• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The "I'm not importing BbS and will avoid spoilers" Support Group

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
(I know there has been umpteen "ARE YOU IMPORTING BBS???!!!!" threads, but consider this one a place for those who aren't and those who are willing to resist the temptation of spoilers. A group rally.)

In just over two months, Birth by Sleep will be released in Japan. That means, for the folks not importing/willing to get spoiled, the FoKH (and the upcoming BbS section) will have to be avoided.

People will deal with this differently. Some will only stay outside of those two sections, some will ignore all of the KH sections, and still some won't even go near any KH sites. For those who are a part of this group, how are you going to particularly deal with the hiatus between the Japanese and English release of Birth by Sleep? Where will you draw the line between being spoiled and not spoiled (For example: Will you listen to the OST before you play the game? Will you watch playthroughs of at least the first world?)? Any advice you want to tell fellow FoKHers, or perhaps something you want to say before you leave?

As for myself, I think I'll probably leave the site altogether. Not entirely sure yet. I occasionally partake in non-KH sections, but it's not enough to keep me here. KH, and this site, is my guilty pleasure.

And I'd be a liar if I said that, being a KHfag, it would be easy to do this. The months will eat me up, I can tell you that now. BbS is the game I've been waiting for, the game many of us have been waiting for. This is probably what one would call an unhealthy addiction.

One of the worst parts of the wait will be knowing that others can speculate beyond BbS. How much were our theories put to shame? Is the truth something better or worse than what we've theorized? How will this reflect on future theories? If and when I come back, I'm sure I'll feel the unfamiliar feeling of being behind, in both news and theories.

In the past, I've been pretty good at keeping promises to myself concerning spoilers, in and out of the KH fandom.

For KH2, I was only spoiled on a couple things:
- Roxas was Sora's Nobody (SHOCK! An accidental confirmation of something so obvious.
- Caught a few second crappy quality glimpse of the final boss battle on YT. I admit, I broke. Looked it up. Luckily I could barely see what was going on since it was recorded on a camera. (Riku and Sora? Why are they spinning around everywhere?- Turns out it was the beginning of the battle where Xemnas produces the Nothing Vines. Sora and Riku were doing their limit). And I stopped myself.

Also listened to the soundtrack and watched the intro. Loved the intro, was disappointed by the soundtrack (aside from a few tracks, like the return of the 13th Struggle, a Fight to the Death, Sunset Horizons). But out of the context of the game, I realized that, in retrospect, I got the entirely wrong impression. The synchronizing was worse than KH1, sure, but not the actual songs. After playing the game, I found that my opinion on the OST had changed for many tracks. So I'm not really sure what I'll do with the BbS soundtrack.

As for KH2FM, I spoiled everything because, you know, it's the same game. And Days, spoiled rotten. Didn't really care, and I decided to spoil everything a long time ago. I do not at all regret that decision. However, for BbS, I want the whole experience and to be kept in the dark.

So, to recap, for BbS I will:
- POSSIBLY listen to the OST. At least a few tracks.
- Watch the intro. Maybe Land of Departure too but... ehh.
- I'll be careful in searching for non-spoiler reviews.

What about you? Share your story about KH spoilers in the past and how you'll deal with them in the future.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I have never managed to avoid spoilers in my life.

Hell, I eve searched up spoilers for the Land before Time when I heard it existed. Ever video game, television show, movie, book, all spoiled. Even the ones I didn't give a shit about, I'd do it anyways. And now, I'll probably spoil myself again. But, of course, as BBS is the only game out of BBS/Coded/Days that seems worth playing, I'm going to avoid spoilers as well as I possibly can.

But, here's a disappoinment, my brother lost my PSP right before BBS was announced to be for PSP. And still has not found it. Yeah... I'd like to hurt him.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Well, KH1 and 2 were both surprises for me. I knew next to nothing about Roxas and I'd never even gotten the Deep Dive scene from the first game. With Days, utterly spoiled mahself. D: But, that's due to the fact my family being broke and my not owning a DS. I didn't want to be behind.

I don't own a Psp, but that doesn't mean I want to spoil myself completely of BBS. I plan on perhaps seeing gameplay or the intro, maybe even some of the music [it's beautiful so far]. Complete avoidance of the ending and major plot points will be held until the game's released in the U.S. That way, I'll hopefully have had enough time to earn a psp... =w=

KingBlade

by sinspire^
This may be the most important game with the series so, if people decide just to spoil themselves like nothing, its their own fault if they regret. Though, I am importing the game, I don't know any Japanese. I say, just read reviews and maybe listeni to the OST if the names of the song spoiler anything, your screwed.

Silver warrior

I'm gonna be extra careful with bbs on the spoiler because in days I accidently read that xion is sora replica and it really was a very dissapointment.

I just hope this site get's more stricter on the spoilers.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i will not avoid the OST but i will be avoiding the story of all three. since it's by scenario, it wouldnt be safe avoiding only one and revealing something important in the other

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Back in the days where Kingdom Hearts was first out and that Chain of Memories was close to release, it was easy for me to avoid spoilers. After all, I wasn't interested in the internet much back then... or pretty much play random Java Games.

Though when I started using the internet more, that's when I spoiled myself silly with Kingdom Hearts II, except for those certain plot that I don't want to hear. I only spoiled myself with the bosses and that's pretty much it. But that was because of my impatience as the UK waited almost six months after the American release for KH2. Pretty much, I thought that was one of the worse examples of Square-Enix's releases. Ah well, at least it didn't have HUGE BOARDERS and shitty 50hz localisation. Shame what I've been waiting for the definite KH, I've been trounced with disappointment after my intelligence started to kick in.

After Kingdom Hearts II and my disappointment, I pretty much didn't care for keeping the storyline a surprise anymore. All I cared about is whether the storyline is written better than KH2 and whether the gameplay is better than KH2. So I lost the heart for the series and just wanted a game that I want to love unconditionally like the Original and Chain of Memories, by spoiling myself silly.

But will I spoil myself for Birth by Sleep? Might do, but I'm hoping I'll be too busy waiting for other releases and absorb myself in my Game Dev Course that I'll forget about KH.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm going to do what I did with Days: AVOID SPOILERS LIKE MAD D: I thought I got really spoiled for Days, when I actually didn't, and I spoiled myself purposely for KH2, though not with the storyline specifically. I wanted the intro, listened to the entire OST, and found out that Roxas was a Nobody and Ansem wasn't Ansem in some way. Thaaaat's about it. xD;

I might listen to the intro theme or some stuff from the OST, but that's about it; unless I'm running after the OST when it's released because I love KH music too much ;___; I won't be able to look in the FoKH and BbS sections for news for the main site, unfortuantely, so that'll be fun. xD;

and technically i'm importing the game, since I'm going to try and get the inevitable BbS PSP. :D~ But the game'll stay in it's box. And not get opened. EVAR. D:< Or at least until I beat the English version. :d

State

Awards
i won't access the future of kingdom hearts section nor the bbs one. i will avoid further spoilers and access khi the day the game gets released. i spoiled myself with days but, won't do it with bbs!

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
In just over two months, Birth by Sleep will be released in Japan. That means, for the folks not importing/willing to get spoiled, the FoKH (and the upcoming BbS section) will have to be avoided.

Ah ha, ah ha ha, ah ha ha ha. Cute. You think they really do keep the spoilers to those sections.

If and when I come back, I'm sure I'll feel the unfamiliar feeling of being behind, in both news and theories.

From experience I can tell you you're only as behind as you let yourself get. Granted, I didn't catch up on BBS info as that's part of my 'avoinding like hell fire' policy now, unlike in Days, but the info about the game itself isn't too much to catch up on - especially seeing how most of it will be covered in game and all xD; the thing to look up for is along the lines of Ultimanias and such.

What about you? Share your story about KH spoilers in the past and how you'll deal with them in the future.

Well, seeing how the only thing I know about Coded's plot I got from someone who no longer spoils me, I think I can manage to hang onto no more spoilers in that front... so long as I keep from venturing into the KHInsider main page XD;
So henceforth, the FoKH threads I venture into are ones I'm linked to and even then carefully.
I suppose I'll start staying out of the Days section to a point as well, seeing a certain reference to BBS that has to do with a certain favorite character of mine.

No sound track.
No videos.
No reading anything about the game save for when it's released.
As soon as it does, maybe wait a bit as I'm a pirate whore and I'll want someone else to be hit by Square's anti piracy protection.

I will not lie, however. A few theories of mine I might ask confirmation about, like I did for Days. Which those will be, however... well, I'll decide once I have someone who spoiled themselves silly to ask.

Here's to wishing luck to all of us.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I honestly don't care.Even with games that i'm waiting for that have been released elsewhere, i don't hesitate to look at videos, or catch a spoiler here and there. I'm okay with getting to a know the story early on, but as far as importing, it just becomes a waste of time for me. I did it with KH2FM+, and i did it with Dissidia, but i ended up selling Dissidia, for an enlgish version. As far as everyone else though, i'm capable of managing to keep spoilers to myself, so by the time BBS vids start popping up, you guys will have a lot to worry about, just like Days.

Candylanger

Awards
I wouldn't really want to spoil myself with BBS, Because, it's maybe the most important part in the KH series, and I want to learn about the story as I play it, which means that I have to avoid:

KHInsider front page
The KH section
Youtube (At least the ones that I subscribe to, that uploads KH videos)
Some fanclubs that might discuss spoilers for BBS

..... Something tells me that I wont be so lucky with avoiding the sites with spoilers ....

Muse

you look atrocious
Even though I spoiled myself about everything on Days, I think I'll avoid doing so for BBS.

Saying that, I'm going to pull a Smile and try to avoid the site as much as I can.

Awards
Ah ha, ah ha ha, ah ha ha ha. Cute. You think they really do keep the spoilers to those sections.

No, hence the different ways in which people approach this: Avoiding just BbS/FoKH, avoiding all the KH sections, or avoiding the site altogether.

Depending on how much you're willing to avoid, there are different strategies for avoiding spoilers. You should know this, it's like an art form.

I remember back before Deathly Hallows was released, I still went and looked up YT videos on it. I was careful with what I searched, what videos looked suspicious (could be made intentionally to look normal and then throw a spoiler at you), and I avoided the comments altogether (knowing full well that some assholes would be screaming spoilers in caps locks).

It worked, but there's always a level of risk. People can choose to only stay out of the BbS/FoKH section, and that's fine, but spoiler free zones cannot be insured. Gotta look out for the idiots.

Like the kind that would put spoilers IN THE DAMN TITLE. See threads with the titles along the lines of: HUH?? XION IS SORA'S REPLICA!!???1

Muse

you look atrocious
Gotta look out for the idiots.

Like the kind that would put spoilers IN THE DAMN TITLE. See threads with the titles along the lines of: HUH?? XION IS SORA'S REPLICA!!???1

And THAT is the very reason why I have a link to the sticky regarding spoilers in my sig. Not like anyone bothers reading it, of course. :/

That's also the reason why I'm going to ignore the existence of the KH sections and most FC's, should I go on the site.

So I'm a concept now?

You know I love you. :D

Allister Rose

French Lover
i dont see why people choose to avoid OST. when playing the game sometimes it's difficult to hear the backgroundd and dont get to enjoy it as much. so spoiling OST wouldn't be much of spoiling as story and revealing terminology

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
i dont see why people choose to avoid OST. when playing the game sometimes it's difficult to hear the backgroundd and dont get to enjoy it as much. so spoiling OST wouldn't be much of spoiling as story and revealing terminology

OST....what do you mean, the soundtrack...? I listened all through the OST of KH2 before it was released, and needless to say, i wasn't completely impressed until i played the game. I guess i can agree that looking at spoilers can defeat the fun of game, and if that's the attitude you've had with this type of thing, then it is best if you avoid the forums until actual release. Then again that could be quite a while considering when we get BBS after japan does.

Candylanger

Awards

I have to agree with you there, the BBS OST don't spoil much, but the song titles may have some spoiler that people would like to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back