• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locksmith13

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

They just randomly choose who they want to advertise. Think about it... would people get more excited for a game if they heard a random VA they never heard of was voicing Terra or that they have Spock and Luke Skywalker? I'm gonna go with Spock and Luke Skywalker.

Yeah but we're dealing with superfans and not causal gamers. Casual gamers will be intrigued by Luke and Spock as voices, superfans are drawn to the main characters especially the one who seems to get a lot of focus because of his apparent connection with Xehanort

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Bret Iwan is still not well known and neither is Chris Sanders (I never heard of him). Christopher Lee could be due to spoilers just like Vanitas's VA.
But I highly doubt they're keeping Terra's VA secret on purpose. They just randomly choose who they want to advertise. Think about it... would people get more excited for a game if they heard a random VA they never heard of was voicing Terra or that they have Spock and Luke Skywalker? I'm gonna go with Spock and Luke Skywalker.

It depends on the gamer. The more casual gamer would be like, "DUDE, LUKE SKYWALKER AND SPOCK IN ONE GAME?!", but the more hardcore fans would be more into Terra's, I would think, because he's so crucial to the overall plot of the series. Not that the other two aren't, but...y'know...

I believe they did. I think they advertised both him and Kirk Thornton, even though they're both more anime VAs than anything...They're awesome though. :D

Yes, yes they are.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Yeah but we're dealing with superfans and not causal gamers. Casual gamers will be intrigued by Luke and Spock as voices, superfans are drawn to the main characters especially the one who seems to get a lot of focus because of his apparent connection with Xehanort

The thing is... it's a press release.

It's not meant for us.

It's meant for Yahoo News and Kotaku and maybe Disney news blogs, so they'll broadcast it to their respective readerships, who are largely ignorant of the fact the game even exists. It's not really meant for KH fansites, because we already know the game's coming out.

And Yahoo and Kotaku and Disney news blogs are going to be much more interested in the fact that Spock and Luke Skywalker are in the game than who any particular actor is voicing. =P

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

The thing is... it's a press release.

It's not meant for us.

It's meant for Yahoo News and Kotaku and maybe Disney news blogs, so they'll broadcast it to their respective readerships, who are largely ignorant of the fact the game even exists. It's not really meant for KH fansites, because we already know the game's coming out.

And Yahoo and Kotaku and Disney news blogs are going to be much more interested in the fact that Spock and Luke Skywalker are in the game than who any particular actor is voicing. =P

I'm pretty sure you guys were interested when they first announced Leonard and Mark would be in the game too...

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I'm pretty sure you guys were interested when they first announced Leonard and Mark would be in the game too...

Yes...Yes i was. And Bale was pretty good in Howl but still...no Terra :/

Ikkin

Bronze Member

This is also true. XD

All I meant to say was that, since 90% of their intended audience for the press release had nothing invested in Terra, it makes more sense for them to focus on letting people know which famous actors to expect instead of who the characters are going to be. =/

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Yes I was VERY excited when I saw their names on the list. But again to those who aren't big fans of KH, who are they going to be most shocked to see? A random anime' VA that only gamers would know about or big stars like Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy that is pop culture. Remember that they want KH to become more popular because as it is now, there are still people who are unaware of the game's existance.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I was super hyped when i heard Leonard Nimoy was in KH (like I have to say it) but not because it was a big name person, but because it was something I liked and I never thought he would be in KH. And Hamill because I love the Joker.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

To be honest, I really had no idea who anyone outside of Jesse McCartney and James Woods was in the press release (knows pretty much nothing about NA actors/VAs and watched a bare minimum of SW and ST) But after doing a bit of research, I can see why everyone was so excited.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I was super hyped when i heard... Hamill because I love the Joker.

That's pretty much what I quoted your post for haha. Hamill in KH is a super WIN in my book for KH

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Yes I was VERY excited when I saw their names on the list. But again to those who aren't big fans of KH, who are they going to be most shocked to see? A random anime' VA that only gamers would know about or big stars like Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy that is pop culture. Remember that they want KH to become more popular because as it is now, there are still people who are unaware of the game's existance.

I do get your point. People outside the gaming/anime community most likely wouldn't recognize names like Quinton Flynn or Kirk Thornton, but they'd be very curious about Mark and Leonard. It's safe to assume that Squeenix got them for the publicity, even if they do suck as VAs (which they won't).

Sempied

I do get your point. People outside the gaming/anime community most likely wouldn't recognize names like Quinton Flynn or Kirk Thornton, but they'd be very curious about Mark and Leonard. It's safe to assume that Squeenix got them for the publicity, even if they do suck as VAs (which they won't).
But yet there advertised. Just look at FFXIII, and even FXII that had voice actors like Troy Baker (Anime VA), and James Arnold Taylor (Variated work VA), and yet they were advertised around. I'd like to think whats being said about the ones being advertised were chosen to just grab some attention. I mean it's one thing to go uncredited, but it's another not to atleast leave a trace.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

But yet there advertised. Just look at FFXIII, and even FXII that had voice actors like Troy Baker (Anime VA), and James Arnold Taylor (Variated work VA), and yet they were advertised around. I'd like to think whats being said about the ones being advertised were chosen to just grab some attention. I mean it's one thing to go uncredited, but it's another not to atleast leave a trace.

We know who Troy Baker and James Arnold Taylor are, but we're talking about people outside the anime/gaming community who aren't familiar with VAs.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Actually, most of the information we received about FFXIII VAs came from the VAs themselves, as far as I can remember. I know that Hope and Vanille's VAs, at least, self-confirmed they were playing the characters without any prompting, and the English language press release for FFXIII didn't say anything about VAs in the first place (probably because they figured mentioning Leona Lewis would be more profitable).

Shadow Key

I check on this thread every so often. Have we declared Christian Bale as Terra yet, or are we still bickering about it?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I check on this thread every so often. Have we declared Christian Bale as Terra yet, or are we still bickering about it?

Terra!Bale hasn't been confirmed; we don't know who Terra's VA is and we most likely won't find out until the game's release. We're not really bickering about it anymore; now we're back to suggestions as to who it is.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

idk if you guys have seen these.. well it shows off some very.. i must say now.. GREAT voice acting...[ok maybe i was expecting too little but seriously guys.. jesse has improved a lot, ven sounds fcuking great. aqua sounds great. terra sounds like well terra/cloud/idk but we need to see more of him cuz like all he's said is "stand back/a heart of blah blah will never fail/tell me master xehanort what is it i need to learn?"]

so yeah, i think the voice acting is gonna be pretty good for this game.

[titles say gameplay, it has gameplay but also a few cutscenes..]

EDIT:

yah so all you little fuuckers out there better shut the fucck up bout:

"omggg wtff aqua sounds so lame i loove the japanese version better !! omgg wtff terra soudns so gay he has a stick up his ass i swear !! omgg the english version sucks so bad my balls omgg i wished it just had jp voice and english subtitles omggg omgg omggg eng voice acting sucksss so bad it has no emotion omgg i bet the japanese version has emotion though even though i don't know shit about japanese language or anything i can just tell its 1000x better then english lol im such a weeabboo lmaooo ! omgg omgg omgg jp aqua soo hott lol omgg omgg omgg"

:|

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back