• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So... Anyone ever mess with the Ouija board?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
^ Exactly. And believe me, I wouldn't mind at all if it were rational discussion, since that's what this forum is actually intended for. But people stating they came on a Ouija board, or that they got raped by a succubus, is not rational discussion. That's what annoys me.

it's an emphasis on the stupidity of ouija boards

because like they clearly don't give a fuck about what they stand for

Awards
^ Exactly. And believe me, I wouldn't mind at all if it were rational discussion, since that's what this forum is actually intended for. But people stating they came on a Ouija board, or that they got raped by a succubus, is not rational discussion. That's what annoys me.

>rational discussion
>ouija board

smh

dr.korytco

Have you heard any strange noises lately? Have you had any bizarre experiences lately? Seeing how that's part of the OP I think it might be interesting to follow through with.

What did you honestly expect from this thread? What you're getting is routine.

A. Ghost Thread
B . I don't believe in ghosts...
Ghosts are stupid, everything dealing with ghosts is stupid
C. Some sort of debate
D. Close thread before it gets nasty

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

you are asking for rational discussion about ouija boards, which are a plastic toy which some people still believe holds some sort of supernatural importance. again, that's like if you asked if someone believed in the tooth fairy or santa claus. there is little rational discussion to be had when you're talking about a toy mired in superstition, and honestly it's kind of annoying that you're acting like this is some serious subject not open to mockery. It isn't even about whether ghosts exist or not; even if they did I'm pretty sure they wouldn't talk to us via some parlor trick.

most people also haven't had experiences with ouija boards, so as far as first-hand experience goes there's not that much to say.

Awards
SSLWS.gif

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Okay, major point here, the label of this forum straight up says if it doesn't involve though process, it doesn't belong. I believe in the paranormal and asked simply "Do you have a story". That is a thought process, we've All had something happen we couldn't explain, even if you don't think it was paranormal in nature. That is a conversation, answers like I mentioned in my last post are spam. They don't belong here, period. Whether you agree or not. Besides, it's almost Halloween, what's wrong with telling some scary stories? Why does that have to evolve into an argument? I didn't ask if the supernatural was real, I asked for experiences, and Everyone has a story, or knows someone who does. The sad part is those who find it necessary to argue an irrelevant point two days before Halloween. Just have fun people, but be civil about it. And Weremacht, no, that's not what I asked for, I asked for scary stories, the week of Halloween. Everyone else turned it into an argument about whether its real or not because, well, I honestly have no idea. Umm, sorry if I pissed off your non belief system folks?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
And Weremacht, no, that's not what I asked for, I asked for scary stories, the week of Halloween.

Well that's not necessarily how I read it.

If you had made this the "ghost story" thread where we all openly knew it was a load of BS and are just tellling stories we know for fun, I don't think anyone would have made fun of you.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
let me school you for a moment.

1. two admins are telling you rules we maintain. stop backseat modding.

2. if you just want to circlejerk and tell "scary stories", take it to forum insanity. this is for real discussions, which frankly, does not include diddlying ouija boards.

3. this forum is open for anyone to post what they want. people think ouija boards are stupid (because they are) and so they can say that if they want to. like i said, if you want to have fun and tell scary stories, take it to FI.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
I said stories people had, that actually happened to them. My only point here is people should not literally be saying "I came on a ouija board". How does that not defeat the point of having a forum for intelligent conversation? Mysterious things happen. They're interesting. End of story.

And read the opening post again, I straight up said it was most like my imagination. I didn't say "Zong! Demons R hawnting me!!"

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
2. if you just want to circlejerk and tell "scary stories", take it to forum insanity. this is for real discussions, which frankly, does not include diddlying ouija boards.

3. this forum is open for anyone to post what they want. people think ouija boards are stupid (because they are) and so they can say that if they want to. like i said, if you want to have fun and tell scary stories, take it to FI.

This hardly seems fair, guys.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not entertaining the idea of a Ouija board being anything more than a toy. However, I don't see how the topic isn't a legitimate discussion, especially among the other threads in this section. Just because you don't believe in something and think it is stupid, doesn't mean everyone does, and it certainly doesn't--or at least shouldn't--give people the right to act like total dicks.

Frankly, it's a fair bit pretentious to say something isn't a legitimate topic--especially with first-hand reports--just because you personally don't believe in it. Furthermore, he was asking for personal experiences connected to Ouija boards--which there have been plenty--and was not really discussing whether or not Ouija boards are really connected to the supernatural.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Oh come now guys, you can't honestly expect him not to get mad at some of your responses, right?

I mean, isn't it a little hypocritical to rebuke a user for not promoting "appropriate" discussion while at the same time posting and tolerating the likes of:

i ejaculated on one once

nothing bad happened

true story

one time this succubus raped me it was kinda hot

haha i'm a fucking rational adult i don't pretend spirits exist anymore

I'm all for having a bit of fun; but for God's sake, don't get indignant about it afterwords.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
While I think the topic is stupid, I'm inclined to agree with OmniChaos on this one. There's certainly nothing wrong with him wanting to have an actual discussion about the supernatural, and people's experiences with it. You guys are coming off more like dicks than anything by telling him that he should just up and move to Forum Insanity, and I don't necessarily think so. Hell, I made a thread into a decent discussion about gender differences using that whole Cleveland bus driver video, so this could certainly warrant serious discussion.

That being said, you're gonna have to put up with the individual who thinks your topic is stupid and decides to voice this thought. It's a free forum with freely thinking individuals.

That's just my two cents though.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm all for having a bit of fun; but for God's sake, don't get indignant about it afterwords.

in all fairness, i probably should have made my post a little more constructive to the conversation rather than a just humorous quip.

that said, i feel like dmrayz is kind of misrepresenting what the thread was actually supposed to be about. if he wanted this to be a ghost story thread, he should have just been more clear about it. it just sounds like he's trying to make it sound like he was trying to do something different because everyone reacted so negatively.

Last edited:

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Frankly, it's a fair bit pretentious to say something isn't a legitimate topic--especially with first-hand reports--just because you personally don't believe in it. Furthermore, he was asking for personal experiences connected to Ouija boards--which there have been plenty--and was not really discussing whether or not Ouija boards are really connected to the supernatural.

i have no stories because i think ouija boards are silly hoaxes/children's toys.

i say this creatively because it's going to be said 200000 other times. the nature of this thread, whether the intent is to recount anecdotes about ouija boards, still denotes ouija boards as a subject in general.

furthermore, and this is to heartless, i did not tell him to move this thread to fi. i told him that if he wanted a thread about ghost stories for the fun of halloween, then he should make THAT thread in fi. and that's completely rational. if he made a thread about telling ghost stories, then that's hardly a serious topic.

discussing the legitimate existence of spirits in relation to ouija boards is drastically different from sharing ghost stories, and the two will be treated completely differently by me and most other members. and i wouldn't even be saying this if he didn't openly admit that this thread is for the fun of telling ghost stories. THAT thread belongs in FI. a thread about the legitimacy of ouija boards can stay here.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
I feel like the difference is that I'm not just asking for made up stories, I'm asking for people's real experiences with ouija boards. The difference lies in trying to figure out what might be just an overactive imagination and what is irrefutable, or at least very difficult to rebuke. However, we never really got to that point because of people making very childish posts. If you think serious discussion with people's experiences with something like the ouija is better fit for forum insanity, well, your the mod. Just to make sure I'm clear, by saying ghost stories I was merely trying to explain why I'd post something like that. However, i wouldn't want fiction here, it'd defeat the purpose and intent of this thread.

Awards
>I'm not just asking for made up stories
>I'm asking for people's real experiences
>overactive imagination and what is irrefutable, or at least very difficult to rebuke
>people making very childish posts
>However, i wouldn't want fiction here

I don't even know where to begin deconstructing how much you sound like a dweeb right now...this guy is mad that people are making 'childish posts' in a thread about whether or not plastic Hasbro toys have supernatural powers. And he wants serious posts about real experiences only...hahahahahaha.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Yes, the mass-produced board with letters and numbers on it is magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back