• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Star Wars: Battlefront

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
You can buy the game and enjoy it, there's no stopping you, and if you do enjoy, great. More power to ya. But just know you're deliberately paying for an incomplete game and telling the industry that that's okay, when in my opinion, it's not.

Game developers need to take note on CD Projekt Red and Bethesda when it comes to DLC, they're the only ones that come to mind who handle it properly.

D

Deleted member 36435

Bethesda when it comes to DLC, they're the only ones that come to mind who handle it properly.
Yea, I'm sure the DLC for their incomplete, buggy, poorly made game running on a 13 year old engine is going to be A+

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Yea, I'm sure the DLC for their incomplete, buggy, poorly made game running on a 13 year old engine is going to be A+

Actually the Creation engine was made in 2011 for Fallout 4, same as Skyrim. Granted it is based off of Gamebryo, it's not 13 years old. And I'm sensing some salt for Bethesda, since their games are anything but incomplete. Their DLC is at least created after development for the main game is complete and shipped out.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Game developers need to take note on CD Projekt Red and Bethesda when it comes to DLC, they're the only ones that come to mind who handle it properly.

nintendo sometimes i guess. splatoon and mario maker come to mind.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
nintendo sometimes i guess. splatoon and mario maker come to mind.

That is true, Splatoon dlc is completely free. Been thinking about getting that actually sometime. Nintendo is pretty new when it comes to DLC though so it's nice they're not being too greedy about it. Esp since their games are always full price

D

Deleted member 36435

I really doubt that Bethesda hasn't started work on Fallout 4 DLC, or Skyrim DLC before it came out, etc. The very fact that the DLC is planned shows that it is in the works before the game is out, at least partially. While they aren't nearly as scummy as EA (especially in Battlefront's case) they, imo, aren't really a great example of DLC done right, especially when it's being planned on a game as poorly made as Fallout 4.

I have no "salt" for Bethesda, I have no need to. I didn't pay for Fallout 4 because my past 100 experiences with Bethesda games has shown me that they simply are incapable of pushing out a well made product.

If you're going to be demonizing Battlefront constantly, you can at least be critical of other companies or games.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I really doubt that Bethesda hasn't started work on Fallout 4 DLC, or Skyrim DLC before it came out, etc. The very fact that the DLC is planned shows that it is in the works before the game is out, at least partially. While they aren't nearly as scummy as EA (especially in Battlefront's case) they, imo, aren't really a great example of DLC done right, especially when it's being planned on a game as poorly made as Fallout 4.

I have no "salt" for Bethesda, I have no need to. I didn't pay for Fallout 4 because my past 100 experiences with Bethesda games has shown me that they simply are incapable of pushing out a well made product.

If you're going to be demonizing Battlefront constantly, you can at least be critical of other companies or games.

In that case, Bethesda may very well be working on the DLCs right now, or is probably almost finished with the first one. Point is, is that it wasn't intentionally withheld from the core game like Battlefront. Same can be said for the Borderland DLCs, they only add to the core experience that is already complete.

I'm sorry to hear of your experiences with Bethesda games, but in my experience I haven't been unlucky to receive any glitches or bugs in any of their games, gamebreaking or not; I played Fallout 3 a few months after release, Skyrim I got the GOTY edition though, and Fallout 4 at launch here. Even Fallout 4 has been working perfectly for me. Even with Ass Creed Unity, I didn't run into many glitches at all, and that was before all their huge patch work; it wasn't right at launch but it was still recent enough from the release that it wasn't patch extensively. The thing with reports on bugs is that it's inconsistent and blown way out of proportion.

To this game's credit, especially being rushed out to meet deadline and launch before the new film next month, there aren't any real bugs in the game that I've heard of. There's merit in that. Don't accuse me of being unable to be critical of other games/companies.

D

Deleted member 36435

I can't take you seriously if you're saying you haven't encountered a bug in a Bethesda game

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I had to restart the Point Lookout DLC because the game crashed during the dream part, but that wasn't much at all. Otherwise I haven't. Texture pop in, low frame rate, goofy animations from corpses notwithstanding.

Like I said, inconsistent, and blown out of proportion.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
As a person who has actually played the game, it doesn't feel "incomplete". Let's not let this be another situation like Evolve where people think they know that a company is doing something scummy when nothing is happening at all.

But go ahead and keep saying it is because that's the hivemind thing to do.

D

Deleted member 36435

As a person who has actually played the game, it doesn't feel "incomplete". Let's not let this be another situation like Evolve where people think they know that a company is doing something scummy when nothing is happening at all.

But go ahead and keep saying it is because that's the hivemind thing to do.
Are you implying that I haven't played the game? I sunk roughly 20-30 hours into the game. I am not parroting opinions, I am voicing my own based off my own experiences.

D

Deleted member 36435

A horrible, horrible main story. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't emphasized much more in this game than the previous Fallout games. And if the main story didn't impact your standings with all the side quest factions so heavily.

The diddly joke they call dialogue options. Gee, I sure would like to know ahead of time what I'm going to say, but I guess I'll just roll the dice on sarcastic every time.

Countless bugs impacting quest progression, npc interaction, combat, etc.

Unimpressive graphics for a game made in 2015.

Framerate and physics tied together. I'd love to get 144fps in game with my computer, but if I do that the game will literally break.

No FOV slider (although I can adjust it in console, but it breaks the pipboy), limited keybinding options, limited options in general.

You can not respec, but that will likely be added in for a DLC like Skyrim was.

The game became very easy, very quickly, even on the supposedly harder difficulty settings.

The world was small, and in my opinion, uninteresting.

The combat in general, compounded by the VATS rework, made gameplay so boring. Why would I use VATS when it's more reliable and easier for me to just headshot someone from 1000 miles away? The AI was terrible and at no point was there any incentive for me to do anything besides shoot, go behind cover for a second, shoot some more, win the game.

I could go on.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
A horrible, horrible main story. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't emphasized much more in this game than the previous Fallout games. And if the main story didn't impact your standings with all the side quest factions so heavily.

The diddly joke they call dialogue options. Gee, I sure would like to know ahead of time what I'm going to say, but I guess I'll just roll the dice on sarcastic every time.

Countless bugs impacting quest progression, npc interaction, combat, etc.

Unimpressive graphics for a game made in 2015.

Framerate and physics tied together. I'd love to get 144fps in game with my computer, but if I do that the game will literally break.

No FOV slider (although I can adjust it in console, but it breaks the pipboy), limited keybinding options, limited options in general.

You can not respec, but that will likely be added in for a DLC like Skyrim was.

The game became very easy, very quickly, even on the supposedly harder difficulty settings.

The world was small, and in my opinion, uninteresting.

The combat in general, compounded by the VATS rework, made gameplay so boring. Why would I use VATS when it's more reliable and easier for me to just headshot someone from 1000 miles away? The AI was terrible and at no point was there any incentive for me to do anything besides shoot, go behind cover for a second, shoot some more, win the game.

I could go on.

I think he thought you were talking about Battlefront and DLC problems, not your problems with Fallout 4.

Regardless, I haven't finished the story yet, and probably won't for about a month because architorture deadlines, but it has been underwhelming. And I don't like the factions either, that's why I never played New Vegas. I don't like being locked out of things. Fallout 3 didn't do that as you progress.

There's actually a mod out that shows what you're going to say, since it sounds like you're playing on PC there's your solution. Otherwise it's pointless as the conversation only goes one way anyway.

In your experience. My playthrough has been fine.

Personal problem I guess, graphics look fine to me.

Another personal problem I guess. Comes with being a PC gamer huh. I don't think 30 fps is gonna kill anyone.

Hasn't bothered me too much, they did seem to take out some rpg features in favor of a more shooter oriented game.

You can't respec because there's no level cap. You play long enough you can unlock every single perk level/tier. That's probably their goal.

got gud. grats

There's a lot I still have left to explore but it feels a little smaller than 3. Definitely smaller than Skyrim it seems.

The combat was based on Destiny combat. Take that as you will. There's less of a reliance of VATS no doubt, and does seem less useful in most cases.

Sounds more nitpicky to me, but some are legitimate issues for sure.

D

Deleted member 36435

I mean, of course everything is subjective and if I list it all out it will be nitpicking, but excusing things such as frame caps is just silly. A triple A title in 2015 should not have these issues, and accepting them is, imo, almost as bad as accepting 'forced' DLC.

I think he thought you were talking about Battlefront and DLC problems, not your problems with Fallout 4.
I've played that as well so I could just complain for days on that topic as well, as I can with most things. Complaining is easy.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I mean, of course everything is subjective and if I list it all out it will be nitpicking, but excusing things such as frame caps is just silly. A triple A title in 2015 should not have these issues, and accepting them is, imo, almost as bad as accepting 'forced' DLC.

I've played that as well so I could just complain for days on that topic as well, as I can with most things. Complaining is easy.

Well sure, this generation so far has been painfully garbage aside from a few standouts. And as a whole, it's really lacking the impact that last generation had. As better frame rates become more common, people will get more used to it. But it shouldn't be sacrificed for more important things a la the garbage that is Halo 5. So maybe they had a particular reason to cap the frame rate, probably more the fact that their engine is from last generation and needs an update. I wouldn't call it an issue, but just a poor development choice.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Uh, yeah, I was talking about Battlefront. lol

Everything people find wrong in Fallout is understandable at least. I like it, but I can understand the bullshit that comes packaged with the game can be irritating to some people. The UI is also pretty bad particularly for PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back