• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Rebuilding of Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Holy heck, did not even notice the meteors in the sky. I was too mesmerized by the sky. Man, the things they can achieve with this engine.

i can't wait to see how many games utilize this engine, its a glimpse of the future of gaming

Antar

Awards
Unfortunately no proper screenshot was ever released from that trailer so we only have trailer quality to go from.

Oh, that makes sense. The trailer quality isn't so bad, especially if you don't open the image to full size, but I understand. It's not important anyway.

I still think Unreal is more impressive and it's surpassed Luminous at this stage. The leaves no longer look like a giant clump stuck to the wall and the sun (or rather light source) is in a new position casting different shadows but it gives off a more lazy sunset afternoon vibe.
Yes, definitely! I thought Twilight Town looked amazing on Luminous, but then when I saw the Unreal version, I was stunned! Just look at each of the individual bricks and how they pop out on all of the walls! Even the cement/concrete in between the tiles on the ground! I love the texture on those tiles. And like you said, the lighting angle looks much better.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
luminous just wasn't right for KH. its doing its thing for FFXV, i can respect that, but UE4 was really made for kingdom hearts and taking one lool at these screens can tell you that much.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, the content from this years D23 trailer was originally planned for the E3 trailer.

Given that the Unreal Engine announcement was made in October 2014, by the end of December Tai Yasue said the switch to Unreal was complete and they could start to move forward. With this interview we now know that everything had to be rebuilt from scratch. I'm not that well versed on game development but given this timeline it seems that the last Luminous trailer (October 2013) and the latest KH3 trailer (November 2015, but cut from June 2015 E3 trailer) it seems to me both had the same amount of development time and the results speak for themselves.

So then my suspicions about the fact that we've been seeing the same areas and various clips of essentially the same video being the result of them showing deliberately portioned-off segments of the same chunk of footage over time were correct then. Which means there's probably lots of stuff they've been working on since June of last year that they haven't shown us at all.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So then my suspicions about the fact that we've been seeing the same areas and various clips of essentially the same video being the result of them showing deliberately portioned-off segments of the same chunk of footage over time were correct then. Which means there's probably lots of stuff they've been working on since June of last year that they haven't shown us at all.
Pretty much. When news came out about the content of the trailer, one only has to look back at what Nomura said post-E3 ("There was a lot more content they wanted to share with us but were limited due to the length of time they were alotted for the trailer") to put 2 and 2 together. It's why they didn't show Big Hero 6, because that world was announced 2 months after E3 and instead of making a trailer using newly recorded footage they just used what they had cut before.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
okay so all im reading is

JUNE 2016 PREPARE TO BLOW YOUR LOAD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I have been calling what we've been shown "a alpha build" as BufferAndLoad knows.

Let's hope we get some really good news on my birthday again lol :cool:

when is your birthday? happy early bday lmao

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I can't remember the last time they talked about the Shader after the swap to Unreal so I don't know whether it's been scrapped or hasn't been implemented
He mentions it in this very interview.

"We were also developing a Kingdom Hearts-specific shader and we had to make a lot of adjustments so we could use that shader on the new engine."

(i also don't know why you guys chose to write a summary of the interview instead of just sharing the interview....)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
...you missed the thread when I went "wiggle, wiggle" when this alpha stuff hit, Chu?

It's June 16th. ^^

Anyway hopefully we can get a full translation of this soon, but I'm not too worried. ^^

happy early birthday lmao, sorry i must have.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
He mentions it in this very interview.

"We were also developing a Kingdom Hearts-specific shader and we had to make a lot of adjustments so we could use that shader on the new engine."

(i also don't know why you guys chose to write a summary of the interview instead of just sharing the interview....)
lmao shows how much information I take in and remember.

We write summaries because people generally get pissed at us if we copy and paste full interviews. A summary is at least in our own words.

Awards
If the D23/Jump Festa Footage was originally part of the E3 trailer....which one of us is gonna mash that footage and the E3 footage into one video?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
lmao shows how much information I take in and remember.

We write summaries because people generally get pissed at us if we copy and paste full interviews. A summary is at least in our own words.

why?? how much of a prick do you have to be to get mad at someone answering their questions??

i was joking about blaming chaser for whatever square does but people took it to heart

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If the D23/Jump Festa Footage was originally part of the E3 trailer....which one of us is gonna mash that footage and the E3 footage into one video?
:)

why?? how much of a prick do you have to be to get mad at someone answering their questions??

i was joking about blaming chaser for whatever square does but people took it to heart
What? I don't get your joke.

Anyways it's the interviewer who gets annoyed at people copying and pasting their interview on other websites detracting from them getting hits.

Summarising is generally the safer option as people get the information and can go to the actual source and view the questions theirselves which presents the information in a much more linear fashion. There's also another reason for summarising that I can't get into right now.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
:)

What? I don't get your joke.

Anyways it's the interviewer who gets annoyed at people copying and pasting their interview on other websites detracting from them getting hits.

Summarising is generally the safer option as people get the information and can go to the actual source and view the questions theirselves which presents the information in a much more linear fashion. There's also another reason for summarising that I can't get into right now.

oh i misunderstood

a few months ago during the d23 fiasco, i said "okay everyone lets blame chaser" and perpetuated that several times since but i suppose if it wasn't funny the first time...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
oh i misunderstood

a few months ago during the d23 fiasco, i said "okay everyone lets blame chaser" and perpetuated that several times since but i suppose if it wasn't funny the first time...
what the fuck

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
what the fuck

you didn't know? i was sure you even responded to me when i said it once or twice, and i doubt anyone legit blamed you (besides new members but they would have done it already tbh).

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
UM OK this is not the discussion we were going for.

... Anyone want to take some guesses on what those flying Heartless are named?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back