• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So... Anyone ever mess with the Ouija board?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
See, what I'm failing to understand is why, when I created this thread and asked people for their own stories, 90% of responders were just saying "Lolz! That's not realz! I came on a succubus!!". They weren't even giving explanations for why it's not real, they were just saying it was stupid. Look, if you don't believe in something, that's your right. But it's childish to call it stupid for the sake of doing so. This is a forum for intelligent conversation, so please speak intelligently, or don't speak at all.

Welcome to the Internet.

Anyway, concerning Oujia boards, I will agree that it's largely just a board game that had a "demonic stigma" attached to it and got carried way out of hand, especially with its use in movies like Paranormal Activity and The Exorcist. However, I wouldn't go as far as to say one has never been connected to paranormal activity or, in more extreme cases, demonic possessions. Quite frankly, I don't know if it's connected to the supernatural and I have no intentions of personally finding out.

Yes, I understand this will no doubt draw the trolls and skeptics to me, and make me some sort of target to verbally strike, but I really don't give a damn.

I consider myself a fairly level-headed, sound-minded person that (usually) won't jump to conclusions. I, myself, can admit to times of "hearing" things that my mind interpreted as voices, which weren't, and "seeing" things that weren't really there. And I can agree that, from a logical standpoint, spirits shouldn't exist.

However, I have also had encounters that I can't even begin to explain. I have heard very clear voices in the dead of silence, which, at one point, followed me across the house and sounded again directly in front of me. I have seen objects picked up off the ground/table and flung across the room, once that was (or at least seemed) quiet violent.

Naturally, the skeptics out there will call me a liar because, honestly, I stand to gain so much by lying about paranormal activity on a random message board where only a handful of people know me beyond my username. But whatever. Skeptics will remain skeptics.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Personally, I'd rather watch people on TV act like idiots and mess with those things. I'd rather not mess with it regardless of whether it's "real" or not.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
well there are legitimate mysteries in the world that we don't understand very well, so it's not out of the question for there to be a couple of strange incidents that can't be easily dismissed. the thing is, people (i use this term generally) like to jump to conclusions and accept explanations of pre-established beliefs that are just human constructs (like ghosts) instead of admitting they don't know what's going on.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
quick question to all you people that say you don't believe in spirits

would you video tape yourself sleeping overnight in a cemetery or maybe in a haunted building of some kind like an asylum just for shits and giggles...and maybe while doing shrooms or acid (not srs on this part....ok maybe 50% srs)

I go to the third most haunted college in America. It used to be a mental institution. The morgue is still intact under the library and hasn't been used since the institution days. Our windows still have bars on them. We are located next to a haunted dairy farm. We currently own the well you see in The Ring. I live in the dorms and have been for four years.

Let me tell you how absolutely nothing ever happens here.

Last edited:

dr.korytco

That sounds like Ohio University ? My sister went there . The only story she had , was that her poster had finger prints etched into it and was always knocked off the wall. And she would see figures in her room at night, where she was the only one in the dorm. But, lucid dreaming explains apparitions. It does, what it doesn't explain is how certain figures appear in lucid dreams. That's an example of how people can't relate to others who claim to see historical figures in lucid dreams, for example. Which I have, and hadn't know anything about those people .

Nothing mind blowing. But she brought home the Ghost Busters poster and strange enough, there were finger prints scratched, etched into it.

My sister was sure she didn't touch it. And finger prints just kept appearing inside of this poster. HAHA, not a typical haunting, and it's not even necessarily paranormal. But I can't think of too many things that would naturally happen over a duration of time where finger prints were etched into a poster. But I can't for the life of me think of a reason why a spirit would want to do that. Or why a spirit would knock down a ghost busters poster.

I'm not saying it was a ghost. But O U has a rich haunt history. She went from stubborn , to skeptical . But, a few years pass and now she just blows it off. But if I bring it up again, she gets a little spooked, confused. But rational thought takes over again and she just changes the subject. Nothing has happened to her to make her a deep believer but the subject still stirs things up for her a little.

Most my family is skeptical, to ruthless lol . So, I live with that on a daily basis. The only thing my brother ever saw was in our basement . A dark cloud passed over us and into the ceiling . He thought it was a bird or a bat . But I didn't even see it. That spooked him, but he never mentioned it again.

There's more logic in this world than there isn't. So it seems. And people can easily rebound back, unless they really get turned up side down. I respect that people won't believe in ghosts. I'm not sure what I believe in myself.

dr.korytco

HAHA ! Maybe, I have no idea. That is just a story. Let ghosts speak for their selves, it will make life easier for all of us. They need to go public...

I saw this poster, I can post pictures maybe if I find it in her room. It's got finger prints etched in it. It's bizarre. But, it's just a cute story. I don't know it was a ghost. But, I'm guilty of wondering if there's a explanation for that if there were some sort of "ghost".

Only because it spooked her and she's logical , rational. And she couldn't think how they kept showing up. That doesn't mean to throw logic out the window. But how did finger prints get on there. Bizare. I guess it's easy for the imagination to run wild. So I do, and am making an effort to see this from different angles.

D

Deleted member 36435

no because sleeping in a cemetery and/or abandoned building has other risks involved with it

sdr08

I don't believe in ghosts exactly, but I believe in guardian angels. You see my grandpa passed 2 years ago, and he liked collecting dimes, after he passed, we been finding dimes in the unusual places ever since, my cousin found one in the snow, whiles he's snow mobiling

Trag

Bronze Member
My parents had that same superstition before they separated. When they were together they would find dimes all over the place and attribute it to something supernatural, as if someone was sending them a sign, they even had a jar dedicated to the dimes they would find. Not to sound callous, but there's just a shitton of dimes in this world and a lot of people dropping their change, mate. It's weird, I've never heard of someone else who held significance towards finding random dimes in strange places.

dr.korytco

I'm trying to adapt my thinking to a fuller picture. When I talk about ghosts, spooks I'm not referring to "ghosts" "spooks". These are man made concepts . I'm referring to our essence, our true nature, and by full extension the nature, essence of the universe.

I think it's very easy to see how something is possible, when it is possible. We do some investigation, ask how. But, then there's a whole other side to how and maybe even why that often exists.

I'm sure many of you have deja vu. And it seems entirely ordinary. I'm sure many of you have had intuitive moments . I'm sure many of you have lucid dreamed. All these things can be naturally explained. But what is the true nature of the universe?

What if you lucid dream and you see a woman carrying a baby , and she tells the baby to hush. She's dressed in vintage clothing and you hear her voice and the baby's cry. You know nothing about the area you find yourself in. You know nothing about it's history. You're at an old trestle bridge, just camping.

You go home and you research the area , out of curiosity of its history. You discover that it's haunted. But, there is very limited, to none evidence of such a entity existing there. A ghost and her child. But you keep looking and come across sound recordings from a paranormal investigation years later.

"Have you seen my baby". Then you read on line some one has video footage of this crying baby (sound). And you find later an EVP of the same woman's voice " Have you seen my baby" .

How does the universe work, with deja vu, coincidence, intuition. Are there any legit psychics. If in altered states we can lucid dream and we can see these things. Then what might that tell us about the universe?

Its not about ghosts, spooks, it is about scientific investigation, it is about our very own essence and the true essence of all things.
Can it be possible?

That is a true story by the way, it's mine.

I recommend these videos if you guys are interested in this stuff actually.
All we see & seem is but a dream within a dream - YouTube

Quantum Physic Theory - YouTube

The Dreaming Universe Doctor Alan Wolf
Fred Alan Wolf: The Dreaming Universe (excerpt) -- A Thinking Allowed DVD w/ Jeffrey Mishlove - YouTube

Many of you will think I'm ignorant but I have studied this at one time deeply. Let me be honest, I've lost a lot of interest. I'm not into it as much as I used to be. There's a time in my life where something "super natural" happened on a daily basis.

Many things have a natural, simple explanation. Which is good, but not every explanation is simple enough to explain complex situations. The reason this investigative approach isn't so open ended is because the universe seems to act differently to different subjective observers. Every one seems to have a similar but slightly different experience. And we don't look at the universe as something conscious , or sleeping, or like a computer. We look at it as having laws that can't be challenge, bent, broken.

But , there are many modern scientists who challenge this and suggests that in a way we are god.

The Nature of Reality Alan Wolf...
Fred Alan Wolf on the nature of reality. - YouTube

Scientific Law: This is a statement of fact meant to describe, in concise terms, an action or set of actions. It is generally accepted to be true and universal, and can sometimes be expressed in terms of a single mathematical equation. Scientific laws are similar to mathematical postulates. They don’t really need any complex external proofs; they are accepted at face value based upon the fact that they have always been observed to be true.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein

"I don't believe in mathematics." - Albert Einstein

And so welcome to the world of quantum theory .

Last edited:

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
If I was a spirit, I think the last thing I would do is to move a piece on a board to scare a bunch of drugged up teenagers. I got serious spirit things to do and I don't have time to make hipsters shit themselves.
It's a good point. Why would spirits be wasting their time, messing around with Earthly affairs? Isn't the whole point of being a spirit to get /away/ from the material world? Go somewhere better, etc?

so i guess i'm just the kid that just has really shitty luck when stuff like that goes down. feelsbadman

No. You just set yourself up for it, probably. The mind is capable of many things.

Last edited:

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
If I was a spirit, I think the last thing I would do is to move a piece on a board to scare a bunch of drugged up teenagers. I got serious spirit things to do and I don't have time to make hipsters shit themselves.

idk man if i were a spirit i would scare the shit out of everyone

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I wouldn't film myself in a fucking cemetery out of respect for all the dead peeps there not because I'm afraid of being haunted by some fucking ghosts

Ghosts are scrubs

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
See, what I'm failing to understand is why, when I created this thread and asked people for their own stories, 90% of responders were just saying "Lolz! That's not realz! I came on a succubus!!". They weren't even giving explanations for why it's not real, they were just saying it was stupid. Look, if you don't believe in something, that's your right. But it's childish to call it stupid for the sake of doing so. This is a forum for intelligent conversation, so please speak intelligently, or don't speak at all.

i'm tired of seeing posts like this that basically say "converse in the way I intended or don't converse at all"

it's a free forum and rational people think spirits and oujia boards are stupid. they're very free to say so without having to constantly explain why. i myself think its self-explanatory to not warrant an in-depth analysis. i don't believe in spirits and so oujia boards are useless and stupid boom done

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
ZoVzT.png

theirlosthearts

Awards
i'm tired of seeing posts like this that basically say "converse in the way I intended or don't converse at all"

it's a free forum and rational people think spirits and oujia boards are stupid. they're very free to say so without having to constantly explain why. i myself think its self-explanatory to not warrant an in-depth analysis. i don't believe in spirits and so oujia boards are useless and stupid boom done

Giving opinions is fine. DM giving his opinion about feeling unhappy because his thread was derailed is also fine. All he asked was:

DMrayZ said:
has anyone messed with the Ouija board? I'm not really looking for help or advice, mostly just asking because I think it'd be cool to share stories, if anyone has them.

Instead of getting what he asked for (which is the point of the thread), he got a bunch of stupid arguments about ouija boards and the concept of the supernatural in general. Why wouldn't he be unhappy with the results?

That's just my opinion. And a question.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
^ Exactly. And believe me, I wouldn't mind at all if it were rational discussion, since that's what this forum is actually intended for. But people stating they came on a Ouija board, or that they got raped by a succubus, is not rational discussion. That's what annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back