• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Solace In Night [RP Thread]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
With better care and a display of taste, he'd prepared. A change of attire, with his nearly macabre sense of style, the bright red collared shirt he wore seemed reminiscent of how he admired the color. A pair of black dress pants and the appropriate shoes, he'd not know what else to do with himself. Appreciation for the scenery certain preoccupied his attention for some time. The lights that gave way to the shadows, this side of the town were thoroughly drenched in the shade of buildings. The shirt he wore didn't posses long sleeves, and you could clearly see the two thick bracelets on each wrist. Hitsun & Ramierun. They'd be a distraction, so he shrank them without a second thought and they merged into one golden watch, he checked the time.

Yet, all he could think about at the time...

His interpersonal focus seemed to shatter in an instant, what image he'd envisioned seemed to sprinkle like glass in front of his photographic memory, piecing together the body of a woman. Taken back a spell, Salforge resumed his upright seating, and gave a more proper gaze. "Forgive me Lady Ciel. Had I a heart, I'd be more reluctant to restrict my personal charm. You're quite lovely this evening." Even as he spoke, it'd be evident to Ciel to sense her own effect. Under normal circumstances, he need not suppress such thoughts, almost as if they abolished themselves on their own.

Rising from his chair, he'd pulled the seat out for her prior to sitting, before taking his own seat. The waiters seemed to populate the area, it was a good means of condensing, those two seemed to blend in when it came to these open settings. In fact he could recall a counseling he had with her and Sir Clement at Traverse Town's coffee shop. Unable to immediately place his thumb upon it, she seemed a tad more relaxed than usual. Though the empire was here on official business, it wasn't often recreation and blending became a part of the objective. Expressed in thought, he was relieved to a degree, at having put such confidence in her he knew she needed this downtime.

Raising his hand, flagging one of the spinning waiters. As they were presented with menus, he'd spoken up. "Could you bring us two glasses of the Jasmine Pomegranate please?" with a swift nod, the waiter made haste.

For only a moment he sat there in pause, crooking a bit of a weak smile before it quickly subsided as if never seen. This company, her company, its value came from their connection and communication. This kind of simplicity gave him better understanding of emotion, though always limited to what Ciel chose to express. As informal as they have been on occasion, their demeanor have been almost parallel. As the waiter returned with their glasses, the clear lavender colored juice of fruit had been placed at arms reach. Asking for a moment, he'd give the word when they were ready.

"I propose a ruse. During the matches, once they've gotten underway, i'll modify the outer appearance of the struggle tool to look like a keyblade. If there is anything that will provide the pure heart with a means to brandish his, it's upon encountering another one of his kind. Observing the reactions of both wielder and opponent we'll easily deter the culprit in question. I will do this during every match without fail, for a brief moment one of the two combatants will receive the farce and while closely watching both, we'll attempt to gauge their reactions."

He'd paused and given a gap of open air for Ciel to fill. In his time to himself, he'd anticipated potential questions regarding the letter he'd written her and the information thus far he's provided. Equally with time and car he's prepared responses to a certain effect.

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
Grunting, Brol packs his gun back as he walks up to Tai. Stepping back, feeling the electrical surge of the esper, Brol immediately forms out his crystal scythe, Brotherhood as he sneers at the male.

Cut off in conversation, Brol looks over his shoulders at the soldier heartless spawning as he feels the surge of magical power overwhelming him as he screams loudly. His voice bellows as an emotion of painful anger could be felt. Brol immediately raises his arm, extending out his scythe as his hazel eyes stare Tai down.

Calmly," Did... I say I wanted to fight with you? Did I say I needed your help?!"

Biting his tongue, Brol turns his back towards Tai as he prepares himself into a offensive stance as he snaps.

"I was once the Captain of the Frontlines for The King himself... You do not disrespect my ability with this charity." He quickly darts at two soldiers and in one powerful upward sweep, the soliders slice apart as he slams the blade of the scythe into the ground, echoing out a strong Fissure into the ground, stunning the heartless around him.

His movements were natural, his composure was lethal and his skills were not easily matched. The way Brol handles his scythe was that like fire dancing on a fire pit. Short bursts of powerful, igniting flashes and a stead heat. He slides back from a few combos as he grips his handle tightly.

"Get that damn esper away from me before I kill it myself..." He did his best to stay at a far range from the lightning esper as he could.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Tai was not one to comply in fear. The Espers present was a simple build up of magick and matter distorted by some species personal alchemy and art. With this know it's existence was to come and pass as needed, meaning it could never truly die. Tai knew that this guy was already informed about summoning magickal spirits, but knowing that he was a Captain sparked more interest in this guy. All Tai hoped was that he didn't really hurt the Esper. Determining the damage and the density of darkness surrounding them, the Esper would try to heal somehow, and absorbing all that negative energy could cause all types of effects. No time for things like that. Ventaiyo took over Tai's body and watched as the soldiers rising from the staircase continued to flow towards the center of the structure. Ventaiyo charged while commanding his Esper, "Rise Addy!"

Ventaiyo jumped in the air and merged a fire spell on his Excalipoor. Upon falling down into the heartless, he noticed that the Heartless were not only coming from the stairs, but also continuing to further their spawn points. He could see how this could get ugly real fast and also how the heartless could have overpowered his dad. Upon that thought he looked back at the ex-captain while using the physical blade to wade off heartless and the magical one to extinguish them. Tai lodged his flaming sword into the ground and span 360 degrees. This left a magical circle of fire. Tai casted an Aero spell to feed the fire. This caused the heartless outside of the circle to catch flame. Tai leaped from the circle and exerted the remaining fire in an X formation. Before landing closer to the Ex-Captain, Ventaiyo whistled to his Esper, this time in a more monotonic expression. The Esper charged to the center of the circle and started to draw the heartless near. It exerted a thundara spell and destroyed the fire barrier. The heartless then tried to flood the Esper. It took flight into the sky, while the heartless that managed to touch it began to dissipate due to the electricity about to be released. The Esper reached the High sky above and released a single thunder bolt, which crashed towards the staircase, but was so massive that it split into a barrage of smaller lightning bolts. This cleansed the stairway of its heartless, and got rid of the Esper, only leaving the Heartless flowing from the other areas.

"Hey! Captain icebox! You satisfied now? We shouldn't have to much more to handle."
Ventaiyo slid, shooting a water and gravity spell towards the Alley leading towards the outer city. He merged his blade with a Blizzard spell and dashed towards the Heartless, slicing them with both blades. It was almost as if he was doing one simple circling motion through the crowd of soldiers, from horizontal, to diagonal, to flowing backwards through the previous motions, and ending with an upward strike leading to a leaping cross slash in the shape of an X. Ventaiyo knew that though there were many, it wouldn't last long and he still needed information... but this battle was just getting started, and he was loving every bit of it. Almost instinctively, while fighting the continuing heartless, Ventaiyo screamed, "Let me see that Veterans passion Captain Neon Locks!" Ventaiyo teasing? This wasn't like him... Or was it?

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
Eyes widen as Brol watched the esper soar into the sky, his stomach dropping as it collects electrical energy.

"..........ugh...."

Groaning, Brol put away his scythe as he prepared himself for the inevitable. The sky flashed strongly as the esper casted its surge of Thunder Bolt. It hit the ground and scattered on the surface of the tiled floor as it ricocheted inbetween the heartless. The spell surged through the area, channeling through Brol as he immediately feels the sting of electricity running through him as he drops to his knees, caught in the esper's attack and falls onto the floor unconscious. His body releasing a burned steam as he twitches and curls.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Rika ...welcome to Jurassic Park.

The Emperor could have at least gotten someone to tend to this place, especially if it was a lead to his own hangar. The bushes were overgrown and the trees definitely needed some trimming. All this was coming from her, and she wasn't the type to doll anything up. Rika could afford a nice home, sometimes at the expense of perverts and other terrible individuals, but she knew that if you had all this tucked away you either hired someone to tend it, or you got it removed. Luckily, this was never going to be the Emperor's permanent home if she or her friends had any say in it. Now, the gardening feelings aside, it was a shame how this place had ended up. Before the big guy showed up, this garden must've been a really awesome place to relax in, maybe even sleep.

Catherine was toying with her outfit for a moment and Rika had paused in time to let her think. To some surprise Catherine had refused due to feeling undeserving. Having done nothing but serve people she had no respect or love toward, she may still feel like their plaything even out of the outfit. She found herself respecting that decision, though it may cause some negative attention grabbing from the wrong crowd. Rika herself was already a huge target in this crowd just from being herself and looking like herself too ..but the maid outfit with her might be a little much. Well, and she was only looking at the bright side, it may not be too bad after all. Attention like that brought men, and the men brought pockets, and within those pockets rested cards and cash. The good people of Radiant Garden and Twilight Town could always use more funds for their businesses.

"Okay, fair enough, now let's--" A snatch of her left hand halted Rika's train of thought and action once more. Catherine was thanking her, but the way she held her hand was similar to one of those cliche High School confession things and to be honest, she was a little freaked out. Had she been so alone and without hope for so long that some random girl like herself was really the only thing that made her this enthusiastic? She had been suffering for a long time, she made that clear, but Rika never expected it to be this bad. In a way it was sort of guilt dwelling in her mind now. Was this what it was like for most others in the Empire; people without hope and, similar to Catherine, only doing it out of fear of death or a chance at being anything other than the lower class? She felt for Catherine, but she had a job to do herself ..and Rika wasn't entirely confident she could trust her with what her intentions were from this point.

They were still mercenaries and giving Catherine any hint of her loyalties could probably give her an easy pay day, all because she would have fallen for some crocodile tears.
Turning away from her and towards the central bushes that made way to the hangar, Rika could have opted to give her nothing and be done with it. It wouldn't have been cruel to Catherine because she didn't owe Catherine anything at all.

"..Masaki." It was moreso a code-name than her real name, and she only gave the real one to select people on the outside world. Her work, what she does, may put people in danger. Catherine was still a threat until Rika had seen otherwise, so this was a test for her. "Just call me Masaki ..and keep it to yourself, okay?" They had taken enough time already, and Rika didn't feel really safe to talk around here until they actually left. Pulling her hand free from Catherine's grasp, she nodded towards the exit and stepped through the entryway towards their hangar and hoped she would do the same.

They had to leave, but the maid did especially if she wanted another chance.

-

"So ..this guy slaughters the one faction capable of finding the Pure of Heart? If he's seeking to disrupt the balance of light and dark by destroying them, then why does he need one now?"Did it involve that facility Aya mentioned during her briefing? If he can't locate the Pure himself then he only made his job that much harder, and if any of these 'Keyblade Masters' were left then then wouldn't have allied with the one who wanted to reign in darkness and evil. The amount of blood that soiled the ground they all walked on was all thanks to that man, wasn't it? If he really wanted a Pure of Heart, why didn't he use a different option?

"This guy has no idea what the word 'subtle' means. If there's any chance Dion is on this world, you need to get this data to him."
Snapping his fingers, the familiar gust of wind would blow in Ace's face, although it was much smaller than before. The load was lighter, but the transportation was faster due to the pad's small size. Within eight seconds it had arrived a little warm. Taking it in his hands while it remained stationary in the air for a short period he would hand it to Ace. "If not him, then let Aya review it. If you want to save the Pure and any Keyblader's left alive, you'll want to read the last mission on file in that. Along with it is a list of those in the Empire with considerable rank ..and while they aren't entirely our concern due to our tactics, they may be yours if you aren't careful."

Holding up a hand to Ace, Connor lowered his head, receiving one last bit of information from the Director. He returned his attention to him seconds later, looking a little more pleased than previously.

"..And luckily for you, my world is home to at least two people who wield the Keyblade. If it's necessary, we'll use them to help find your Pure of Heart."

SwagStarIV

Awards
"Aww... So he blacks out eh?" Ventaiyo was trying to avoid that happening, but finds it quite hysterical at the same time. Ventaiyo casted several cure spells in secession, but doing so cause his blizzard blade to destabilize. He was running out of magic. With not many options, he combined his swords and revealed his strongest personal sword. The Tournesol. As he sliced through the heartless they were actually dissipating like they would against the magic sword. This was surprising to Ventaiyo, but impeccable none the less.

Ventaiyo felt a surge of magic inside. Even though it wasn't enough to restore his magic significantly, it gave him enough to use one of his more advanced techniques. Ventaiyo silently uttered, "Mach Un..." Upon the arrival of the blade Ventaiyo began to slaughter the heartless in a dual wielding fashion that not many warriors could maintain. Wave after wave continued to flock towards him from groups of 2 to 5. Thankfully there wasan't that big of a rush for the heartless to get slaughtered, unlike before his Esper was sent away. Ventaiyo says aloud, "Haha its kinda funny. Before they were in such a rush to come to their doom. Now its almost like they're hesitant, or see no purpose. I kinda was hoping for a harder challenge, or at least a bigger enemy. Hey... At least i can put a cap on their power."

Ventaiyo defeated the last soldier and then felt an erupting quake in the ground. Before he knew it there was a portal closer towards the center of the courtyard. From the bowls of the darkness arrived two other heartless that was similar to the soldiers, but much more impressive in size. Ventaiyo thought, why do i have to always call it. Guess i did ask for it. Ventaiyo said out loud, "So this is the end huh? You guys cause a pretty big hassle for me and my companion. You know that right?" Ventaiyo stepped on his partners chest with enough force for him to know he was alive, but not enough to harm him more than knowing someone just shoved their foot in his chest and stated, "Wake up. Your gonna miss the finale. I will take them out without you."

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-----------------------------------------------------------------

You remembered.” Nomis’ small smile grew a little more, as he watched his brother take the empty seat on the other side of the table, before sipping the green tea, exactly like they used to years ago.

How could I forget? You used to always complain when it was wrong.” Said Nomis, laughing a little as he proceeded to sip his own tea, even when Cerden placed his cup down and spoke to his brother again.

So how long? How long did you know I was tracking you and blondie?” As Cerden asked that, Nomis just let out another small laugh, still holding the steaming hot cup as he looked towards him over the rim of his glasses.

How long? You’re a very resourceful and single minded person, Cerden. I knew you wouldn’t let a couple of soldiers hold you back for long.” Said the Gentleman, the black metal that covered his hands seemed not only to be similar to the black gears, but appeared to be very resistant to the heat of the cup itself.

As for when you arrived? I was quite confident I saw you at that station. It was only a matter of waiting and now here we are.

Placing the cup down onto its saucer, Nomis was about to say something before his eyes looked down to his right hand, turning it slightly side to side watching the sparks of electricity jump from finger to finger.

Fascinating. I do hope those who are the cause of this; survive long enough for me to examine them.” Thought the man, smiling as the sparks finally faded away, his mind already theorizing that the same electricity probably affected the gears in the pouch and the cane he held by his side.

Oh well.” Said the man suddenly, turning his gaze from his hand and to the gathering people on the edges of the sandlot, waiting for the tournament to start.

Won’t you stay and watch? You were following me, so I assume you’ve nowhere to run off too. Besides, this should be very interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the two Blitz Spear Heartless rose from their dark pools, the discharge made by Ventaiyo’s Esper continued to jump and arc throughout the courtyard, hopping from every kind of conductive surface possible. Once reaching one of the numerous dark designs that were built into the stone clad ground and walls, the charge seemed to linger longer then possible, crackling louder on the black material until the others surrounding the courtyard began to copy the first, the electricity somehow reaching all of them at once just before a low rumble began to sound.

With a mighty crack, the designs suddenly levitated from their positions, destroying their surrounding surfaces as the spark continued to link the massive black gears in the air. Rotating around them all, the giant gears linked together as if one machine, turning in perfect unison while forming a barrier of sorts. Those not part of the link slowly spun in mid-air, until two of the large objects came crashing down towards Ventaiyo and Brol, before railroading along the ground in an attempt to crush the two warriors under their immense size.

Awards
Parting ways with Ciel a dry chuckle escaped Ryoko's mouth. She never expected such endearing advice from an agent of the Empire, let alone Ciel. Her words confounded her really, was she trying to help her, or was it just a warning? Her voice had taken on a tone of melancholy she had never heard from her before, as if she had personal feelings invested in the matter. Perhaps Ciel had been in her shoes at some point, only the difference was she was able to dig her way out of the poison of reality. It was too late for her, much too late. Her life had already taken out every inch of hope she'd had, understanding people was hopeless, trusting people was hopeless. Apathy towards human life was all she knew.

But she was okay with that, the world was rotten so she might as well revel in the pleasures of the dark side. Arriving at the nearby hotel she walked up to the front desk. She paid for a room for two, then texting Ciel the room number. Entering an elevator she pressed a button to send her to the fourth floor. The moving box hummed as it it ascended, and bland music filled the air. The doors opened as she reached the proper floor. Heading down the hall she came to room 170. Opening it via a keycard she frowned at the beige room she was greeted by. It wasn't the most elegant hotel room she had seen, at least it was clean...

~~~

"So ..this guy slaughters the one faction capable of finding the Pure of Heart? If he's seeking to disrupt the balance of light and dark by destroying them, then why does he need one now?"

Ace silently shrugged his shoulders, he found the Empire's sudden interest in a Pure of Heart odd as well. They had been vanishing on the worlds taken over by the Empire, however it was always assumed they were simply killed. There was more to it than that now, the Pure of Heart were certainly being used in some manner.
"This guy has no idea what the word 'subtle' means. If there's any chance Dion is on this world, you need to get this data to him." Connor snapped his fingers, and once again an invasive wind began to blow. This transportation method they had available sure was handy... Within a few minutes a small device was in front of him, he took it out of the air and handed it to Ace. Taking it Ace eyed it curiously.

"If not him, then let Aya review it. If you want to save the Pure and any Keyblader's left alive, you'll want to read the last mission on file in that. Along with it is a list of those in the Empire with considerable rank ..and while they aren't entirely our concern due to our tactics, they may be yours if you aren't careful."

"Heh, no kidding." Ace muttered to himself as Connor once again listened to whoever was on the other side of that earpiece. He scrolled through the mission details, going over their objective and all the Generals sent to get the job done. He knew most of the Generals that showed up, this was getting complicated rather quickly.

"..And luckily for you, my world is home to at least two people who wield the Keyblade. If it's necessary, we'll use them to help find your Pure of Heart."

"If you could get their assistance that would be of great help. Though I would hate for them to become targets of the Empire. One flash of a keyblade and an entire city can be attacked just to weed them out." He wasn't being dramatic, as Connor had pointed out their enemy was hardly subtle. Transferring the data to his cell phone he mailed it to Aya.

"Looks like our plans have changed once again, We need to make sure that Pure of Heart remains out of the Empire's hands. I'll be heading there myself, what about you?"

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
Vortemis and Alfa sat on the roof of the hotel. Keeping an eyeful watch on their collegue below them with caution not to be spotted. Likely discussing on how they'd detain and capture the pure heart. For what it was worth, Alfa could've done this as a solo effort, but he didn't stand to question him of all people. The emperor. As they contemplated in great detail about Salforge, they had yet to inquire the missing information.

"I bet the master possibly sabotaged him to respond to us upon changing back. He did apologize over and over to me for his treachary, but the man was a shell of his former self, I was surprised he'd even acknowledged his sins to such a point. Pity, you still would like to see our colleague dead...yet he suffers as we did even still."

The general shrugged, looking down he might've been human and possessed a heart, but he didn't harbor feelings of sympathy, only envy and hatred for how he'd been wronged. "Didn't we betray our master and we paid for it through our own friend. If we can't take that anger of being thwarted out on some broken old man, then that resentment should be confined in Salforge. But we can't kill him as a steel heart."

Alfa during their session had actually with every attention tried to do just this. To his surprise, as O'nam's intent to erase the immovable block failed, his own endeavors in breaking apart his defense didn't go as well as he'd hoped it would have. Feverish with his animosity, he'd looked to Justice and Vortemis for their skill sets in the matter. The bitter unfeeling and isolated Salforge feigned now true signs of registering and understanding emotion. It was as if his experienced had been nullified and thwarted for twenty-three years. That was definitely suspicious, and he believed even more thoroughly that he'd been sabotaged by their master, possibly as a cruel punishment but a means to protect him from their vengeance in rebirth.

"So you said Justice was detained right? You never said where."

~~~~~

Disney Castle: The Dungeon

The youngest of the general's had been meandering about the tightest corners of the castle. This land maybe in a past life had been so full of light, now drenched in the ever present darkness. With a scowl worn across his face, he'd enacted to check upon some of their more viscious captives. The emperor in truth didn't possess a "death row" of any kind, however had had an explicitly dangerous captive in the deepest corner of his prison.

He was on block E, cell number 316.

"Well if it isn't the pretty boy general." A voice said from inside the pitch black cell.

Chained from the neck to the arms, his ankles had also pertained to chains between his legs that linked to his wrist cuffs. He'd been wearing an orange jumpsuit, likely because he wasn't some innocent civilian capture, but a hostile. Committed on several counts for slaughtering the empire's knights on guard, though not the 'Imperial Guard' (The Generals). Hardly able to make out the face of the male behind the silhouetted darkness.

"Spare me your dogma, Justice. It's been some years, you aren't in wretched indifference anymore."

"You know me? Look pal, I'm not looking for a significant other or anything like that, put me to death now if I'm gonna be used as someone's boy toy."

His vein's enthralled and stimulated, but he kept his composure.

"It's O'um Van Gleith, but nowadays I go by O'nam. I'm here to make a proposition to you, to eliminate someone for me."

The silhouette's head perked up, "You've got my attention 'nam, what did you have in mind?"

"A chance at vengeance. A chance to kill for the benefit of the original apprentice's cause. I ask, because I cannot do it myself, and there is no one better for the job than Black Justice."

His head dropped down, he smirked at first, before enacting a heinous laugh. "You want me to kill that poor bastard? The master screwed with his head, and he didn't know about our plans at the time either. I got over what he did, why can't you do the same asshole?"

"Because you don't have a choice old friend." O'nam's eyes opened, the matter began to scatter around Justice's leg, and dissociate itself right before his eyes.

"Did you become a monster when you changed back 'nam, christ! Ok! Ok! Fine, shit man!" his frantic movement as half of his foot was nearly gone. Within an instant it had been put back into his foot. His panting was evident that he actually felt fear, a good deal of fear not yet felt for a decade. "When do I kill him?"

O'nam held a hexagonal box in his hand, then rose his hand with another. "In good time. I need to first reaquaint you with someone else."

As the cell door had slid open, he'd dissociated the chains without a key. Keeping a close grip on Justice's kakugane as well as his own. "Follow me." With that, the two of them vanished into the darkness of the dungeon.

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
Feeling the surge of the healing magic from his forced party member. Brol laid there on the ground, eyes closed and proned himself as his ear was pressed against the ground. With his sense of sight temporarily lost, he took a deep breath as he channeled himself into the ground, sensing any disturbances as he felt the strong presence of the machinery moving.

"dammit..."

Brol whispered to himself as he suddenly grunts and does his best to keep his concentration as the brat was standing on him now. His eyes widen as he felt the chunks tumbling and rolling towards them.

"YOU OVERCONFIDENT..."

His slanderous cursing was muted as he grabbed Taiyo's ankle and magically phased into the ground, barely avoiding the incoming attack as two two quickly resurface. Glaring at the new enemy, Brol twitches as his hand covers his right pocket, almost hesitant to bring something out as he looks to the side.

"I cannot....."

Biting his lip, Brol pulls out his two pistols, Aftermath and Solitude as he prepares himself for battle. He looks towards his companion as he rolls his eyes, pulling out his last ether as he grunts.

"If your going to team up with Me! First thing you gotta know is your going to need to work on your magical capacity more.... and I hate Lightning."

SwagStarIV

Awards
Ventaiyo had been in many situations, but none quite like this. A giant rolling cog and 2 mysterious heartless. Who would have thought that this new land could be so exciting! As that thought came to his head he was lost in nothingness. In moments he was returned back to his original location. Ventaiyo had definitely not expected something like that. This guy was a lot stronger than originally thought to be. None the less, Ventaiyo would have to take heed to his own actions in this battle. If someone with that type of power had to dodge an immense attack such as that, then he would probably have a highly difficult time destroying it.

"If your going to team up with Me! First thing you gotta know is your going to need to work on your magical capacity more.... and I hate Lightning."

Looking towards the Heartless Ventaiyo grabs the ether and says, "Thats the spirit! Eventually I'll earn your name as well haha." Ventaiyo charged towards the heartless and cast an aeroa spell. They were both caught in the wind and were tossed around like rag dolls, resultantly ending up sprawled on the ground. The cog rolled over the heartless in an attempt to crush Ventaiyo, but instead of the likely thing to happen, the heartless sprung up in an enraged fashion.

The heartless where empowered with more darkness then they could handle and had an overpowered charge on there blades. They were attacking sporadically and their aim was seemingly everywhere. Energy slashes and lightning rained upon the courtyard, yet as the lightning hit the ground it was attracted to the cog. All the lightning was being conjured up into this spinning metal wheel of darkness. Ventaiyo noticed that where ever the slashes went, the lighting trailed behind. He was easily rolling and sliding pass the vertical slices, while jumping over the horizontal. With the wheel continuously switching between its closest victim and causing Ventaiyo to occasionally deflect the slashes, he knew this would have to be ended fast. No... We can't do it... Not yet... While dodging he screamed to his friend,"Hey! I'll send them flying again, and that will be our chance to take them out. I'm gonna need the majority of my magic to take out this wheel."

Ventaiyo jumped over the wheel and was met with a lightning slash. It sent a numbing sensation through his body. The conjured up lightning from blocking previous attacks had rendered his Tournesol useless for this battle. Metal just was not the way to go. With his wind sword in hand he flung his senseless body towards the heartless and casted aeroa again. As they went into the air, he flung him self up and struck the heartless with all the strength and magic he could muster into his wind blade and Tournesol, slinging them as if they were one blade. Knowing that he would need at least all the magic he had left to kill the wheel, the heartless dissipated, and he immediately split his Tournesol and used Excalipoor to boost his magic in his next attack. This would be one of his last efforts in this battle.

Getting Tired? Thats not like you... But then again... It's also not like you to get hit by such a barbaric attack. It was the lightning. It slowed me down... Yea yeah... Not like this is my body anyway. Im using your pathetic excuse of a warrior's bones to do this. Im a pirate. A mercenary. A rogue even. Everything but a warrior... Pathetic. You should be grateful I choose to fight your battles. Ventaiyo's mental struggle had not deterred his mental prowess. He was going to give it all he had left in his body. Upon dismissing his wind blade he stated softly, "Kasanagi... Shine!" The holy magic coursed through his body, cleansing all ailments, and spurring a new flame in Ventaiyo. Though he had less life than he had for his previous battle, he knew this was it. Ventaiyo charged towards the wheel and began to shine gold. As he embraced for impact with the cog, the light took over and he burst through a barrier of light.

For a moment, Ventaiyo was armored in gold, but had not intentionally transcended his current state. Upon bursting through this sheet of light he felt a surge of energy which propelled him to complete the slice. As he exited the shoadow engulfed metal of the cog, some of the darkness remained on the sword. In that instant of noticing the darkness the gold and the shadows on the tip of his blade vanished. After crashing into a wall from flinging himself a few inches in the air, he was thinking on the fact that he knew he had done what he could in this battle. He found himself struggling to get up and witness the results of it. The random burst of light had depleted the magic he was going to use for curing himself. Instead his light sword disappeared and he lay there trying to manually recover. Using his sword to prop him up against the wall.

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
It didn't take much time at all, as Ciel's hardened eyes collectively examined her partner's words. This manner of plan, it was a much different approach than she'd of considered. Considerably, the keyblader that was barred to secrecy and seclusion would possess much higher security than to give way to drawing any attention. In Ciel's mind, the heartless appeared far more practical as she explained moments before. It occurred to her that Salforge was indeed a former master, the instincts not far from the grasp of his memories.

"Should we use a heartless in disguise we need only be wary of it's instincts taking over should it detect the keyblader."

Salforge folded his hands, as he seemed to peer into her eyes. "I'm a little skeptical...If the heartless attacks while in disguise it could force our hand and start a panic among the residents. However it could work in our favor, but a world so close to the twilight...those creatures are explicitly rare in appearance here."

The two took a moment to pause. As their glasses had arrived, and they had began to openly discuss a more swift and open plan. One of them would have to be bait for this scheme to work. The idea of a single person brandishing a keyblade and using a heartless disguised as a resident in the crowd to act as their sniffer would suffice for the time. Having resolved a solid plan, the mercenary would be their behavioral analyst and look for the reflexive signs of a reserved man during the incident.

Curious enough, he couldn't help but sense something else. As Ciel had fallen silent in a bleak abruptness, indifferently yet with intrigue he tilted his head. "Are you well, Lady Ciel?" Salforge asked.

The air that was once cold, had carried their breathes, warmed. As if to trace phenomenon to Ciel, her hardened crystal orbs, if only for a moment seemed...much softer. She captured a brief moment, a glance locked with Salforge, and she contended with him. His reaction, though brief, lowered this lapse even further. He possessed more life in his eyes, his expression in the same moment without error, a definitive concern. This moment seemed to accelerate, as Ciel was attempting to shrink, but only magnified with astonishment.

"You know, Lady Ciel. I actually wanted to tell you something else, the way you look now. I'm moved to think you reflect on me, my letter, and what confidence I have in you I'm sure. This isn't easy for me to say, but writing it proved to be a much simpler task for me, but-"

He briefly paused to put his hand to the table and watch as the steel heart came into fruition.

"I think I've begun burgeoning the very first emotions in my time as a steel heart. You should know this, because it has a great deal to do with you. In your coldest defense, I could clearly see sacrifice within you...I've studied the heart for a number of years now. It's come to my attention that, my master did not want me to return to the life of a complete person again. That..somehow, without being specific, it is the will of my own heart that powers this box right here to sustain my existence. My heart isolates itself from even me, and I don't even understand why with all the knowledge and experience I possess."

As he stared at his hand holding his steel heart, his eyes seemed to fall on Ciel's and they didn't move. His fascination through internal epiphany formed his words.

"In you I've found something that I like. The desire to pursue my plan, is a revelation of something I'm not quite entirely sure of, but it's associated with your intent. At least that is what this heart is telling me."

It seemed undeniable at a glance, as the much more stoic and unmoving disposition normally found on his face had in some areas evaporated. Ciel could see this, a faint light distilling his dull and listless eyes that made him seem more alive to her. This verboseness, with much haste as she'd searched for the words that only her conscience could deliver, but the superego demanded solidarity. Her look at the present time gave much reveal to the icy veil she portrayed.

"It is as I have said before Sir Salforge. The heart can be misplaced, but it is not entirely gone." she opened, giving herself a moment to compose, her gaze itself hardening with conditioned resolve.

"You said the other day, that you trust me. Where did this manner of confidence come from?" as she spoke, the veil wore thin, a kind of gentleness about her with a modicum of anxiety.

Salforge released sigh. As he shut his eyes for a moment, and he'd reopened them. Taking her hand and placed it on his that held the steel heart of his within his hand. The mercenary's eyes seemed much more open and brighter in tint. The cold of his hands, reflected some warmth as he was absorbing hers.

"I'm certain that in time you can answer that Lady Ciel. These emotions that manifest when around you, I feel this quiet obligation to shield you from danger, and should I go against you then aggression and necessary hostile force seem to leave me. Should I be powerless as your enemy, then end it quickly. You've a much apparent and powerful humanity about you that draws me near my own."

[Footnote: In the sense of psychology, behavior is learned. A steel heart that possess the black kakukage is able to learn emotion from all of his interactions. The mystery of Salforge's kakugane sums that it is not the parallel to the black kakugane, and therefore must be a different type, and isolated to the significance of a much more personal activation.]

Salforge formed broken pieces of a smile, falling into place.

It was clear to her, to the best of what she'd seen. This was a compelling gentleness that she could rightly say she felt accompanied by this town, as well as Salforge. A quiet sound hummed in her head, as she then thought of someone here, a resident.

"Salforge." she said a bit more level now. "I would like you to meet someone. Meet me at Grand Central Station tomorrow and enjoy the rest of your evening Sir Salforge."

"Yes, of course Lady Ciel. You enjoy the remainder of your evening as well."

And within a matter of minutes, they'd returned to their rooms. Amassed under a mountain of thought and unsightly anticipation.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------------------

As the strike from Ventaiyo’s sword’s struck the massive cog, the dark metal that made it up quickly began to resist against the slice. The metal, while not any thicker than a steel cog that size should be, seemed to possess an internal force, fighting against the blades and only managing to cut nearly to the center in a straight line before being repelled out and away from the still spinning gear.

Just as the other, though smaller, cogs continued to float around forming the barrier, the entire structure seemed to act again as a single machine. When the main, massive cog began to stutter and freeze randomly, as if something had been jammed inside some invisible portion of it, the rest of the objects started to act in the very same fashion. Spinning normally in unison, the gears reacted just like always until freezing in time with the lead gear.

The built up electrical charge soon started to crackle over the surface of the sliced gear, affecting the others just like it had done originally before it came crashing down, rolling once again on a single path towards Brol, the lighting erupting off its body and striking the ground on all sides as its giant ridges tore up the stone and dirt while travelling right for its target.

At this time, two more gears broke away from the barrier around the two warriors, and though smaller then the lead cog, made up with the fact that once they slammed into the ground from their height, they continued to bounce, crushing anything that was unfortunately under them as the two gears jumped and pulverised any and all under them while moving quickly towards Ventaiyo.

Brol

ATDT-ToA-ToS
Awards
"...Fine."

Brol rushes towards the enemy, firing a blaze of crystalized bullets as he slide underneath one of the various gears, firing an array of crystal bullets. Immediately as he reached the other side of the gear, Brol slams his hands down onto the ground, raising them up as a large earth pillar grows beneath another gear, smashing into it.

Huffing a bit, Brol prepares himself for another volley, loading his clips with more crystal as he gets sideswiped by a few small gears as he slams into the ground. Grunting he kneels up and puts his guns away, biting his lip.

"Bastards are stronger than I thought.... Only problem I am seriously out of practice.. and this runt's too weak... dammit... I .. I don't want to lose again..."

Catching his breath and casting Cure on himself, Brol pulls out his synthesized scythe as he puts himself at a stance. Watching Taiyo battle against this force, he frowns a bit as he remembers himself going through the Academy and laughs.

"Taiyo.... your a dumbass!"

He watched as the guy glowed gold and ripped through the enemy and crashed against the wall. He raises his hand as he casted Cure on Taiyo and crouched. It was his turn to pull this battle into victory as he watched the electrified gears rush at him again and attack Taiyo at the same time.

His eyes widen as he had to choose between the two as he stood there for a moment, shaking his head and phased under the ground. His hand reached out of the wall beside Taiyo and pulled him into the wall, seconds before the attack struck as he resurfaced behind the gear mechanism.

Handing him his last ether, he grunts and pants a bit.

"I cant do that trick too many times kid... don't be so reckless..."

Extending out his arm with the scythe, Brol dashes towards the gears, jumping back and roaring out a Fira spell out of his mouth toward an incoming gear.

SwagStarIV

Awards
Ventaiyo had felt a surge of replenishing energy, but before he flinch the gears were above him and on the verge of ending his journey quite prematurely. So the Zodiac Knight is going to fall again? Shall i assist you in the way that us celestial beings are usually fornidden to, or shall you allow the path of darkness to consume you? No i will do neither! I will- Times up... "Huh!?!?" In a gasp Ventaiyo was brought to a secure area, unscathed. Ventaiyo heard the voice of his companion, exclaiming his abilities limit. Ventaiyo did not take his new friends warning lightly. Instead Ventaiyo says to him, "Haha... Thanks! I thought i was..." He paused as if he had all the time in the world, then continued more softly, "I thought I was a goner haha" Why didn't he tell him about Venat? Ventaiyo threw his questionable actions aside and summoned his elemental blades, "Mach Un... Kasanagi. Shine!" With both elemental weapons in hand he stated, "Roar of wind, Embracing light... Clutch!" An aerora spell was casted on his Mach blade, resulting in a boost in the wind flying from it, as well as making him lighter on his feet. Ventaiyo put his Mach blade in a reverse grip, dove forward with his light sword shining, and as a beam was shot from it. His sword retracted the beam back, adding a holy attribute to his light sword. With both swords emitting the aura of the element they contained, Ventaiyo rolled as he landed from his small dive, and his wrist bands began to glow.

The gravity effect of his wrist bands was being purposely enacted on, and he used the less restricting gravity and the boosted elemental swords to soar through one of the bouncing cogs that where sent towards him. Using the wind being emitted from his Mach blade to alter his direction of flight, he dove down from the sky and sliced back through the same cog. Though the cog was destroyed, its darkness was weakening the effect of his light blade. As he landed on the ground, sliding from the propulsion and weaker gravity, he slid under the second bouncing cog and shot his remaining wind and holy attributes into the cog. Ventaiyo screamed, "Burst!" The aeroa spell and the remaing light from his Shine ability lifted the cog and hindered its immediate descent. Ventaiyo then lunged towards the hanging cog and began to assault it in the air. Upon his final strike he stated, "Crushing Clutch!" A gravity attribute was added to both of his swords. He struck the cog down and threw his elemental swords exclaiming, "Disperse!" This ultimately released his gravity spell upon the cog, stalling its recoil back to the sky, and his weapons of magic pierced through the darkness and dissipated. As Ventaiyo dropped from the sky he grabbed his Excali swords and combined them into Tournesol for the finishing blow.

Ventaiyo was enjoying this. Completely forgetting the fact that he was expending magick drastically. In his eyes he didn't need it. Plus there was always his nethecite orbs. He could draw the magick from them, but he would save those for a more dire time. Ventaiyo energetically yells, "Hey captain! You not done yet? If i can get rid of them so easily i know you shouldn't have a problem right?" Aside from the jokes. Ventaiyo wondered. Where are these things coming from? Is this the wrath of the heartless? I can see why someone from my planet would struggle with such a feat, but with companions this isn't to bad. If only my father... Child this is no time for self reflection. This battle has not yet been decided. You should focus more on aiding your comrade and destroying this barrier. You might have to- No! You already warned me of the possible consequences. I'm not pushing it unless i have to. I refuse to become pure of either side! I need to remain myself, with ALL of me in tact, so that i can rightfully and fully feel the accomplishment of avenging my father. After that... You can do as you please.

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
The day, had only but turned into another.

Salforge sat in the window sill this time. He seemed to gape endless at the town's grand setting, almost as if to escape his excruciating myriad of thoughts. To his unwavering mind, the thought of an unclear future behind his current path was all but reassuring. As the scent of coffe seemed to linger from the cafe below, he'd opened the window up wide this time and seemed to stare across the horizon. The struggle tournament was tomorrow, so they'd no less than a day to prepare for the festivities before attempting to capture this pure heart.

He paused, but then quickly moved from the window closing it behind him. Up hours of the night, he'd often found it was hardest when attempting to sleep when he was always wide awake. In truth Salforge seemed to be a bit perplexed and wrapped around his concern for Ciel. He could always stand to know a bit more about her, though these were questions he instinctively never asked, perhaps it would be far too human of him to even consider them, so it was often the thought was perishable.

Releasing a sigh, he rose to the occassion and went to the shower provided in his room.

-Enter dual narrative-

What was it like, to feel as if you were burdened with something? Running their heads under the comfort of hotwater, this was a luxury to them both. As Ciel ran her fingers through her hair, a faint clutch of exasperation was hinted. Simply too much was on her mind, even as she was reminded of things she'd often avoid thinking about. As the water touched upon her, it traced the outline of her body and carried away the lather of ivory soap. Salforge folded his arms and let it hit his head, strangely enough, showering now it almost was as if the warmth felt, welcoming? His eyes were dimly open, strained by what was on his mind. How he'd love to forget it all, if only for an instant, but it just was not as simple as he'd pictured it. The water stopped, and in towel and steam, they'd approached the mirror. Ciel's hardened eyes and Salforge's listless ones seemed to gun a their own reflections and for a moment it was as if time for them had stopped. Picking apart themselves, and quickly conconstructing themselves as well. Dutifully, Ciel's time was cut in half as she'd proceeded into her routine and to her wardrobe. Salforge simply stared, gazing into his red eyes, that seemed to slowly resonate an innocence of confusion and compassion, but it quickly diminished by his steel heart's awareness.

-End dual narrative-

"Perhaps...it is true loneliness that..." his mouth closed before he could complete his thought.

As promised, the two had met at the lobby of the inn. Alfa was sitting in an easy chair, he yawned as humans that are tired do. A simple wave behind his large hat that concealed his face, perhaps more interested in finding Ryoko today. It seemed as if those two had something to take care of and he'd not bother them. Salforge turned to Ciel whom like himself, had become quite good at choosing casual attire. Though juvenile it was hard to recognize each other outside of their utmost formal attire.

They walked to Grand Central Station. As they'd entered the walls of the perimeter, Salforge seemed to daunt at the train that had entered the station. Ciel's gesture to this area, as if she'd awaited someone's arrival, but who? Within a matter of moments, he had the confirmation he'd need. As the mystical train's doors slid open,not entirely unusual, but a woman had disembarked from the train in a rather hard to miss elegance. As her eyes drew upon Lady Ciel, pure reverie if no better way to describe it.

"Ciel! Ah there you are, prompt and on time as usual. You should really loosen up a bit more." she'd said in such an odd tone.

"You need not concern over something minor Athena. It is certainly a pleasure to see you again, it's been some time since we have encountered one another."
Ciel said as montonously and reserved as always.

"Oh come now Ciel." she interjected, then payed close attention to the man that accompanied her. "And who might this man be?"

"Salforge. It's a pleasure, Miss...-"
"Athena. You're quite charming Sir Salforge, but you're a bit...scrawny."

Salforge then tilted his head, he wasn't quite sure what to make of that last comment. Though, his charm also was greatly restricted to his current condition. He was locked in a state of wonder momentarily, before Athena's strange request. Ciel's facial expression to her impulsive statement was worth mention, but he witheld such a comment his mind was fabricating.

"May I see your hand, Sir Salforge?" she inquired almost as if with a child's curiousity.

Hesitant at first, he turned over his left hand to Lady Athena. He felt something, but it felt like a block that registered to him as if a gentle hand to be almost intrusive to his well being. How fast his hand realed back, showed more caution than intrigue.

"What did you just attempt to do? It was as if you were digging into my own existence. Through my spatial shielding even..."

Athena paused playfully, though not to incite any hostility she simply composed a short reply. "I mean you no harm Sir Salforge, it is simply how I inquire about those foreign to me. A simple touch is how I garner information, qualities about the individual, nothing more." her warmth was complimented by a sincere smile. "If you don't mind Sir Salforge, I need to steal your lady friend from you for a moment." she teased, as she stepped outside with her cousin.

Salforge stood there, now more contemplative than ever. He could swear, he'd felt something other worldly about Ms. Athena. He was shaped around protective power and surveilance, and to feel invaded was almost, perhaps he couldn't shield himself from her perceptive prowess. Her grin seemed to lock in place, but he'd only wait to continue this chat.

Awards
Stepping out of the hotel's shower Ryoko reached for a towel, wrapping it around her body tightly. The small room was thick with mist, the tiled walls wet from condensation and the oval mirror fogged to a dull appearance. A relaxed breath escaped her mouth, and she wondered just how long she had been in the shower. The mission was firmly placed in her mind, though her lingering emotions tied to this world refused to fade away. Ciel had told her to wake up, to stop hanging on the past and face reality. She gazed into the foggy mirror, unable to see her own reflection. Why should she reflect on who she was? On her own two feet she stood, faced the adversity of the world and reigned over it. Chaos was the rule of the universe, and as such she would embrace it. It was too late for her to take a path of light, her naivety and hope were long gone.

Taking her time in getting dressed she adorned herself in a short cut amethyst dress, keeping her stylish fur lined boots on as her footwear of choice. Making her way out of the hotel room she trotted down the steps to the lobby. Sitting there alone was Alfa, who had been waiting for her. "You're a patient man aren't you?" She sat down next to him, in such a close proximity that one could swear they were lovers. She was clearly teasing him, she was curious as to what kind of person he was, beyond a man that thought it fit to kill to advance his rank. "So, what is it you wished to discuss?"

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
Just had been provided with a change of clothes. As a prisoner of the empire having been apprehended by Clement no more than a year ago, he filled the cell fairly recently. He stood walking, his hands were cuffed behind his back, and a collar had been cruelly chained to the cuffs. As he'd followed O'nam, now into the second day in his company. Justice Black just yawned, as they had entered the halls from leaving the dungeon.

"So you're really gonna kill me if I don't take him out for you? Wouldn't that, I don't know suck, especially if you can't kill him yourself anyway."

"How rudimentary Black, anything to get you to cooperate, you're selfishness of your own life seems to be the best part to attack in bargaining."

Justice's eye winced. 'Bastard.' His teeth ground just a little bit, and he glared at the back of O'nam's head. "I'm telling you, I'm kind of grateful to have gone through that experience and yeah it was pretty crappy how we were sabotaged before it all, but because of my change of heart...oh wait."

"Justice. This isn't up for negotiation, you'll either complete the task as only you can, or..."

O'nam turned to tap his neck, and began to dissociate the matter that was Justice's restraints. He tossed him his hexagonal shaped box, the kakugane belonging to justice. As O'nam raised his own, the amalgum symbol their master branded these devices with were always unusual. The convict's clutch on the box was firm, he used his a little differently considering his busou renkin made him an "autonomous weapon" all around, similar to how Salforge was built per their master's ambition. This made Black Justice a terror, as he held the kakugane forward, it dispersed a web of chains, at their ends were a rapture of square shaped blades.

O'nam on the other hand, was an archer all the way around. His box simply shaped into a bow and arrow, though the arrows were in a variety of wooden for speed, and steel arrows for piercing power. The variety for a quick pin, and the other to clear objects when in pursuit. He took a bit more of an elegant pose as they were in the courtyard.

"Philip killed our most powerful general by taking him by surprise. Sir Clement was a noble man, in truth, I see him dead in my eyes, him and Salforge both." he said, readying his bow.

The chains buzzed and hissed around Justice, in a web-like fashion. He was a walking executioner, the blades turning into cuffs, and vice versa. He sighed, looking back at O'nam, as the chains were being pulled back into the device he held tightly in his hand. Justice didn't care about this, they were wasting his time, but he couldn't get off the world without going through additional trouble just to get to the hangar.

"I'll do it. And if you think just picking off our collegues is such a wise decision, then so be it. When do I leave for the assignment."

"There is no hurry. Lady Ciel and Sir Nomis are with them, it seems appropriate to take him down when they aren't on assignment."

"Understood..."

~~~

Alfa sat there patiently for Ryoko, the sound of her voice circulated through his ears. It seemed serene, if for a moment as he raised his hat. The cut of his once apple-green orbs, were now a crisp and ravishing amber. The eyes of a seeker of darkness, though his nature for the moment was pretty much still intact. He couldn't help but notice his hair was beginning to grow since then. "Good morning Lady Ryoko." Alfa said with a well implemented smile. "We'll discuss the mission objective over some breakfast, if you'd allow me the leisure of your company."

He graciously took her hand, and rose from the loveseat with her. "I know a cafe not too far from here."

It was a relatively short walk. Inside of the shop, the smell of coffee was of course the most prevailing. Alfa took a seat, and buzzed for the waitress to bring a hazelnut coffee to start off.

"Well Lady Ryoko, I've held the streets under surveilance, and made a list of the residents by name and face." he handed her a list of inquired names. "There are a few kendo teachers on this list. It just conjecture, but affiliating kendo with the pure of heart seems like a start."

Awards
Warm sunlight faded by cream colored curtains seeped into Asahina's dorm room. The lone lamp in the room was off, leaving the room to be filled with the orange glow of the nearly ever present skyline. Sitting under the window was Asahina. Her legs were close to her body, and a sketch pad rested upon them. Her left hand held an uneasy charcoal pencil; she was attempting to sketch the town's clock tower. She just couldn't do it, her mind was elsewhere and the tip of her pencil was simply creating a mess. She sat the sketching tools on the floor beside her, frustrated that something that was meant to come natural to her was proving to be difficult. Her hands wrapped around a piece of jewelry hanging from her neck. It was a turquoise charm made in the shape of a swan in flight. It was a gift from Hiroki before he left to his world. The empire had attacked his home, and they needed him. He did not leave before laying a bomb of information on her however. He told her everything, who he was, and just who 'she' really was. He was a keyblader, a warrior of light that she'd only seen glimpses of before the empire came to be. He was her protector and saw it as his duty to keep her safe. He was still her friend; he let her know that nothing would ever change that.

As for who 'she' really was, he told her that she was a 'Pure of Heart.' A being with no darkness in their heart, a living epitome of light. Needless to say it was a lot for her to take in, a lot to believe. She trusted Hiroki however, with all her heart. This charm he left with her was all the protection she needed, he said it would stifle her presence from those seeking her. Standing up to her feet she walked over to her desk. In between the pastels and other art supplies was a ticket. Picking it up she pondered for a moment. It was a ticket to the struggle tournament, one of Twilight Towns most celebrated events. She was interested in it, however there would be a large crowd and she wasn't sure she would be able to handle it. "Hiroki..." She missed him dearly; if he were there with her a simple crowd wouldn't intimidate her. A lump of tension formed in her throat, she knew should couldn't rely on him anymore; she had to learn to live without him for now. Taking a deep breath she stepped through her door. She could do this, she had to.

~~~~​

"Taking the list from Alfa Ryoko eyed it with scrutiny. She had been wondering what he had been doing for the cause of the mission, she had guessed simply spying on citizens and she was right. The waitress Alfa called over arrived to the table, with a creaky smile she placed his order down on the table and walked off to attend to other customers. Ryoko wasn't sure where he was going with this, after all what did kendo have to do with a pure of heart? Unless he figured a keyblader would be teaching kendo classes somewhere. She sat the list down and called for the waitress. "Are you ready to order?" She asked in a tone that reminded Ryoko of plastic coated with sugar. Fake, forced, and sickening.

"The special of the day please... And by chance, do you know when the struggle is starting?" She asked, putting on the facade of a curious citizen. The waitress wrote down the request on an order sheet, her gaze then going to a clock hanging on a wall in the back of the cafe.

"It starts in two hours, I was supposed to go this year, but nooo, my boss told me I had to work today. I swear this i-"

"Sweetie... My order?" Ryoko kept a charming smile on, fighting the urge to stitch her mouth shut. The waitress gasped, Once she was out of the way she continued speaking to Alfa. "I am sure you must have heard of this local competition? A contest full of people swinging over-sized blue bats at each other to collect the prize balls they hold. Local swordsmen tend to attend it, as well as anyone else seeking entertainment in this dull town. I suggest we pay the event a visit.

Ðari

the crown is heavy
Staff member
Awards
Salforge had placed his back to the door, his eyes were shut and while he had no intention of listening, Ciel had began to dispense in conversation with Athena.

"Well cousin, I see you've made a friend. Is this Salforge a consort of yours."

"Athena must we pry as if we're girls, its been ages."

"Oh Ciel, is it wrong of me to take interest in that portion of your life? Besides, from that single touch I could nearly glimpse into his perceptions of you."

Ciel's interest though resolute had been piqued. Athena was her cousin, and as girls first, she mischievously took the initiative that the lady Ciel professionally put lower priority over. The look was a plain as the smile that seemed to occupy Athena's face, Ciel knew this look all too well. Her usual veil rendered powerless in the face of kin, a rose lining seemed to fill her face, and with delight Athena smirked with cunning.

"I think I understand without a second look Ciel." she said, giving her a well-timed wink of acknowledgement. "I didn't come here just to consult the nature of our business regarding what you've found cousin. I want you to come home with me, you're mother and father are worried sick about you." With such conviction, Athena attempts to reach for her cousin. Though Ciel's radiance is that of a cold one, she is momentarily drawn by Athena's words.

For a moment it were as if the glacial guardian could feel the icy fingers of the past. A past that had haunted her, where grievance is something she came to be close friends with for a time. How a mistake seemed to amplify itself over and over and transform into her tormentor. Though resilient now when faced with the memories, they have been all but forgotten, but tightly locked behind a thick and icy wall. Ciel herself time to time will scratch at the wall, but it is nothing beyond the reigns of her own constriction.

"Athena...I'm afraid I can't return home with you...its far too soon. There are matters here that I must attend to..." the touch of ice had re-invigorated, as her monotonous tone had begun to surface.

"Ciel, please reconsider. All you've ever truly done is willingly put distance between yourself and your problems, your family is understanding...but you need to see that for yourself, by coming back with me." Athena spoke, her hand resting on Ciel's as they sat the table.

As Salforge stood quietly behind the door. His ears were as acute as ever, the thought of Ciel departing from the world unexpectedly with her relative. Maybe at one point he could honestly say he didn't care, but it was complicated. It would in a way be painful if she left, he wasn't quite sure, but thinking about her leaving manifested the first pain he'd ever experienced. An aching, that felt like a scratch at first, but growing more ludicrous by the moments that passed.

"....." he said nothing.

"Don't misunderstand cousin, as much as I wish to return, there are things on my own I need to confront before I confront them. Let me do things my way."

Athena released a lofty sigh, this was to be expected. It had been about seven years since she had seen her younger cousin Ciel, as to be expected she'd at every turn refused and resisted her temptation. In her own eagerness, perhaps it was a good thing that Ciel resisted. No manner of touch could discern as to why Ciel chose to stay on this path, but Athena couldn't be anymore proud of her. Rising from the table, Athena had went to briefly embrace Ciel with a hug, unfortunately this was goodbye, for now. They touched, and here Athena began to realize as she faded in Ciel's grip, whispering something in her ear, a final penetration of her ice before vanishing from the world.

"Goodbye, Athena."

To the mist, Ciel could feel the trickle of particles that was once her cousin, slip through the open crevices of her fingers. The lights that danced around the dimly light room from Athena's trail of inter-dimensional travel. She secured herself now, but left to linger on Athena's final words. As the door had opened and the mercenary had entered, minutes after Athena's departure.

"Lady Ciel?" He said curiously, "Where is your cousin, Lady Athena?"

As Ciel turned to face Salforge, the mercenary in recent years had finally been acknowledged as a companion. As she studied the pattern in his behavior, as if to say from experience, he'd become a gentle giant. Though, this was not her primary area of concern, the pressing plans for the empire are what truly seated her interest and thoughts.

"She departed Sir Salforge. I apologize for her etiquette in dispensing with all due goodbyes." she said, before walking through the door and the two continued out of the docile building.

----alfa edit goes here, soooooo tired------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back