• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Coming December 20, 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series (Season 2, Ep. 1 Out NOW!)

I didn't even think Vince played that important of a role, in my playthrough anyway. He only showed up once and said he was going to rat on Tavia for smoking. I was really disappointed in the 400 Days characters appearances as well though. I saw each one of them, and other than Bonnie they were all lame scenes that I could tell were easily able to be cut out if those characters hadn't gone with Tavia. And it sucks that Bonnie was the one to automatically go with Tavia and get all of the screentime, because she was my least favorite character in 400 Days (not counting the douchie little sister). Oh well I guess. We''l just have to see if they make any more appearances, although I doubt it unless they show up for people who didn't have them all go to Carver's camp.

Also, can anybody tell me if they know if Kenny gets the shit beat out of him no matter what? He did on mine, and I didn't know if anybody was able to take any actions that didn't result in him basically losing his eye?

Yeah I'm hoping we see more of the 400 Days characters. I only saw Shel and Becca and they just talked about Sarah being hit.

I think Kenny gets beat up either way. I tried it two ways and it still happens. Sucks though.

I figure something else would have happened regardless to prevent her from spotting Clem, I don't see that part changing much.

I just don't like her that much. I don't hate her, I just liked everyone else better. Vince and Wyatt were my favorite, I agree that Wyatt would have been a very interesting character to put in that role.

I've been thinking that Kenny has been reminding me of the Governor more and more. He started out as a decent guy with good intentions will to do bad things for his family (I don't know if you read Rise of the Governor). Eventually he loses his wife and child, and starts to seem a little loopy here and there. Then they both have the missing eye. While Kenny isn't nearly as bad as the Governor yet, it just feels like it may be heading that way.

If Vince doesn't distract Tavia then you just leave without anything happening.

There are a lot of similarities between the Governor and Kenny but i'm hoping he doesn't turn out to be like him. :/

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

After that long wait, we FINALLY got a release date for the next episode: July 22. There's also a new trailer:

[video=youtube;0TgHThlzcWI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TgHThlzcWI[/video]

I have a bad feeling we're going to have to choose between Kenny or Luke. I honestly don't know who I'm gonna pick D: Also, great we're getting more of what's-her-name. She was the standout of the newly-introduced characters last episode.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

After that long wait, we FINALLY got a release date for the next episode: July 22. There's also a new trailer:

I have a bad feeling we're going to have to choose between Kenny or Luke. I honestly don't know who I'm gonna pick D: Also, great we're getting more of what's-her-name. She was the standout of the newly-introduced characters last episode.

If it comes to that, I'm gonna pick Kenny. I like Luke, but Kenny's my bro :/

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I was actually about to post the trailer so thanks. :D

First that music is fantastic. :D
I have that feeling they might make us choose too (i've had that feeling they'd make us choose ever since Kenny resurfaced). Kenny is giving me a vibe that he might just let the walkers get him based off what he says in the trailer "It was like I was floating away. Then I woke up". I hope he doesn't. D: Do you think if you cut off Sarita's arm there is going to be tension between Kenny and Clementine?
I believe what's-her-name is called Jane (not 100% though) but she does seem like a very interesting character.
Also the black guy (is his name Mike? I might just be spouting out wrong names now. :P) seems to be pretty reckless grabbing that walker by the throat. I don't think he's going to make it out of this episode. And they're keeping with the cliche of the baby coming at the worse time. xD

If it comes to that, I'm gonna pick Kenny. I like Luke, but Kenny's my bro :/

Me too, I'll choose Kenny. He's unstable now but he's been my favorite since the beginning so I can't quit on him now.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Do you think if you cut off Sarita's arm there is going to be tension between Kenny and Clementine?[/QUOTE]

[spoilers]I mean, if Clementine hadn't of done that, she would have died. I'd have thought he would be more upset if her arm WASN'T cut off.

I believe what's-her-name is called Jane (not 100% though) but she does seem like a very interesting character.
Also the black guy (is his name Mike? I might just be spouting out wrong names now. :P) seems to be pretty reckless grabbing that walker by the throat. I don't think he's going to make it out of this episode. And they're keeping with the cliche of the baby coming at the worse time. xD

Yes, I believe her name is Jane. It's just hard to remember because they never actually say her name in the episode except for the "x will remember that" parts. She reminds me a lot of Michonne because of her attitude (and rubbing zombie guts on herself). I really don't know what to think of Mike (I think that's his name). Like Omid and Christa in episode 3 of the first season, he felt pretty flat. But this is the Walking Dead we're talking about, so I think he will get proper character development.

Me too, I'll choose Kenny. He's unstable now but he's been my favorite since the beginning so I can't quit on him now.

I have a love/hate relationship with Kenny. I tended to do the opposite things he did (like when you have an option to kill Larry, or anything to do with Duck). But as much as I hate him, he was one of the more enthralling characters in season 1 (even more than Lee) [I]especially [/I]when his family died. Still, I don't know if I'll pick him over Luke now that I see how his character has progressed. If I was in the apocalypse and had to chose between Luke or Kenny, I'd probably choose Luke because he seems like someone you can trust. But then again, I saved Sarita, and I wouldn't want her to be alone after she lost her arm. That would really suck.

Max

Staff member
Awards

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who really likes Kenny. In Season 1, he was definitely my favorite character next to Lee. In Season 2, he IS my favorite character. Broken or not, I think he is the most well developed character.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the wait for the final episode is gonna suck giant squares? The finale is always the hardest wait (understandably), especially not know if it will be one of the times that Telltale takes 3 months to release it. Could you imagine waiting until the end of October/beginning of November to see this game end?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Yes, I believe her name is Jane. It's just hard to remember because they never actually say her name in the episode except for the "x will remember that" parts. She reminds me a lot of Michonne because of her attitude (and rubbing zombie guts on herself). I really don't know what to think of Mike (I think that's his name). Like Omid and Christa in episode 3 of the first season, he felt pretty flat. But this is the Walking Dead we're talking about, so I think he will get proper character development.

I have a love/hate relationship with Kenny. I tended to do the opposite things he did (like when you have an option to kill Larry, or anything to do with Duck). But as much as I hate him, he was one of the more enthralling characters in season 1 (even more than Lee) [I]especially [/I]when his family died. Still, I don't know if I'll pick him over Luke now that I see how his character has progressed. If I was in the apocalypse and had to chose between Luke or Kenny, I'd probably choose Luke because he seems like someone you can trust. But then again, I saved Sarita, and I wouldn't want her to be alone after she lost her arm. That would really suck.

While I wouldn't mind seeing Mike get some more development I don't see him making it out. I really want to see more from Jane. Speaking of Christa when do you think we'll see her again? I'm thinking this next episode might be the one. And what about Molly? They have to bring her back right? Everyone loved her.

I'm not saying I dislike Luke but I've known and been through more with Kenny so he always gets an advantage but if we do have to choose between them it will be a difficult choice.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who really likes Kenny. In Season 1, he was definitely my favorite character next to Lee. In Season 2, he IS my favorite character. Broken or not, I think he is the most well developed character.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the wait for the final episode is gonna suck giant squares? The finale is always the hardest wait (understandably), especially not know if it will be one of the times that Telltale takes 3 months to release it. Could you imagine waiting until the end of October/beginning of November to see this game end?

I completely agree with you.

Every wait between episodes kills me. xD But especially the season finales. Season 1's finale came out about a month after episode 4 right? Hopefully we'll get a wait like that. We might at least get a little shorter since Wolf Among Us has ended, though they do have two other games in development so who knows?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I haven't finished the episode but...

CAN YOU SAVE SARAH? PLEASE, GOD TELL ME IF YOU CAN SAVE SARAH.

Max

Staff member
Awards

I haven't finished the episode but...

CAN YOU SAVE SARAH? PLEASE, GOD TELL ME IF YOU CAN SAVE SARAH.

I left her :/

So, Arvo, he's a lying son of a bitch. Sick sister my ass. He was stashing those pills in that trash can like a sneaky bastard. I think he was dropping them the same way Ben did in Season 1. So I took them. Then the whole Luke and Kenny feud? Luke's kind of being a jerk. Kenny tried to pick himself up quick and start helping out as best as he could, and then Luke gets all pissed because HE muffed up. No, he had no right to get mad at Kenny. As for whether or not they should have moved on or waited for a few days, I agreed with Kenny that they needed to go. Rebecca may not have been looking so hot, but the group couldn't just wait and starve (she would've starved as well).

I don't know. I shot Rebecca at the end. It may have been a bad call, but I wasn't going to risk her chomping on the baby.

Death

Your #1 Bruh

Uh i think sir your spoilers have failed to work. Unless its just my phone acting up.

And on the topic.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

So, Arvo, he's a lying son of a bitch. Sick sister my ass. He was stashing those pills in that trash can like a sneaky bastard. I think he was dropping them the same way Ben did in Season 1. So I took them. Then the whole Luke and Kenny feud? Luke's kind of being a jerk. Kenny tried to pick himself up quick and start helping out as best as he could, and then Luke gets all pissed because HE muffed up. No, he had no right to get mad at Kenny. As for whether or not they should have moved on or waited for a few days, I agreed with Kenny that they needed to go. Rebecca may not have been looking so hot, but the group couldn't just wait and starve (she would've starved as well).

I don't know. I shot Rebecca at the end. It may have been a bad call, but I wasn't going to risk her chomping on the baby.

(added the spoilers in for you, but you should edit your original post)

They seriously look like junkies. The first time I played I took the meds (cause of Rebecca and Luke) and the second time I took the meds I didn't take them. No difference; Arvo still accused you of stealing them, but you have an option to blame Jane if you don't. As for shooting Rebecca, I shot her on the first playthrough and didn't in the second. It's not a Lori situation--Kenny is the one the shoots Rebecca immediately if you choose not to.

I still don't get why everybody hates Sarah. People forget that Clementine could have ended up that way if it wasn't for Lee. She was just broken. Jane might've been right after I saved her from the trailer park, but I did all I could to look out for her. I suggest you replay the game and save Sarah the first time around. It makes the end worthwhile.

And the Kenny/Luke situation--I didn't take any sides. I'm NOT having a Kenny/Lilly situation again, especially if it ends up the same, with Lilly disappearing and Kenny abandoning you in the fourth episode if you don't agree with him entirely.

Max

Staff member
Awards

(added the spoilers in for you, but you should edit your original post)

They seriously look like junkies. The first time I played I took the meds (cause of Rebecca and Luke) and the second time I took the meds I didn't take them. No difference; Arvo still accused you of stealing them, but you have an option to blame Jane if you don't. As for shooting Rebecca, I shot her on the first playthrough and didn't in the second. It's not a Lori situation--Kenny is the one the shoots Rebecca immediately if you choose not to.

I still don't get why everybody hates Sarah. People forget that Clementine could have ended up that way if it wasn't for Lee. She was just broken. Jane might've been right after I saved her from the trailer park, but I did all I could to look out for her. I suggest you replay the game and save Sarah the first time around. It makes the end worthwhile.

And the Kenny/Luke situation--I didn't take any sides. I'm NOT having a Kenny/Lilly situation again, especially if it ends up the same, with Lilly disappearing and Kenny abandoning you in the fourth episode if you don't agree with him entirely.

Oh CRAP! I started a spoiler box but forgot to cap it off, thank you.

It's really starting to feel like no matter what choices we make, everything is turning out the same. So if you don't take the meds, the Russians still blame you? If you don't shoot Rebecca, Kenny does? I love this game, but sometimes I really do wish we could fully branch off the story. Nick didn't die in my playthrough during episode two, but then he does virtually nothing in episode three and then he is just turned in episode four. They even handled Ben's multiple death outcomes better than that.

Then what do you mean "save Sarah the first time around?" Does that mean you can actually snap her out of it in the trailer park, but then she gets into more shit? I don't know, knowing The Walking Dead, here was my reason for not saving her:

I assumed it was a situation where if Clementine stayed to try and help Sarah, then Clem would end up in deep crap and Jane would stay behind as bait for Clem and Sarah to get out. I know Telltale isn't really that subtle about their choices, but I'll be damned if I was going to risk Jane dying for Sarah (even if Jane ended up leaving at the end).

And I don't always take sides, but I will definitely back someone up when I feel they're right. If it comes down to a Kenny/Lilly, then I deal with it when it comes. This game is real life.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Alright bear with me guys, I have a lot to say now so I don't forget it all later. xD

Yeah I knew Arvo was lying. The way he kept pausing after saying his sister was sick, like he was trying to think up the next thing to say, definitely threw up alarm bells. And I agree about Kenny and Luke. Kenny doesn't help himself with talking to others by usually jumping to anger first but I couldn't blame him here. Luke did pull a lot of dumb things this episode.

I called for help regarding Rebecca. I was hoping that would stop some of the fighting but instead Kenny shot her. I hope I didn't get him killed. D:

That was one of my only problems with the episode. I chose to take the pills but if you didn't then they could have had the ending happen differently somehow.

And that is a great point about Sarah. She was a way for us to see what could have happened to Clementine if Lee hadn't found her.

Then what do you mean "save Sarah the first time around?" Does that mean you can actually snap her out of it in the trailer park, but then she gets into more shit? I don't know, knowing The Walking Dead, here was my reason for not saving her:

I assumed it was a situation where if Clementine stayed to try and help Sarah, then Clem would end up in deep crap and Jane would stay behind as bait for Clem and Sarah to get out. I know Telltale isn't really that subtle about their choices, but I'll be damned if I was going to risk Jane dying for Sarah (even if Jane ended up leaving at the end).

And I don't always take sides, but I will definitely back someone up when I feel they're right. If it comes down to a Kenny/Lilly, then I deal with it when it comes. This game is real life.

You can save Sarah in the trailer park (since that's what I did). If you try to convince her one more time it gives you the option to slap her and that snaps her out of it enough to get her to leave the trailer. I did worry Jane was going to get bit climbing out though. If you did save her then later when the deck falls Sarah goes with it and gets stuck under the rubble. There were two choices at that point: Grab Jane! or Help Sarah! were the choices I believe. I chose to help Jane since I knew there was no way to help Sarah then but I'm not sure what happens if you choose Help Sarah!.

I'm like you. I don't always stick to one side (in fact I went against Kenny a lot this episode) but at the end with how Luke's actions affected the group I had to side with Kenny there.

Some other thoughts:
-Are we still sure Jane isn't Molly? I mean they both had sisters(though I think Molly's sister's name wasn't Jaime right?), similar personalities, and they both left in Episode 4. I'm not the only one who noticed that right?
-Mike is hilarious. The lines about the raccoon were amazing. Though something else I noticed. Mike and Omid are the comedic characters and both were introduced in Episode 3. Will Mike die in Episode 1 of Season 3 now? (Too soon?)
-Body count was high in this episode: Sarita, Nick, Sarah, and Rebecca. Wonder how many will die in the finale?
-Don't know if this bothered anyone else but I remember in the Episode 4 preview after last episode that Kenny took his bandage off. I kind of wanted to see it but at the same time not. xD If anything if it looked terrible maybe he could have scared off Arvo and the others with his eye wound? :P
-I really hope we get to see the rest of the 400 Days characters next episode (and more from the ones we did see in Episode 3 for that matter). I really liked 400 Days so if we don't see them again then why get us invested in them with a whole episode to begin with?
-And what about Christa? I'm not even sure she made it out of Episode 1. :/
Finally the big question. Will Clementine survive the finale? I personally think so. I think the big death for this season is going to be Kenny. I suppose next season Molly or Lilly could return though?

KHRULER

Awards

Dunno how to bold things out or put lines through them so yeah.....

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Max

Staff member
Awards

You can save Sarah in the trailer park (since that's what I did). If you try to convince her one more time it gives you the option to slap her and that snaps her out of it enough to get her to leave the trailer. I did worry Jane was going to get bit climbing out though. If you did save her then later when the deck falls Sarah goes with it and gets stuck under the rubble. There were two choices at that point: Grab Jane! or Help Sarah! were the choices I believe. I chose to help Jane since I knew there was no way to help Sarah then but I'm not sure what happens if you choose Help Sarah!.

So yet again we are given another choice that doesn't matter. Sarah dies either way, and nothing else really changes. Oh Telltale.

Some other thoughts:
-Are we still sure Jane isn't Molly? I mean they both had sisters(though I think Molly's sister's name wasn't Jaime right?), similar personalities, and they both left in Episode 4. I'm not the only one who noticed that right?
-Mike is hilarious. The lines about the raccoon were amazing. Though something else I noticed. Mike and Omid are the comedic characters and both were introduced in Episode 3. Will Mike die in Episode 1 of Season 3 now? (Too soon?)
-Body count was high in this episode: Sarita, Nick, Sarah, and Rebecca. Wonder how many will die in the finale?
-Don't know if this bothered anyone else but I remember in the Episode 4 preview after last episode that Kenny took his bandage off. I kind of wanted to see it but at the same time not. xD If anything if it looked terrible maybe he could have scared off Arvo and the others with his eye wound? :P
-I really hope we get to see the rest of the 400 Days characters next episode (and more from the ones we did see in Episode 3 for that matter). I really liked 400 Days so if we don't see them again then why get us invested in them with a whole episode to begin with?
Finally the big question. Will Clementine survive the finale? I personally think so. I think the big death for this season is going to be Kenny. I suppose next season Molly or Lilly could return though?

-As far as the Molly/Jane thing, I don't know if you were asking if they were literally the same person or not. I don't believe they are, but they are definitely VERY similar.
-I also really like Mike. The only thing that bothers me sometimes is HOW MUCH HE LOOKS LIKE LEE! His face is a tad different, but after the wait from episode 3, when I watched the trailer for this episode a few days before playing it I was like "Lee? LEE?!" I kind of forgot about Mike haha. But he is one that I would like to see live, I like him.
-As far as body count, Nick dies for some people in Episode 2, but 3 or 4 is still a lot. I feel like by the end of the finale there is a good possibility a majority of the group will die, leaving maybe Clem and the baby. Anyone else think Christa might have survived in episode 1, and Clementine will meet up with her with the baby? That would kind of give Christa the chance to take care of a baby since she lost hers.
-The preview thing with Kenny taking off the bandage was just like "meh." These previews need to be taken with a grain of salt anymore, things are always changing by the time the final episode is released.
-I'm upset about the 400 Days characters right now as well. We hardly got to see anything significant from them whatsoever. here's to hoping Telltale's been saving more from them for the finale.
-God, I will be so upset if Kenny dies. I'm with you though, I think his time is finally up, and I think they were holding out with him for the end. But he is definitely my favorite of the season, and I would be ecstatic if he could return for a 3rd season (and if he did, the likelihood of him surviving that is SLIM!)

Man, I did not feel like Amid the Ruins was the penultimate episode already. I feel like with Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us Telltale really got things going crazy and hyped up in Episode 4. I kind of felt like this was just another episode though. I mean, it was good, don't get me wrong, but it's just hard to imagine there only being an hour and a half of game left at this point.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

Christa is probably coming back next episode. Wasn't the group heading towards the place where Christa and Clementine were going? Also, besides Clem and Kenny, she's the only one-possibly-still alive. It would really suck if they'd just kill her :/

Also, I kinda just noticed this now, but did the trailer for episode 5 play for anyone else at the end of the episode?

Dunno how to bold things out or put lines through them so yeah.....

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I disagree. Her scream was heart-wrenching imo.

Man, I did not feel like Amid the Ruins was the penultimate episode already. I feel like with Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us Telltale really got things going crazy and hyped up in Episode 4. I kind of felt like this was just another episode though. I mean, it was good, don't get me wrong, but it's just hard to imagine there only being an hour and a half of game left at this point.[/QUOTE]

I kinda have a feeling that 3 was the penultimate episode because 4 feels like part 1 of the finale instead of leading up to it, if that makes any sense.

KHRULER

Awards

I disagree. Her scream was heart-wrenching imo.

Meh,she couldn't make it in a world that has changed when her dad shut her out from it.She would have died sooner or later if she avoided both deaths.

Max

Staff member
Awards

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back