Awards
Aw, don't be afraid! Nope, there isn't a word count or a certain length the prompts aka challenges have to be. And yes, it can be short stories or poetry! :D

There is a NaNoWriMo thread already. It's linked in the opening post of the Writer's Guild, except I believe that one is from last year. xD Yes, you can start a new one if you like! The funny thing about that: is a few of us are NaNoers in here. The Writer's Guild has more of us in it.

Well I'll check out the Writer's Guild and I'll really think about doing the writing contest. :) It's been forever since I've written poetry, so I might take the chance to do just that. :D Thanks for all your help!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Dunno if I'm gonna do all of them. Stuff like Crossover isn't really my thing usually...xD

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm starting to make notes. I filtered through and tweaked some to use for my club next semester, too. I'm hoping to put some stuff out soon and actually not put it off. Is it also okay to possibly use one prompt to make two separate pieces? Like the 4th of July one I'm kinda turning into a summer theme as well since I don't really give a shit about 4th of July specifically, but fireworks and the smells of summer and all that jazz are appealing to write about for multiple reasons. Just wondering if it'd count for that 12 count which I'd like to shoot for if I can.

Wish me luck.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm starting to make notes. I filtered through and tweaked some to use for my club next semester, too. I'm hoping to put some stuff out soon and actually not put it off. Is it also okay to possibly use one prompt to make two separate pieces? Like the 4th of July one I'm kinda turning into a summer theme as well since I don't really give a shit about 4th of July specifically, but fireworks and the smells of summer and all that jazz are appealing to write about for multiple reasons. Just wondering if it'd count for that 12 count which I'd like to shoot for if I can.

Wish me luck.

Annoyance, you have my blessing to do whatever you like for the prompts. :) I also feel the same about the 4th of July prompt, because I envisioned a festival or a barbecue with s'mores to eat.

Good luck!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wanted to write. Had to spend an hour on the phone with customer support for my sister. No longer feel like writing. diddly.
God about the same happened to me too. I was going through the prompts and like getting ideas and then I got slammed with the feeling of dread and not being actually productive.

Then I realized I haven't eaten today and it was actually my body being mad at me. :v

Hope you get to write something soon.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
God about the same happened to me too. I was going through the prompts and like getting ideas and then I got slammed with the feeling of dread and not being actually productive.

Then I realized I haven't eaten today and it was actually my body being mad at me. :v

Hope you get to write something soon.
Likewise. I'll probably get over myself later tonight tbh. I'm realizing I can get moody at the drop of a hat, which is pretty inconvenient.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'm definitely going to try my hand at most of these, if not all. It'll probably have to wait until I get my new laptop in a couple weeks, but I'm in for sure. I'm a bit rusty, so it'll be a good warm up as I settle back into my writing groove. I'm looking forward to this for sure.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I should finally be able to start writing by tomorrow because I should be all unpacked from the move by then, so hooray.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Out of curiosity (sorry if someone already asked this):
How will the voting for the awards work? Like...will the stories be listed and people will vote which fit the criteria best or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back