• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meteora

That sounds reasonable.

Anyway, still wondering about my questions, but for the record, I have unlocked Final Episode and beat it (damn the second Terranort is a royal pain that I had to get Once More and Second Chance for it! O:<) but the rest of my questions still stand.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
- Ok

- Should've known.

- But what if I load that file up after saving it, then save it over again with the same exact file? I'm just hoping this does nothing as far as getting the Final Episode.

New set of questions if no one minds...:( and as I believe I should say this may contain possible SPOILers

1. Why does Mickey have a different keyblade here (the one Sora got for Valor Form in the tower) than the golden Kingdom Key?

2. Aqua promised to waken Ven later but didn't his heart go inside Roxas after Sora became a heartless (since Ven's heart was inside Sora prior to this)? After all Roxas did have a heart so wouldn't this be Ven's?

3. The Lingering Will (Terra's mind) still promises to "set things straight" even after the events of BBS, but what does it mean by this? What will it do?

4. Why does young Xehanort in Destiny Island look like Terra? Coincidence maybe? That just seemed weird because young Xehanort hardly resembles his older look. I mean he doesn't even have the pointy ears until later?

5. Also Terra-Xehanort lost to the Lingering Will so why didn't Terra get his body back? It even says before the fight "defeat Xehanort and get your body back!"

Finally let me get something straight. To get the Final Episode on Standard Mode (which I'm playing) I JUST need all the reports and finish the 3 storylines right? If so, is it true I have to finish Aqua's last? Or could I load up my Ven or Terra file and just beat the game with either of them, and then it'll ask me to save for the Final Episode? Anyway I just thought that whole thing was pointless. Why not just make it part of Aqua's regular story? Hers didn't seem that long after all and it's just Aqua you're playing as anyway. ):<

1 In te beginning of Kingdom Hearts I, Mickey set out to find a Keyblade from the RoD so he could close KH.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
David Boreanaz's Leon vs. Doug Erholtz's Leon

I much prefer David Boreanaz. Doug was okay in KH2 I guess, but in Dissidia's story mode I didn't like him at all.

Plus David's voice fits FFVIII Squall a lot more IMO. Doug's sounds a bit too old, where as I could easily picture someone as old as FFVIII Squall having David's voice, while also being able to believe that a 24 year old "Leon" could also have that voice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: David Boreanaz's Leon vs. Doug Erholtz's Leon

I've always had a preference for David Boreanaz considering I've always had a mad crush on the characters he plays. Angel! <3 Booth! <3 His rendition had more charm.

But I think Doug did a great job. He emoted better than David. EDIT: Also, I think Doug can inflect his voice better when it comes to expressing certain emotions.

Narukami

&#7435;&#618;&#628;&#610;&#7448;&#618;&#628; &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

There's this slight raspy tone in Doug's voice. I prefer David a lot better...
I didn't even know Leon had two different VA's in the series.

Rexy

Bronze Member

I prefer kh1 aerith as well

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.

When I first played KH2, I didn't even notice a difference between them, though that's probably because I wasn't aware of the difference, and didn't hear them back-to-back.

Well, I'm afraid this may be because of nostalgia, but I like David Boreanaz better, it just sounds a lot more "natural" to me. Doug Erholtz isn't bad either, he sounds great in Dissidia to me.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I always thought David was the best for Leon, but after comparing the two, Doug has a lot more emotion. I still prefer David as Leon, but I wish he added more emotion to his voice. XD; But Doug's pretty good, too!

...but BLOODY, I forgot Aerith's KH2 voice was that bad ;___; whyyyyyyyy

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Really? I thought that Doug was kind of bad at doing emotion, particular in Dissidia's story mode. I thought he just added a bit more emphasis on certain words, "go with them Sora, especially if you wanna find your friends" (bolded because I thought he added emphasis to that word for no real reason.

David was subtle, but he fit Squall perfectly IMO. He genuinely sounded confused with the "But why? Why would it choose a kid like you?"

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No, it sounded like David was reading a scrip, imho. It was sorta flat in comparison to his work on Bones or Buffy or Angel. No doubt that I think David was the better fit and given another try he'd have been even better, but Doug knows how to emote by using those emphasis on words.

Turn

(&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417;&#65374;&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

lol score one for stunt casting

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

liked him better in buffy the vamp slayer

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

David's lines are really flat.

Doug's is more nasal, and I think that fits him better with his condescending attitude.

[video=youtube;0OrPpqte-Lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OrPpqte-Lc[/video]

ICECOOL113

Oh god which one do I take?!

Well I voted for David Boreanaz because to me it sounded more like him as a character but then again I loved Doug Erholtz in Dissidia also so I'm kinda stuck

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I thought that Doug was at his best in KH2 to be honest. He did fine with the battle quotes in Dissidia, but in the cutscenes it was just... ugh.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Wait, I thought they all had the same voice actor? Guess I was wrong. I didn't really spot a difference.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Billy Zane Xehanort VS. Richard Epcar Xehanort

Okay, so we all know that Billy Zane is boss, but we also know that Richard Epcar is an excellent voice actor, so whoever wins, it's all good. So, who is the better Xehanort, Billy Zane or Richard Epcar? Vote now.

Last edited:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Re: Billy Zane Xehanort VS. Richard Epcar Xehanort

Okay, so we all know that Billy Zane is boss, but some people are fighting on the inside, trying to convince themselves that Epcar is better. So, who is the better Xehanort, Billy Zane or Richard Epcar? Vote now.

I take offense to this.

Zane kicked ass, but my reasoning for preferring Epcar is how incredibly dedicated he's been to the role all this time. Epcar has improved more and more with each and every KH game he's been in and has always been a proper gent to his fans.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re: Billy Zane Xehanort VS. Richard Epcar Xehanort

I take offense to this.

Zane kicked ass, but my reasoning for preferring Epcar is how incredibly dedicated he's been to the role all this time. Epcar has improved more and more with each and every KH game he's been in and has always been a proper gent to his fans.

It was a joke. Every fan has their own and unique opinion, mine is that Billy Zane is better. Anyone can like Billy Zane or Richard Epcar, I was simply stating my opinion, as a joke. I see you like Richard Epcar, which is fine, I was only making a joke. And I know Richard Epcar has always been dedicated, I just kind of miss Zane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back