• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread

I really did not like Frollo's voice in the english trailer, but I don't think it will be like that for the whole world since he seemed to be yelling in the one scene he was in. Speaking of which, I thought somebody said way earlier in this thread that JiM Cummings (I think) was doing Frollo's voice. I guess not. What all has this Corey Burton guy done?

The Jim Cummings thing was based on some... vague confirmation thing on deviantart. With no source.

Corey Burton has done a ton of voices for Disney, like Captain Hook, Yen Sid, and he's substituted for Christopher Lee as Ansem the Wise as well. Wikipedia link

Also, any word on who is doing the voices for the rest of the HOND characters? (other than Jason Alexander again as that gargoyle which is too great.)

Charles Kimbrough is reprising his role as Victor, and it sort of sounds like Tom Hulce is reprising Quasimodo, but it's difficult to say considering he only had two lines and the questionable editing of the trailer.

Swordsy

Oh really? Well then Burton should be a good choice for Frollo. Although in my opinion, the guy who did Frollo's voice for the movie had kind of an epic voice that's hard to match, so I understand. I also thought Quasi sounded a lot like Hulce, but a little different.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh really? Well then Burton should be a good choice for Frollo. Although in my opinion, the guy who did Frollo's voice for the movie had kind of an epic voice that's hard to match, so I understand. I also thought Quasi sounded a lot like Hulce, but a little different.

Well Hulce is older now, and we don't really know his health and life style. Most people can go their entire adult lives with the same voice, then there are those whose voices change due hundreds of factors. xD

I don't think there are many in the world who could do Tony Jay's voice justice. I've only heard two or three voice actors get close enough to his vocal tone.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I consider it the closest thing to a confirmation. That is what Quinton said to me when I asked him a week after Taochan did. xD "Can't talk about it" = "I did so... :)"

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

I like Ben Diskin now. Best response I've seen so far XD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I consider it the closest thing to a confirmation. That is what Quinton said to me when I asked him a week after Taochan did. xD "Can't talk about it" = "I did so... :)"
Chaser did ask him too ;A;

But yay, this guy knows whats up :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Chaser did ask him too ;A;

But yay, this guy knows whats up :3

Quinton loves teasing us, huh xD

Ben Diskin is a very cool dude. (And he has a great voice. Man, if only SE did those interview videos with voice actors like they had with KH2)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Quinton loves teasing us, huh xD

Ben Diskin is a very cool dude. (And he has a great voice. Man, if only SE did those interview videos with voice actors like they had with KH2)

"I think that since Riku has grown as a character, his voice has gotten Sexier. Let me show you some clips. See here, his voice is sexier because he's talking to Shiki, and he's trying to bone her..."
PLEASE S-E.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

I fail to understand the logic of maintaining a NDA once a game has been announced for release, has a fully voiced trailer out for it, and pretty much 90% of the fan base already knows or has successfully determined who is working on the project. Plus the fact that anyone who admits being under a NDA has already indicated their involvement in said project, as is the case here.

I guess it's just more fun for Square Enix this way?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I fail to understand the logic of maintaining a NDA once a game has been announced for release, has a fully voiced trailer out for it, and pretty much 90% of the fan base already knows or has successfully determined who is working on the project. Plus the fact that anyone who admits being under a NDA has already indicated their involvement in said project, as is the case here.

I guess it's just more fun for Square Enix this way?

I think SE likes taunting us. 8D

Honestly, though, I don't really understand the reasoning behind it myself. They probably have their own plans on how they want to announce the cast (via a press release or something) but considering everything you've mentioned, what is the point in waiting? At least we do have the few voice actors who don't really care about saying something despite being under an NDA. Load of good the NDA really does xD

"I think that since Riku has grown as a character, his voice has gotten Sexier. Let me show you some clips. See here, his voice is sexier because he's talking to Shiki, and he's trying to bone her..."
PLEASE S-E.

"This other scene is Riku talking to Sam. There is too much sexy in this scene."

Great, now I'm making myself excited for the game again. *breathes* I'm going to go drown myself in Korra and the Avengers so I don't have to think about KH3D xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

"This other scene is Riku talking to Sam. There is too much sexy in this scene."
"Especially with Riku's voice. Listen to the way he says "I'm Riku." Hear that voice? Voice of a god."

Great, now I'm making myself excited for the game again. *breathes* I'm going to go drown myself in Korra and the Avengers so I don't have to think about KH3D xD
Sure Korra won't get you excited again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

"Especially with Riku's voice. Listen to the way he says "I'm Riku." Hear that voice? Voice of a god."

Next thing we'll know, David Gallagher will be voicing the KH3D commercials.

Sure Korra won't get you excited again?

It will, but my attention won't be on KH3D and I think that is better than anything xD

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Next thing we'll know, David Gallagher will be voicing the KH3D commercials.
Can he? I think that will be brilliant. Speaking of commercials:

It will, but my attention won't be on KH3D and I think that is better than anything xD
*Excuse the fact KH is Disney and Korra is Nickelodeon*

Master Spockanort: "Time to watch Korra to get my mind off Kingdom Hearts"
TV: "Up next, The Legend of Korra, but first a word from our sponsor...
IN YOU AND I, THERE'S A NEW LAAA-AANND YEAH"
Master Spockanort: "I have fallen and I can't get up"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Can he? I think that will be brilliant. Speaking of commercials:

*Excuse the fact KH is Disney and Korra is Nickelodeon*

Master Spockanort: "Time to watch Korra to get my mind off Kingdom Hearts"
TV: "Up next, The Legend of Korra, but first a word from our sponsor...
IN YOU AND I, THERE'S A NEW LAAA-AANND YEAH"
Master Spockanort*fallen on the ground, sobbing*: "Someone help me..."

Yep. You nailed me perfectly. XD

David Gallagher and Jesse McCartney. Those are two voices that will sell units for sure.

OMG.....it's like you read my mind. > >!

8D

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards

They should have David and Jesse voice/act in the commercials, kinda like how Robin Williams and his daughter started doing the Zelda commercials.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Too sweet ;~;

I'd definitely buy another copy of KH3D if there was a commercial of David (and HJO because PR stunts are always great) or Jesse playing KH3D.

Or something like this with one of the voice actors speaking over.

Back