• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Knowing college actors the list could be endless. From going back to SE assiging VA's closer to their characters age could be a clue, but otherwise not much since we don't have that much of a lead on who it could be around Terra age.

Yeah, that's true. =/

I think IMDB Advanced Search allows you to search actors by birthdate. Though I think, at this point, it might just be more fruitful to compare his voice to random teenaged suspects from crime shows or something. =P

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Yeah, that's true. =/

I think IMDB Advanced Search allows you to search actors by birthdate. Though I think, at this point, it might just be more fruitful to compare his voice to random teenaged suspects from crime shows or something. =P

(A little bit off topic, but your avatar makes me lol...just thought I'd let you know)

Well, if nothing else, there's always an older guy who can make himself sound a little younger, but I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon for some men Terra's age to sound a little older than they are.

EDIT: And I totally forgot to mention this, but what about George Newbern? Not in his deep 'n' dark Sephiroth voice, I mean just his regular voice.

Sempied

(A little bit off topic, but your avatar makes me lol...just thought I'd let you know)

Well, if nothing else, there's always an older guy who can make himself sound a little younger, but I'm pretty sure it's not uncommon for some men Terra's age to sound a little older than they are.

EDIT: And I totally forgot to mention this, but what about George Newbern? Not in his deep 'n' dark Sephiroth voice, I mean just his regular voice.
I doubt it. After atching Crisis Core scenes, and his car commercials I doubt that it'd be him. SE rarely recycles VA's, and if it were him we would've known by now.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I doubt it. After atching Crisis Core scenes, and his car commercials I doubt that it'd be him. SE rarely recycles VA's, and if it were him we would've known by now.

It was just a suggestion. And to the best of my knowledge, Sephi isn't showing up in BBS but I think Zack makes a reference to him. But his Sephiroth voice and his normal voice sound different, although you can tell it's him if you listen to his voice patterns.

And when did he start doing car commercials?! :wanders over to Youtube:

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Thanks. That was kind of what I was going for. X3

But his Sephiroth voice and his normal voice sound different, although you can tell it's him if you listen to his voice patterns.

And when did he start doing car commercials?! :wanders over to Youtube:

He did a commercial for the Toyota Prius, using a voice that sounded almost exactly like the nicer incarnation of Sephiroth from Crisis Core, which was pretty surreal. Sephiroth, destroyer of Gaia, advertising green cars? XD

I'd kind of assumed that was his normal voice, because, well... why intentionally use the Sephiroth voice?

I don't think Terra's voice patterns sound like his, though, regardless of pitch. =/

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Thanks. That was kind of what I was going for. X3

He did a commercial for the Toyota Prius, using a voice that sounded almost exactly like the nicer incarnation of Sephiroth from Crisis Core, which was pretty surreal. Sephiroth, destroyer of Gaia, advertising green cars? XD

I'd kind of assumed that was his normal voice, because, well... why intentionally use the Sephiroth voice?

I don't think Terra's voice patterns sound like his, though, regardless of pitch. =/

Well, you succeeded, because the first thought in my mind was an image of Terra pwning at Guitar Hero. |D

I watched it and it was...weird, hearing him do his not-so-batsht-Sephi voice. I was a little weirded out and amused at the same time, simply because I could picture Sephi saying all those words instead of him. LOL

No, his voice patterns don't really sound like Terra's; I just mentioned him as a very small possibility.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

I'd lol if it was a first-time voice actor voicing Terra that nobody has heard from before. Highly unlikely but still technically possible.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

I'd lol if it was a first-time voice actor voicing Terra that nobody has heard from before. Highly unlikely but still technically possible.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were, TBH with you.

EDIT:

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but why do you guys think they're not revealing his VA?

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

It wouldn't surprise me if it were, TBH with you.

EDIT:

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but why do you guys think they're not revealing his VA?

Because they only reveal the "famous" actors. I mean think about it... Square only confirmed Nimoy as Xehanort, Holland as Aqua, McCartney as Ven, Hamill as Eraqus and Woods as Hades. They didn't reveal Vanitas's VA, or the Disney characters, or anything. It's not like they're doing it on purpose. It's just that they never put up a full cast they only list the names that people are going to go "Holy crap! THAT actor is in this game!?"

Locksmith13

Besides that. Even though I know that the Square Enix peeps are reading this thread and laughing at us right now...

That wasn't a joke necessarily, really its just to build up the hype for the game. With so much information out about the plot, game play and design there really is nothing else to keep secret. I think they picked the one voice actor that everyone really wanted to know. Terra, in my opinion, was the number one VA that i wanted to know, but that's just me.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

That wasn't a joke necessarily, really its just to build up the hype for the game. With so much information out about the plot, game play and design there really is nothing else to keep secret. I think they picked the one voice actor that everyone really wanted to know. Terra, in my opinion, was the number one VA that i wanted to know, but that's just me.

You're not the only one; I've wanted to know his VA since the release date for the NA version was announced, and even before then my friends and I were debating what voice actors would suit him.

Mog

Awards

You're not the only one; I've wanted to know his VA since the release date for the NA version was announced, and even before then my friends and I were debating what voice actors would suit him.
same... I think the batman voice will sound a little too dark for Terra though.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

same... I think the batman voice will sound a little too dark for Terra though.

Even after hearing Christian Bale as Howl? I don't think it'd be too dark for him, and when you think about it he's a dark character.

[video=youtube;W69jYeVMRoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69jYeVMRoo[/video]

Mog

Awards

Even after hearing Christian Bale as Howl? I don't think it'd be too dark for him, and when you think about it he's a dark character.

[video=youtube;W69jYeVMRoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69jYeVMRoo[/video]
terra is kind at heart still though

Sempied

Because they only reveal the "famous" actors. I mean think about it... Square only confirmed Nimoy as Xehanort, Holland as Aqua, McCartney as Ven, Hamill as Eraqus and Woods as Hades. They didn't reveal Vanitas's VA, or the Disney characters, or anything. It's not like they're doing it on purpose. It's just that they never put up a full cast they only list the names that people are going to go "Holy crap! THAT actor is in this game!?"
Not necessarily they probably have Christopher Lee, Bret Iwan, with Chris Sanders as well, and they weren't advertised.

Even in FFXIII they advertised an anime VA like Troy Baker, and we still don't know Terra. :|

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website

Not necessarily they probably have Christopher Lee, Bret Iwan, with Chris Sanders as well, and they weren't advertised.

Even in FFXIII they advertised an anime VA like Troy Baker, and we still don't know Terra. :|

Wait, did they ever advertise Quinton Flynn? He's probably not super famous, but his voice is distinctive and he's made a name for himself with Square Enix.

TehSoulCookie

Wait, did they ever advertise Quinton Flynn? He's probably not super famous, but his voice is distinctive and he's made a name for himself with Square Enix.

I believe they did. I think they advertised both him and Kirk Thornton, even though they're both more anime VAs than anything...They're awesome though. :D

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Bret Iwan is still not well known and neither is Chris Sanders (I never heard of him). Christopher Lee could be due to spoilers just like Vanitas's VA.
But I highly doubt they're keeping Terra's VA secret on purpose. They just randomly choose who they want to advertise. Think about it... would people get more excited for a game if they heard a random VA they never heard of was voicing Terra or that they have Spock and Luke Skywalker? I'm gonna go with Spock and Luke Skywalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back