• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So who else is just soaking it in?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yeah that was there in the Vinella versions of KH1.

And the new heartless beat my ass last time! ( haven't died on bosses, but normal heartless? that's a new one.) I was in Traverse Town and I saw this like dark purple girl monkey (y'know the girl ones that throw bananas in Deep Jungle?) And I went to fight it because I'm like, "Pssh, it's the girl monkey, I can take it." Ha, diddly that! I go near it and I see this like crosshairs on me and I keep getting shot at and I'm like WTF is that!? And there's a mob of these... and in like a minute I got killed... and it's like WTF was that?!

You're meant to attack them without them seeing you. They see you, they respawn quickly and attack ruthlessly.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Agreed on the pre-final save trio of fights, but it's a trio nonetheless. You can summon tink multiple times there.

Already spoiled in regards to superheartless.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I know, Final Mix is HARD. I die ALL THE TIME I feel like I'm 12 and that I'm playing the game again for the first time. Also very unsettling when you walk into an area and see a Heartless you've never seen before. I know I should be expecting that but my first reaction is always WHAT THE HELL IS THAT.

Yeah that was there in the Vinella versions of KH1.

You're meant to attack them without them seeing you. They see you, they respawn quickly and attack ruthlessly.

Oh I didn't know that! I just thought they were the same heartless just colored differently. Thanks for the info!

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Apparently the purple monkies are...Sniperwilds or sumthin? But I saw that when you beat some, more show up. You get rare stuff if you can kill around 30, I think. Less % chance if you kill less, of course.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
And the new heartless beat my ass last time! ( haven't died on bosses, but normal heartless? that's a new one.) I was in Traverse Town and I saw this like dark purple girl monkey (y'know the girl ones that throw bananas in Deep Jungle?) And I went to fight it because I'm like, "Pssh, it's the girl monkey, I can take it." Ha, diddly that! I go near it and I see this like crosshairs on me and I keep getting shot at and I'm like WTF is that!? And there's a mob of these... and in like a minute I got killed... and it's like WTF was that?!

Yes that happened to me also. xD Anyone come across the heartless that looks like the red nocturne, yellow opera, etc. but black? I saw it in Deep Jungle just floating there staring at me. Then it split into five and it took me a while to realize how to fight it. :p

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yes that happened to me also. xD Anyone come across the heartless that looks like the red nocturne, yellow opera, etc. but black? I saw it in Deep Jungle just floating there staring at me. Then it split into five and it took me a while to realize how to fight it. :p

O__O Sounds scary.

I'm actually holding off on the playthrough now until I get my new tv, so soaking in the artbook! Hah. I need this HD experience to be legit and finally realize the potential of all my Blu-Ray and PS3 games (not to mention HD Netflix), so I'll probably starting a thread in the elsewhere subforums for recommendations. xD

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah, it was actually pretty simple.
Just run far back, watch the one that bops up, and then when they swap around, follow the one that bopped up, and attack.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
O__O Sounds scary.

I'm actually holding off on the playthrough now until I get my new tv, so soaking in the artbook! Hah. I need this HD experience to be legit and finally realize the potential of all my Blu-Ray and PS3 games (not to mention HD Netflix), so I'll probably starting a thread in the elsewhere subforums for recommendations. xD
I just got a new tv for my birthday. So I'll tell you that the wait is worth it! ;3

The game is so vivid and crisp it almost hurts my eyes; but in a good way.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I just got a new tv for my birthday. So I'll tell you that the wait is worth it! ;3

The game is so vivid and crisp it almost hurts my eyes; but in a good way.
I, for one, know the feeling. XD The color saturation and white levels on a properly calibrated LCD tv can be very bright.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Thank GOODNESS I'm not just crazy! X'D

I got a 32" Seiki for $98 at Kmart. SCORE! And who says only Wally World has good deals?! ;D

I got a Wally World LCD 19" for $300 back in the day. Wompwomp. Time to upgrade - to a LED now that all the thin 3D screens are coming out. I'm thinking like... 50-60" will help properly soak it in. I will be straight up marinating in a KH1.5 drunken stupor. 8D

axel95

Awards
It conviently worked out that this is my freshman year at college, so I needed to get a TV anyway. I got a 24" LED HD from Walmart for $124! While 50+" are the ideal way to soak it in, this one gets the job done!

Gram

Banned
Awards
Apparently the purple monkies are...Sniperwilds or sumthin? But I saw that when you beat some, more show up. You get rare stuff if you can kill around 30, I think. Less % chance if you kill less, of course.

lawl I ran into some of those the first time I got to Traverse Town. I only managed to get one before the rest killed me. xD

Aragem

Does anyone else notice that you're playing the game a little bit differently? Not talking about the triangle button difference ( which is very useful and great btw), but when I played KH in the past, I tended to ignore Goofy and Donald status went fighting and tend to let them recover on their own during combat, but now I find myself throwing them healing spells when their hp reaches 0 or low. I'm being a bit more of a tactician now than I was ten years ago.

Anyway, yeah, the graphics are wonderful. I just LOVE how colorful everything is from Sora's blue eyes, to Ariel's bright red hair, and to Peter Pan's green outfit. I love how fluid Riku and Sora's faces are during their close up scenes.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Does anyone else notice that you're playing the game a little bit differently? Not talking about the triangle button difference ( which is very useful and great btw), but when I played KH in the past, I tended to ignore Goofy and Donald status went fighting and tend to let them recover on their own during combat, but now I find myself throwing them healing spells when their hp reaches 0 or low. I'm being a bit more of a tactician now than I was ten years ago.

Anyway, yeah, the graphics are wonderful. I just LOVE how colorful everything is from Sora's blue eyes, to Ariel's bright red hair, and to Peter Pan's green outfit. I love how fluid Riku and Sora's faces are during their close up scenes.

I usually heal them if i'm playing on the normal difficulty but not really on Proud since they die in about 3-4 hits on Proud. xD

Aragem

What I've done is make sure they get upgraded weapons and equipment and they do alright. I would heal Donald and then he would revive Goofy. When I got to the Hollow Bastion second time around, I found that it helps if you have Donald use defensive magic constantly so he is always healing and using aero.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I certainly noticed. I was always aware of the customization of D&G but never used it till this remaster. I've actually been putting thought into how to set them. I've come up with the system that revolves around Goofy's mp gift ability. [its where he can give you his mp]
That ability with mp rage practically makes him a second mp bar for you if you set him to where he only ever does normal attacks.

For some reason, this playthrough, I cant even afford to upgrade their equipment.

lol Your not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back