• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, where's "Xehanort"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Guys, I'm slowly catching on here. Xehanort is gonna come back, known since 2008.
What I want to know is how many of him are there simultaneously existing?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^^ To be even more specific, the interviewer said "something." Nomura himself confirmed how the status of who has Terra's heart (and possibly memories?) will be elaborated on in DDD in the prior question. Being coy (as always) Nomura did not expound on the 2nd question, because it directly implicated Terra's heart being in Riku, so he stated "that is a riddle as well." So...it's safe to presume Riku has Terra's heart. Of course it is not official yet...but it is fairly spelled out for us at this point.

And also: Terra's Heart + Master Xehanort's Heart = Apprentice Xehanort.

Apprentice Xehanort becomes a Heartless (Ansem Seeker of Darkness.) So yes, AnsemSod is literally half Terra and half Master Xehanort (and Eraqus is thrown somewhere in the loop too.)

Yes, he confirmed that the Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus-mess and how their memories and powers were divided will be elaborated upon. (about time, too, lol).
Ah, so it's again Nomura saying everything by sayin' nothing, similar to the "Roxas-had-Ven's heart"-issue.

Pfft, Eraqus...I am really interested on how he actually played into the whole mess...almost all Xehanort-forms had clearly majority MX-influence and Xemnas was the only one with slight Terra-references.

Guys, I'm slowly catching on here. Xehanort is gonna come back, known since 2008.

As far as we know, in the RoS, four: Master Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas and the Mysterious Figure (looks like Young MX).

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards

I will get to that, I have a theory. But you need to understand this part first for it to make more sense:

We know full well that these are worlds are “asleep” and were therefore once “awake.” And the only way to access this realm is through sleep, and thus: dreaming. What does this tell you? These Realms no longer exist in reality, for they have passed on. For example, if your loved one passes away, and you dream of them: does that mean they are still alive? No. Yet, the dream may feel very much real. The worlds are reveries, dreams, fleeting fragments of the past. Sora and Riku are not exploring the actual worlds per say while they are immersed in the "world of sleep" but rather, the memory of those worlds (Chain of Memories, anyone?) After I drew this conclusion, I read this in an interview with Nomura:

—In KH3D, it seems not only in Fantasia, but in the Three Musketeers world as well Mickey appears in a form that hasn’t met Sora yet.

Nomura: Those worlds are set during a time Mickey was in the pursuit of knowledge, like “in a dream of the world of the past”.

Then when I coincide my theory with Nomura's statement, it makes perfect sense. Now that you understand my theory on how the "world submerged in sleep" works...I can get onto my hypothesis on the Xehanorts.

EDIT: Wait, I misread your sentence. I thought you wanted to know how they could be simulataneously existing. :p You can ignore the bottom, I'll just keep it down there for my reference.

4. HOW ARE ALL OF THESE XEHANORTS EXISTING ALL AT THE SAME TIME? IT MAKES NO SENSE. …OR DOES IT?

But wait a minute, another paradox. Ansem Seeker of Darkness is still alive? But how? He should no longer exist. His heart was in Riku’s vessel, and was purified in KH2 when the Heart Machine exploded. Nomura hinted Riku inherited “something” from Terra…and he also said this game held great significance regarding who contained whose heart. It is obvious Riku has Terra’s heart. This directly implies that Terra and Master Xehanort’s hearts defused, negating AnsemSod/Xehanort’s Heartless’ existence. The “Terra” portion of Ansem’s heart remained in Riku, while the “Xehanort” part was removed and ousted elsewhere.

And then there is Xemnas…still alive and well after being skewered by Sora and Riku’s final attack. His vessel (or rather, Terra’s) body disintegrated into nothingness afterwards. Theoretically, since Ansem Seeker of Darkness (Apprentice Xehanort) no longer exists, Xemnas’ vessel cannot rejoin with his original heart. Although…Master Xehanort could return to the vessel (this time, without the presence of Terra’s heart.) This would have recreated a newly restored Young Master Xehanort; not to be confused with Terra-Xehanort in BBS) as Terra’s heart is no longer apart of the equation.

Oh wait…Young Master Xehanort is ALSO in this game? …But that does not explain how all of these machinations of Xehanort can coexist. It is like Gogeta, Vegetto, Goku, and Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z all going out together for a few drinks at a bar. It makes no sense.

BUT...let us remember what Tetsuya Nomura stated in a previous interview about the “lost” people (Roxas, Xion, and Namine are the best examples) calling Sora’s name in blank points:

“Nomura: Those calling “Sora” in that scene are all people who have already left this world. But there is no concept of death in the world of KH, and so the image is of sleeping in Sora’s heart for example. If they could be woken up, they should be able to be brought back into this world, and so that’s what “born from sleep” means.”

We learn several key things:

1. They have all “left this world.” All of those machinations of Xehanort have “left the world” as well.

2. There is no concept of death; and those images (memories) are still “asleep” in Sora’s heart, so to speak. …Is there ONE valid reason, if there is no concept of death, that these other Xehanorts are not “asleep” as well?

3. Despite how unexplainable it may be (especially for Roxas, Xion, Sora, Ven, Axel, and Lea to coexist) Nomura hinted it can be done. If that can happen, all of these resurrected Xehanorts do not seem like a stretch of the imagination either. They too can be “born from sleep.”

Since there is no applicable concept of death, all of the “dead” individuals are truthfully “asleep.” However, as Nomura hinted above, their “image” (memory) still exists in the “world submerged in sleep.” If these “images” “memories” “imprints”, or whatever stream of consciousness of the said characters can be “woken up” (identical to the worlds in "world submerged in sleep")…they can be restored into the Realm of Light anew.

This is furthered affirmed by Yen Sid in the latest trailer:

”In order to defeat Xehanort, we must bring back those who sleep in sadness BACK TO THIS WORLD” ---this seems to infer that they are literally all in the "world of sleep." Xehanorts included.

This seamlessly explains how all of these Xehanort’s, despite no longer existing, are in cahoots with one another. Just like all of the worlds and characters existing in the World of Sleep (Sos Mickey, CoM Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pete, Minne, etc) these Xehanort’s are nothing more than memories manifest. There are still admittedly some details I have yet to fathom at this point however. More in particular, which Master Xehanort (Young or Old) is the true driving force?

Take it for what you will. I myself am still iffy on exactly whether these are "dreams" or "memories" of the slain Xehanorts or has their consciousness actually passed on into the world of sleep.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
As far as we know, in the RoS, four: Master Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas and the Mysterious Figure (looks like Young MX).

So no AX or Teranort. Got it.

If any, only one chould come backand it should be either AS or YMX.
NO need for the conolution. However I'm very curious about REU.

Esquire

Just throwing my two cents in here. Not sure if it's been said before or not. But maybe YMX isn't a new form of Xehanort, but the same form as MX? When Sora and Riku enter the RoS, they look younger. Maybe the same goes for MX?

Samhain

Bronze Member
Nomura hinted Riku inherited Terra's heart. This would implicate that that Apprentice Xehanort's heart has been fragmented into its original two components: Terra and Master Xehanort. Master Xehanort's heart has been ousted elsewhere (and either rejoined with his old extinguished vessel or found refuge in Terra's vessel which would fully restore him to his youth) Since Apprentice Xehanort = Master Xehanort + Terra, and they have been divided: the "Real" Xehanort, so you say, may very well no longer exist.

However, Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem Seeker of Darkness, who is Apprentice Xehanort is still in the game. However, I do not believe this is the true AnsemSod, but rather an "image" or "fragment" of his existence caught between light and darkness in the RoS (just like all of the other "dead" Xehanort incarnations.) That is all a theory I have formulated from one of Nomura's prior statements. If the true Xehanort (which ever one that may be) manages to awaken them from the RoS, then they would be "born from sleep" into the Realm of Light despite their prior destruction or how they previously existed.

We could still see this "exact" Apprentice Xehanort in the RoS...but I sincerely doubt it will be the "real" one if you catch my drift.

no he had something of Terra.

you sound like riku having terra's heart is fact which it really isn't. All Nomura hinted is Riku has something. that something of terra could be his memories, his keyblade, who knows

sora364

Awards
no he had something of Terra.

you sound like riku having terra's heart is fact which it really isn't. All Nomura hinted is Riku has something. that something of terra could be his memories, his keyblade, who knows

*AHEM* *clears throat* Let me redirect you to the post you obviously didn't read >_>

^^ To be even more specific, the interviewer said "something." Nomura himself confirmed how the status of who has Terra's heart (and possibly memories?) will be elaborated on in DDD in the prior question. Being coy (as always) Nomura did not expound on the 2nd question, because it directly implicated Terra's heart being in Riku, so he stated "that is a riddle as well." So...it's safe to presume Riku has Terra's heart. Of course it is not official yet...but it is fairly spelled out for us at this point.

Like I said, it was not official.

Naryx15

Your theory is very well thought out, sora364. :) I have to say it makes the most sense out of most of the ones I read. If anything, I hope you're right.

sora364

Awards
QUOTE=Genocide;5755945]However I'm very curious about REU.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure much can be concluded about that at this time. ...However...I believe that "figure" may very well be Xehanort shortly after becoming a Heartless, years prior to his appearance in KH1 before usurping Riku's body. Therefore it is a flashback, as Yen Sid confirmed Heartless cannot access the "world submerged in sleep." ...Seems plausible.

Either that, or they are a special nuance of Dream Eaters under Xehanort's command. Beyond that...I am not certain what it may be.

Your theory is very well thought out, sora364. :) I have to say it makes the most sense out of most of the ones I read. If anything, I hope you're right

Thank you :D

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Technically this guy is the real Xehanort:

kh-bbs_12.jpg

so the question being asked is where is Terra nort becasue he is the only one we havent seen in the realm of sleep with the rest of his forms, and technically he is what should return not old xheanort

sora364

Awards
so the question being asked is where is Terra nort becasue he is the only one we havent seen in the realm of sleep with the rest of his forms, and technically he is what should return not old xheanort

Apprentice Xehanort appears in a flashback...that must account for something.

Like I said, if we want to be technical, Ansem Seeker of Darkness is Apprentice Xehanort. The only difference being that manifestation of him that appeared in the "world submerged in sleep" is him being the incumbent heart in Riku's body. If he were to return to Xemnas/Terra's extinguished body...we would have the same result, only he have less dark skin and probably a lab coat. We would literally have two of the exact same people running around, just in different bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back