• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Suggestions for the Forum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Change permissions for the usergroup KHI Staff to adjust to this bot situation. This usergroup shouldn't be handing out pointless infractions and banning bots. They should be deleting spam and deleting bots.

Them having to report to the "Report a Member/Topic" thread just seems like silly logic.
Staff permissions are compartmentalised for a reason. Not everyone necessarily feels interested in the problems of other sections, nor obliged to act to solve them. That said, there's usually someone around who can handle a spam/bot post that comes up in any given section, so while I'm not an administrator, I don't see a great need for expanded staff privileges.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
If you see any of us online and see a bot and/or their post unattended to, you can just shoot us a quick VM/PM, too.

Light

faster than
Awards
I agree with Orion here. With the new additions to staff, its rare when a Super Mod, or a Mod for a section, isn't on.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you guys see something in the creative section I get notified on my phone when I get PMs [well email for such], so if you guys see anything feel free to just PM me about them. My phone is my main reason I'm online all the time.

I notice the main sections the post in are:
RP, CW, Foyer, FI, and the KH sections.
For the most part at least.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Change permissions for the usergroup KHI Staff to adjust to this bot situation. This usergroup shouldn't be handing out pointless infractions and banning bots. They should be deleting spam and deleting bots.

Them having to report to the "Report a Member/Topic" thread just seems like silly logic.

The primary job of the members of site staff is not to deal with forum-related issues.

If we feel there's a need for extra forum staff to handle these details, we'll hire them.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What if you just give power to a select few for those main sections I listed? Like I could take Foyer and FI if necessary. Like it was said earlier, I haven't went in KH unless necessary before.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
"My Activity" on your profile doesn't include spoiler tags. Is anyone gonna do something about that?

Llave de Espada

My apologies if this has already been mentioned et cetera, but are there any new skins in the making? I've popped in a few times and I haven't seen any newer ones.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Are there no longer links to the threads in the articles on the main site? I mean I guess it's probably not necessary anymore now that you can discuss it right there, but I liked having the links anyway.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Are there no longer links to the threads in the articles on the main site? I mean I guess it's probably not necessary anymore now that you can discuss it right there, but I liked having the links anyway.
We stopped doing them because of the responses below. It might be annoying, but you can just click "reply" and where it says "
you can just click the last link to get to the thread.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
So I see the new sidebar... but isn't it kind of redundant as it is? I mean, if we're on the main page of the forums, we can already see the latest posts and latest threads and stuff, for the most part.

Why not put it to better use, such as using it for updates from the main site and the Twitter or something like that?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
So I see the new sidebar... but isn't it kind of redundant as it is? I mean, if we're on the main page of the forums, we can already see the latest posts and latest threads and stuff, for the most part.

Why not put it to better use, such as using it for updates from the main site and the Twitter or something like that?

Just testing it out for now. Those were the default modules that came with it, it will be put to better use in the future.

EDIT:

Also it's not that redundant. It only shows the five most recent threads/posts. You can think of it as a quick access to the "What's New?" section.

Last edited:

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I think it's odd that there's a button to make it minimize and also a button to minimize it to the left of the page.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
The big one is the button to hide the entire sidebar from the layout. The others act as section collapse buttons, similar to the way you collapse boards that you don't want to see.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I think it's pretty neat feature thanks a bunch! I hope it stays it can come in handy when I'm on the go and don't have to go through the forums to get to my topic.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'd love to see a shoutbox on the main page. i think it could help reduce clutter and channels could allow for instant chat on visitor pages.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
This is something in the main site I noticed.

T1vNIFv.png

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Perhaps we could add it to the bottom of the forums then? Require one to be logged in to access it (meaning one would have to join the forum to use it). Perhaps, if possible, we could link it to the IRC channel using Mibbit or something.

Not saying we need one, but these are some ideas that might make it work.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We want people to sign up and to post. Having a shout box would detract from that.
Having it for members only would still not be beneficial, seeing as it would still encourage people to not post, but instead to chat about it in there. We want members to post, we don't want to see that wasted.

Back