• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Saddest book

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
THE POWER OF ONE

Seeing it performed is heart breaking.

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Come Clean by Terri Paddock; the events are truly shocking and the end made me cry like a bitch. ;A;

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Because I've read it recently, I feel like it's fair to mention The Old Man and the Sea. He spends so long trying to catch the fish, and when he finally overwhelms it after days, it's taken away from him by sharks. He comes back with nothing. Hemingway's language contributed a lot to the feeling, the simplicity just makes it awful.

The end of any series that I get really involved in is generally also depressing, albeit in a melancholy way. The last book of the Dark Tower series, the ending of His Dark Materials, etc.

UsagiOkami

The Random Rabbit
Noting that sanity is a point of view... Mine is s
Saddest book I have ever read is Night.

Second saddest book I ever read was The Book Thief.

Other books that made me cry/ripped my heart out, were Bridge to Terabithia, Number the Stars, Harry Potter 7, The Rules of Survival, Anne Frank, Black Box, Looking for Alaska, Good Night Maman, Reaching for the Sun, Someone Called Eva, The Year the Gypsies Came, Voyage on the Great Titanic: Diary of Margaret Ann Brady, Stuck in Neutral, The Stones of Mourning Creek, Copper Sun, Play to the Angel, A Single Shard.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Second saddest book I ever read was The Book Thief.

Bridge to Terabithia

Oh goddamn, you had to bring these up.

The Book Thief did an excellent job of making us feel for Liesel, even if she turned out alright herself. This is probably my favorite World War Two novel, even though I've read Night and Number the Stars too. (though, both of those were very good as well.)

And Bridge to Terabithia may have made me cry as a kid, I don't remember. The ending came out of nowhere though, and it was so appropriate.

Last edited:

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
The books that I remember reading that made me really sad were The Diary of Anne Frank, Bridge to Terabithia, and the last Harry Potter book because lots of my favorite characters died and it was kind of dreary throughout (still loved it though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back