• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So in japan kingdom hearts 2 is the most popular game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The most popular game series in Japan is probably Dragon Quest. It's an enormous cultural phenomenon.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
We're sorry we find your favorite game in the series to be really, really dumb.

Last edited:

flurryflames

Just Japans crap taste as usual

This makes me sad. Now they will probably lean on KH2 for inspiration more so then most of the other games.

EDIT: Also, to the poster above me, you do realize that Ansem Reports 11-13 are only available in the Final Mix don't you? You said that nobodies were hinted at in KH1 English and used that as evidence to back you up when doing that is wrong.

Just Japans crap taste as usual

This makes me sad. Now they will probably lean on KH2 for inspiration more so then most of the other games.

EDIT: Also, to the poster above me, you do realize that Ansem Reports 11-13 are only available in the Final Mix don't you? You said that nobodies were hinted at in KH1 English and used that as evidence to back you up when doing that is wrong.

It is not "crap" and that is very harsh to fans that like it. I don't care what you say I love Kingdom Hearts II more than Kingdom Heart I and I am an american. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are too blunt.

So what! What is wrong with that? I am sorry to say to you, but the nobodies have a big fanbase as well. The nobodies were hinted before that. Deep Dive is a good explanation also if you look for some of the eariler trailers in KH I it shows Sora in the introduction going running around on Radient Garden and then notices a few of the organization members, but that part was cut out. I am thinking because they wanted to introduce the organization a different way.

The developers were dealing with time restraints with the games which is why they weren't released with the extras. Also if you own the game the japanese Kh 2 FM has the english VA characters in them still. So that means they were planning on releasing, but then decided not to in the states. Wth KH FM Xenmas was hinted a long time ago.

Just becasue Square Enix is secretive about their ideas doesn't mean that it wasn't planned.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted by: flurryflames

It is not "crap" and that is very harsh to fans that like it. I don't care what you say I love Kingdom Hearts II more than Kingdom Heart I and I am an american. You are entitled to your opinion, but you are too blunt.

So what! What is wrong with that? I am sorry to say to you, but the nobodies have a big fanbase as well. The nobodies were hinted before that. Deep Dive is a good explanation also if you look for some of the eariler trailers in KH I it shows Sora in the introduction going running around on Radient Garden and then notices a few of the organization members, but that part was cut out. I am thinking because they wanted to introduce the organization a different way.

The developers were dealing with time restraints with the games which is why they weren't released with the extras. Also if you own the game the japanese Kh 2 FM has the english VA characters in them still. So that means they were planning on releasing, but then decided not to in the states. Wth KH FM Xenmas was hinted a long time ago.

Just becasue Square Enix is secretive about their ideas doesn't mean that it wasn't planned.

Okay the only real way you know the nobodies are hinted at is if you own KH1:FM not many americans did me included and even the secret trailer at the end of the original game didn't give out hints, but then again it's been a long time since I seen the trailer.

You know the time restraints is a crappy excuse to me.

Trust me Square and Nomura could have done a much better job with this series than what it's turned out to be so far. Are you sure you mean the Nobodies or Organzation XIII as having a big fanbase?

flurryflames

Okay the only real way you know the nobodies are hinted at is if you own KH1:FM not many americans did me included and even the secret trailer at the end of the original game didn't give out hints, but then again it's been a long time since I seen the trailer.

You know the time restraints is a crappy excuse to me.

Trust me Square and Nomura could have done a much better job with this series than what it's turned out to be so far. Are you sure you mean the Nobodies or Organzation XIII as having a big fanbase?

Of course they do. Normura knows it as well. His favorite nobody from the Organization is Luxord. Japan even had a play of some sort dealing with Kingdom Hearts COM with Sora and Riku and the nobodies in Castle Oblivion. There were no disney characters included.

BBS had cameos of a few of their some bodies though. Normura wanted to include them all, but didn't due to time restraints and thinking the game would be more complicated. This could be the reason why BBS volume 2 was hinted.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2days no matter how you view it is an Organization XIII game. It just focuses on Roxas life in there. Oringally Noruma wanted players to go through all 358 days in the game, but thought it would be too time consuming. So he cut it out down. Xion was supposed to be killed by an organization member which causes Roxas to leave the organization, but they changed it. Fans loved the idea of being able to play as any organization member. Also it did very well in overseas including America. Some people would think because of Xion, but it is because of the Organization. Alot of people on other sites hate Xion for different reasons. I feel it is because she is not a orignal character.

There is fan art, plushies, fanfiction, devaint art, clubs, cosplayers, cons dealing with the Organization XIII. Search through the internet and you can find alot of stuff. Japanese sites keeps their stuff hidden though because of people taking their art work and other things. Also Japan still the manga which we can't get here. Including novels. Th nobodies are mysterious and many fans want to know more about them especially of how they came to be. They just became popular after Kingdom Hearts 2 came out. Then a fanbase just grew on them.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Of course they do. Normura knows it as well. His favorite nobody from the Organization is Luxord. Japan even had a play of some sort dealing with Kingdom Hearts COM with Sora and Riku and the nobodies in Castle Oblivion. There were no disney characters included.

BBS had cameos of a few of their some bodies though. Normura wanted to include them all, but didn't due to time restraints and thinking the game would be more complicated. This could be the reason why BBS volume 2 was hinted.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2days no matter how you view it is an Organization XIII game. It just focuses on Roxas life in there. Oringally Noruma wanted players to go through all 358 days in the game, but thought it would be too time consuming. So he cut it out down. Xion was supposed to be killed by an organization member which causes Roxas to leave the organization, but they changed it. Fans loved the idea of being able to play as any organization member. Also it did very well in overseas including America. Some people would think because of Xion, but it is because of the Organization. Alot of people on other sites hate Xion for different reasons. I feel it is because she is not a orignal character.

There is fan art, plushies, fanfiction, devaint art, clubs, cosplayers, cons dealing with the Organization XIII. Search through the internet and you can find alot of stuff. Japanese sites keeps their stuff hidden though because of people taking their art work and other things. Also Japan still the manga which we can't get here. Including novels. Th nobodies are mysterious and many fans want to know more about them especially of how they came to be. They just became popular after Kingdom Hearts 2 came out. Then a fanbase just grew on them.

Wow, I never knew that bit of info, and I do reserach.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yeah, but that's just about every Kingdom Hearts game if you look back over some pre trailers for KH1 you're see some differences as well.

Sometimes the pre or beta trailers for this series is what ticks people off the most though. Like with KH2 I'm still waiting for the real 1000 heartless fight lol.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I don't really think that the whole of Japan has crap taste. But when it comes to things like this, I disagree with them 99% of the time.

The most hilarious thing about this post is that I never said a single thing about not liking the nobodies. It's not the nobodies, it's the useless characters, horrible world design, and easiness that make me think of KHII as mediocre. I love the Final Mix, but it still doesn't fix a lot of things.

Lol what? They never planned on releasing either of the Final Mixes in America or Europe. It has English VA's because the Japanese like the authentic Disney voices, and also the voices in general (as is obvious by the fact that pretty much every International/Final Mix release is voiced in English, including the Final Fantasy games).

So yeah,

0/10

The most hilarious thing about this post is that I never said a single thing about not liking the nobodies. It's not the nobodies, it's the useless characters, horrible world design, and easiness that make me think of KHII as mediocre. I love the Final Mix, but it still doesn't fix a lot of things.

Last edited:

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Sometimes the pre or beta trailers for this series is what ticks people off the most though. Like with KH2 I'm still waiting for the real 1000 heartless fight lol.

^^^THIS. THe Behemoth's and Wyverns would have added SO MUCH to that fight. It felt so empty. Even on my level 1 run, I only died like one time.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
You actually own Kingdom Hearts 2 FM+ if so what actual changes were made that you've noticed cause not everything is mention in text/writing you know.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
-Zero Experience and more new abilities
-Two new keyblades, Two Becomes One and the one you get for finishing the Mushroom minigames
-New difficulty mode that is actually at least somewhat challenging.
-Cavern of Remembrance dungeon
-Absent Silhouettes that let you fight all of the Chain of Memories Organization members.
-Data Battle rematches with the Org. It makes the fights 10x more difficult.
-Lingering Sentiment
-Puzzle Piece Collecting, which is a pretty fun minigame.
-New cutscenes
-Mushroom Heartless which is a fun minigame.
-Theater Mode, which lets you review any cutscene

I may be missing a couple of stuff.

Basically, the new content makes the original game look like a crappy demo. I will never play the original KHII again in my life.

Even with all of this new content though, Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix is my very favorite KH game, with the regular KH1 in second place. People sometimes say it doesn't add much content (which is kind of false considering it gives you a lot of new heartless that are pretty much mini bosses), a new boss, AWESOME new abilities, more in depth synthesis, new keyblades, and revamped Sephiroth AI to make him even more difficult. The reason it doesn't add the same amount of content as KHII FM is because... KH1 DIDN'T NEED TO BE FIXED EVEN HALF AS MUCH AS KH2 DID!

shadowii

We're sorry we find your favorite game in the series to be really, really dumb.
i said JAPAN not mine (I dont have a favorite i like them all)

kind of weird to me that anyone on here would criticize japans taste since the series that we discuss every day here (final fantasy and kingdom hearts) are japanese in origin (yes with disney co-operation on the latter but if disney had gotten its way mickey mouse would have been the main character)

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Well, Kingdom Hearts II was amazingly fun IMO gameplay-wise. The story was good, but the way it was portrayed was just plain terrible.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I see...yet still what applies to the survey also applies also to this forum, it's only a fraction of the whole fanbase.
I have seen and read in forums where KH2 or even Days fares way better than here...it only happens that this forum seems to be the most active one and that the "KH1-is-best"-purist elitist group with nostalgia-goggles who can nothing but rant about the rest of the series is a tad bigger around here.

Nonetheless these are also opinions that have to be tolerated.

If I could poz you I would.
I agree with this post. KH1's my favorite but the rest are good too. Including Days and BBS(Despite how much I criticize it).

Opinions should be respected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back