• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Maleficient have been in KHII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

I knew she was coming back just because the way she went out in kh, but that doesn't make up for her being a waste of game. It's like they tried to develop a side plot about her, like "Oh, i bet everyone's wondering what Maleficient does in her spare time! Castle shopping!". Kh2 would have been fine without her.

E

Eyesore

I think she should be in any (chronologically accurate) KH game.
To me, she's a figurehead for the series. A pretty good one at that.
I like her role in the KH mythos, even if it was heavily decremented in the second game.
PS: Her dragon form completely annihilated me when I first played KH1.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
her villain status has diminished greatly since the first game to me she is sht she consideres pete to herself i wonder what happened to her in coded

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
In my opinion, her role in KH2 was not needed at all. She wasn't even a boss which made it an even worse storyline to follow. The fact that she sided with Pete has wrecked her status completely.

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
With Maleficent, I have to say that I'm glad I did not have to fight her...that would have been scary. Anyhow, I do think she should have had more of a role, but at the same time it would've cut too much into the Org time. Her return was to keep the Disney Villain acive within the game, due to the fact that Tetsuya Nomura always needs a Disney Villain portaining to the main storyline, therefore put as an obsacle to stop Sora's plans. Plus, Maleficent was the mistress of evil and if she did not return, then it would not have been a disney game. Yet, I wish she had more involvement with the org members.

By the way, Pete should have been in at least one game...after all he is the original Disney Villain.

Maleficent should definitely return to the KH games. Just with more involvement.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I'm glad she came back, I mean knowing that she is still alive out there, means that she can cook up some evil plot again.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
In KH1, she dies. In KH2, she comes back. Something to do with ppl's memories of her.

I'm personally of people who insist on complaining about the obvious as if they have no lives. This topic should be closed.

I dare anyone to argue that.***********

HopeReincarnated

I actually didn't mind her role in KHII. It just means that I can look forward to fighting her in future games.
Besides, it's not like she helped Sora and co. because she felt like being good. She wanted them to end the org. for her and she wanted the castle for herself.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
No, she shouldn't have been in the game because she just disjointed the story's focus even more and she wasn't particularly threatening in any way.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
How long have you been on this forum?

That's a very good question. He needs to leearn that ANYTHING is up for discussion, especially with the lack of KH news. If he doesn't have anything nice to say, he shouldn't say anything....

No, she shouldn't have been in the game because she just disjointed the story's focus even more and she wasn't particularly threatening in any way.

True, but Nomura must've had plans for her if he added in at the last minute. I wouldn't be surprised if he had originally inteended to kill her off in KH1, only to bring her back due to popularity or as a "deux-ex-machina." (Random Plot device out of nowhere)

Besides, she was the mastermind of the whole Timeless River/Disney Castle screw-up. She WAS threatening in that scenario. I wanna know why she wasn't a boss in KH2 cause of that.....>_>

I'd have rather fight an evil mage trying to change history than a blubbering fat-a** sidekick with little to no influence....

Last edited:

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Would I have allowed her into the game? Yes. On the basic conceptual level, I fail to see why not. She was brilliant in KH1 with turning Sora and Riku against each other and plotting to take over the entire universe. Her not quite turning into a Heartless despite having the KoPH used on her earned her points and made her a potential "Special beings spawner" like Sora and Kairi. Being the main antagonist for most of KH1, she had the right to make a comeback - assuming she'd have had a purpose and was handled better. But that can be said about a damn many things in KHII, most of the Organization included.
Hell, Sora included.
This makes me even more frustrated and disappointed, seeing how now that BBS is out, we know that Maleficent came in contact with the original Xehanort himself, and was plotting on achieving the objective he let her know was right in front of her for the better part of the last decade. That alone gives her a spot of honor in the series as one of the main, true antagonists.
But, alas, KHII used her as filler and an excuse to have more Heartless in a Nobody game, and Re:coded continued this farce of a treatment (as much as I love the game, Pete and Maleficent really felt redundant) with how that plot line ended.

tl;dr sure, let Maleficent stay in KHII. It's more the game that needs fixing, less her appearance in particular. And I personally prefer that fan-hype and popularity will bring back someone with the potential to recreate what she's done in KH1 (hell, Vexen even bothered to comment about her in R-R after Riku did away the Memory-clone, this means business) than a character whose sole purpose in the series so far was to be the pedo bishie next to the angst blonde emo-muffin.

localorange

This makes me even more frustrated and disappointed, seeing how now that BBS is out, we know that Maleficent came in contact with the original Xehanort himself, and was plotting on achieving the objective he let her know was right in front of her for the better part of the last decade. That alone gives her a spot of honor in the series as one of the main, true antagonists.
But, alas, KHII used her as filler and an excuse to have more Heartless in a Nobody game, and Re:coded continued this farce of a treatment (as much as I love the game, Pete and Maleficent really felt redundant) with how that plot line ended.

tl;dr sure, let Maleficent stay in KHII. It's more the game that needs fixing, less her appearance in particular. And I personally prefer that fan-hype and popularity will bring back someone with the potential to recreate what she's done in KH1

Ok, so responding to the bold....

@ Bold # 1: I think this alone can give Maleficent the potential to be redeemed in BBS v2. I can imagine Aqua fighting her in a darkened world of Enchanted Dominion and her being "ThatOneBoss" because the darkness completely surrounding her will amp her power up to an insane amount.

@Bold# 2: This. It was like the creators realized they needed a Disney villain and lazily inserted her in. I remember the very first time I played KH2, and I was genuinely nervous when I saw her reappear. By the end of the game however, I was literally going, "WTF?!"

@ Bold # 3: So, I'm just going to repeat what has been said in threads referring to the future of the game XDD. Because the only other Disney Villain with the same potential as Maleficent is this creature of fright right here:

Horned%20King.jpg

As far as the question? Yeah, Maleficent had every right to be in KH2. But she was completely and utterly ruined. Pete did her no favors. He was holding her potential down.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I like Malficent, I don't know why but she seems like a major character to the KH series now. So yes I'm glad they put her in KH2 it reminded me of KH1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back