• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So...why does Roxas/Ven look like Sora. I might be missing something.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RueLi

Website
dnangelsora.deviantart.com
I haven't played through all of BBS, so bear with me.

Roxas looks like Sora
Ven looks like Sora
Vanitas looks like Sora

--BUT!!--

Ven first "connected" with infant Sora after his heart was shattered by Xehanort

...I'm a bit confused. I was under the assumption that Roxas/Ven have a likeness to Sora. But the way I've become to understand as of now, it seems to be the other way around since Ven would've had to have been born first (Sora bearing likeness to Ven--in turn, to Roxas).

How does one look like someone who hadn't been born yet??
Someone try and give me an explanation on the whim that I may have missed something, please.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Ven touched Sora's heart when Sora was an infant. This caused Vanitas take on Sora's appearance, before that we're led to believe Vanitas had no face.
I don't think this is confirmed, but it seems as though Ven touching Sora's heart when he was an infant, shaped Sora's appearance.
Roxas has Ven's heart and Sora's body, so Roxas takes on an identical appearance to Ven.

Crystal

Silver Member
Ven touched Sora's heart when Sora was an infant. This caused Vanitas take on Sora's appearance, before that we're led to believe Vanitas had no face.

So, Vanitas is like Xion?I wonder whether Terra and Aqua can see his face?

I don't think this is confirmed, but it seems as though Ven touching Sora's heart when he was an infant, shaped Sora's appearance.

Yeah.Since Ven is connected with Sora.

Roxas has Ven's heart and Sora's body, so Roxas takes on an identical appearance to Ven.

It's had been confirmed that Roxas having Ven's heart?

Crystal

Silver Member
Me too think that Vanitas just like Xion.. I don't think Terra and Aqua saw his face though..

Because he remain as a masked guy until Keyblade Graveyard. Where he meets Ven.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So, Vanitas is like Xion?I wonder whether Terra and Aqua can see his face?
Well, Vanitas isn't a puppet like Xion. So, I think anyone could have seen his face... but they didn't because he always kept his mask on. Xion is more of a mirror.

It's had been confirmed that Roxas having Ven's heart?
It's not confirmed by Nomura, but the video games basically confirm it themselves.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Vanitas may or may not have had a face when he was born, although I'm leaning towards he had one, which looked like Ven. I mean, Van and Xion aren't really on the same page...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Vanitas may or may not have had a face when he was born, although I'm leaning towards he had one, which looked like Ven. I mean, Van and Xion aren't really on the same page...
If he did have a face, I can only imagine he would have looked just like Ventus. I wonder if we will every really know if he originally had a face or not.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Aqua: "This boy [Sora] is the spitting image of Ven."

So, yeah, I think we take this as that Ven affected Sora's appearance, but in the end it really don't matter that much. People can coincidentally look similar; it's a common thing.

Crystal

Silver Member
Well, Vanitas isn't a puppet like Xion. So, I think anyone could have seen his face... but they didn't because he always kept his mask on. Xion is more of a mirror.

I mean Vani is like Xion, his face is depending on who see him.
Not puppet..

When Vanitas is create, Ven haven't connected to Sora by the time, so I think he had no face until the connection with Sora.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Aqua: "This boy [Sora] is the spitting image of Ven."

So, yeah, I think we take this as that Ven affected Sora's appearance, but in the end it really don't matter that much. People can coincidentally look similar; it's a common thing.
If Sora looks like Ven because of the heart connection, we might be able to compare it to MX's and Braig's connection.

When Vanitas is create, Ven haven't connected to Sora by the time, so I think he had no face until the connection with Sora.
What's stopping Ven from influencing Van's look? I mean, I'd think he would have more influence than Sora would.

Crystal

Silver Member
What's stopping Ven from influencing Van's look? I mean, I'd think he would have more influence than Sora would.

So, you're saying that Van and Ven basically have the same look, but after Ven's connection with Sora, Sora came to influence Van more?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If Sora looks like Ven because of the heart connection, we might be able to compare it to MX's and Braig's connection.

True, but we still can't say whether Ven affected Sora's appearance or not.
We see the characters affected by MX (Braig and Isa/Saix) before their appearances change, so we know MX was who caused as. With Sora, he connects to Ven the moment he's born.

Nayru's Love

Awards
So, you're saying that Van and Ven basically have the same look, but after Ven's connection with Sora, Sora came to influence Van more?
It's a possibility, and one that I would prefer over having no face since I think Xion's facelessness could be explained in way in which Van's face can't.
True, but we still can't say whether Ven affected Sora's appearance or not.
We see the characters affected by MX (Braig and Isa/Saix) before their appearances change, so we know MX was who caused as. With Sora, he connects to Ven the moment he's born.
Agreed, there's no sure way yet of confirming a similarity. I still like the idea, though.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I mean Vani is like Xion, his face is depending on who see him.
Not puppet..
Well, since Ventus is the only one who saw him I guess it's hard to say. But I would still say what we saw would be his only face once Ven connected to Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, since Ventus is the only one who saw him I guess it's hard to say. But I would still say what we saw would be his only face once Ven connected to Sora.

Not completely true...Master Xehanort also saw Vanitas's face. After the MoM-Exam when MX met with Van and asked him about Ven, he had his mask in his arms, it was just that the player couldn't see it then because the camera only moved up to Vanitas's throat.

As for Ven affecting Sora that's pretty much highly probable. They both formed a very deep and close connection and Sora's heart was just in the process of being born.
So it would not be surprising if Sora's newborn heart took some impressions of Ven and affected Sora's appearance.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Not completely true...Master Xehanort also saw Vanitas's face. After the MoM-Exam when MX met with Van and asked him about Ven, he had his mask in his arms, it was just that the player couldn't see it then because the camera only moved up to Vanitas's throat.
Oh I forgot that. XD But since it doesn't show us what Vanitas looks like when MX sees him, it's still hard to say.

As for Ven affecting Sora that's pretty much highly probable. They both formed a very deep and close connection and Sora's heart was just in the process of being born.
So it would not be surprising if Sora's newborn heart took some impressions of Ven and affected Sora's appearance.
I'd like for something in game/even the dreaded Nomura interview to finally confirm this. So we can know if we're right or if Sora and Ven are just coincidentally similar.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh I forgot that. XD But since it doesn't show us what Vanitas looks like when MX sees him, it's still hard to say.
I tend to believe it's on purpose that the player doesn't see Vanitas's face at that time...*ggg*.
As this scene takes place at "current BBS-time" it is quite safe to assume that Vanitas looks like a black spiky-haired, golden-eyed Sora already at that time.

The actual period in which Vanitas either has no face or is a "dark Ven" would only be days, at most weeks.
As long as it took MX to realize that Vanitas is feeding off the powers of the injured Ven and his heart got into a critical status, as then Sora's heart would jump in and Vanitas would get his "future Sora-look".
On this note it'll be interesting if Xehanort saw Vanitas without Mask before he dumped Ven on DI and what he would deduce from Vanitas's face suddenly changing appearance...

Taocha said:
I'd like for something in game/even the dreaded Nomura interview to finally confirm this. So we can know if we're right or if Sora and Ven are just coincidentally similar.
Coincidentally similar?
To be honest...I rather believe that Riku's and Vanitas's dark suits are coincidentally similar than Sora and Ven.
To make this easier for myself I actually invented the metaphor of "Heart-brothers" or "Heart-twins" for these two to actually somewhat describe their indeed very close bond.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back