• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Persona Thread (Spin-offs galore!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Welp, finished the game at ~100 hours. It was quite a blast, I'll say.
There was kind of a pretty dry phase between the third and sixth palace, where even if things happened, it just felt incredibly slow, but I really liked how the game picked back up on the pace later in.

That being said, I've gotta say that even though there were tons and tons of potential in a lot of ways, many of them were also used very poorly. Applies to a lot of things like character development, confidant leveling (and its inconsistency with the story), time management (regarding who you can hang out with when etc), dating restrictions and some other stuff.
They definitely tried a lot of things, and a lot turned out great, while some other stuff was just...lacking. Unnecessary. I think my greatest nitpick are the stereotypical anime character traits, which heavily collide with how cool the characters could actually be. Whenever they seem to grow, it's somehow buried under dumb anime stereotypes. It even actually ruined one of my otherwise favorite scenes for me (Ryuji finally getting a chance to prove he's a star runner again while escaping the ship palace, only to be beat up by the girls afterwards because [I]haha isn't it hilarious to beat up the main character's side kick haha violence on men is so funny[/I] NO ITS NOT). Even so, most of the characters had a lot of potential and I like some of them a damn lot.
I'm currently trying to rush through NG+, although I don't know if being part-way into the second palace at ~9 hours can be considered rushing. I just want my platinum....
Anyway, it was fun!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
[video=youtube;d-FcyZc3ClY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FcyZc3ClY[/video]
[video=youtube;SCiTsRX-l60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCiTsRX-l60[/video]

The intro for Persona 3 and Persona 5 Dancing have been revealed.

shady543

Awards
They both look great, but Persona 3 dance interests me more because of the new updated models. xD
Also Persona 3 is still my favourite, and I'm know I'm in the minority lol.

Welp, finished the game at ~100 hours. It was quite a blast, I'll say.
There was kind of a pretty dry phase between the third and sixth palace, where even if things happened, it just felt incredibly slow, but I really liked how the game picked back up on the pace later in.

That being said, I've gotta say that even though there were tons and tons of potential in a lot of ways, many of them were also used very poorly. Applies to a lot of things like character development, confidant leveling (and its inconsistency with the story), time management (regarding who you can hang out with when etc), dating restrictions and some other stuff.
They definitely tried a lot of things, and a lot turned out great, while some other stuff was just...lacking. Unnecessary. I think my greatest nitpick are the stereotypical anime character traits, which heavily collide with how cool the characters could actually be. Whenever they seem to grow, it's somehow buried under dumb anime stereotypes. It even actually ruined one of my otherwise favorite scenes for me (Ryuji finally getting a chance to prove he's a star runner again while escaping the ship palace, only to be beat up by the girls afterwards because [I]haha isn't it hilarious to beat up the main character's side kick haha violence on men is so funny[/I] NO ITS NOT). Even so, most of the characters had a lot of potential and I like some of them a damn lot.
I'm currently trying to rush through NG+, although I don't know if being part-way into the second palace at ~9 hours can be considered rushing. I just want my platinum....
Anyway, it was fun!

As much as I love Persona 5, one thing that annoyed me was
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm just gonna buy P3 initially then. Can't play both at once anyway, plus my poor wallet.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Is there a story for these games or is it just the dancin?

No story and consider the minority that hates the idea Arena, Golden, Q, and Dancing All Night are canon, there isn't a story mode this time and there's that side that won't stop complaining that DAMN 'makes the end of 3 pointless' when this has nothing to do with the ending, in fact The Answer was made that if the SEES members did anything bad, Makoto's sacrifice would be pointless and Nyx or to extent Erebus would be unleashed.

Just Commu mode between SEES and the Phantom Thieves to replace the Story mode but it's easy to tell where it is between because everyone but Goro and Shinjiro are in the game outside DLC.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
They both look great, but Persona 3 dance interests me more because of the new updated models. xD
Also Persona 3 is still my favourite, and I'm know I'm in the minority lol.

As much as I love Persona 5, one thing that annoyed me was
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I wholeheartedly agree.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

shady543

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And as for the not being able to date male characters, the problem I had was that I wanted to date my wife Joker BUT NOOOO I'M PLAYING AS JOKER :mad:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Daz-bcBU0AAqNCr.jpg

Daz-gt6U0AEbsar.jpg

You remember back in the day when people joked about Sega properties in Atlus games? well, it's finally happened...

Dr_Mario64

No story and consider the minority that hates the idea Arena, Golden, Q, and Dancing All Night are canon, there isn't a story mode this time and there's that side that won't stop complaining that DAMN 'makes the end of 3 pointless' when this has nothing to do with the ending, in fact The Answer was made that if the SEES members did anything bad, Makoto's sacrifice would be pointless and Nyx or to extent Erebus would be unleashed.

Just Commu mode between SEES and the Phantom Thieves to replace the Story mode but it's easy to tell where it is between because everyone but Goro and Shinjiro are in the game outside DLC.

Ugh. People like this are what's holding the lore back from reaching its full potential. I mean, I can understand not being satisfied with quality of the narrative. Arena and especially Dancing All Night felt mediocre compared to the main series, and it's pretty fucking obvious Atlus had the B-team writing these, but I don't think that makes them detrimental to the canon. Persona Q expanded the lore in directions I never thought it would go; going as far as basing several dungeons on a single character, and even DAN felt like it had something meaningful to offer through its view of the idol industry even if other games have done the same concept better (i.e. Tokyo Mirage Sessions) it still added something new within its own universe.

I can't say I especially ENJOYED DAN, but I'd be lying if I pretended like it contributed nothing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Bought the game on Sunday (Persona 5). I'm personally enjoying it, and think it has a pretty solid intro. But man, is this intro Palace taking A LOT OF TIME, hahaha. I'm using a guide, so.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Bought the game on Sunday (Persona 5). I'm personally enjoying it, and think it has a pretty solid intro. But man, is this intro Palace taking A LOT OF TIME, hahaha. I'm using a guide, so.

They all do on the first playthrough. The fifth one had me almost a bit stuck, but it all comes down to managing protag's Persona well.
On that note, I'm kinda thrilled to do a merciless run sometime soon.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
They all do on the first playthrough. The fifth one had me almost a bit stuck, but it all comes down to managing protag's Persona well.
On that note, I'm kinda thrilled to do a merciless run sometime soon.

Haha I've never been a fan of making harder difficulty runs. But I don't think I"ll replay P5, seeing as how I'm trying to 100%, ahha.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Haha I've never been a fan of making harder difficulty runs. But I don't think I"ll replay P5, seeing as how I'm trying to 100%, ahha.

You can't 100% in one run though, "unfortunately", and even if you try to do ALMOST everything in one run, you need to plan your time veeeeeeeeery well. xD Good luck though!

Back