• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS: Kingdom Hearts Re:coded Secret Movie!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Nope you guys won't pull me in! I skipped to the last page just to say that I would love to talk about it but I'm waiting a few more hours until I give in and watch it until December to watch this!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nope you guys won't pull me in! I skipped to the last page just to say that I would love to talk about it but I'm waiting a few more hours until I give in and watch it until December to watch this!

We are all weak, but at least we have each other! Let us bond over spoilers!

Sdog

Awards

One of us, one of us, one of us!

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

"Come, open your heart." Ansem, Seeker of Darkness!

Submit!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
If anyone has yet to check out this amazing theory thread regarding Chi's implementation into the main series please click here! There are some fantastic ideas here that definitely deserve a read especially because he hella called the Keyblade thing.

Speaking of, I LOVELOVELOVE that secret ending. Totally freaking out over it. Really happy with getting confirmation about everyone waking up together, barring Larxene, Demyx, Marluxia and Luxord of course.

I think it's interesting how YMX seems pretty... unsure about becoming MX, and Braig certainly seems up for some backstabbing. It's definitely interesting to think that Master Xehanort is likely who YMX becomes once he receives the "will" and he's hesitant about it after working for MX. I would kill for a YMX/Braig/whoever else coup against Xehanort in KH3... I can't even imagine how fantastic that would be.

ALSO CRYING BECAUSE I LOVE BEN AND NOW HE WILL BE COMING BACK. ;~;

The Maleficent scene is definitely great in regards to getting some rational motive behind her actions in Coded. It was the one aspect of Coded that I always felt was somewhat lacking, but adding the Foreteller's Script into the mix as a motive really ties everything together nicely.

Coded is definitely turning into the highlight of this collection and I'm loving it. Haters of Coded be damned.

P.S. Sign you are a beautiful soul for helping keep all of us who don't keep up with Chi in the loop.

Last edited:

axel95

Awards
Join the darkness. We always win.

I can't imagine how tough staying spoiler free after KH3 releases is going to be.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
After reading through my translation of Maleficent's scene, I think I should have that extracting part correct.

Because I think that this is directly referring to the cards we are using in Chi. "People and power" from the future.
If this is true, I can't believe Nomura really created a reason behind why Chi is using a card system.

There may even be a chance the whole "Chi is a fairy tale reenactment" thing be debunked.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
There may even be a chance the whole "Chi is a fairy tale reenactment" thing be debunked.
Well, the Emblem Heartless and Disney worlds will still be non-canon... right?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Because I think that this is directly referring to the cards we are using in Chi. "People and power" from the future.
If this is true, I can't believe Nomura really created a reason behind why Chi is using a card system.

Chain of Memories sends its regards. I absolutely hate these decisions by Nomura, weaving gameplay and story together like it's something he has to do.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, the Emblem Heartless and Disney worlds will still be non-canon... right?

You never know. There isn't a villain figure yet. Any theory can be possible. Emblem Heartless and Disney worlds could have been an extraction. Chi could be a data world itself, with a hub and everything.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Chain of Memories sends its regards. I absolutely hate these decisions by Nomura, weaving gameplay and story together like it's something he has to do.
But when devs don't do this, people cry about ludonarrative dissonance.

Besides, these aren't the only games that've done it.
Almost every gameplay mechanic in Re:coded is tied to and inspired by it being set in a world of data and computers.
Reality Shift and Flowmotion work because they're in a dream.
The summon gems in KH1 also tied into the story. Drive Forms are also a result of story events.
D-Links take the concept of "my friends are my power" and make it a gameplay element.

Probably the only game that doesn't do this is Days.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
You never know. There isn't a villain figure yet. Any theory can be possible. Emblem Heartless and Disney worlds could have been an extraction. Chi could be a data world itself, with a hub and everything.
Hm...

Y'know, since the five Unions are using the power of the future, who's to say the Sixth can't as well, somehow?
The Foretellers do say something about the Heartless being lured or brought there by someone, right?

Still not sure about the Disney worlds, though.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for the double-post. Should've just edited the first one.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
But when devs don't do this, people cry about ludonarrative dissonance.

Besides, these aren't the only games that've done it.
Almost every gameplay mechanic in Re:coded is tied to and inspired by it being set in a world of data and computers.
Reality Shift and Flowmotion work because they're in a dream.
The summon gems in KH1 also tied into the story. Drive Forms are also a result of story events.
D-Links take the concept of "my friends are my power" and make it a gameplay element.

Probably the only game that doesn't do this is Days.

The summons and D-Links never bothered me. The 2 keyblade mechanic was also retroactively changed to compliment the story but that one is fairly minor and well suited in the grand scheme of things (I would really love for Square to fix the dialogue between Sora and the fairies to foreshadow Ventus' part in this). Coded was the opposite imo. Yes, story and gameplay are tightly integrated but the gameplay was affected by the story, no?

Personally I am against it when gameplay is explained via story - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and CoM's mechanics really did take over the plot in some parts. They should really have left the "I created this card from your memories" bs out of the game and fixed it when they got their chance with Re:CoM. Tutor the player into learning the ropes and never mention the cards outside of the battle.

I am trying to think when and where has Nomura done this again but I really can't, I am really tired right now :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back