• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Billy Zane Xehanort VS. Richard Epcar Xehanort

I take offense to this.

Zane kicked ass, but my reasoning for preferring Epcar is how incredibly dedicated he's been to the role all this time. Epcar has improved more and more with each and every KH game he's been in and has always been a proper gent to his fans.

Everything Theart stated is spot on. The man has also proven himself to be more than perfect in the role, considering his performance in BBS. When Terranort opened his mouth and started his speech about the Darkness, Mr. Epcar nailed his lines like the professional he is.

I understand many miss Zane, but it isn't like we are ever going to get him back. Ten years is a long time for people to hold out hope.

Of course, I understand this is an opinion thread so my opinion matches that of Theart.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Everything Theart stated is spot on. The man has also proven himself to be more than perfect in the role, considering his performance in BBS. When Terranort opened his mouth and started his speech about the Darkness, Mr. Epcar nailed his lines like the professional he is.

I understand many miss Zane, but it isn't like we are ever going to get him back. Of course, I understand this is an opinion thread so my opinion matches that of Theart.

I know, it was only a joke. I meant no disrespect. Like I said to Theart, everyone has their own individual opinion, I was simply stating mine only with a joke.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

When KH2 first came out I missed Zane's epic Ansem voice a lot. Epcar has shown to be a fine replacement for Zane as he perfected his role in the last few games. A part of me still misses Zane just not as much as I used to.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I think Zane make a better XH and would like him to come back for 3D but I prefer Epcar to play any other form of Xehanort

Firaga013

I honestly prefer Epcar, but they were both great. Zane should be back for Dream Drop Distance though cause Ansem was in the trailer. However, why can't I find a single picture of Paul St. Peter, Xemnas's actor?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Paul St. Peter sounds like a pseudonym so I don't think you'd actually be able to find much on him.

EDIT: I take that back!

Did you look at this?

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
What were your thoughts on Lance Bass as Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1?

Did you think he did a bad job as much as others try to say? I think that people grossly exaggerate how awful he is. I mean, it could be better, but I feel like the main "reason" people don't like it is because he was voiced by a homosexual singer.

To be honest, I really like him and think it fits quite well for the more youthful looking FFVII and KH1 Sephiroth. I don't think it would fit in the Compilation's Sephiroth, since he looks (even if he canonically isn't) much older than he did initially. I think he did a good job for what he was supposed to do. I don't know if he would be great in a voiced role, but there is always a possibility. I would have liked the Showdown of Fate Final Mix scene to have been in the English version, and voiced, to give us a better comparison.

Not dissing George Newbern though, because I really like him.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: What were your thoughts on Lance Bass as Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1?

You better not diss him. He's friends with Kevin Conroy. And Kevin Conroy is the Batman, bitch! But I really don't remember anything about Lance Bass Sephiroth, exept my brother made a homophobic joke about him.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

lol@the fact that people are actually voting for Epcar.

Is he dedicated? Is he nice? Is he cool? Yes to all. But this poll (I believe) is meant to be a comparison of the voices, and which one is objectively better acted. Billy Zane wins this hands down.

Worst recast ever.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I think Zane make a better XH and would like him to come back for 3D but I prefer Epcar to play any other form of Xehanort

^Pretty much this. I think that 3D should get Zane back for Ansem, because it will be awkward seeing Ansem SOD have a conversation with Xehanort and both having the same voice...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Worst recast award would have to go to Mena Suvari, actually.

(And why did you double post?)

And remember that lovely thread we had on "It wasn't the voice cast that sucked in KH2, but the director"? Yeah, in KH2 they told Epcar to just do whatever and hardly gave him any direction. I wouldn't say it was a bad recast, but the director didn't know how to do his/her job.

I think Epcar has owned up to his role and he is a vetern voice actor so he knows how to do his job. If you don't have a good director leading the way for the voice actor, there is no way they can do their job correctly.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

lol@the fact that people are actually voting for Epcar.

Is he dedicated? Is he nice? Is he cool? Yes to all. But this poll (I believe) is meant to be a comparison of the voices, and which one is objectively better acted. Billy Zane wins this hands down.

Worst recast ever.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I mean, I'm not sure if Zane is any of those things, but that does't matter, he's got a good voice. But I think they are voting for Epcar's voice, which I agree has improved, but I think that Zane was perfect.

Worst recast award would have to go to Mena Suvari, actually.

(And why did you double post?)

And remember that lovely thread we had on "It wasn't the voice cast that sucked in KH2, but the director"? Yeah, in KH2 they told Epcar to just do whatever and hardly gave him any direction. I wouldn't say it was a bad recast, but the director didn't know how to do his/her job.

I think Epcar has owned up to his role and he is a vetern voice actor so he knows how to do his job. If you don't have a good director leading the way for the voice actor, there is no way they can do their job correctly.

Who is Mena Suvari?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Aerith's KH2 and AC voice actress.

Thankfully she was recast in Crisis Core by Andrea Bowen.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Aerith's KH2 and AC voice actress.

Thankfully she was recast in Crisis Core by Andrea Bowen.

Oh. Alright, thanks for telling me. I was never paying much attention to it.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Billy Zane is no doubt the superior, talent wise. There's been no better voice acting in the series than his Ansem SOD (well, except maybe Nimoy's MX).

But, I respect Epcar more. He's more dedicated to the role, and has continued to get better with each game.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: What were your thoughts on Lance Bass as Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1?

Honestly...I never really thought anything of it until my brother told me that Lance Bass was his voice. I think he fit really well and still does, and I don't mind him. I have to agree that I think most of the reason why people don't like Lance Bass relies on the fact that Sephiroth is seen as this tall, mysterious, evil, powerful, muscular guy that fangirls can admire and fanboys can praise. However, when you find out Lance Bass, a homosexual former member of a US boyband is his voice, people get angry because it slightly kills their image of this man they saw beforehand. If Sephiroth was voiced by a girl and was a good voice I wouldn't care...I don't care about the person who voices them as much as the voice itself.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Billy Zane's battle quotes make him win this hands down. Just listen to how epic they are.

This is why I wouldn't mind having Earth taken over by Xehanort's Heartless.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I come in here expecting Haeralis at another one of his 'Billy Zane is superior to Richard Epcar' shpeals, and instead I find chuman :\

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I come in here expecting Haeralis at another one of his 'Billy Zane is superior to Richard Epcar' shpeals, and instead I find chuman :\

Just because I prefer Billy Zane over Richard Epcar doesn't mean I think that Epcar has no talent, he is very talented, but I'm just going by my opinion that Billy Zane was better than Richard Epcar, but others have their own opinions, I'm part of the half that likes Zane, and your part of the half that likes Epcar. This thread is all about opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back