• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Real talk tho, that boss kinda hit pretty hard in the feels and sorta close to home.
That too but I was talking more like, instant killing protag because I was an idiot and didn't prepare my Persona/party/items properly.

I'm almost done with the dungeon after hers and I feel like such a failure when I have to leave a dungeon early in this game. It hits you a bit harder than it did for me in P4 that's for sure.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yeah, Okumura's boss was really annoying for me. I could get past the grunts, but then there's that attack you can only survive if you're either fast enough to dodge or you're hungry. -_- I think I was only able to get past it through sheer luck.

Rael_Oblivion

FINALLY getting to pick up P5 again after three months of not having enough time to play- beat the second palace yesterday and found the third. Haven't gone in yet, but I'm going to try and start it tonight. After this month I go back to having zero to little play time until December, so we'll see how far I get before then!

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
FINALLY getting to pick up P5 again after three months of not having enough time to play- beat the second palace yesterday and found the third. Haven't gone in yet, but I'm going to try and start it tonight. After this month I go back to having zero to little play time until December, so we'll see how far I get before then!
I'm in the same boat here with college sapping up any free time I have.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night And Persona 5: Dancing Star Night Announced For PS4 And PS Vita - Siliconera
Persona Q2 Revealed For Nintendo 3DS - Siliconera
AAAAAAAAAA

I guess Elizabeth saved the P3Protag through the power of dance?
((and crap i still have to finish q. i'll probably have to restart it. a g a i n.))

I suspect they'll pull the same thing they did with Persona Q and just make,the dance game take place somewhere midway through the story of 3. But you never know.

In a weird way I'm most excited for the P3 Dance game out of all of these announcements. I can't explain why, P4 Dancing was such a fucking trudge to push through the story, I can only hope the stories of these have more thought out into them. But regardless, I heard Burn My Dress and saw Makoto dancing around the familiar areas of P3 and couldn't help but smile.

PQ2, sadly the only one without a trailer. I wonder if it will cross over with anything or if it will just be an adventure for the P5 crew.

I really want to see some Persona 1 or 2 love at some point, I hate that it's like those games don't exist.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I really want to see some Persona 1 or 2 love at some point, I hate that it's like those games don't exist.

It's not that those games don't exist, it's more of Persona's identity as a standalone franchise was formed through Persona 3. It's like how Kingdom Hearts formed its own identity outside of being a Disney + Final Fantasy mashup after Kingdom Hearts II.

But these announcements does reflect a statement that Sega made regarding the cultivation of its intellectual properties in their road to 2020 press release. "Revival of past IPs and active utilization of external IPs, etc., Maximize value of IPs by expanding development channels and regions of respective IPs" and to "Promote multi-device/global development by organizing studios centered on IPs and improve efficiency by integrating publishing and other functions by region".

Persona is one of the studio centered intellectual properties that Sega is focusing on, and it shows through all these announcements.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I just want me some more Persona 2 jazz and shiz, man.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Persona 3/5 Dance better have better beatmapping than P4 Dancing did. It was pretty terrible.

While I didn't hate P4 Dancing, but it's also super unlikely that I would ever play it again. Because the story was lame and yeah, the dancing and gameplay and everything definitely could have been improved. I 100 percented it, plat and everything, but there was so much room for improvement on the dancing.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Hey, if the spinoffs are technically canon, where do you think the P3 Dancing game fits? Because how in the heck would they bring Minato Arisato/Makoto Yuuki back to life if it takes place after P3?

Last edited:

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
The power of funk is unlimited. Funk brought our protagonist back, obviously.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Hey, if the spinoffs are technically canon, where do you think the P3 Dancing game fits? Because how in the heck would they bring Minato Arisato/Makoto Yuuki back to life if it takes place after P3?

It will probs be a PQ situation where they fit it somewhere in the middle of the story is what I would imagine.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm most interested in the PQ2 one. I feel like PQ1 was held back by being set during the games and having a sort of like "everyone's memory is wiped" kind of scenario so if PQ2 actually turns out to be a sequel of sorts I'd be much more interested this time around. I'm also wondering if it will have a crossover element with P3/P4 or if it will just be the P5 cast since so little seems to be revealed at this point.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm most interested in the PQ2 one. I feel like PQ1 was held back by being set during the games and having a sort of like "everyone's memory is wiped" kind of scenario so if PQ2 actually turns out to be a sequel of sorts I'd be much more interested this time around. I'm also wondering if it will have a crossover element with P3/P4 or if it will just be the P5 cast since so little seems to be revealed at this point.

I wonder that also. It would certainly be different if there was no kind of cross-over here considering that was one of the biggest appeals of the first game for a lot of people. No cross-over would probably mean only one story then too.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I just got Persona 5; just letting my controller charge now and will prolly play more tomorrow.

Any suggestions on what to do? I found a walkthough to be safe..

My suggestion is playing without a walkthrough haha

KudoTsurugi

Awards
If you like searching for treasure, make sure you make lock picks when you can, because once you complete a Palace you can't go back. You can also sell whatever Treasure you find at the Airsoft Shop. Also, this is probably obvious but always keep an eye on the deadline and finish the Palace sooner rather than later.

Back