• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Twelve Shots of S/S Contest [Deadline: October 1st]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The Last Time

I really like Shiki a lot as Sailor Moon. I feel somewhat bad for her because, she's been through a lot and trying her best to be the best Sailor Scout she can be. Apart of me kind of liked the idea of Sudoneku being friends with Shiki too. Perhaps more, even. I like how the Sailor Scouts don't always dance during their transformations. And Sudoneku helping Shiki out against the vampire at the beginning didn't seem like he was all that bad. It's a shame there's a misunderstanding on what the Scouts do against villains. I hope they can get Hype back. Seriously, if you continue this story at all, I'll read every single chapter because, I'm in love with it. And it sparks my love for Sailor Moon after all of these years. <3 Well done, LightUpTheSky.

@VoidGear: I can't wait to see what your Type-0 story is about! C:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Thank you for the kind words, Cinder. Your reviews always make my day, and inspire me to write more:) I'm so glad that you like the story! I was starting to feel unsure about it, but now I think I'm starting to feel for it again.

And thanks for your thoughts on the transformations! I want to have them in some light, as they're fun and this is a Magical Girl story and therefore they're needed, but I also am trying to not make them overkill. I think I'm going for the balance that Madoka Magica had, with the very short transformations in that:D

@Eternal Dream I will most definitely have to check out Tales of the Abyss, then=)

@VoidGear Ouch... Type-0. I'm sure it'll be a great story, though! And since I think I'm going to start a Bravely Default story for the contest, I can hardly talk. LOL. That story's hell of depressing, too. (Why do I like all the things that hurt me?)

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I haven't written anything outside of my novel planning for a while now, and I want to knock out a couple more of these challenges. I plan on doing a load of novel work tomorrow, but I might start by writing another piece for the contest. I've got both a piece of fiction and an editorial-like piece in mind, but I'm not sure what I wish to go with first yet. I'll probably just figure it out once I start, but for some of the remaining challenges, I want to flex my writing muscles and deviate from just my standard fiction.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I didn't do anything in weeks, and now I'm working on two stories at the same time. It's insaaaane.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i just updated my story from this morning with proper challenges. question: does somebody retelling an account within the story count for Road Trip, and are you limited to 12 challenges per story?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
i just updated my story from this morning with proper challenges. question: does somebody retelling an account within the story count for Road Trip, and are you limited to 12 challenges per story?

Ah, I'm a few days late! I'm sorry not seeing this sooner!

Yes, retelling an account can count for Road Trip. I'll admit to feeling slightly confused by your last question. No, you can do more or less than 12 challenges per story. If you did three challenges per story, you can win a singular award out of it too. You don't necessarily have to do 12 in total. And you can use the same universe/story for each of the story challenges too. (I hope this makes sense.)

Hoid

Awards
For the Road Trip challenge, is it alright if I write about pirates on a journey? It's not quite a "road" trip, but it's still an adventure filled with exciting places.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
For the Road Trip challenge, is it alright if I write about pirates on a journey? It's not quite a "road" trip, but it's still an adventure filled with exciting places.

Gerald_c14a5b_1617909.jpg

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Absolutely. I love pirates! So go for it! C:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
My next piece for The Twelve Shots of Summer, and it's Kingdom Hearts X related!

I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out, honestly. And I'm just glad to have contributed to this (in my opinion) amazing game in the Kingdom Hearts series--with very good characters--that so many fans seem to overlook.

Anyway, here are links to it on both fanfiction and AO3:) https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12075399/1/When-the-Stars-Fall-I-Won-t-Let-Go When the Stars Fall, I Won't Let Go - AnHeiressofaSOLDIER - Kingdom Hearts [Archive of Our Own]

And thank you, KHInsider, for translating the most recent scenes so that I could use them as a base here:D

I think this will be my "Dearly Beloved" and "20 Minutes or Less" entries, if that's okay.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yup, that's completely okay, LightUpTheSky! C: Thanks for the links! I'll definitely read it soon, including everyone else's stories and such too!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Is there already some sort of deadline? I really wanna finish at least 12 of the challenges but I don't know if I'll be able to >____<

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The deadline happens to be September 1st. If I need to extend it for any one, I can. C:

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I was totally in for the challenge, but after knocking out 4 of them I got sidetracked hen I started working on my novel. I got so deeply involved by the project that I could never pull myself away from it to write something else. I'm super proud of what I wrote for the challenge, but there's no chance I'll be able to grind out all of those other pieces by the time September rolls around. My mind is just not in the right place to dive into that sort of work, and I've got so much more with his book ahead of me.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to what everyone else has left before the deadline hits, and I enjoyed what I was able to write. Next time, hopefully I'll be in a better spot to tackle the challenges. I guess completing 4 challenges in 3 works isn't the worst I could've done. Oh well, that's just how it goes sometimes. I'm sure I still have more writings to share and get critiqued at some point, just not pertaining to this challenge.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I Won't Let Go When The Stars Fall

I greatly enjoyed reading this because, I loved the chemistry between Skuld and Chirithy. It never occurred to me what could happen to Dream Eaters when their masters are gone. Furthermore, I didn't know Chirithy was a Dream Eater. Atop of that, I like how Chirithy is more positive than Skuld about Ace's condition. And my gosh, you make me want to play X so damn bad because, it really gets to me emotionally with the story. I'm curious what became of Master Ava too. C: Overall, you really out done yourself and it feels like the actual game.

@Grizzly: You should be proud of yourself! It's great that you're able to focus more on your novel after pushing out those challenges you did. And yeah, there's always next year. Or if there's other works you'd like to share, I'd love to read them all! :D Yup, I imagine there'll be more challenges posted before the deadline as well. So plenty to look forward to! And if you ever publish your novel, please send me a copy!!! xD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm currently writing on some of the challenges...
I can interpret the topics as anything I'd like, right? For exampe the "What Frightens You?" one. It sounds very dark, but I'd rather make it comedic if that's okay.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
In terms of challenges, I'm kinda proud of myself so far. I wasn't really gonna get involved but I've gotten seven of them done and if I try I can probably do another five to complete all twelve of them by the end of the month.

I'm currently writing on some of the challenges...
I can interpret the topics as anything I'd like, right? For exampe the "What Frightens You?" one. It sounds very dark, but I'd rather make it comedic if that's okay.

My Frightens Challenge was largely comedic and KK said "it fits the challenge extremely well", so I don't see why yours wouldn't as well.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
^ What CD-Mann said. C: However you want to interpret the challenges is good with me! So if you want to make it comedic, I'd be good with that too. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back