• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Jump Festa 2013 Lineup Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Most of the Heartless-recolors are a bit odd. Take the Gargoyle for example, it was a sort of eerie dark purple and black in the original KH and some weird mix of blue and gold in the Final Mix.
Has the Gargoyle switched from being a Heartless to a Dream Eater, lol?

I know it's an issue of preferencee, but to me the original colorisation fits the being more:

Original:
Gargoyle_KH.png

Final Mix:
250px-Gargoyle_KHFM.png

I've actually been wondering how they are going to go about doing this alternate color scheme thing. It would be cool if they either allowed an option of having the alternate colorways on/off or having it be something that can be unlocked or whatever. I'd prefer the original colorways as the default.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Most of the Heartless-recolors are a bit odd. Take the Gargoyle for example, it was a sort of eerie dark purple and black in the original KH and some weird mix of blue and gold in the Final Mix.
Has the Gargoyle switched from being a Heartless to a Dream Eater, lol?

I know it's an issue of preferencee, but to me the original colorisation fits the being more:

Original:
Gargoyle_KH.png

Final Mix:
250px-Gargoyle_KHFM.png

---

Nonetheless, this lineup looks like we're up to a serious infodump, which is almost like an early christmas present.

That Square Enix Goods shop has also some nice previews, like this super-cute Chocobo-plushie for the 25th Anniversary:
image3.jpg

The Final Mix colors are very hit or miss to me, some of them look terrible but others look a lot better than the originals. The Phantom's recolor is one of my favorites:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
*pulls a number out of thin air* 25% chance? 2.5%? 1.5%?

I'll take the first number! That one sounds like the best bet...

Vəntus;5942441 said:
I wonder if they'll announce the price or if there is a bundle. I'm planning on importing it regardless of if it gets localized or not.

I think they'll wait on a bundle for after KH2.5 comes out, then they can release them all together.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The Final Mix colors are very hit or miss to me, some of them look terrible but others look a lot better than the originals. The Phantom's recolor is one of my favorites:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Ahhh, the Phantom looks so good recoloured.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If the recolours all looked as fantastic as his does, it wouldn't be so awkward.

JustSnilloc

I wonder which is "cannon" in Nomura's eyes... The FM colors or the original ones?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

True dat, the Phantom looks better than in the original. The Original Phantom was almost Nazgul-variant.

I wonder which is "cannon" in Nomura's eyes... The FM colors or the original ones?

As Spockanort said, the original colors are canon, as they're used in other games as well (look at Soldier Heartless for example, who appear in both Days & Coded).

Btw, it's canon, with one n.
"cannon" is that thing that shoots iron balls around, lol.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
It will be great to see more info on 1.5. Any news for KH is good news for me. Now Final Fantasy will be interesting to see (since we know how different this game will be) I'm still on the fence about getting it, so I'm really excited to see how it looks

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I can see why it's your favorite, it's quite an awesome recoloring. An I agree that the re-colorings are miss or hits. I think Behemoth is another pretty good recoloring. I thing most colorings I regard as misses were ones where they brightened the coloring with bright and energizing colors.

I think they'll wait on a bundle for after KH2.5 comes out, then they can release them all together.

I think it would probably make the most sense to bundle KH1.5, KH2.5 and KH3 as the Seeker of Darkness Chronicles around KH3's release.

Xagzan

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Actually, I think the 3 Behemoth recolors were kind of cool too.

Behemoth_KHFM.png

Destroyed_Behemoth_KHFM.png

Arc_Behemoth_KHFM.png

jjrosales1996

dose anyone know if its going to have the original voices cuz i think itll be a little weird to have little sora with a older voice you know :confused:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
dose anyone know if its going to have the original voices cuz i think itll be a little weird to have little sora with a older voice you know :confused:

In English? Because the Japanese voice actors sound exactly the same as they did when they started recording 10 years ago. Most of them are trained actors from acting troupes in Japan and have consistent vocal ranges.

Since there has been no announcement of an English version of the game announced yet, we wouldn't know anything about that.

That said, we do not know if they are redubbing anything in any version. I honestly doubt it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think it would probably make the most sense to bundle KH1.5, KH2.5 and KH3 as the Seeker of Darkness Chronicles around KH3's release.

I was thinking about that, but I don't think it would happen because if people got KH1.5,2.5,and 3 in one package, I can't see someone thinking (let me play through KH1, CoM, KH2, BbS, watch Days and Re:Coded and possibly DDD depending on if it's included in 2.5 in some form, and THEN move onto KH3). An HD Remix collection wouldn't put any pressure on anyone since all those games have been out for some time and it would give them a good amount of time to play through all the games before KH3's release.

Actually, I think the 3 Behemoth recolors were kind of cool too.

Not a fan of the 2nd one, but a good note for SE. Add flames to enemies and they look pretty darn cool lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back