• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So... Anyone ever mess with the Ouija board?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.korytco

That video was neither entertaining, nor mind blowing, Korytco, and I think it's pretty pretentious of you to propose that people aren't open minded simply because they don't believe in silly board games that are designed for children and superstitious adults. Also, when you bitch about how people in this thread have reacted to this topic, and then say that those who don't acknowledge a childs toy as a credible source for answers are ignorant and proceed to make fun of them, you sound like a tool.

Ouija boards are toys.
Don't start shit if you can't finish it. You're looking for a fight , I'm not. You're starting a fight, now. It wasn't there before, between you and I.

If you want to join those people I' m offended by, that's your right.

I'm not the one that called people childish or stupid for being open to super natural things. There were comments about ghosts in this thread that I am specifically responding to. I'm not the first to go a little off topic.

The leading paranormal experts of the world do NOT believe in ojua boards.

I see every paranormal thread as a chance to get a little more into things, because all that is on the other side is "You're stupid". Basically and that's not fair. I'm responding to those ignorant comments.

Sorry , I tried to be a little more open minded or push for more of a thread. But, the ball is in your court now. I said, only reply if you want a conversation. It's a two way street now.

Water having memory is a pretty interesting study. If it doesn't interest you, well that's fine. I find it pretty interesting, as it's not something we have known about for more than say 10 years.

I think it's pretentious to believe we have all the answers simply because we're told one thing or another and call every one else an idiot who has different ideas than our own.

D

Deleted member 36435

paranormal experts
this is the most retarded title i've ever heard someone go by

I think it is pretty pretentious of you to think Harry Potter isn't real, bro, you don't have ALL the answers. There is literally no reason too believe in it besides your own desire to do so, there is no evidence, no basis for it to exist other than someone's imagination.

Every time someone disagrees with your ridiculous and unfounded opinion you call them pretentious. Then you go into a rant about "experts" and "scientists" and link a bunch of shit that is the equivalent to a fictional novel.

dr.korytco

Things have a real world instance. Harry Pottery is a move in a real world. Ghosts have been around for centuries , as long as human beings have been. You're obscuring, abstracting reality to your own biases. And TACTLESSLY , with emotion. You don't like me much, that's immaterial and it makes your arguments sloppy. You're trying to get at ME personally...and that's immaterial .

You're twisting things into absurdity . Scientists don't study harry potter. Paranormal experts, what would you prefer? Scientists with PHDS in physics ? Because people don't respect that here either...

No one here claimed anything about a fictionalized movie in a factual universe . All that is being claimed is that the claims people have, millions of people, if not billions , there might be some science to explain those things, while making discoveries. Beyond them just being mentally ill.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Don't start shit if you can't finish it. You're looking for a fight , I'm not. You're starting a fight, now. It wasn't there before, between you and I.

If you want to join those people I' m offended by, that's your right.

I'm not the one that called people childish or stupid for being open to super natural things. There were comments about ghosts in this thread that I am specifically responding to. I'm not the first to go a little off topic.

The leading paranormal experts of the world do NOT believe in ojua boards.

I see every paranormal thread as a chance to get a little more into things, because all that is on the other side is "You're stupid". Basically and that's not fair. I'm responding to those ignorant comments.

Sorry , I tried to be a little more open minded or push for more of a thread. But, the ball is in your court now. I said, only reply if you want a conversation. It's a two way street now.

Water having memory is a pretty interesting study. If it doesn't interest you, well that's fine. I find it pretty interesting, as it's not something we have known about for more than say 10 years.

I think it's pretentious to believe we have all the answers simply because we're told one thing or another and call every one else an idiot who has different ideas than our own.

You seem to be under the impression that having an open mind and believing in the paranormal are the same thing. You can be open minded and still not believe the supernatural.
Trag was right though, you are just as pretentious as the people you acuse of being close-minded, if not more so.

And just stop with the water memory thing, because it's completely irrelevant to this thread.

D

Deleted member 36435

Things have a real world instance. Harry Pottery is a move in a real world. Ghosts have been around for centuries , as long as human beings have been. You're obscuring, abstracting reality to your own biases. And TACTLESSLY , with emotion. You don't like me much, that's immaterial and it makes your arguments sloppy. You're trying to get at ME personally...and that's immaterial .

You're twisting things into absurdity . Scientists don't study harry potter. Paranormal experts, what would you prefer? Scientists with PHDS in physics ? Because people don't respect that here either...

No one here claimed anything about a fictionalized movie in a factual universe . All that is being claimed is that the claims people have, millions of people, if not billions , there might be some science to explain those things, while making discoveries. Beyond them just being mentally ill.
No, but see, YOU DON'T KNOW HARRY POTTER ISN'T REAL YOU PRETENTIOUS ASSHOLE
STOP BEING SO CLOSE MINDED JUST BECAUSE A PARANORMAL EXPERT DOESN'T STUDY IT DOESN'T DISCREDIT ALL THE HARRY POTTER EXPERTS

I'd rather look at the amount of credible evidence for it that is compiled in multiple peer-reviewed works and reports over some ghost expert posting on the internet or with his own TV show or whatever the diddly those people to do for money, because they certainly aren't teaching classes on it.

Also, how the diddly do you think ghosts started? In the same way Harry Potter did, maybe not a children's book but it was the product of someone's imagination that just perpetuated because of people like yourself.

dr.korytco

Fine, I want to be fair and have a common ground. I just don't think that spirits are entirely a fictionalized science yet. In science the observer is studied, quantum information processing , energy ( Not a true term, it's relative what "energy" is ) .

We study reality on a subatomic level, where we no longer see things entirely logical, some of the finer details are obscure . We don't even know truly what a Higgs Boson looks like. We make it up. The point is there are mysteries to our existence .

If I'm being pretentious fine. Of course some one can be open minded and discount the paranormal. But , those who call people stupid for believing in it, dont do a good, or at least fair and mature job in representing that.

There is no historical, documented Harry Potter cases to study. Your argument is abstract and immaterial. I can provide plenty of links where scientists DO study the super natural. If we want to call it that.

I'm done with you, you think you have an argument, but it doesn't make any sense.

We study things that we have the question for. If you can provide me with a historical harry potter world fine. Or magic...fine. Some people do study magic .... but that is off topic as much as I am.

There are world wide paranormal documented encounters, people you can find off the street by the hand full who have had experiences....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

There are 7 books that are like 200-900 pages documenting Harry Potter's existence dude

dr.korytco

It's a fictionalized book, in the genre of fantasy , in literature, an art form of expression, by an author who is not a scientist , or even claiming to be a wizard, or even claiming to be writing about a historical legend...in a reality of scientists and real life stories, not fictionalized ones and made up characters....

I'm sorry you don't seem to understand the difference between reality and fiction within reality. Even though, things seem unreasonable or far fetched to you that doesn't mean they are fiction . People claim to experience the super natural, it's documented . If scientists saw the need to scientifically prove or disprove a fictional story in a book exists...

Oh, forget this, this is silly...

I can't work with that...

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We study reality on a subatomic level, where we no longer see things entirely logical, some of the finer details are obscure . We don't even know truly what a Higgs Boson looks like. We make it up. The point is there are mysteries to our existence.
I'm going to paraphrase Richard Dawkins (unless he got it from someone else) and remind you that 'our' world is small, we deal with things happening over short intervals, travelling at slow speeds, and so forth. Our brain is wired to find our native scales logical.

If we existed at the astronomical or quantum scale, or at relativistic velocities, our idea of what is logical would be very much different. No matter where you look at it from, everything still fits. It's all cogent. Going from the macroscopic to the quantum isn't some great big shift in perspective so fantastic that all other laws don't matter and precedents count for nothing.

That 'there are mysteries' isn't an argument for the supernatural any more than it is against it. It's a statement that means nothing except itself. However, based on our current confirmed understanding of the world, there is no evidence for the supernatural, and the 'best' arguments for it are sketchy at best.

D

Deleted member 36435

It's a fictionalized book, in the genre of fantasy , in literature, an art form of expression, by an author who is not a scientist , or even claiming to be a wizard, or even claiming to be writing about a historical legend...in a reality of scientists and real life stories, not fictionalized ones and made up characters....

I'm sorry you don't seem to understand the difference between reality and fiction within reality. Even though, things seem unreasonable or far fetched to you that doesn't mean they are fiction . People claim to experience the super natural, it's documented . If scientists saw the need to scientifically prove or disprove a fictional story in a book exists...

Oh, forget this, this is silly...

I can't work with that...
HOLY FUCK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW RIGHT NOW IS THE DARK LORD HIMSELF JESUS CHRIST HE'S REAL EVERYONE

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Korytco, the same argument you use to say that the paranormal is possible can be equally well-applied to Harry Potter, to scripture, Twilight, and more. Your argument does nothing to support the supernatural over anything else dubious or fictional in 'existence'.

dr.korytco

We can't believe every claim, but we can't dispute them all. We have to know if it's a realistic claim and I respect that. And yes there are mental illnesses that can explain many of these experiences. But I don't think it's fair yet, to say that every one who believes in spirits is stupid or that they are impossible to exist. Ghosts are as old as gravity and maybe once we had silly ideas about gravity before it became a scientific theory . But it still exists .

You and I can't make nice . You don't like me. That's fine, I'm used to that. I'm used to seeing threads like these turn into this sort of thing. And I don't want to encourage it.

So, we disagree. Fine, I respect that. People are going to believe what they believe. I just wish I didn't have to be insulted for it. I do believe in the "super natural" If we want to call it that. Calling it that in a way bastardizes true science, but it gets the idea across.

I'm done. I have nothing intelligent to add and so I'm bowing out behind the curtain as I get booed off the stage.
I accept that most people don't believe in this and that most people will have a hard time being open minded to something they think is magical or fantasy.

I'm ok . I'm done. Peace for now...

Issues of the paranormal are of the nature of self, the essence of self. Life after death is an aged old question. It's got nothing to do with Harry Pottery, but the true science of the universe and of the self , on the subatomic and macro level. It's not a valid argument and I won't entertain it. It's stricken by personal biases and a closed mind to the paranormal sciences. Which have been researched and that's a fact, if we dare call them paranormal or just scientific research that appears to be paranormal in nature.

D

Deleted member 36435

wow ok fuck you bro i just saw he who should not be named and you act like that i'm lying

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We can't believe every claim, but we can't dispute them all. We have to know if it's a realistic claim and I respect that. And yes there are mental illnesses that can explain many of these experiences.
I'm not even talking about mental illnesses. Pretty much every human brain is wired to seek out patterns and agency, even where none might exist. Normal people can 'experience' the paranomal under the right circumstances or with the right suggestions.

But I don't think it's fair yet, to say that every one who believes in spirits is stupid or that they are impossible to exist. Ghosts are as old as gravity and maybe once we had silly ideas about gravity before it became a scientific theory . But it still exists.
Except every single person, without fail, experiences and witnesses gravity on an every-moment-of-existence-basis. I'm not saying outright that they can't exist. With our current understanding of the world, there's no good reason to believe they exist.

dr.korytco

I'm not even talking about mental illnesses. Pretty much every human brain is wired to seek out patterns and agency, even where none might exist. Normal people can 'experience' the paranomal under the right circumstances or with the right suggestions.

Except every single person, without fail, experiences and witnesses gravity on an every-moment-of-existence-basis. I'm not saying outright that they can't exist. With our current understanding of the world, there's no good reason to believe they exist.
To be fair, you're being logical, academic about this. I can respect that. I didn't start this thread. Maybe I should have stayed away. I do identify with patterns. We see them every where. In nature, in fractal symmetry , the brain, every where.

Actually, voices are often said to be just background noise in a room, where the human brain , person convinces their self that they have heard a voice. When really it's just their brains, minds piecing things together in the form of a voice. Their subconscious gathering ideas and projecting out a voice.

I'm not entirely ignorant or "pretentious". I have heard the logical explanations. Some don't really solve certain issues or aren't complex enough to explain how some one could have a conversation with some one who has been dead for decades and that they never knew.

That sort of thing. And that's an immaterial example because I can't show you that. Well I could, but you'd have to take some one's word for it and that's not very scientific.

I could only truly give you a half baked, optimistically intelligent conversation. I couldn't convince you either way. I can't defend this , it's too complicated.

I'm just happy to see that you don't reject the idea entirely. I don't believe in it entirely, but some times I have to believe that there is a explanation to explain my experiences that hasn't yet been fully acknowledged. We study things on the quantum level, where we can question our existence like we couldn't before. On this very forum, there is a new holographic theory of the universe. I can't claim to be a expert. I can't. But , I am optimistic that we can learn from this. And I think it should be done scientifically and I have tried to listen to Physicists like Doctor Alan Wolf who study quantum theory and challenge things.

Before or after this pseudo crap, we have to acknowledge the limitations of scientific theory, and what we couldn't understand, and what we desire to understand better.

The paranormal if we want to call it that. I CANT make you believe in it. But I don't think it's such a bad thing to be open to it, if you believe you yourself have had a true experience.

I could share a few of mine. But it won't help anything.

Well , that's enough I suppose.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
See, what I'm failing to understand is why, when I created this thread and asked people for their own stories, 90% of responders were just saying "Lolz! That's not realz! I came on a succubus!!". They weren't even giving explanations for why it's not real, they were just saying it was stupid. Look, if you don't believe in something, that's your right. But it's childish to call it stupid for the sake of doing so. This is a forum for intelligent conversation, so please speak intelligently, or don't speak at all.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
See, what I'm failing to understand is why, when I created this thread and asked people for their own stories, 90% of responders were just saying "Lolz! That's not realz! I came on a succubus!!". They weren't even giving explanations for why it's not real, they were just saying it was stupid. Look, if you don't believe in something, that's your right. But it's childish to call it stupid for the sake of doing so. This is a forum for intelligent conversation, so please speak intelligently, or don't speak at all.

there has been so significant evidence to point out that ouija boards actually do anything, and most any reports can easily be dismissed as paranoia-induced, anecdotal evidence (much like your own experiences). studies have shown that people move the board involuntarily, and that the messages that are spelled out are similar to what people are thinking at that particular time.

Logically speaking, why would some board be able to contact spirits, which are basically just an entirely human idea that we don't know even exist? Doesn't make much sense. There's little reason to think they would do anything, it's like saying you still believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

To quote Mad Magazine:

If there really is an afterlife, I'll bet the best way to contact it is through a plastic, mass-produced board game from Milton Bradley!

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
If I was a spirit, I think the last thing I would do is to move a piece on a board to scare a bunch of drugged up teenagers. I got serious spirit things to do and I don't have time to make hipsters shit themselves.

theirlosthearts

Awards
there has been so significant evidence to point out that ouija boards actually do anything, and most any reports can easily be dismissed as paranoia-induced, anecdotal evidence (much like your own experiences). studies have shown that people move the board involuntarily, and that the messages that are spelled out are similar to what people are thinking at that particular time.

Logically speaking, why would some board be able to contact spirits, which are basically just an entirely human idea that we don't know even exist? Doesn't make much sense. There's little reason to think they would do anything, it's like saying you still believe in Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

>.< That's not the point of this thread. Think of it as telling ghost stories around a campfire. No one (well, usually) believes them, but it's still fun. It becomes stupid when people go on to say, "Ghosts aren't real!" "Ghosts are real!" "That's just stupid!" Which is what happened in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back