• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Coming December 20, 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series (Season 2, Ep. 1 Out NOW!)

Wow, what an episode. Maybe my favorite overall, between both seasons... So much character development, and that's what I liked about this game.

Also, YAY KENNY'S BACK.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Wow, what an episode. Maybe my favorite overall, between both seasons... So much character development, and that's what I liked about this game.

Also, YAY KENNY'S BACK.

While I wouldn't say it was my favorite out of both seasons so far it was still a great episode.

And I have to agree THE RETURN OF KENNY IS GLORIOUS!!!

Some specifics:
Nick is turning into the Ben of this season. :/
So happy Kenny is back, though the beard threw me off. xD I was so afraid they were going to kill him this episode.
I loved the tension between Walt and Nick when Walt found out about Matthew.
I was happy to see Bonnie again (until I discovered she was with Carver) and i'm hoping we see more of the 400 days characters soon.
So Alvin (D:) and Walt died in my playthrough. Did different people die in any of you guys' playthroughs?
Also, for any people who looked at the episode pictures in the menu when the first episode came out, did they change the picture for episode 4? I thought Clementine was in a different pose before (but it looks really cool either way).

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Nick is turning into the Ben of this season. :/
So happy Kenny is back, though the beard threw me off. xD I was so afraid they were going to kill him this episode.
I loved the tension between Walt and Nick when Walt found out about Matthew.
I was happy to see Bonnie again (until I discovered she was with Carver) and i'm hoping we see more of the 400 days characters soon.
So Alvin (D:) and Walt died in my playthrough. Did different people die in any of you guys' playthroughs?
Also, for any people who looked at the episode pictures in the menu when the first episode came out, did they change the picture for episode 4? I thought Clementine was in a different pose before (but it looks really cool either way).

Holy shit. I didn't even remember that that was Bonnie from the DLC until you said that! D:

And Alvin didn't die in my play through, only Walter.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

Grabbed the season pass on sale for $10.49 Monday, woohoo! Saved about 15 dollars overall (but I'll compensate for that with a hard copy or a Vita purchase)

So I just finished episode two, and all I can say is holy fuck. This is just so freaking fantastic!

And I have freaking said since last season that Kenny was still alive! Oh my god I was so happy, at the end of episode one's preview when Clem said "I thought you were dead", I was like I KNEW IT KENNNNNYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one believed me, all of my friends thought I was wrong, but I can not wait to RUB IT IN THEIR FACES WHEN THEY PLAY IT!

Also, was I the only one who probably spent around 5 whole minutes deciding who to sit with at dinner? I was so torn between Luke and Kenny the whole episode!

Lastly, I wish we would have seen ANY 400 Days character other than Bonnie. Reason being: She was my least favorite of the 5, and also I heard that she goes to the camp no matter what you did in the DLC. All of my people decided to go, so I am curious to see what they are all up to

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I'm a little late to the party (I blame midterms) but I finally got to play this episode. So glad to see Bonnie and Kenny. I was a little surprised that Bonnie and the other 400 days characters joined Carver, but at least we know what happened to them. Considering Bonnie joined the group no matter what, I'm betting she has a bigger role next episode.

Also, is it just me or did the fourth guy that was with Carver, Bonnie, and Johnny look a lot like Vince?

Some specifics: So Alvin (D:) and Walt died in my playthrough. Did different people die in any of you guys' playthroughs?

Walt dies no matter what. You can save Alvin if you grab the gun, though.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Alright I have a lot I want to talk about and I hope you guys will be willing to look through what I say and talk about what you think.
Holy shit. I didn't even remember that that was Bonnie from the DLC until you said that! D:

And Alvin didn't die in my play through, only Walter.

I recognized her right away but couldn't remember her name until she said it. :P And apparently Walter always dies but Alvin and Nick can survive or die depending on what you do.

Also, was I the only one who probably spent around 5 whole minutes deciding who to sit with at dinner? I was so torn between Luke and Kenny the whole episode!

Lastly, I wish we would have seen ANY 400 Days character other than Bonnie. Reason being: She was my least favorite of the 5, and also I heard that she goes to the camp no matter what you did in the DLC. All of my people decided to go, so I am curious to see what they are all up to

I know others took some time to decide but I picked Kenny pretty quickly because, I like Luke, but if he can't understand why I would want to sit down and talk some more to someone I haven't seen in a year and a half and thought was dead then that is his problem.

I was okay with Bonnie's appearance. I was hoping to see some 400 Days people and now we might start seeing some more next episode.

I'm a little late to the party (I blame midterms) but I finally got to play this episode. So glad to see Bonnie and Kenny. I was a little surprised that Bonnie and the other 400 days characters joined Carver, but at least we know what happened to them. Considering Bonnie joined the group no matter what, I'm betting she has a bigger role next episode.

Walt dies no matter what. You can save Alvin if you grab the gun, though.

I was pretty upset with Bonnie working with Carver but seeing her and Clem smiling next episode and her personality from 400 Days I think she's just working with him for the shelter and safety.

I was hoping you guys'll discuss some ideas i've been reading and thinking of.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Another interesting thing to note is Kenny seems to be off his rocker even more but trying to hide it. He still has his anger issues but his awkward jokes and laughter and the fact that he seems to be replacing Katjaa and Duck with Sarita and Clem has me worried. I'm hoping we can talk to him and get him through it but something bad could be coming in the next few episodes with Kenny.

Max

Staff member
Awards

Alright I have a lot I want to talk about and I hope you guys will be willing to look through what I say and talk about what you think.

I know others took some time to decide but I picked Kenny pretty quickly because, I like Luke, but if he can't understand why I would want to sit down and talk some more to someone I haven't seen in a year and a half and thought was dead then that is his problem.

I was hoping you guys'll discuss some ideas i've been reading and thinking of.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Another interesting thing to note is Kenny seems to be off his rocker even more but trying to hide it. He still has his anger issues but his awkward jokes and laughter and the fact that he seems to be replacing Katjaa and Duck with Sarita and Clem has me worried. I'm hoping we can talk to him and get him through it but something bad could be coming in the next few episodes with Kenny.

I know, I was pretty positive I wanted to sit with Kenny, but it was still hard for me. I love Kenny and all, but I just have such a bad feeling about his future. Like you said, he seems off his rocker, like he's getting worse. I will try to support him and take care of him, I had such a strong bond with him in season 1, but Luke is starting to feel like a good friend too, and he seems reliable (not sure what happened to him at the end of episode 2 though).

And I am really curious about the 400 Days characters and where they may have ended up if they didn't go with Tavia at the end, but unfortunately for me, all of my characters went with her :/ I was happy they stuck together, but at the same time sad because now I may not get to see the other side of things without replaying. Since Bonnie automatically went to the camp, I kind of wish a certain character would have also automatically not went.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I know, I was pretty positive I wanted to sit with Kenny, but it was still hard for me. I love Kenny and all, but I just have such a bad feeling about his future. Like you said, he seems off his rocker, like he's getting worse. I will try to support him and take care of him, I had such a strong bond with him in season 1, but Luke is starting to feel like a good friend too, and he seems reliable (not sure what happened to him at the end of episode 2 though).

And I am really curious about the 400 Days characters and where they may have ended up if they didn't go with Tavia at the end, but unfortunately for me, all of my characters went with her :/ I was happy they stuck together, but at the same time sad because now I may not get to see the other side of things without replaying. Since Bonnie automatically went to the camp, I kind of wish a certain character would have also automatically not went.

Two theories about Luke's disappearance is that he either was working for Carver and told him where they were or he went for help to this other group that I mentioned above.

Only Bonnie and Shel went with Tavia in my playthrough so I'm looking forward to seeing how different the next few episodes will play out depending on who went and who stayed.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

I didn't see the Kenny twist at all so I was super happy to see him... but the whole going off his rocker thing, you can see that coming from a mile off. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't last long.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Alright guys here's the trailer for episode 3 which comes out this week starting tomorrow.

Some things I noticed in this trailer:
-Does anyone think that the lady with the short hair at about 28 seconds and 1:12 looks a little like Molly with her hair cut?
-The fact that Tavia and Bonnie are in Carver's camp seems to point to this being the place Tavia was talking about at the end of 400 Days. It looks like there may be some differences with the episode depending on who went with Tavia.
-Also Tavia is WEARING KATJAA'S COAT (or at least it looks a lot like it :P). You can see her clearly at 20 seconds and 29 seconds.
-Clem gets more walkie talkies.
-It looks like Clem is pulling a Lee and putting zombie guts on Sarah and herself.
-That last line by Kenny was AWESOME. I'm just wondering who he's about to take out. I doubt it's Carver already but it's either one of Carver's group or someone from their group who's been bitten.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com

Just played the new episode... damn.

This season is good so far, It's just a lot slower than the first. I like it though, it seems like we're getting more character development. Characters aren't as good as the previous season though. The game itself is overall really really good, I just don't like how they're having the 10 year old do everything for story purposes.

Death

Your #1 Bruh

Sarah is a dumbass. I swear she's the game's Carl. But definitely a good episode. It picked up so much at the end. Can't wait for the next episode.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com

Sarah is a dumbass. I swear she's the game's Carl. But definitely a good episode. It picked up so much at the end. Can't wait for the next episode.

I have strong opinions on the people hating on Sarah. Look, I get Sarah isn't a strong character, but the person to blame for that was her father. He sheltered her way too much. I'm not saying he was a bad person, but he screwed up his kid. Actually, I'm happy *episode 3 spoiler* that Carlos died. He was a bit of an asshat from the first episode. It's just that Carver, Nick, and Rebecca outshined him. Him dying gives Clem the chance to be the sisterly figure to Sarah so that Sarah can mature as a character. Kind of like how Lee was a fatherly figure to Clem. It seems like everyone hates all of the kids in this game besides Clem lol, but I actually really love Sarah. I'm on the same boat with all the Season 1 Duck hate though lol.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Played Episode 1 earlier. Amazing. Will get the Vita season pass early next month (Watch_Dogs is the current gaming priority), hopefully episode 3 will have released for it by that time, in addition to 2. I'm glad season 2 doesn't seem to suffer from (as many) slowdowns like season 1 did.

Max

Staff member
Awards

Anyone else notice the trophies for Episode 4 are already up? So far they've been releasing the trophies as the episodes came out (treating them as DLC trophies).

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

So I finished episode 3 and I just gotta say that besides Bonnie and Vince, the rest of the 400 days characters didn't play a major role at all. It's expected because Bonnie's the only character that went with Tavia no matter what, but it sucks that we got invested in those characters only for them to play a minor role; I didn't even see Russel in my playthrough. Hopefully we run into those characters in the future because I'm really starting to regret purchasing 400 days...

Max

Staff member
Awards

So I finished episode 3 and I just gotta say that besides Bonnie and Vince, the rest of the 400 days characters didn't play a major role at all. It's expected because Bonnie's the only character that went with Tavia no matter what, but it sucks that we got invested in those characters only for them to play a minor role; I didn't even see Russel in my playthrough. Hopefully we run into those characters in the future because I'm really starting to regret purchasing 400 days...

I didn't even think Vince played that important of a role, in my playthrough anyway. He only showed up once and said he was going to rat on Tavia for smoking. I was really disappointed in the 400 Days characters appearances as well though. I saw each one of them, and other than Bonnie they were all lame scenes that I could tell were easily able to be cut out if those characters hadn't gone with Tavia. And it sucks that Bonnie was the one to automatically go with Tavia and get all of the screentime, because she was my least favorite character in 400 Days (not counting the douchie little sister). Oh well I guess. We''l just have to see if they make any more appearances, although I doubt it unless they show up for people who didn't have them all go to Carver's camp.

Also, can anybody tell me if they know if Kenny gets the shit beat out of him no matter what? He did on mine, and I didn't know if anybody was able to take any actions that didn't result in him basically losing his eye?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I didn't even think Vince played that important of a role, in my playthrough anyway. He only showed up once and said he was going to rat on Tavia for smoking.

I just assumed Vince stopped Tavia from seeing Clementine. It wasn't a big role, but it was bigger than the rest.

And it sucks that Bonnie was the one to automatically go with Tavia and get all of the screentime, because she was my least favorite character in 400 Days (not counting the douchie little sister).

I don't understand the hate Bonnie's getting. She's not the best characters out of the 400 days group (my vote goes to Shel, Vince, and Wyatt), but she's not the worst out of all of them. But if we got to chose who got the expanded role, I'd either pick Wyatt or Shel. They seem like the most interesting characters out of the bunch

Also, can anybody tell me if they know if Kenny gets the shit beat out of him no matter what? He did on mine, and I didn't know if anybody was able to take any actions that didn't result in him basically losing his eye?

There are just some things that you can't change in this season, and I'm betting that's one of them. Seeing the eye patch in the trailer eerily reminds me of the Governor...

Max

Staff member
Awards

I just assumed Vince stopped Tavia from seeing Clementine. It wasn't a big role, but it was bigger than the rest.

I figure something else would have happened regardless to prevent her from spotting Clem, I don't see that part changing much.

I don't understand the hate Bonnie's getting. She's not the best characters out of the 400 days group (my vote goes to Shel, Vince, and Wyatt), but she's not the worst out of all of them. But if we got to chose who got the expanded role, I'd either pick Wyatt or Shel. They seem like the most interesting characters out of the bunch

I just don't like her that much. I don't hate her, I just liked everyone else better. Vince and Wyatt were my favorite, I agree that Wyatt would have been a very interesting character to put in that role.

There are just some things that you can't change in this season, and I'm betting that's one of them. Seeing the eye patch in the trailer eerily reminds me of the Governor...

I've been thinking that Kenny has been reminding me of the Governor more and more. He started out as a decent guy with good intentions will to do bad things for his family (I don't know if you read Rise of the Governor). Eventually he loses his wife and child, and starts to seem a little loopy here and there. Then they both have the missing eye. While Kenny isn't nearly as bad as the Governor yet, it just feels like it may be heading that way.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

I just don't like her that much. I don't hate her, I just liked everyone else better. Vince and Wyatt were my favorite, I agree that Wyatt would have been a very interesting character to put in that role.

I'm sure she'll end up being a better character as the story progresses. I felt the same way about Omid and Christa in episode three last season, but they turned out to be stronger characters by the end.

I've been thinking that Kenny has been reminding me of the Governor more and more. He started out as a decent guy with good intentions will to do bad things for his family (I don't know if you read Rise of the Governor). Eventually he loses his wife and child, and starts to seem a little loopy here and there. Then they both have the missing eye. While Kenny isn't nearly as bad as the Governor yet, it just feels like it may be heading that way.

I went as far as the eye patch, but now that you mention it those characters have a lot of things in common. I wonder if they'll explore their similarities in future episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back