• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~*~&~The Kairi Fan-Club~&~*~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
As people who like Kairi in her current incarnation, or are at least a lot more forgiving than some, how do you feel about the possibility that Kairi would be Blinded by the Light in KH3, thus serving as the Light equivalent of KH1 Riku?

Don't get me wrong, I love the character development that Riku got as a result of the events in KH1, but I don't think I would like it if something similar happened to Kairi. For one thing, the issues that led to Riku's fall had been festering for years, as Xehanort's Heartless indicated before battling Sora. He'd been dying to escape and get off the islands, and eventually it got to be too much, so he left his world to be swallowed by darkness all in the name of his big adventure.

Kairi doesn't quite beat to the same drum. While I believe her situation throughout the "Days" period led her to get desperate enough to want to leave the islands, it was all about protecting and helping her friends. She was worried that it was taking them too long to get back, and hated that they had to do all the dirty work for her. So when Axel and Pluto came along, she jumped right into the dark portal without a second thought. Can that be exploited by someone like Maleficent? Absolutely. But I don't necessarily believe that's the route that Square will, or should take.

I don't think that Kairi's flaws rest in any desire to make herself more important for her own sake. Her main problem is that she doesn't have the skills necessary to match her desire to help. I think it would be better if we saw her tagging along with Sora and Riku, only to truly come to understand what Sora meant by being in the way. I see her getting them into worse trouble than they would have been in normally, and learning that there is a time and a place to jump in swinging. Basically, she'd develop into a more reserved person who has to find her niche in the group and how she can best help them, while learning to become a better fighter.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Kairi doesn't quite beat to the same drum. While I believe her situation throughout the "Days" period led her to get desperate enough to want to leave the islands, it was all about protecting and helping her friends. She was worried that it was taking them too long to get back, and hated that they had to do all the dirty work for her. So when Axel and Pluto came along, she jumped right into the dark portal without a second thought. Can that be exploited by someone like Maleficent? Absolutely. But I don't necessarily believe that's the route that Square will, or should take.

Note, I'm not here to bash Kairi. Ahem.

About that last part.

Are they not taking that very same route with Terra? He uses his powers for his friends, not to become a Master. The only reason he begins to use the darkness is for his friends, to help them. Who's to say that Kairi doesn't try to use the only thing she has that sets her apart- her pure light? It's the same thing. The only difference is that he used darkness, and she'd use light. But the end result could be the same- becoming swallowed in the element. After all, light doesn't automatically mean good, just as darkness doesn't automatically mean evil.

Organization_42

Awards
I certainly understand what you're saying, and that's why I added this last part:

Can that be exploited by someone like Maleficent? Absolutely. But I don't necessarily believe that's the route that Square will, or should take.

Is it possible? Well, sure. I just wouldn't really like it if it happened, especially if it happens to Terra. If you take his journey, plus Riku's, and then have Kairi turning bad, even if it's only briefly, it'll have a feeling of been there, done that. I think it would be more unique if Kairi had a character journey that was opposite of Namine's. While Namine had to learn how to come out of her shell and overcome her fears to protect the people she loved, Kairi has to learn to restrain herself before she can really protect the people she loves. It would be better, to me at least, if she learned that dueling sessions with Sora and Riku would be much more helpful and productive than diving into a pit of Heartless.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Well, yes, but they did it before, nothing saying that they won't do it again.

Also, I'd rather that she didn't go along this route, either. It'd be more interesting if she learned to restrain herself, especially with the way I think of her, but who knows what Square will do with her character.

So far, they haven't done much.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Is it possible? Well, sure. I just wouldn't really like it if it happened, especially if it happens to Terra. If you take his journey, plus Riku's, and then have Kairi turning bad, even if it's only briefly, it'll have a feeling of been there, done that.

ah, good point. Now that I think about it, I'd probably like it a lot better if Kairi forged her own kind of story in KH3.

...i'ma make a topic now.
What are your favorite Kairi pairings?

[kaimyx fangirlism goes here]
:D

For a while I liked ZexionKairi too, but it was mostly because of this fic, lol;
Lights and Sounds, a Kingdom Hearts fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think Kairi being so gung ho about helping is kind of supportive to her being swallowed. Something along the lines of "I'm a person with a Heart of Pure Light, I'm the only one that can do this and this and that!" and the road from there to her saying "I'm the only person that can save the universe!" Is a short one, once her Element rubbed her of her common sense.
Riku wanted to help for the most part in KH1 too, after all.

As for Kairi couples, I was always amused by the notion of Olette/Kairi.
Other than that, I agree with TSW in KH1 - Riku's the guy for her. He's just what she needs to hold her back.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Yes, Riku would probably keep her grounded and do it more tactfully than Sora (he must have no patience for the girl) but personally, I don't see Kairi with him, especially considering that he doesn't really like her. Also, Riku more helped in KH1 for his own purposes, and competition than anything else.

Favorite Kairi pairing would be Kairi/Axel. I read one once, and it just made a little too much sense. But I don't read much work with her in it, so...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You're bordering hate there, LiLo, go no further :D even though I agree for the most part X3
Thus - I replied to you where is appropriate XD

Oooh, AkuKai. I could somehow see it had Axel not been portrayed as that much of a homo when he came to fetch her XD;
That and the fact we've never seen it happening after that scene @w@;;;

Lifes.Lover

Website
I was? Aw, dang, I was trying not to. Although, really, it wasn't actually bashing her there, so much as it was bashing Riku... right?

Well, he's portrayed as a homo pretty much all of over KH2, not just that scene. Plus, I read a few that expanded upon the scene- canonwise, no. Otherwise... maybe.

Organization_42

Awards
Well, yes, but they did it before, nothing saying that they won't do it again.

I think Kairi being so gung ho about helping is kind of supportive to her being swallowed. Something along the lines of "I'm a person with a Heart of Pure Light, I'm the only one that can do this and this and that!" and the road from there to her saying "I'm the only person that can save the universe!" Is a short one, once her Element rubbed her of her common sense.
Riku wanted to help for the most part in KH1 too, after all.

Again, I'm not saying it could never happen, just that I think it would be better for her character and the story itself if it didn't happen.

...i'ma make a topic now.
What are your favorite Kairi pairings?

Now, do we REALLY need me to answer that question? :E

I know this will come as a shock to you all, but I love pairing her with Demyx.

Besides him, I like her with Riku or Sora. Sora because that's part of what got me loving Kingdom Hearts in the first place, the idea of them secretly loving each other but never actually admitting it to themselves, and Riku because I like the idea of her being his light, and him teaching her how to defend herself properly. They'd be partners, friendly rivals, best friends, and lovers all rolled into one.

I would like the potential in AkuKairi if they were closer in age, but they aren't, so I can't really like it that much. Plus, they didn't exactly get to bond in KH2, given the circumstances. He's better off with Larxene or Aerith.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
o__0 are you doing this for like.. what? too much sake or what..?!

what.. why.. nevermind..-__-" ill tell that one member to join this club, he likes Kairi.. yay, new member for yoo..

i aint joining. even if you where to give me rep. well, maybe i would if you gave me rep.. nvm, its not worth it.

Organization_42

Awards
Which is why I, in turn, avoid the Kairi Hate Club. What's the point if I don't agree with it?

I think the reason why people keep doing it is because you're the one who started SA. They want to confirm that you haven't been converted to our side yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back