• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Telltale's The Walking Dead: A New Frontier Coming December 20, 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
WD3-poster.jpg

-----

[video=youtube;8DO0l_hwoQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DO0l_hwoQ8&list=UUF0t9oIvSEc7vzSj8ZF1fbQ[/video]​

Last edited by a moderator:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Walking Dead

SEASON TWO GAME TRAILER

[video=youtube;8DO0l_hwoQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DO0l_hwoQ8&list=UUF0t9oIvSEc7vzSj8ZF1fbQ[/video]

Christa and Omid are back! C: I'M POSITIVE KENNY IS BACK. I WOULD KNOW THE BACK OF HIS HEAD ANYWHERE. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY HIS HAT AND HIS HAIR CURL. sobs

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: The Walking Dead

Season 2, Ep. 1 is live on PSN!
(Still no season pass though.)

The episode is $4.99, and there's a free demo!
(which I will indulge myself in until the season pass is up.)

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
The Walking Dead Season 2

Don't know how many fans there are of TWD by Telltale on KHInsider, but I thought I might as well make a thread for it. I guess you could all post about your impressinons on the first episode, what you think of the game so far, if you think it will live up to it's potential or just be a shadow of the great first season, or just really anything else about the game. I won't be reading this thread until Christmas, because that's when I will be getting the game. I'm super excited for it because TWD was my GOTY for 2012.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2

The first episode was great! I enjoyed the story and the new interactions you can do in some cutscenes is cool. I like that we get to use more of the buttons on the controller now besides the 2 or 3 that did everything before (not counting the triangle, square, etc. I play of PS3). Also playing as Clementine makes me play different as I did when I was Lee. I'm no longer a big man that can get away with threats because of how I look, I'm now a young girl that gets looked down upon at first sight because of who I am, so I play more cunning and manipulative as Clementine I think. But that may just be my imagination.

My only problem with episode one of season 2 is that I wish it was longer. I feel as if it wasn't as long as the first episode of season 1 but beyond that I think it's great. It may be on it's way to winning more awards in the future.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series (Season 2, Ep. 1 Out NOW!)

I've only played the demo of Episode 1, as I don't have the money to buy the season pass yet... But I'm enjoying it thus far! The game is so much more interactive, and the whole presentation is slightly better than that of Season 1's.

Death

Your #1 Bruh

Saw the walkthrough of it. Dat cliffhanger for the next episode tho. Such a great game. With lots of improvements. Well from what I've seen. Ima wait til all 5 episode are out to buy it. I still gotta get the first one.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I saw someone's LP in YouTube through the first season. You can really tell that not only Clementine has grown physically, but also mentally. Evident from the alternatives that you will have to choose, she's no longer a helpless girl that she was before as she could potentially be quite threatening and cunning to get things her way, as well as decide to be untrusting.

During the first scenes I felt that the voice acting was quite weak and not as strong as the first game. However, I'm glad that after the prologue, it picked up and became enjoyable. And the most memorable scene? Obviously that in which Clementine sutured her dog bite would by herself in the barn. I cringed throughout and my knees became jelly.

I'm really excited to see how it continues from here. Thus far it has been very enjoyable, and I'm sure many more unexpected things will happen in the future.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

So, I just finished the episode... I'll just make a bulleted list of some things that are popping in my head.

• Graphics look slightly better
• Much more interactivity in those intense sequences, I actually found myself panicking a bit in some parts
• I thought that I would play Clementine off as a defenseless little girl, but my choices are leaning more toward being more independent (and a little sarcastic).
As natural as it was to want to kill the dog after it bit her, I still felt really bad... I won't lie, I teared up a bit. ;~;
That scene where she stitched the dog bite was ROUGH.
I got some personal enjoyment out of pushing Rebecca's buttons and asking who her child's father is. :P
SO IS CHRISTA ALIVE OR NOT??? I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HER BABY
• The preview of Episode 2 has me too eager to find out what happens next... I can't wait 2-3 months honestly. xD

All in all, it's a major step-up from Season 1 in terms of playability, and I'm interested to see what twists and turns are going to come from the story. By the way, I've read that all the episodes should be out by Fall 2014... That's such a far time off from now. :\

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

She might still be alive, although I wouldn't count on it. However, as for the baby, every fibre of my being believes that the baby had died within the transition period or was killed. I don't think Christa would have abandoned her baby.

Haha, my post is just a chunk of black block...

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com

Just finished the first episode of The Walking Dead. Thought I'd do something like Narukami and make a list of my thoughts.

• Spoiler Spoiler Show
  • I enjoyed how much stronger Clementine has become and at first I was nervous from transitioning from Lee and Clementine, who in reality, were two different people. I thought the transition was done well though because I think Telltale tried and succeeded at trying to show that Lee and the situations around her have made her a stronger and different person than the little defenseless girl that she was in the beginning of Season 1.
  • The storytelling still feels strong and still has the same impact as the first season. My only issue was that the decisions for this first episode weren't too difficult except for the last one.
  • I didn't like that the episode was so short. I think that was the shortest of all of them, but I could be wrong.
  • Spoiler Spoiler Show
  • THAT SCENE WITH THE STITCHES, I CRINGED THROUGHOUT THAT WHOLE THING
  • It was a great experience, but the price was a bit too high, I mean... $25 for the first episode only? Kind of ridiculous but I don't regret it.
Overall, I thought it was a good entry and an opening into the second season. I really love Clementine even more, which I didn't think would be possible. I can't wait to see what's in store with the next episodes, just hope we don't have to wait too long!

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

It was a great experience, but the price was a bit too high, I mean... $25 for the first episode only? Kind of ridiculous but I don't regret it.
Wait, you paid $25 for just that one episode? Or the episode and the season pass? Because even if you did buy the season pass, it should be $20 total...

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I played the first episode on the day it came out and I meant to comment here then but better late then never. :p Despite playing as Clementine this season has a much different feel (at least to me) and the improved gameplay is much appreciated and makes fights more intense. My only problem was they killed Omid in the first 10 minutes! I know this is The Walking Dead and the main characters will die but I was just not expecting it to happen so quickly. I was looking forward to see him interact with Clementine more since they didn't really in Season 1. But oh well. The arm stitching scene was really hard to play through. D: Also did anyone notice that the choice at the end of the episode was basically the same as the choice at the end of episode 1 of season 1?
Finally who do you guys think Clementine is talking to in the preview when she says "I thought you were dead?" The obvious choices are Kenny (who I hope it is) or Christa but it could also be Lilly and maybe even Molly? What do you guys think?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

As natural as it was to want to kill the dog after it bit her, I still felt really bad... I won't lie, I teared up a bit. ;~;

I HATED that part. I didn't want to kill the dog either, but it was better than leaving it impaled.

Narukami said:
That scene where she stitched the dog bite was ROUGH.

That scene made me cringe. Glad I was alone when I played that scene--it would be a pretty awkward moment of the game for someone to walk into.

Narukami said:
I got some personal enjoyment out of pushing Rebecca's buttons and asking who her child's father is. :P

I did the same thing too lol, but it wasn't really a response I'd choose for Clementine really. I just wanted Rebecca off her back.

Narukami said:

Ugh, I know! I hate how they left that open ended, and I don't like how the baby wasn't present or mentioned during the campfire. Either he/she died somehow, or Christa left it with someone.

Finally who do you guys think Clementine is talking to in the preview when she says "I thought you were dead?" The obvious choices are Kenny (who I hope it is) or Christa but it could also be Lilly and maybe even Molly? What do you guys think?

I'd assume it was Christa, or less likely Kenny. These are the two people who Clementine should really think are dead. I just hope it's Christa because having Kenny alive would ruin his final scene. As for Lilly? Considering she's not the Lilly from the comic books anymore, Telltale could do whatever they want with her character, but I don't think she'd be turning up anytime soon.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Played the first episode a few days back. Man, it was absolutely amazing. Better than anything in season 1. Just constant events one after another. Kept me on my toes, especially since I was playing late at night.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Hey guys you all know episode two comes out tomorrow right? Here's the trailer for the episode:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Can't wait to see what's up with this Carver character and of course who is still alive that Clementine thought was dead. I hope we start seeing some of the main five characters from 400 Days.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com

Tomorrow!? Glad I have PSN credit. :D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yeah I know, kind of came out of nowhere huh? Though I guess so did Episode 1's release date...
And I have $10 on my account now so i'm ready. :)

Kinda sorta. The trailer was actually released last Wednesday as part of a longer IGN coverage video. Telltale's new episode releases tend to follow about a week after the trailer for the respective update goes live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back