• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Aqua Issue..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulicies

As for the time issue, it's exactly the other way around.

10 years in the Realm of Light are about 10 hours in the Realm of Darkness, that's why Aqua only aged chronologically and not physically.

Her wayfinder is indeed likely to influence her abilities to resist the darkness. After all, she knows very clearly that it was "darkness" commanded by Master Xehanort which destroyed the lives of her two best friends, destroyed her home and killed her master.
Ah.

But I still think that she won't be affected by the darkness until she either chooses to give in for the sake of someone else, or for her own sake. I believe her will to stay in the light is too strong for her to be inherently, involuntarily affected by the darkness.

I have a question: As far as I know, Sora's only instance with darkness happened when he gave up his heart for Kairi's sake. But I haven't beaten KH1, BBS, or Coded, so is there any other occurrence where Sora is affected by the darkness that I don't know about?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To "give in" would mean to succumb to darkness, I don't think we'll ever see that from Aqua.

In BBS Sora is 4 years old, so no, lol.

In Coded the real Sora doesn't even appear for long, as (Data) Sora is the protagonist.

Only thing left there would be Anti-Form in KH 2.

Ulicies

To "give in" would mean to succumb to darkness, I don't think we'll ever see that from Aqua.

Only thing left there would be Anti-Form in KH 2.
Potentially if Sora was willing to sacrifice himself for Kairi, theoretically speaking I could imagine Aqua reenacting a similar gesture for Terra or Ventus. But you are true, I wouldn't ever imagine Aqua succumbing to darkness out of weakness.

I forgot about the anti-form from KH2, but I almost feel like that was for the sake of interesting gameplay, rather than actual canon. Am I wrong? Perhaps that was the physical embodiment of Sora's struggle with darkness ever since the events of KH1?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Aqua actually can't pull such a sacrifice now, as for example Ventus could never be rescued if Aqua is gone...and her sacrificing herself wouldn't have any impact on Terra's situation either.

The Anti-Form in KH 2 had two meanings, one gameplay-wise and one story-wise. Gameplay-wise it was a penalty for over-using drive forms, storywise it was the manifestation from Sora's own darkness still existent in his heart.

Even if it's very small, Sora has a normal heart which has darkness after all.

Ronove

Woah, this topic blew up while I was away.

Another thing to consider is gameplay conventions. Would it really make sense to start Aqua off with Master Keeper, or would it be better for her to lose that keyblade in order to stimulate a leveling experience?

With that in mind, I think some sort of story event will have to justify the need to level up and get new keyblades.

Ulicies

With that in mind, I think some sort of story event will have to justify the need to level up and get new keyblades.
Is there really going to be any keyblades to obtain in the RoD? Perhaps the counterpart keyblades? And even if that's true, is there really any relevance to the canon about getting new keyblades?

Ronove

Is there really going to be any keyblades to obtain in the RoD? Perhaps the counterpart keyblades? And even if that's true, is there really any relevance to the canon about getting new keyblades?

Well, it's not a Kingdom Hearts game if you don't level up and get new keyblades.

And yes, the keyblades are relevant. Chaos Ripper represented Terra's darkness corrupting him, Brightcrest represents Aqua's ultimate resolve, Destiny's Embrace is of course Kairi's influence, etc.

The keychains and such have always been somewhat important.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Something I thought of this morning, was that if Aqua did gain/obtain the power of darkness by simply being in the RoD... would mean that she would gain the power to use the CoD.
So she wouldn't have to stay in the RoD if that was the case...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Something I thought of this morning, was that if Aqua did gain/obtain the power of darkness by simply being in the RoD... would mean that she would gain the power to use the CoD.

Uhh yeah, but then where is she?
And if that's the case why would she still be needed to stand on Sora's save-list?

Megavoltage

Awards
Maybe she'll master the powers of darkness willingly or it'll just seep into her but at the end of the game she could get home with a CoD.
Or Ansem gets his memories back and with his memories comes his power over darkness, he could be the one to conjure a CoD.

Whatever happens I really want Aqua and Ansem to get home at the end of BBS2. I think the Blank Points list of victims is too large for everyone to be saved in Kingdom Hearts 3, it would be overload to do it all in one game so at least a couple should find freedom before KH3.

Crystal

Silver Member
Maybe she'll master the powers of darkness willingly or it'll just seep into her but at the end of the game she could get home with a CoD.
Or Ansem gets his memories back and with his memories comes his power over darkness, he could be the one to conjure a CoD.

Whatever happens I really want Aqua and Ansem to get home at the end of BBS2. I think the Blank Points list of victims is too large for everyone to be saved in Kingdom Hearts 3, it would be overload to do it all in one game so at least a couple should find freedom before KH3.

Aqua knows the darkness is something bad, so i don't think she will master her power of darkness, that will makes her lost the qualification of being a Keyblade master,no?

Megavoltage

Awards
Aqua knows the darkness is something bad, so i don't think she will master her power of darkness, that will makes her lost the qualification of being a Keyblade master,no?
Aqua thinks that darkness is bad, yes. Maybe in this adventure she'll learn that darkness isn't necessarily evil, it's just how you use it. Like how Riku and Terra used darkness to be forces of good.

You're probably right that she'd never use darkness willingly. But I think it would be an interesting story arc if darkness forced itself into her being.

If Aqua used darkness she might lose her qualifications to be a Master in Eraqus's personal judgment. But she'd still be a Master. Xehanort uses darkness and is blatantly evil but he still achieved mastery.

Ronove

This. I've said it before, but the biggest tragedy of Eraqus is that he's WRONG. Darkness is NOT evil, but Eraqus IS indeed a good man.

This leads to an interesting issue. Will Aqua stay loyal to Eraqus's teaching and shut off darkness completely, or will she become more independent in her thoughts?

It really depends on what transpires in Birth By Sleep Two, I think.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Absolutely not. I mean, it's pretty clear to us, the players, that Eraqus' beliefs of absolute light are NOT the way to go. He let his biased judgement get in the way of the exam, when he was all prepared to make Terra a Master but let MX's cryptic words about Terra's darkness get the best of him.

Keyblade Masters are determined by strength of heart, not alliance of light or darkness.

Dr_Mario64

I think this idea is fascinating. "The darkness doesn't interest me." is what Aqua said to Hades, using darkness just isn't her style. So some profound reason would have to come up for her to start using it.

Terra channeled darkness in desperate situations like when he saved Ven from Eraqus or in the showdown with Xehanort. Maybe Aqua will need the extra power to save someone or herself and rely on darkness?

Maybe Aqua will naturally absorb the powers of darkness by being in the RoD for so long?

Like everyone else here I don't know lot about the ROD. No one does really, but "absorbing" darkness is a real possibility. Just look at what happened to Maleficent. She thought she had a handle on darkness but never realized that she had drawn to close to it and was eventually consumed by it. If that's any indication of the powers of darkness, it means that anyone who enterst the rod will not only be consumed by it but possibly transformed into an entirely new dark being. After all, what little darkness that was in Ven's heart was enough to warrant the creation of an entirely new person, Vanitas. I think we're underestimating the power of the rod and darkness in general.

Stars

リク

That's only applied to Master Eraqus whom view the light as absolute... but in MX view, he would make somebody who use darkness as keyblade master

Xammag

Like everyone else here I don't know lot about the ROD. No one does really, but "absorbing" darkness is a real possibility. Just look at what happened to Maleficent. She thought she had a handle on darkness but never realized that she had drawn to close to it and was eventually consumed by it. If that's any indication of the powers of darkness, it means that anyone who enterst the rod will not only be consumed by it but possibly transformed into an entirely new dark being. After all, what little darkness that was in Ven's heart was enough to warrant the creation of an entirely new person, Vanitas. I think we're underestimating the power of the rod and darkness in general.

Yes, after searching just what the RoD was and where exactly KH was in it, I gave up. It's not clear at all.

For example, the Door to Darkness leads to the RoD, but the Door of Darkness can also lead directly to KH.

Crystal

Silver Member
Keyblade Masters are determined by strength of heart, not alliance of light or darkness.

Then why Terra can't get an official title of Keyblade Master, since his stength was much stronger than Aqua?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Uhh yeah, but then where is she?
And if that's the case why would she still be needed to stand on Sora's save-list?
That was kinda my point... if she did have the powers of darkness she would be able to leave the RoD... and wouldn't be stuck. So... she wouldn't need saving. XD

Absolutely not. I mean, it's pretty clear to us, the players, that Eraqus' beliefs of absolute light are NOT the way to go. He let his biased judgement get in the way of the exam, when he was all prepared to make Terra a Master but let MX's cryptic words about Terra's darkness get the best of him.

That's true, and I agree with you. BUT, by the Keyblade Graveyard Aqua hasn't seemed to change her stance on darkness:
Aqua said:
"What else is darkness but hate and rage? Tell me Terra, how does that honor our Master's memory?"
So why would she change her mind later?

Stars

リク
Then why Terra can't get an official title of Keyblade Master, since his stength was much stronger than Aqua?

Even though Terra has strength, but he use darkness which Master Eraqus would make him failed, because Eraqus believed only in light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back