• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Maleficient have been in KHII?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I don't think she should have been in KH2. The best they can do with her now is make her battle Aqua in BBS vol.2, and have her die there. But it should be like the Erauqs battle, have MX kill her at the end.

Epic death right there.

HopeReincarnated

In my opinion the best thing they could do with Maleficent is have her stay low for the next few games. Maybe she could hide in the RoD and consolidate her power. Then when Xehanort is out of the way she could wage a full out war against the RoL. Maybe she could tap into the power of the RoD itself. For once I'd like to see her as the main and final antagonist.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I honestly see her point in the game as pointless. First, because she didn't play as much of an antagonist role as she played in the first Kingdom Hearts game. Second, some of her 'evil plots' were kind of trivial, such as turning Santa Claus into a Heartless and going back in time to get the Cornestone of Light in order to fill the castle with darkness. The Organization played more of an 'evil twist' than Maleficent or Pete ever did. At least, some of their plots ended up working, such as going to 'Land of Dragons' and turning one of the guardian dragons into a Heartless and having Sora kill it to release it's heart. Last, Maleficent and Pete seemed to be helping Sora whether than defeating him.

On a side note, I think it's ironic that Maleficent doesn't know that the Nobodies are apart of the Heartless she controls.

It would have been interesting to see Maleficent and the Organization working together to turn Sora into a Heartless and capture Kingdom Hearts, because both of them had the same goal and Sora and his friends were a constant hindrance to both their goals.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Organization played more of an 'evil twist' than Maleficent or Pete ever did.

And yet ironically, they kept more behind the scenes while we got to see Pete if not Maleficent in quite a few worlds. They were in Port Royal, the Pride Lands, Halloween Town, Agrabah, and of course Disney Castle which is basically waging war against THE Light protagonists of the series.

Last, Maleficent and Pete seemed to be helping Sora whether than defeating him.

I fail to see why this downgrades her evilness since she wasn't doing this out of the goodness of her Heart as much as realizing she was better off taking down two birds with one stone by having Sora and the Org off each other. At the very least, she'd have one less to deal with once the battles were over. The rest is KHII overall lacking.

On a side note, I think it's ironic that Maleficent doesn't know that the Nobodies are apart of the Heartless she controls.

And why should she know that? As opposed to AtW and Xehanort, she didn't study the Heart. I really also doubt Nobodies were too common a knowledge at the time of BBS and then there's the issue of what exactly MX told her. So her knowing would've made less sense, imo.

because both of them had the same goal

Setting Xemnas's true hidden agenda aside, both Maleficent and the Org having the same goal is in itself why they were enemies. Universal domination isn't something you want to share, least of all with people who were your equal if not more powerful. When it came to the Disney villains it's quite obvious Maleficent was one of the top dogs if not the-, so working together didn't harm her in the least.

digimikej

Awards
i was reading one of the posts, and i just thought of something: how DID the orginazation turn things into heartless? only the heartless and/or someone really,really evil with a keyblade can steal peoples hearts, so, how could they turn anything into a heartless, let alone i giant flying dragon that most likely was very, very angry at the annoyance?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Stealing people's Hearts =\= turning them into Heartless. The only reason Sora became a Heartless was because the Keyblade he used let the Darkness into his Heart and then he was overwhelmed by it - albeit willingly. Keyblades don't seem to do that regularly.

As to how they did that - while not the general case, I think Xaldin's behavior in Beast's Castle is a good display of their work methods. Also keep in mind that they control both the Heartless and to a certain degree, the Darkness. It's not unthinkable they should be able to create more Heartless and Nobodies.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
She should have been in it yes, but not with the basic storyline that really only affected one world. Hopefully she will be featured heavily within future games like she was in KH1 as she is a great character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back