• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Re: Kairi's VA (no confirmation)

well actually notice alyson stoner only voices young kairi. i always thought that the only reason AS was voicing her was because they wanted to differentiate her older self from her younger self (notice how kh1 kairi and kh2 kairi sound different.)
People thought the same for Nami, until it was revealed Meaghan is playing both version.
Also, S-E doesn't care about how the actors sound in relation to their age. They didn't recast Sora for Re:CoM

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY

People thought the same for Nami, until it was revealed Meaghan is playing both version.
Also, S-E doesn't care about how the actors sound in relation to their age. They didn't recast Sora for Re:CoM
hmmm i guess... anyways when did kairi even talk in days?! i dont remember.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

EDIT: I don't know what happened... for some reason the VA discussion was changed to a different topic name and I assumed I was entering a new thread... weird. Anyway, just ignore this post!

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

hmmm i guess... anyways when did kairi even talk in days?! i dont remember.
Flashbacks when Xion/Roxas are dreaming. They were lines from Kh1 and they were all redone by Alyson Stoner

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Alyson Stoner has confirmed she is doing voice work for BBS.

I don't know... her response was "I should be..." rather then "Yes I am"

Think about it... if she truly knew she would be voicing in the game she would've just flat-out said yes... but instead she says "I should be" like she has no idea there was even going to be a new KH game. Just saying... her response was far from a confirmation.

HeartSeams said:
One of them would voice both. That's the point. Alyson has already confirmed she is voicing Xion in BBS, which therefore implies she's also voicing Kairi.

Not necessarily. For one, she isn't confirmed... secondly, just because Alyston Stoner returns doesn't mean that Hayden won't. And when in the world did Kairi even talk in 358/2 Days?

ZiggyK

Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

Not necessarily. For one, she isn't confirmed... secondly, just because Alyston Stoner returns doesn't mean that Hayden won't. And when in the world did Kairi even talk in 358/2 Days?

During a dream Roxas had. "It's my lucky charm, be sure to bring it back to me"

Didnt sound that good. I'm holding out for Hayden Panettiere or someone other than Alyson. Just because Alyson says shes coming back doesn't mean shes voicing Kairi.

Sempied

Didnt sound that good. I'm holding out for Hayden Panettiere or someone other than Alyson. Just because Alyson says shes coming back doesn't mean shes voicing Kairi.
Well if it's anything Hayden show Heroes was canceled, and last time I checked she doesn't have anything major that could attribute to her not being able to voice Kairi now from that on a very optimistic note.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Why did they even bother re-dubbing it if they were just using that line? They could've easily just used the original dub from KH1.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Why did they even bother re-dubbing it if they were just using that line? They could've easily just used the original dub from KH1.

Continuity, they did it in KH2 and they'll do it for every other recast where there are original scenes. There's nothing wrong with Alyson, guys: earlier in 358/2 days she says "I knew I'd find you snoozing down here." She sounds exactly like Hayden. Exactly.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Continuity, they did it in KH2 and they'll do it for every other recast where there are original scenes. There's nothing wrong with Alyson, guys: earlier in 358/2 days she says "I knew I'd find you snoozing down here." She sounds exactly like Hayden. Exactly.

This. Honestly, I didn't know there'd been a recasting until I got to the credits.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

To further prove my point:

YouTube - [USA] Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Walkthrough [24] ~ Day 27 - 50

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Destiny Islands Day 1

Hayden's just a little deeper, I don't think I've yet to hear a legitimate reason as to why everyone hates Alyson other than because she voiced Xion/replaced Hayden (reminds me of when Billy Zane was recast). You'll get over it.

I'm more concerned that if Haley and David can reprise their roles as Sora and Riku in every game, why can't Hayden?

And I still like Billy Zane more than Richard Epcar as Seeker of Darkness. Not saying I don't like Epcar because he plays a lot of characters I lik ein other things, but he never felt right for Xehanort's Heartless.

And Alyson doesn't fit Kairi for me because Hayden was Kairi.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

That still makes no sense as to why they re-casted Kairi just for those lines. If those lines were the exact ones from KH1, why recast? Recasting Xehanort for KH2 made sense because he had new lines... but for Kairi. She had no new lines at all whatsoever. It doesn't even make sense from a company's point of view becuase they have to spend more money recasting someone when they could've just used the exact same audio files from KH1. There's no point at all to re-cast her.

Sempied

That still makes no sense as to why they re-casted Kairi just for those lines. If those lines were the exact ones from KH1, why recast? Recasting Xehanort for KH2 made sense because he had new lines... but for Kairi. She had no new lines at all whatsoever. It doesn't even make sense from a company's point of view becuase they have to spend more money recasting someone when they could've just used the exact same audio files from KH1. There's no point at all to re-cast her.
Hayden was involved a lot more Hollywood exposure compared to others. (I Love You Beth Cooper, Heroes, etc.) As with HJO, and David who've had small parts here, and there with Haley being in a play.

And Billy Zane couldn't return because he moved, and had plenty of other projects to work on.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Hayden was involved a lot more Hollywood exposure compared to others. (I Love You Beth Cooper, Heroes, etc.) As with HJO, and David who've had small parts here, and there with Haley being in a play.

And Billy Zane couldn't return because he moved, and had plenty of other projects to work on.

...You don't get what I'm saying. I'm saying why bother getting another voice actress when they have all of the lines already recorded for Kairi? It doesn't make sense for them to spend more money on re-casting Kairi since they can just simply use KH1 Kairi's audio files because Kairi doesn't say anything new other than what she said from KH1. THAT'S what makes no sense.

Allister Rose

French Lover

I hope Isa VA is good.

also i hope Isa is spelled with two dots over the I.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

Like MomentoMori said, Isa's VA is the same as Saix's VA. The voice will probably be just like Saix's voice except a little younger. I mean Lea sounded exactly like Axel in the Japanese version.

OMG I'm so excited to hear Quinton Flynn as Lea. Both Kirk and Quinton are going to be awesome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back