• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Saddest book

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell is certainly a depressing book, but I don't know if it's what you're talking about in terms of 'sad'.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
∞;4921131 said:
Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell is certainly a depressing book, but I don't know if it's what you're talking about in terms of 'sad'.

Very true, I still hold on to the notion that nothing in this world can trump the human spirit but it did shake it up a bit.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
those goddamn boy & his dog books always make me tear up (where the red fern grows, because of winn dixie, LASSIE COME HOME OH GOD LOL)

also, kite runner

Aria

braver by the minute
Handle with care is such a good book!

I've only cried over one book... Where the Red Fern Grows :'( it makes me cry everytime!

The Kite Runner is also a really sad book, although i didn't cry over it. My Sisters Keeper gets me pretty sad too.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Handle with care is such a good book!

I've only cried over one book... Where the Red Fern Grows :'( it makes me cry everytime!

The Kite Runner is also a really sad book, although i didn't cry over it. My Sisters Keeper gets me pretty sad too.

Where the Red Fern Grows was a really good book. The ending was probably the saddest part. My Sisters Keeper was also really good.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
oh fuck
holocaust books

night, i have lived a thousand years, number the stars etc etc

horrifying D:

Aria

braver by the minute
Aqua-Sea-987 said:
Where the Red Fern Grows was a really good book. The ending was probably the saddest part

omg i know i start bawling everytime i read it. i took it to school one tiem and people gave me weird looks cuz i was crying.

oh god ANNA ;_______;

WHYYY

D:

SHE WAS SO CLOSE!! :'(

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
fuck sarah dessen or whoever writes all those tragic books. "once upon a time there were two sisters and one of them had a fatal disease and DIED the end" basically sums up a majority of her books.

[i know i put this in the horny thread, but still x_x] Candy by Luke Davies is a pretty sad book at the end. SHOWS HOW ADDICTIVE DRUGS CAN REALLY GET ;_____;

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
yeah it's probably the mildest of the ones i listed.

night is just mindfuck through the whole book, and the scene in i've lived a thousand years where the girl's mother gets crushed by the barracks, that always disturbs me.

fuck sarah dessen or whoever writes all those tragic books. "once upon a time there were two sisters and one of them had a fatal disease and DIED the end" basically sums up a majority of her books.

i always saw girls in my school reading her books, i thought they were romances. hurm.

never read anything by her personally.

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
yeah all the girls in my school reading them too. "OH GOD THIS BOOK IS SO CUTE BUT SO SAD I'VE NEVER CRIED AT A BOOK BEFORE" shut up all of her books are the same exact thing. one of them dies, why did you not know this when you picked up your third sarah dessen book?

never read anything by her either. thank god.

αsiя

space coke
Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross sad but I think it will only affect a certain group of people

Jolts

∞;4921131 said:
My thoughts on this book exactly. Depressing, but not exactly sad. It certainly gets you to think though.

night is just mindfuck through the whole book, and the scene in i've lived a thousand years where the girl's mother gets crushed by the barracks, that always disturbs me.
I read that last year for english, and it is definitely my nomination for the saddest book ever. That part you mentioned was certainly sad, but that book is just depression, pain, and misery the entire way through. The worst part is though, where a lot of the books mentioned here were fiction, this book is entirely real. What was going on in the world at the time was just haunting, and this book practically gives you a front row seat.

NumberVIII

I can't really pick one book that was the saddest for me, though I often find myself crying from them. I have to say though, the book that probably made me cry the most was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. God, I was sobbing for most of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back