• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tales RPG Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I think I was going to get the sequel originally as well until I saw the review in Nintendo Power.

I really loved Symphonia and Abyss, but when I played Vesperia I just couldn't finish it. I don't know why, I could play Symphonia and Abyss over and over again, but I cannot for the life of me possess the desire to finish Vesperia.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm jealous of those who have already gotten Symphonia Chronicles. I both games put up on psn, and I began to feel myself wanting them even more. I still have both the original Symphonia for Gamecube and the sequel on Wii. I almost brought myself to play them since I was feeling so hyped, but forced myself to wait... I want the next time I play them to have all of the new features, and you know, trophies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'm jealous of those who have already gotten Symphonia Chronicles. I both games put up on psn, and I began to feel myself wanting them even more. I still have both the original Symphonia for Gamecube and the sequel on Wii. I almost brought myself to play them since I was feeling so hyped, but forced myself to wait... I want the next time I play them to have all of the new features, and you know, trophies.

I can see that, but I would have played them both so I could get used to playing through a Tales game again after having been on a Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts binge.

When I.5 ReMIX was announced, I took it upon myself to beat the first game one last time with near 100% completion in preparation of the HD collection coming out. I would have done the same for Symphonia, but my schedule has caused me to play less games than I'd like meaning that I am still slogging through Chain of Memories (it didn't help that when my brother created a new save file to play for himself, he accidentally erased mine...right before fighting Larxene and getting that second set of world cards; if that hadn't have happened, I would have at least gotten to the first Repliku fight for Riku by now).

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Finished Symphonia yesterday, it was amazing. One of my favourite Tales games along with Abyss.

I've started playing the sequel and I hate it so far, I'm only on chapter two though. Everything annoys me, the world map, characters, monster system, etc. I hope Emil grows some balls later in the game because he is currently unbearable. I hate what they've done with Lloyd too, though I imagine that the whole thing with Lloyd is some huge misunderstanding and he'll be normal again. Please tell me it gets better than this.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Finished Symphonia yesterday, it was amazing. One of my favourite Tales games along with Abyss.

I've started playing the sequel and I hate it so far, I'm only on chapter two though. Everything annoys me, the world map, characters, monster system, etc. I hope Emil grows some balls later in the game because he is currently unbearable. I hate what they've done with Lloyd too, though I imagine that the whole thing with Lloyd is some huge misunderstanding and he'll be normal again. Please tell me it gets better than this.

Emil does get better but let's be real, not all kids who lose parents to someone people saw as a hero, a whole town treats her like a bug that never leaves, and his only friends are Marta and Tennebre. He's not going to be all badass like all Tales male leads.

Lloyd's a complete spoiler, can't tell you. You have to get to al least chapter 4-6.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Tales of Hearts R confirmed for release in Europe and North America! Namco Bandai Games EU accidentally put up a video of Baba confirming it earlier today, before taking it down. People managed to save it though so it won't be long before they have to upload it again :p

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
I hope Emil grows some balls later in the game because he is currently unbearable. I hate what they've done with Lloyd too, though I imagine that the whole thing with Lloyd is some huge misunderstanding and he'll be normal again. Please tell me it gets better than this.

Emil gets better towards the end of the game (I don't hate him, though I did at first-- but he's definitely not one of my favorite characters). And yeah, the Lloyd thing is a huge spoiler eheh. ;; No worries there, though. There is more to it.

Tales of Hearts R confirmed for release in Europe and North America! Namco Bandai Games EU accidentally put up a video of Baba confirming it earlier today, before taking it down. People managed to save it though so it won't be long before they have to upload it again :p

Ye! I saw the news on facebook and freaked ou t. I've been wanting an English release ever since the DS version, plus Hearts is the main reason (aside from P4 Golden) I plan to purchase a Vita. So now I don't have to pay crazy prices to import it, and it will be in English (so I can actually understand everything) ahhhh~

Not to mention I can finally start working on my Kohaku cosplay and have some people actually recognize who i'm cosplaying haha

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Oh so Tales of Hearts R has been properly confirmed now? I kept hearing about how gamestop was listing it and then taking it off. I'm so happy to see it finally be announced. Now I have another reason to get a vita.

Max

Staff member
Awards
We are honestly getting Hearts R?! All signs were pointing to us not getting the Vita releases of Tales games. Hopefully Hearts sells well so that we can get our hands on Innocence!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Tales of Xillia to be released in Europe on August 22 (and three days prior in North America):

European Collector's Edition:
jpg

European Day One Edition:
jpg

North American Collector's Edition:
73584-thumb-600x394.jpg

Both steelbooks are exclusive to Europe, while North American fans get a small plushie and three DLC costumes (which will also be available in Europe, but Bandai Namco EU is yet to decide whether they will be included with certain copies of the game, be exclusive pre-order bonuses or just available to purchase from the PS Store).

Max

Staff member
Awards
Is North America not getting a day 1 edition like we did with the first Xillia? Sad face. Guess I'll have to splurge on Collectors this go around.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
New Zestiria trailer! I always get excited when a new Tales game comes out then I remember I don't like Tales games. However this one so far is looking different! [video=youtube;6HraFjKl-do]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HraFjKl-do[/video]

Kingroxas

Awards
Ive played Tales of Symphonia 2, tales of the abyss(3DS, PS2), Tales of Vesperia, Tales of the world Raident mythology 1, and Tales of Graces F (My PS3 got yellow light of death on the final boss T-T, time to get a PS4) but Ive got to say my favorite is Tales of Vesperia (tied with Symphonia 2) I also own the Vesperia movie but I don't think that counts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back