• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - Ben Diskin as YMX?

So, while we all gush over Ben Diskin and his mock-denial and sexy YMX voice, we should also try and figure out if Quorra is Olivia Wilde or if we need to start sobbing over the loss of one cool, sexy lady.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

AW, SHUCKS, GUYS. I guess Ben Diskin's not playing the MF after all. OH WELL. Time to start speculating again! In which case it's a toss up between Johnny Yong Bosch and David Gallagher. Or possibly it's Corey Burton doing a REALLY GOOD impression of Ben Diskin.

(I kind of wish I had a Tumblr so I could check the reactions amongst that contingent of the fan base to this heartbreaking news.)

Yeah I have only seen one person even acknowledge this news on there in general :p Oh well haha

So, while we all gush over Ben Diskin and his mock-denial and sexy YMX voice, we should also try and figure out if Quorra is Olivia Wilde or if we need to start sobbing over the loss of one cool, sexy lady.

You mean try to contact her on Twitter or something? Not sure if she will be as willing to break her NDA as some other people have been :p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Who knows. Maybe she might say something soon, or most likely she won't.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I don't think that was her. My time with one of her roles (House), I should know her voice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Thanks Chaser <3

I don't think that was her. My time with one of her roles (House), I should know her voice.

I've seen House and watch Tron: Legacy over and over. I also know her voice. Her grunts sounded a lot like Olivia Wilde, though, and we only heard one line from Quorra, which is not really enough to determine anything,

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I hope whoever voices Quorra just does a better job than Olivia Wilde in TRON: Evolution. Her voice sounded terrible in that game for some reason.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I've seen House and watch Tron: Legacy over and over. I also know her voice. Her grunts sounded a lot like Olivia Wilde, though, and we only heard one line from Quorra, which is not really enough to determine anything,

And if Quinton Flynn doesn't sound a little like himself even though we KNOW it's him (really, why would they replace him), then it's just as easily possible that the single line we have that doesn't sound like Olivia Wilde could still be her.

Original Sin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't David Gallagher confirm months ago that he did the voice work for Young Xehanort in KH3D? Or was that just Birth By Sleep I'm thinking of?

Edit:
Found the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPwpCGLrG1w
When I know the timestamp I'll edit again.
Edit2: 8:40, he says he did the voice for Young Xehanort in a game that hasn't been released yet.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't David Gallagher confirm months ago that he did the voice work for Young Xehanort in KH3D? Or was that just Birth By Sleep I'm thinking of?

Edit:
Found the video.
Anime Conji 2012: "Voice of Riku" Panel - YouTube
He said he did a small part(or something of the like), which was for Birth by Sleep.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

Edit:
Found the video.
He meant BBS I believe. I already asked that question.

EDIT:Chaser beat me to it.

Original Sin

He said he did a small part(or something of the like), which was for Birth by Sleep.
He says he did a small part for a game that hasn't been released yet... 8:40 mark.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Edit:
Found the video.

Behold my still unfinished transcript! (give me another two hours lol)

And their last game they just did that is still not out, I actually voiced an extra small piece for them that they needed, and I was so excited to be able to do it. "Xehanort". I did a young Xehanort voice, and I'm sure when you play the game that it'll sound just like me because I haven't got my voice acting down, being multiple people.

0:37

All the proof you need, right there.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

DG said a lot of false things in that video, he's more up to date with minecraft then KH lol

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

DG said a lot of false things in that video, he's more up to date with minecraft then KH lol

Square Enix being so untrusting and not telling him anything lol

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Man, was he ever off with that. Birth by Sleep's been out for ages.

It's incredibly likely that he was never even told where and when that extra little line would be used. You can't blame him xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

tumblr_m47vk16l4D1qcbdpro1_500.png

Back