• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Appearence in Recent Games.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Sora's 3D outfit has probably been my favorite so far. That just makes me wonder, if KH3 Sora is his 15! self, will he get a new outfit or will he use his KH2 outfit. I remember that being a previous concern with fans because we got Sora's KH1 outfit several times but his KH2 one only once.

Yeah that i remember white lace, roses and red ribbon panties. Alot of detail for an area we shouldnt be seeing in a E rated game. But i ne er heard nothin on nudes shots of sora. I mean why woulnd any one wanna see him naked?

...where the kupo were there roses?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora's 3D outfit has probably been my favorite so far. That just makes me wonder, if KH3 Sora is his 15! self, will he get a new outfit or will he use his KH2 outfit. I remember that being a previous concern with fans because we got Sora's KH1 outfit several times but his KH2 one only once.

This is when I offer up the suggestion of a costume system in KH xD (one that doesn't require DLC but has unlockable costumes)

But, yeah I'd honestly hope Sora sticks to his KH2 outfit. Maybe a small change or two. Or maybe midway through the game he could get a new outfit?

Domination

Awards
This is when I offer up the suggestion of a costume system in KH xD (one that doesn't require DLC but has unlockable costumes)

But, yeah I'd honestly hope Sora sticks to his KH2 outfit. Maybe a small change or two. Or maybe midway through the game he could get a new outfit?

Unlockable Skins. Genius.

Ruran

Awards
@DDD

Apparently, CoM took the course of a month. Time in KH is wonky.

I dare say we'll get a new outfit for 3 ^.^

I wanna say it would be a shame, at least for the people who really liked his KH2 outfit, but it's my least favorite Sora outfit so far so a new one would be fairly appreciated from my end.

Arkrend

Currently, Sora is 16. He's sixteen when Dream Drop Distance starts, so he's already had a birthday between the ending of KH2 and when he got the letter.

What I'm wondering, is what his parents have to say.

Sora: Mom, I'm gonna go save the universe! Be back before --

Mom: *** no you're not! Eat your ***ing dinner!

Sora: But it's been there for two yea --

Mom: EAT IT!

Also, I wouldn't say Sora has a new outfit. It's nearly the exact same character model as in KH1. They just did a retexture, got rid of the chain, and remade his belt. They palette swapped the image files so Sora's color scheme is red and black instead of yellow and red.

They wouldn't even have had to make that many technical adjustments for those minimal differences.

Though I personally like KH1 Sora. Still I'd be happy with KH2 Sora for future titles since they haven't made much use of his design outside of 2.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah that i remember white lace, roses and red ribbon panties. Alot of detail for an area we shouldnt be seeing in a E rated game. But i ne er heard nothin on nudes shots of sora. I mean why woulnd any one wanna see him naked?

Alright, since nobody else is explaining it to you, I will.
Basically, there was an interview (I can't remember with who) that explained when they were working on the opening for KH1. Most CG animators model a character naked so that they can add a clothing simulation on them later (Pixar does this a lot) and so they were talking about how they were animating Sora before they put in the clothing simulation and described it as being "precious."

But this isn't anything you'd see in-game though since this was all in the phases where they were making the pre-rendered intro. There's no naked Sora model wondering about.

(...okay, actually thanks to the internet and the fact that I was trying to look up references to model KH1 Sora for my animation, I found out that there ARE some nude pics of Sora and whatnot... but they're all fanmade. Why those people made them? I don't know, I find it to be extremely wrong, but it's there)

Ruran

Awards
Basically, there was an interview (I can't remember with who) that explained when they were working on the opening for KH1. Most CG animators model a character naked so that they can add a clothing simulation on them later (Pixar does this a lot) and so they were talking about how they were animating Sora before they put in the clothing simulation and described it as being "precious."

But this isn't anything you'd see in-game though since this was all in the phases where they were making the pre-rendered intro. There's no naked Sora model wondering about.

(...okay, actually thanks to the internet and the fact that I was trying to look up references to model KH1 Sora for my animation, I found out that there ARE some nude pics of Sora and whatnot... but they're all fanmade. Why those people made them? I don't know, I find it to be extremely wrong, but it's there)

Why you gotta ruin our fun skyfoxx?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Currently, Sora is 16. He's sixteen when Dream Drop Distance starts, so he's already had a birthday between the ending of KH2 and when he got the letter.

What I'm wondering, is what his parents have to say.

Sora: Mom, I'm gonna go save the universe! Be back before --

Mom: *** no you're not! Eat your ***ing dinner!

Sora: But it's been there for two yea --

Mom: EAT IT!

Also, I wouldn't say Sora has a new outfit. It's nearly the exact same character model as in KH1. They just did a retexture, got rid of the chain, and remade his belt. They palette swapped the image files so Sora's color scheme is red and black instead of yellow and red.

They wouldn't even have had to make that many technical adjustments for those minimal differences.

Though I personally like KH1 Sora. Still I'd be happy with KH2 Sora for future titles since they haven't made much use of his design outside of 2.

When was that confirmed? I didn't think they mentioned their ages at all in DDD?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Why you gotta ruin our fun skyfoxx?

It's not fun, it's irritating. >_>
If someone asks you a question, you just answer it. No need to make it all complicated and whatnot.
I mean, it's okay to have fun for maybe one or two comments but you guys let it drag on for two pages and that's when it stops being fun and just gets annoying. I know if I was rac7d, I'd be freakin' pissed off I wasn't getting my answer.

Arkrend

When was that confirmed? I didn't think they mentioned their ages at all in DDD?

I'm trying to remember where. Either the timeline, that's gone now, or I think an interview. I'm going to try to find if it was in one of the Birth By Sleep interviews that mentions Blank Points.

Basically, there was an interview (I can't remember with who) that explained when they were working on the opening for KH1. Most CG animators model a character naked so that they can add a clothing simulation on them later

Though I doubt they actually modeled any of the naughty parts. Then again, this is the same company that saw the need for a shirtless Ven in the Birth By Sleep intro.

Ruran

Awards
It's not fun, it's irritating. >_>
If someone asks you a question, you just answer it. No need to make it all complicated and whatnot.
I mean, it's okay to have fun for maybe one or two comments but you guys let it drag on for two pages and that's when it stops being fun and just gets annoying. I know if I was rac7d, I'd be freakin' pissed off I wasn't getting my answer.

You make it sound like cruel and unusual punishment. XD

A full fledged time line being put out one day would be great. Maybe one that gives us foot notes on little things like character birthdays.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Though I doubt they actually modeled any of the naughty parts. Then again, this is the same company that saw the need for a shirtless Ven in the Birth By Sleep intro.

Oh I'm sure they didn't. That would just be another thing that could get glitched through the clothing and they'd have to animate it manually. Even if they were pervs, they wouldn't do it just for the sake of it being extra unnecessary work.

You make it sound like cruel and unusual punishment. XD

It is... 0_0
Is-This-Cruel-%26-Unusual-Punishment.jpeg

Ruran

Awards
Oh I'm sure they didn't. That would just be another thing that could get glitched through the clothing and they'd have to animate it manually. Even if they were pervs, they wouldn't do it just for the sake of it being extra unnecessary work.

It is... 0_0

That, and there's unfinished models that get left in the games that hackers could find. There have been instances were fully naked character models have been found, like in a recent FF game (forgot which one, I don't keep up with FF much) and Kairi's partially naked boob. A little less modeling work and had it been "detailed" and it would have been awkward to explain.

Also, lol at the picture. XD

Arkrend

That, and there's unfinished models that get left in the games that hackers could find.

I doubt FMV models would be on the actual disk. There'd be no need unless the game's engine is were they render the FMVs. Which is unlikely since Square, like every normal company, uses a different company to make their cinematic scenes. Square's different company just happens to be in-house, but I doubt that'd be a reason to put any of those models on the actual disk.

If you crack open a Square game, and people have found this, then you'll probably only get the movie files that are scripted to play at certain instances. The actual model shouldn't be on the disk.

I'm pretty sure that character was called Vanilla, I never played XIII or its sequel, and I'm pretty sure that specific model you're referencing was an in-engine model.

So Square just might have some Sora dong on there computers somewhere. It'd be stupid to make because collision is already a pain without potentially having extra parts flopping around. Although I'd wonder why Square would bother to make it flop around.

My point is, KH1 Sora rules. Though I'm hoping they stick to the KH2 model for a while.

Awards
Sora looks like his 14 year old self in KH3D because of the Realm of Sleep, but its actually been a year since he and Riku beat Xemnas so he is actually 16 now.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I agree. I want to see Sors grow physically and mentally. He's been that age in too many games.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I would like SE to stop making Sora look like a 14 year old, and I would love for Sora to age a little. But I can always live with KH2 Sora for a while longer.

Key Wielder

Awards
Sora looks like his 14 year old self in KH3D because of the Realm of Sleep, but its actually been a year since he and Riku beat Xemnas so he is actually 16 now.

I haven't spoiled it, so was that actually confirmed in the game? They received the letter shortly after returning, so I wouldn't think it would be that long.

I don't mind Sora's appearance being younger when there are story-relevant reasons for it. Whether he looks fourteen or fifteen, he's still Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back