• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Aqua Issue..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronove

With Birth By Sleep Volume Two looking to be the new game coming out besides Dream Drop Distance, I've found it appropriate to focus on Aqua moreso than anyone else in my replaying of Birth By Sleep.

Now, the key issue with Birth By Sleep Volume Two(The ending), is how "off" Aqua seems to be.
An interpretation of her "offness", and a fair one, is that all fending for your life and no play makes Aqua a sad girl. However, I don't think that's quite enough. Aqua's offbeat attitude isn't the only thing that troubles me.

There are two things that seem odd. When Aqua approaches Ansem the Wise, even when she sees him from far away, she does not have Master Eraqus's keyblade equipped. That's just odd, explainable but still rather odd, as we've seen from the Secret Episode the Realm of Darkness is not a place to take chances.

That by itself would merely be an off sounding chord, but the other issue to me is how Aqua doesn't seem to have known about the worlds falling into darkness. That was fine when the secret ending of Birth By Sleep Reconnect was out, but it's unacceptable now.

Do remember, In the secret ending Birth By Sleep Volume Two, Aqua clearly sees a world fallen into darkness. Furthermore, that world fell into darkness before Aqua met Ansem the Wise.

There are two options that I see to explain this deliberate contradiction.

1.Aqua has been using the powers of Darkness. In the secret ending, Ansem the Wise even mentions that using the powers of darkness messed up his memories. The same could apply to Aqua.

2.We're dealing with time travel shenanigans here. This option is just as valid as the first one, and the ending Birth By Sleep Volume Two seems to hint at it by showing Sora and Ven disappearing.

Both options can explain Aqua's lack of Keyblade in the secret ending, although the idea I have in mind in option two to explain Aqua's lack of keyblade is silly. Awesome, but silly.

So do you guys feel the same way? Please, do tell me what you think.

Xammag

With Birth By Sleep Volume Two looking to be the new game coming out besides Dream Drop Distance, I've found it appropriate to focus on Aqua moreso than anyone else in my replaying of Birth By Sleep.

Now, the key issue with Birth By Sleep Volume Two(The ending), is how "off" Aqua seems to be.
An interpretation of her "offness", and a fair one, is that all fending for your life and no play makes Aqua a sad girl. However, I don't think that's quite enough. Aqua's offbeat attitude isn't the only thing that troubles me.

There are two things that seem odd. When Aqua approaches Ansem the Wise, even when she sees him from far away, she does not have Master Eraqus's keyblade equipped. That's just odd, explainable but still rather odd, as we've seen from the Secret Episode the Realm of Darkness is not a place to take chances.

That by itself would merely be an off sounding chord, but the other issue to me is how Aqua doesn't seem to have known about the worlds falling into darkness. That was fine when the secret ending of Birth By Sleep Reconnect was out, but it's unacceptable now.

Do remember, In the secret ending Birth By Sleep Volume Two, Aqua clearly sees a world fallen into darkness. Furthermore, that world fell into darkness before Aqua met Ansem the Wise.

There are two options that I see to explain this deliberate contradiction.

1.Aqua has been using the powers of Darkness. In the secret ending, Ansem the Wise even mentions that using the powers of darkness messed up his memories. The same could apply to Aqua.

2.We're dealing with time travel shenanigans here. This option is just as valid as the first one, and the ending Birth By Sleep Volume Two seems to hint at it by showing Sora and Ven disappearing.

Both options can explain Aqua's lack of Keyblade in the secret ending, although the idea I have in mind in option two to explain Aqua's lack of keyblade is silly. Awesome, but silly.

So do you guys feel the same way? Please, do tell me what you think.

Can you put up the quote where Ansem says using darkness messes with your memories? I just remember that being in the Realm of Darkness will lead you into oblivion unless you keep reminding yourself of who you are.

Ronove

Oh, well, Ansem didn't say it was the usage of the Darkness that caused memory loss, he merely mentioned that most of his memories have been lost, but given that the only force shown to have an adverse effect on people's bodies and minds is darkness, and given that Ansem the wise used a whole bunch of darkness acting as Diz, I sort of put two and two together.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Oh, well, Ansem didn't say it was the usage of the Darkness that caused memory loss, he merely mentioned that most of his memories have been lost, but given that the only force shown to have an adverse effect on people's bodies and minds is darkness, and given that Ansem the wise used a whole bunch of darkness acting as Diz, I sort of put two and two together.

The impression I got from that was that being in the Realm of Darkness is the thing that stripped Ansem of his memories, which would apply to Aqua too even if she didn't use the darkness.

Plus, being in the Realm of Darkness could mess with one's sense of reality, too -- just because Aqua runs into Realm of Darkness versions of the places she knows doesn't mean she'll necessarily realize what that means for the Realm of Light.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well, she lost her Master, her home, and essentially has no concept of how Terra or Ven are doing.

She didn't have it equipped when she was walking through the RoD either, before the Darksides appeared.

Aqua could think that every world has a dark counterpart, until she gets clarification from Ansem that the worlds had indeed fallen to darkness before they were saved by Sora.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
First off, not having her Keyblade out doesn't mean anything. In the scene she is just talking to AtW, there'd be no reason to take the time and add her Keyblade into the scene, and she's sitting down most the time, so, yeah.

And she says "Did something happened to the worlds out there?" or something like that. You can take that as she has no idea why those worlds appear in the RoD, and neither do we because for the longest time we've been knowing that End of The World is where the worlds fallen to darkness go. She's probably been assuming something happened in the RoL, but was never absolutely positive if that was so.

Megavoltage

Awards
Aqua has been using the powers of Darkness
I think this idea is fascinating. "The darkness doesn't interest me." is what Aqua said to Hades, using darkness just isn't her style. So some profound reason would have to come up for her to start using it.

Terra channeled darkness in desperate situations like when he saved Ven from Eraqus or in the showdown with Xehanort. Maybe Aqua will need the extra power to save someone or herself and rely on darkness?

Maybe Aqua will naturally absorb the powers of darkness by being in the RoD for so long?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Aqua doesn't show any signs of not having her memories. And she could have simply asked Ansem about what was happening on the outside because she really has no idea what is happening on the outside. Even if she ends up seeing a couple of worlds in the realm of darkness, that doesn't give evidence that she understands what is going on. And I doubt the people in the worlds themselves would fill Aqua in (maybe they will but I don't think it's one of those situations where they'd know what's going on themselves). Aqua just knows something's going on, Ansem showed evidence that he knew what was going on so Aqua asked him about it. :/

and about the darkness usage...idk Ansem said that Aqua reminded him of Sora and I doubt any person who's used darkness would be comparable. It really doesn't look to be in Aqua's character. Maybe she ends up having a darker mood, a darker mindset, a more depressing look about things but not a darkness user.

Caxm

Watch the BBS Red Eye vids. She gets attacked left and right

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Aqua doesn't show any signs of not having her memories. And she could have simply asked Ansem about what was happening on the outside because she really has no idea what is happening on the outside. Even if she ends up seeing a couple of worlds in the realm of darkness, that doesn't give evidence that she understands what is going on. And I doubt the people in the worlds themselves would fill Aqua in (maybe they will but I don't think it's one of those situations where they'd know what's going on themselves). Aqua just knows something's going on, Ansem showed evidence that he knew what was going on so Aqua asked him about it. :/

and about the darkness usage...idk Ansem said that Aqua reminded him of Sora and I doubt any person who's used darkness would be comparable. It really doesn't look to be in Aqua's character. Maybe she ends up having a darker mood, a darker mindset, a more depressing look about things but not a darkness user.
I agree with this so much.
Aqua has been through enough to warrant a change in mindset and demeanor. It makes sense that Aqua asks him what's going on, even after she sees the worlds that have fallen to darkness.

Stars

リク
I think this idea is fascinating. "The darkness doesn't interest me." is what Aqua said to Hades, using darkness just isn't her style. So some profound reason would have to come up for her to start using it.

Terra channeled darkness in desperate situations like when he saved Ven from Eraqus or in the showdown with Xehanort. Maybe Aqua will need the extra power to save someone or herself and rely on darkness?

Maybe Aqua will naturally absorb the powers of darkness by being in the RoD for so long?

Aqua absorb darkness? How? o_O

Crystal

Silver Member
I agree with this so much.
Aqua has been through enough to warrant a change in mindset and demeanor. It makes sense that Aqua asks him what's going on, even after she sees the worlds that have fallen to darkness.

I think it's because she saw what happen in RoD so she will ask what happen in Realm of Light, since those worlds she has been visited before in RoL.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think it's because she saw what happen in RoD so she will ask what happen in Realm of Light, since those worlds she has been visited before in RoL.
Agreed. There does not need to be time travel to allow for Aqua to question about the RoL.
For all she knows, there are dark counterparts to the worlds in the RoL.

Also, honestly... Aqua was Eraqus' pride. I cannot see her using the darkness willingly ever.

Crystal

Silver Member
Agreed. There does not need to be time travel to allow for Aqua to question about the RoL.
For all she knows, there are dark counterparts to the worlds in the RoL.

How time travel? o.o

Also, honestly... Aqua was Eraqus' pride. I cannot see her using the darkness willingly ever.

No. She won't willingly use darkness.
I don't know whether a strong light can be influence by darkness or not since she was in RoD for long time.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
How time travel? o.o
Some people think because of the BBS:FM where time "rewinds" when she gets to Ansem, that there's time travel. But I really don't think there is.
I also don't think she showed any signs of memory loss.

No. She won't willingly use darkness.
I don't know whether a strong light can be influence by darkness or not since she was in RoD for long time.
That's the only way I can see her using darkness, if it it influences her. But, from Blank Points, she still seemed to be herself... she just seemed tired of fighting.

Crystal

Silver Member
Some people think because of the BBS:FM where time "rewinds" when she gets to Ansem, that there's time travel. But I really don't think there is.
I also don't think she showed any signs of memory loss.

The scene was happen after KH2,no? It just make me confusing lol
No. Aqua never loss memory if not she won't remember her friends.

That's the only way I can see her using darkness, if it it influences her. But, from Blank Points, she still seemed to be herself... she just seemed tired of fighting.

Yeah. Wonder how many Heartless she had to faced.
Poor Aqua D:

Off Topic : By the way, 10 posts to achieve your premium..Congratz :D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The scene was happen after KH2,no? It just make me confusing lol
No. Aqua never loss memory if not she won't remember her friends.
Blank Points with Aqua and Ansem was after KH2.
But the BBS:FM where Castle of Dreams falls to darkness is before KH1.
So people think because she doesn't mention the worlds in Blank Points there's time travel. But I don't think so.
And exactly, if there was memory loss she wouldn't have remembered Terra and Ven.

Yeah. Wonder how many Heartless she had to faced.
Poor Aqua D:
So many. ;__; They were never ending, she seemed so tired.

Off Topic : By the way, 10 posts to achieve your premium..Congratz :D
8D Thank you Crystal~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back