• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Tetsuya Nomura Interview at Japan Expo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That's really interesting that they actually made real clothes to model off of for FFXV. I'm actually curious to see if they would be willing to show pictures.

They did show off a few outfits years ago:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Disney blocking star wars world? Nomura watching more movies than me to the point where they meld in his life?

Officially, this is a worthwhile interview.

Pretty much all old info on the KH side lol

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh sweet, that's pretty cool!

As far as the Marvel and Star Wars thing goes... you know, I don't believe they can do those franchises the same way they do the Disney movies. Buuuuuut I really don't think we should rule out the possibility.

Because let's be completely honest. Kingdom Hearts is a game in which Disney characters meet Final Fantasy characters. That concept alone is far weirder than having Marvel or Star Wars and yet somehow it worked. If Star Wars or Marvel does become a thing (I don't think they'll even really think about that until the next saga), I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. Because who knows... if they got Disney and Final Fantasy to mesh, then them getting Marvel and Star Wars to fit is a possibility.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Good interview.

I find it interesting how he answered the Marvel and SW questions. It's obvious that he himself would love to add SW to the series though at the moment he's not allowed to. I wonder, if the same restrictions and rules apply to Pixar and other Disney properties as well.
As of now I'm assuming we wont have any Marvel or SW in KH3, though by the way he worded it I wouldn't rule out references and the like.

Tetsuya Nomura : The Kingdom Hearts series always had Sora as the main character, so we want to make the most of Sora, playable Sora of course. But again, Kingdom Hearts III is going to be the last chapter of the Kingdom Hearts main numbering title series, so lots of fans actually want to play as their favorite characters in Kingdom Hearts III so we will consider that, we will listen to what fans wants but hopefully we could give you some surprises in the future announcements.

I think this is pretty interesting. I'm curious what he meant with this being the last entry in the Numbered Series? Does that mean there wont be a KH4 even though the series it self is continuing?
Also it kind of sounds promising for the possibility of playing as the other characters even if it ends up just being in multiplayer. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about this in future announcements.

Wave57

Awards
Perhaps he means that he won't name the next main game KHIV, but rather KH"Blahblahblahcooltitlehere"?

Or he could just be saying that it's the last of the arc. I wouldn't look too much into it.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Please by Kinchan let there be no Marvel world Ever. I don't really mind Star Wars although I think it's better left alone but I would hate there to be a Marvel world

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pretty much all old info on the KH side lol
Well, yeah, but I didn't know nomura watched like 3 movies a day. And I'm a film buff. As for the FFXV outfits, that's actually really fascinating. Going one step further than Pixar has done with their costumes(they hired tailors as consultants) and making something that an employee could actually steal and use as cosplay

Xagzan

Awards
I'm having a hard time picturing multiple scenarios with Sora, Riku, Mickey and the other wielders, so I bet they're going to make a multiplayer a la Days or BbS and have you select between all the plethora of characters available in KH3.

Except that mode sucked in Days.

Would really be bummed if that's all Kairi is relegated to after the 3D teaser.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Except that mode sucked in Days.

Would really be bummed if that's all Kairi is relegated to after the 3D teaser.

I preferred it to bbs's multiplayer, if only because you could play as characters like Donald, and Goofy.

I'd like a mix of both though.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Perhaps he means that he won't name the next main game KHIV, but rather KH"Blahblahblahcooltitlehere"?

That's what I was thinking. I'm thinking the next saga will have its own subtitle for the main console games (I wonder if the side-games will continue after this saga or not...).

I don't mind the idea of Marvel worlds so much, but having Darth Vader in the same game as Sora or Maleficent would be really strange to me. o_O

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well I'm glad the numbered titles are ending after kh3. It would have been silly to call the first game in the next saga kh4 XD

im really looking forward to the surprises nomura has planned

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Disney would be pretty thick-headed to not allow a Star Wars world. It's essentially free advertisement for people to watch the new SW movies, even if the movies don't honestly need it.

I think it's fairly smart. I mean, yes it is free advertisement, but what type? If SE messed either world up (which is easy to mess up when the fanbase of each, Marvel and Star Wars, are much bigger than KH's) the backlash would be terrible and it would end up as bad advertising and really hurt not only KH, but way those fanbases view Disney. They would blame it all on Disney and that's not something Disney should want.

Toy Story is probably one of the most requested worlds for KH ever. Wouldn't be surprised for it to be one of the first, if not the very first, Disney worlds announced, like how with 3D they showed off Notre Dame, which was another very requested world.

I definitely can see Pixar being the "surprise" we've all been waiting for and personally, that is a better surprise than Marvel or SW to me, since Marvel or SW isn't a great surprise to me lol

I hope it isn't just Toy Story or even just Pixar, I really can't wait to see movies KH picks. Tangled, PatF, WiR, so many great worlds they could choose, I cannot even wait.

Well I'm glad the numbered titles are ending after kh3. It would have been silly to call the first game in the next saga kh4 XD

That's very true. I cannot see someone new to the series picking up KH4 and being able to understand that they don't need any of the past games to understand it >_<

Atlan

Am I the only one who doesn't want Star Wars in KHIII.. I mean.. It would've been cool in any other one of them.. but not in this one... this one has to be loyal to the.. you know.. KH feel...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Am I the only one who doesn't want Star Wars in KHIII.. I mean.. It would've been cool in any other one of them.. but not in this one... this one has to be loyal to the.. you know.. KH feel...

No, you aren't. Many people don't want it. It would be weird and rather unwarranted. BBS was pretty damn close to being like SW anyways.

Atlan

You know.. I always pictured a Kh multiplayer mode in a big map like the one where you find Lingering Sentiment, and wherever you look there's guys hitting eachother with flashy attacks and lots of movement, kind of like a keyblade war multiplayer thing...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You know.. I always pictured a Kh multiplayer mode in a big map like the one where you find Lingering Sentiment, and wherever you look there's guys hitting eachother with flashy attacks and lots of movement, kind of like a keyblade war multiplayer thing...
You mean like this?

[video=youtube;jdf9ije8Lp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdf9ije8Lp0[/video]

Gram

Banned
Awards
I agree. xD It'd also be a bit of a turn off to newcomers seeing they've missed 3 (from their pov) games before.

I can't wait to see what surprises he's talking about. Hopefully their not SW or Marvel >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back