• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Save Points or Autosave?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Well do you think? Should save points in the kingdom hearts series or should we autosave. Autosaving would be more time efficient and I would be happy if the game automatically saved everytime I went into a new area or closed the menu. Should it be in 3D and KH3?

EDIT: Wow this was posted 3 times. Can someone delete the other 2? I don't know what happened

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I think that they should stick to save points. That way if you mess up in some way you can load an older save.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Save points are more tradition at this point for the games.

While save points have their disadvantage(being yelled at by parents because you can't go to bed until you find a save point), autosave could make people a bit upset when they accidental do something, make a mistake, or want to re-fight a boss.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It really depends on the structure of the game design. So far, no reason to switch to Auto Saves. Although they could do what other RPGs do and incorporate both.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Both.

Being able to save when you want and also having a temporary save file would be grand.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
No, not only are save points a series staple, what if I bought or sold something I didn't want to, or if I wanted to load back to a previous point and it saved? No. I hate autosaving, it feels like I have less control, and I've always prefered save points over auto saving. Unless a secondary file is created, along with save points. Imagine, I forgot to save and the game shut off, then I see where I meant to save in the "load game" section. That would be great.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'd prefer neither and be able to save via the menu whenever I want.

Exactly. The only reason I want secondary saving is in case there was a power outage, or I forgot to save, I would still be able to have my own file, but in case something happened, I'd have something to fall back on. Imagine something similar to the saving system in Saint's Row, but being used for Kingdom Hearts.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know. I like the idea of save points and auto saving because they tend to be at appropriate stop points. Sort of how books have chapters instead of continuously going on till the end.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I'd prefer neither and be able to save via the menu whenever I want.

^My thoughts exactly. I love that about the Pokemon series, and if I remember correctly, I think one of the FFs also had that option other than just on the world map. But I could be wrong.

That is what I'd want.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
only autosave would obviously suck but autosaves could be good if you absolutely have to stop playing or if the battery on the ds/psp/3ds goes out. (or if there's a power failure)

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
I voted save points. Not only have they been a traditional KH thing, but what if you went past a certain area, missed a treasure chest that had some pwnsome item in it, and you couldn't go back? Then, before you realize it, your game autosaves. No getting that super awesome thing now. :(
Though, saving from the menu would be nice....

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Menu saving makes both options sound bad. Being able to save whenever I want seems like a great option. However, there is the fact that save points fully heal you, so I'm not sure how that would work out.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Menu saving makes both options sound bad. Being able to save whenever I want seems like a great option. However, there is the fact that save points fully heal you, so I'm not sure how that would work out.
Relying on save points to regain health makes you weak. You're a weak playa. For shame.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Relying on save points to regain health makes you weak. You're a weak playa. For shame.

No, I don't. I'm just saying, the series is geared towards younger players, and if the save mechanics suddenly changed, wouldn't that lead to problems?

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Being able to save wherever you want would lead to problems, you silly nuggets.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Saving is hardly a problem. Regardless of what hypothetical situations people come up with, has anyone legitimately had any problems with any of these 3 save systems?

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread an example of a chest that you can no longer get. As far as my recollection goes, there's never been a situation like that in KH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back