• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Aqua Issue..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megavoltage

Awards
She won't willingly use darkness.
But that's just it! Maybe it's not willingly. Perhaps unwanted darkness will seep into her as she travels the RoD. She'd hate herself for something like to happen and that's the sort of sad story lines I'm expecting from this depressing RoD adventure.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
But that's just it! Maybe it's not willingly. Perhaps unwanted darkness will seep into her as she travels the RoD. She'd hate herself for something like to happen and that's the sort of sad story lines I'm expecting from this depressing RoD adventure.
Isn't that just kicking poor Aqua when she's already down and out?
A dead Master, a destroyed home, loss of all her friends, complete isolation, destruction of her hope (seeing the worlds in darkness), constant fighting for her life. Then, on top of it, she loses her ability to continue the path her Master wanted her to walk. D:

Megavoltage

Awards
Isn't that just kicking poor Aqua when she's already down and out?
A dead Master, a destroyed home, loss of all her friends, complete isolation, destruction of her hope (seeing the worlds in darkness), constant fighting for her life. Then, on top of it, she loses her ability to continue the path her Master wanted her to walk. D:
It's all so sad. But this is what I'm foreseeing, Aqua's life will get even more terrible as BBS2 goes on. Maybe she'll have another suicidal breakdown. :(

Assuming this "Dark Aqua" stuff actually happens I have a couple ideas on why Ansem still compared Aqua to Sora. Ansem knows that Riku used darkness for good and that darkness isn't always pure evil, it just depends on its use. Ansem would sense a heroic soul in Aqua even if she has darkness in her. Or Aqua managed to fight off the darkness before meeting Ansem.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It's all so sad. But this is what I'm foreseeing, Aqua's life will get even more terrible as BBS2 goes on. Maybe she'll have another suicidal breakdown. :(
Watching terrible things happen to Aqua makes me depressed, I'm wondering if her suicidal break was after she sees CoD in the RoD.

Assuming this "Dark Aqua" stuff actually happens I have a couple ideas on why Ansem still compared Aqua to Sora. Ansem knows that Riku used darkness for good and that darkness isn't always pure evil, it just depends on its use. Ansem would sense a heroic soul in Aqua even if she has darkness in her. Or Aqua managed to fight off the darkness before meeting Ansem.
I think Ansem compared her to Sora because despite all of the things that happened to Sora, he keeps his light.
If Ansem had compared her to Riku I could definitely see that as a steady foundation for her to wield the powers of darkness.
If Aqua failed her Master by falling off the path he wanted for her, on top of not being able to save Terra and Ven... -shakes head- That would be too much. People want her to meet Xemnas in the RoD too. Which is another "nail in the coffin".

Ikkin

Bronze Member

The way I understand it from the rewinding thing, Aqua's suicidal breakdown takes place after BbSv2, so the game could explain how she got to that state.

Though, man, it'd be hard to imagine a game ending in a more depressing way than BbS itself did. XD;

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The way I understand it from the rewinding thing, Aqua's suicidal breakdown takes place after BbSv2, so the game could explain how she got to that state.

Though, man, it'd be hard to imagine a game ending in a more depressing way than BbS itself did. XD;
That's what I was thinking regarding her breakdown.
I can't imagine a sadder ending... poor TAV.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Oh, well, Ansem didn't say it was the usage of the Darkness that caused memory loss, he merely mentioned that most of his memories have been lost, but given that the only force shown to have an adverse effect on people's bodies and minds is darkness, and given that Ansem the wise used a whole bunch of darkness acting as Diz, I sort of put two and two together.

No, Ansem lost his memories from the impact of the explosion of his machine. Nothing to do with the Realm of Darkness.

And I'm pretty sure that Aqua not having her keyblade out doesn't mean anything... it just means she wasn't in combat. If you've been walking around a random cave-like realm for that long of time, would you want to carry around a heavy piece of metal with you? No you wouldn't. And again, like others have said saying "Are the worlds in danger?" could simply mean that Aqua was meaning (I've seen these areas similar to those of worlds in the realm of light. Did something happen?) I really don't see any need for a "memory wipe" or a "time rewrite" plot device.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
No, Ansem lost his memories from the impact of the explosion of his machine. Nothing to do with the Realm of Darkness.

And I'm pretty sure that Aqua not having her keyblade out doesn't mean anything... it just means she wasn't in combat. If you've been walking around a random cave-like realm for that long of time, would you want to carry around a heavy piece of metal with you? No you wouldn't. And again, like others have said saying "Are the worlds in danger?" could simply mean that Aqua was meaning (I've seen these areas similar to those of worlds in the realm of light. Did something happen?) I really don't see any need for a "memory wipe" or a "time rewrite" plot device.
I'm glad there are people who don't see the need for a time/memory plot device. They can handle Aqua's time in the RoD easily without those.

Crystal

Silver Member
Blank Points with Aqua and Ansem was after KH2.
But the BBS:FM where Castle of Dreams falls to darkness is before KH1.
So people think because she doesn't mention the worlds in Blank Points there's time travel. But I don't think so.
And exactly, if there was memory loss she wouldn't have remembered Terra and Ven.

In the scene, AtW did stated he meet Sora a year ago?
It will concluded the scene happen after KH2.
Somewhere speculated darkness makes her lost memory xD Will darkness actually make someone lost memory?

So many. ;__; They were never ending, she seemed so tired.

Just like you said, dead master, losing her both friends and fall into darkness.
What a tragic for Aqua.

Will get influence, maybe.

Awards
Well about the keyblade, that shouldn't be noted as an "issue". Yeah, there's a lot of danger in the dark realm, but it's not like summoning the keyblade takes long. And yeah, she saw a world fallen into darkness. Your point? She didn't even know that world fell into darkness, nor should she have. Ur argument makes absolutely no sense, because it has nothing to support it, and I have no idea where u got these assumptions.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
In the scene, AtW did stated he meet Sora a year ago?
It will concluded the scene happen after KH2.
Somewhere speculated darkness makes her lost memory xD Will darkness actually make someone lost memory?
Yeah, Ansem says something along the lines of, "How long has it been since I met him? A year, perhaps more."
So it's pretty much confirmed that the scene with Aqua and Ansem happens after KH2.

I've never heard of darkness making anyone in the series lose their memory... She seemed like she remembered everything.

Crystal

Silver Member
Yeah, Ansem says something along the lines of, "How long has it been since I met him? A year, perhaps more."
So it's pretty much confirmed that the scene with Aqua and Ansem happens after KH2.

I've never heard of darkness making anyone in the series lose their memory... She seemed like she remembered everything.

Yeah.That's the conversation xD
Then what evidence leads to believe Aqua lose memory? Looking tired :p

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah.That's the conversation xD
Then what evidence leads to believe Aqua lose memory? Looking tired :p
XD I don't think there is evidence... I think people are considering memory loss because she doesn't mention Castle of Dreams or any other world she's found in the RoD to Ansem.

Crystal

Silver Member
XD I don't think there is evidence... I think people are considering memory loss because she doesn't mention Castle of Dreams or any other world she's found in the RoD to Ansem.

She did felt shock when saw CoD ,no? lol

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Even if she doesn't mention the worlds she may have seen to Ansem, I doubt she'd bring it up so quickly in their conversation. But seriously the crap that Aqua potentially goes through in the RoD is just overkill when you think about it. This is the heartless in their freakin home field, I mean...they're registered citizens and stuff. They'll be at every corner you turn, plus she has the keyblade with her to boot, now they'll be attracted to her like moths D:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I've to agree with Relix, who says the conversation between Aqua and Ansem we see in Blank Points was the full one?

now they'll be attracted to her like moths D:
Yeah, and then they die like moths...Aqua must have the highest kill-ratio of the keyblade-wielders shown so far.

digimikej

Awards
I agree that its very sad what aquas been through, but i think its kinda proof that aquas pretty strong that she lasted 12 years in the heartless homeland. and i believe aquas dark mood may be half whats happened, half darkness influence. because i dont remember which form of xehanort said it, but it was something along the lines of "the brightest light leaves a darker shadow". so that, and its the RoD so darkness has to be influencing her somehow.

Ulicies

I would be very interested to see the darkness somehow influence Aqua. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if she stays in the light, due to above-mentioned comparisons with Sora, and also due to her strength and sheer will, obviously chronicled by her ability to survive for such an amount of time. I believe that if she is indeed affected by the darkness, we'll see it very early on in BBSV2. The people who are usually involuntarily affected by darkness are the people who are more susceptible to it, and show early, if not immediate, signs of change. Therefore, Aqua's will (will equaling willpower) is not only shown to be strong enough to survive for many years (didn't someone say that time slows down in RoD? So 10 years in RoL would perhaps be around 15 or so years in RoD?), but also to resist the darkness entirely. Unless she abruptly learns more about the darkness in BBSV2, doesn't she still believe that Darkness is evil incarnate? Wouldn't that belief be as powerful as her bond with her friends? In other words, wouldn't that will to resist darkness be just as powerful as her will to reunite with Terra and Ventus?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As for the time issue, it's exactly the other way around.

10 years in the Realm of Light are about 10 hours in the Realm of Darkness, that's why Aqua only aged chronologically and not physically.

Her wayfinder is indeed likely to influence her abilities to resist the darkness. After all, she knows very clearly that it was "darkness" commanded by Master Xehanort which destroyed the lives of her two best friends, destroyed her home and killed her master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back